PDA

View Full Version : A PS4 for Jack Spade

spacepadrille
08-02-2016, 11:57
Has a lot of you, I spend a lot of time and maybe damaged my wheel with too strong FFB because I was completely new to PCars and to FFB system, so looking for information I was reading Jack Spade's thread, and using his settings and recommendations for a while. The famous 100 FF...
After that, I was lost among new theories (bManic, Grimey, Haiden and others), and even after patch 8 I still can read in JS's thread a lot of incomprehension between PS4 users and PC ones (just go and see, it's going nowhere).

So, to thanks Jack Spade for all his work and to maybe help to unify the FFB theory, I suggest to raise a subscription to offer as a gift a PS4 to Jack Spade, and to open a new thread called "Jack Spade's settings for the PS4", and like that to close this old sterile debate.

I don't know how to make this, maybe mods can open a special thread with donations allowed, collect the money, buy and send the gift ?

Who like this idea ?

GrimeyDog
08-02-2016, 12:26
I would Gladly put My $2.00 towards this!!! To bring Peace and unity to the FFB Tweeker Community.

I 100% Support this... Its a Great Idea.

RoccoTTS
08-02-2016, 12:30
Has a lot of you, I spend a lot of time and maybe damaged my wheel with too strong FFB because I was completely new to PCars and to FFB system, so looking for information I was reading Jack Spade's thread, and using his settings and recommendations for a while. The famous 100 FF...
After that, I was lost among new theories (bManic, Grimey, Haiden and others), and even after patch 8 I still can read in JS's thread a lot of incomprehension between PS4 users and PC ones (just go and see, it's going nowhere).

So, to thanks Jack Spade for all his work and to maybe help to unify the FFB theory, I suggest to raise a subscription to offer as a gift a PS4 to Jack Spade, and to open a new thread called "Jack Spade's settings for the PS4", and like that to close this old sterile debate.

I don't know how to make this, maybe mods can open a special thread with donations allowed, collect the money, buy and send the gift ?

Who like this idea ?

Apparently the FFB on PS4 and X1 are much stronger than PC.
This is what i read on the first page of JS thread : Steering Gain = 145 variable.
The word "variable" is very important, i use on X1 Steering Gain = 85 and the rest of the settings are the same.
For me this feels just about right, if you think it's too strong, lower Steering Gain.

PS : there's no wrong or wright in this matter, if you don't want to use JS settings or you're more comfortable with your own settings, it's ok.

GrimeyDog
08-02-2016, 12:35
Apparently the FFB on PS4 and X1 are much stronger than PC.
This is what i read on the first page of JS thread : Steering Gain = 145 variable.
The word "variable" is very important, i use on X1 Steering Gain = 85 and the rest of the settings are the same.
For me this feels just about right, if you think it's too strong, lower Steering Gain.

PS : there's no wrong or wright in this matter, if you don't want to use JS settings or you're more comfortable with your own settings, it's ok.

The FFB on XB1 is the Strongest of all 3 systems... You can Lower the RAC to Reduce FFB Strength at the Source and It will Not affect the FFB Full Dynamic Range... Reducing FFB at the Sterring Gain Reduces FFB Dynamic Range.

RoccoTTS
08-02-2016, 12:58
The FFB on XB1 is the Strongest of all 3 systems... You can Lower the RAC to Reduce FFB Strength at the Source and It will Not affect the FFB Full Dynamic Range... Reducing FFB at the Sterring Gain Reduces FFB Dynamic Range.

