PDA

View Full Version : In Game Screenshots

Josh Whitcombe
08-02-2016, 06:13
When ever I take a screenshot with the in game screenshot feature, and then go to look at them under my profile, the pictures are just a black screen, does anyone know what is going on here?

Azure Flare
08-02-2016, 06:23
Are you using the in-game screenshot button or F12?

Josh Whitcombe
08-02-2016, 06:39
I am using the in-game button

Azure Flare
08-02-2016, 07:41
Try F12. It'll then show up on Steam when you exit the game.

Sepp666
08-02-2016, 07:57
I hope that the ingame photo-mode will be fixed. I know that you can take screenshots with F12 but i'd like to use the ingame photo-mode because of the filters and all the stuff. For triple screen users the taken photos are distorted like it was reported here. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23429-Issues-with-the-in-game-screenshot-feature/page2
Andy Garton told us a half year ago that they confirmed it (the squishing of photo mode shots) as a bug, and he thanked for reporting the bug but since then nothing happened.

hdh
08-02-2016, 08:15
I think we just have to realize that the photomode in pCARS isn't going to improve. It is, and will remain an afterthought. Fingers crossed they cook up one for pCARS2 that gives us the freedom to be properly creative.

Saloei
08-02-2016, 23:39
This is how I get them onto my pc from PCars - Driver Network Profile - Highlights page: Download FRAPS(free app). Install, Load and look over the app to familiarize yourself with taking screenshots. Start FRAPS before you load PCars. Take the screenshot using PCars picture tool. Go to your Highlights page to view the pic and hit the designated key press FRAPS uses for screenshots. Go to you FRAPS\SCREENSHOTS folder and in there you'll see the FRAPS screenshot you just took.

Josh Whitcombe
09-02-2016, 03:54
I have Fraps, and it's viewing the screenshot in the actual driver network profile that's the issue, all the photos in there are just black screens.

satco1066
09-02-2016, 13:04
Why do you use a second tool. Screenshot function in steam ( F12) is operational in every steam game..

Saloei
09-02-2016, 13:50
Good tip. Never considered Steam.

Davidiano
09-02-2016, 18:41
I have that issue too,that begin after patch 3,fixed in patch 5 and started again in patch 8 (on Radeon cards,my friend have to that trouble). Sorry for my bad English.

ex_
09-02-2016, 21:21
This is how I get them onto my pc from PCars - Driver Network Profile - Highlights page: Download FRAPS(free app). Install, Load and look over the app to familiarize yourself with taking screenshots. Start FRAPS before you load PCars. Take the screenshot using PCars picture tool. Go to your Highlights page to view the pic and hit the designated key press FRAPS uses for screenshots. Go to you FRAPS\SCREENSHOTS folder and in there you'll see the FRAPS screenshot you just took.

then you are effectively taking a screenshot of a screenshot. That is not optimal, as it is sort of like photocopying a newspaper over and over again. You will loose some quality in the process. (Replicative fading) If it is the only option, of course it will work. But what you want is the ability to save the picture directly to your PC with no intervening steps.