Thanks for the advice, but i don't change my ffb settings anymore. I found my sweet spot about ffb settings months ago.
I'm concentrating on driving and racing now ;)

spacepadrille
08-02-2016, 13:12

The point is not about if I use or not JS's settings, or if I want or not. I have my own settings, a tweak of morpwr's global settings, and JS classic in car. Very happy with this. I'm now out of the tweaking zone, enjoying races, tracks and cars. My intention is only to avoid to new players on consoles to mess around between numerous posts that don't tell the same "truth" instead of having fun on the game. Call this a NEEDED BIG CLARIFICATION ;-)

GrimeyDog
08-02-2016, 13:14
Thanks for the advice, but i don't change my ffb settings anymore. I found my sweet spot about ffb settings months ago.
I'm concentrating on driving and racing now ;)

If you get Board or Curiouse try it... It works you will see...it will allow you to Run TF 1.00 if you like... all other settings Remain the same.

BigDad
08-02-2016, 13:26
Did anyone ask Jack if he wants to even do this before we start handing out coin ?

spacepadrille
08-02-2016, 13:42
When you want to do a gift usually you don't ask the agreement of the person it is for... I'm sure JS will be happy to play PCars on PS4, just to KNOW what the other tweakers are talking about. And JS deserves a gift from the community for his work, and his work deserves a PS4 tweak to be more universal. So...

cluck
08-02-2016, 13:57
As noble as the gesture might be, I can't help thinking this is less 'a gift' and more 'a gift ... with strings attached'

The immediate questions that spring to mind are :-

Who collects the money?
Does Jack actually want a PS4?
What happens if Jack gets his PS4 and doesn't produce any FFB stuff for it? Are people going to demand the return of the PS4 or their money for the 'gift'?

I'm with BigDad, I'd actually wait and see if Jack wants to help out before starting anything :).

RoccoTTS
08-02-2016, 14:03
As noble as the gesture might be, I can't help thinking this is less 'a gift' and more 'a gift ... with strings attached'

Who collects the money?
What happens if Jack gets his PS4 and doesn't produce any FFB stuff for it? Are people going to demand the return of the PS4 or their money for the 'gift'?

I'm with BigDad, I'd actually wait and see if Jack wants to help out before starting anything :).

Conclusion : not a good idea
And there's no need for console ffb settings IMO, current JS settings works on console if you lower the general ffb strength.

spacepadrille
08-02-2016, 14:12
Ok Cluck, what you say makes sense, of course.
That's why I suggest that the mods, if they like the idea, manage the thing, with Jack's agreement if needed. All I say is that could be fine, and if it happens I will be very glad to put my 20€ of participation. This game is great, this forum is helpfull, and this forum can help the game to become better. That's all. ;-)

spacepadrille
08-02-2016, 14:13
current JS settings works on console if you lower the general ffb strength.

yes it is. But you cannot read that approved by Jack in the thread. That's the point.

Mascot
08-02-2016, 14:14
The twist: spacepadrille is Jack Spade.

GrimeyDog
08-02-2016, 14:15

Who collects the money?

Even though JS and i dont exactly see eye to eye i would Support this and donate Accordingly... The FFB Tweeking is for the Community and its another way to Bridge the Gap between the 3 systems... i think it would be a Great way for His Loyal supporters to acknowledge his efforts... 1 of the Mods can Collect it through Pay pal.

besides i would Love to Meet Him on the Track... LOL

morpwr
08-02-2016, 14:34
Conclusion : not a good idea
And there's no need for console ffb settings IMO, current JS settings works on console if you lower the general ffb strength.

Js settings work if you start at your wheels default value for ffb which you will most likely have to turn down. Not the pc 100 like is being told. I think that's what hes getting at.

Jack Spade
08-02-2016, 17:46
Guys, Im really flattered and its a nice idea but are you really serious? Honestly I would really like to help to clarify
the PC/Consoles compatibility issue, but....

actually I have trust in SMS that the car/tire physics is identical on all platforms so the individual car settings are
not an issue. I would guess the majority users of my car settings use them as they are on any platform, Im unaware of
any major adaptations. The global setting is different construction site as this is more or less wheel depending and Im
on a CSW v2, so a T300 user would have it somewhat different on PC and Console anyway, let alone personal taste.

Now if it just finally comes down to FFB Master at 100 yes or no, or maybe a little less TF, is it really worth to start
this action?
(Maybe SMS now has mercy and sends me a PS 4 and X-Box and a T300, G25, AccuForce, T500 RS and, and...:))

spacepadrille
08-02-2016, 18:07
Guys, Im really flattered and its a nice idea but are you really serious? Honestly I would really like to help to clarify

actually I have trust in SMS that the car/tire physics is identical on all platforms so the individual car settings are
not an issue. I would guess the majority users of my car settings use them as they are on any platform, Im unaware of
any major adaptations. The global setting is different construction site as this is more or less wheel depending and Im
on a CSW v2, so a T300 user would have it somewhat different on PC and Console anyway, let alone personal taste.

Now if it just finally comes down to FFB Master at 100 yes or no, or maybe a little less TF, is it really worth to start
this action?
(Maybe SMS now has mercy and sends me a PS 4 and X-Box and a T300, G25, AccuForce, T500 RS and, and...:))

Great ! I'm glad you like the idea. I'm using your exact individual car settings (classic except FX smooth 10, Mz smooth 0) with an inspired but different global setting than yours. But i'm serious, I think it will be cool for you to have a PS4 "gift of the community", as it will be very interesting to have a "translation" of your PC/CSW 2 settings onto PS4/CSW 2. Even if it's just at the end "for PS4 lower FF to 75 and that's all folks", a simple thing in which you can thrust is so far better than the actual blur field.

So now we can see Jack Spade himself is not against this idea, is there a mod motivated enough to organize the suscription and make this PCars community grow in friendship and knowledge sharing ?

I want to donate for JS's PS4 ! :-)

morpwr
08-02-2016, 18:55

this action?

Your car setting work great! The problem lies with the ffb master as our consoles do work differently. Once you get away from the 100ffb master its easy to get very good ffb with your settings and if you look at my wheel settings you can see they are based off yours but adapted to the t300 and ps4.

konnos
08-02-2016, 19:23
...Maybe SMS now has mercy and sends me a PS 4 and X-Box and a T300, G25, AccuForce, T500 RS and, and...:))

Niceee...

GrimeyDog
08-02-2016, 19:57

Whoooa...thats a long list... i Respect your efforts enough to chip in for a PS4 or XB1 but the Accuforce we gonna have to Vulcan Mind Meld for that 1:D ...LOL.

https://imgflip.com/readImage?iid=30276653

wyldanimal
08-02-2016, 22:21
I think there are Many members on this Forum just as Deserving.
So here's an Idea..
One of the Moderators can organize it..

Everyone put's in $2.00 a month via Paypal, and One Members name is drawn at Random from all participants.
https://www.random.org/lists/

copy and paste the List of Names, and then Post the results..
Lucky Winner get the pot, sent via Paypal, Less what Paypal collects as their fee.

lancashirelad
09-02-2016, 02:52
I don't mind paying for dlc , but to have the force feedback instructions translated from Mandarin is pushing it. :)

Fre.Mo
09-02-2016, 08:05

Who like this idea ?

Good idea but I also suggest to raise a subscription to offer me a PC to test the Jack Spade's true settings... :p

Mascot
09-02-2016, 09:22
Here's an idea: why not respect the original spirit in which all help is offered to others by members of this forum, ie as friendly assistance to fellow enthusiasts? I have to be honest, I find this whole concept of retrospectively and arbitrarily sending 'rewards' to people slightly odd. It's not why the help was offered in the first place, and it seems incredibly presumptuous to shower gifts on people who never asked for them in the first place.

On the flip side, one member recently did ask for PayPal payments before he would share something that he'd created for himself and was proudly showing on the forums. That left an equally sour taste.

Ah, just my 2p of worthless opinion. I'm in a bad mood this morning.
:)

GrimeyDog
09-02-2016, 11:58
Here's an idea: why not respect the original spirit in which all help is offered to others by members of this forum, ie as friendly assistance to fellow enthusiasts? I have to be honest, I find this whole concept of retrospectively and arbitrarily sending 'rewards' to people slightly odd. It's not why the help was offered in the first place, and it seems incredibly presumptuous to shower gifts on people who never asked for them in the first place.

On the flip side, one member recently did ask for PayPal payments before he would share something that he'd created for himself and was proudly showing on the forums. That left an equally sour taste.

Ah, just my 2p of worthless opinion. I'm in a bad mood this morning.
:)

I think just because he does it and Has Not asked for anything in Return that it would be a Noble thing to do for him... Sheeesh Me and JS dont see eye to eye... I never Know if posting in his thread is gonna Slap Me or Hug Me... But even I reapect his efforts... I do My own Tweek thing and dont use his Methods and it takes Hours and Hours to come up with a Good feel until you have a Base Starting point...with that said... Even though Methods are Different i Respect his hard Efforts to share his teek work with the community... What Happens when he gets tired and Stops doing it??? i would Gladly donate $10.00us. if this could be organized on his behalf....and im Not Even a Loyal JS Follower/Tweek user im sure he has 49 more Loyal Tweek users to donate $10.00!!! just My 2 bits.

Im in a Good Mood... LOL

BigDad
09-02-2016, 12:06

this action?
Please don't forget the Fanatec 911 GT2 for your testing , lol .

BigDad
09-02-2016, 12:09
Great ! I'm glad you like the idea. I'm using your exact individual car settings (classic except FX smooth 10, Mz smooth 0) with an inspired but different global setting than yours. But i'm serious, I think it will be cool for you to have a PS4 "gift of the community", as it will be very interesting to have a "translation" of your PC/CSW 2 settings onto PS4/CSW 2. Even if it's just at the end "for PS4 lower FF to 75 and that's all folks", a simple thing in which you can thrust is so far better than the actual blur field.

So now we can see Jack Spade himself is not against this idea, is there a mod motivated enough to organize the suscription and make this PCars community grow in friendship and knowledge sharing ?

I want to donate for JS's PS4 ! :-)
The way i read it he didn't agree , he seemed to wonder if it was needed .

BigDad
09-02-2016, 12:15
I think just because he does it and Has Not asked for anything in Return that it would be a Noble thing to do for him... Sheeesh Me and JS dont see eye to eye... I never Know if posting in his thread is gonna Slap Me or Hug Me... But even I reapect his efforts... I do My own Tweek thing and dont use his Methods and it takes Hours and Hours to come up with a Good feel until you have a Base Starting point...with that said... Even though Methods are Different i Respect his hard Efforts to share his teek work with the community... What Happens when he gets tired and Stops doing it??? i would Gladly donate $10.00us. if this could be organized on his behalf....and im Not Even a Loyal JS Follower/Tweek user im sure he has 49 more Loyal Tweek users to donate $10.00!!! just My 2 bits.

Im in a Good Mood... LOL
I'm not paying for your hanbrake , lol .

I just got laid ......LOL

RoccoTTS
09-02-2016, 12:18
If i was Ian, i would hire him and pay him to optimise the standard FFB settings for PCARS 2, so we have a better ffb out of the box in the next iteration.

GrimeyDog
09-02-2016, 12:22
I'm not paying for your hanbrake , lol .

I just got laid ......LOL

Nice!!! You should be Sleeping then... and in a Good Mood...LOL..
Hand Brake paid for... It will be here Next week just in time My Vacation:yes:

I dont even Know what i will use the HB for or even if i will use it...Im Not a Drifter... Never Have Been... Maybe when dirt comes out.... But its going to look Really Kool on My Set up.... I just bought the Fanatec CSS SQ shiftr so i figured i might as well go all the way and get the HB too... why not you only live once:cool:

You can pay for that N1 play seat though:D Wooo Hooo!!!

GrimeyDog
09-02-2016, 12:26
If i was Ian, i would hire him and pay him to optimise the standard FFB settings for PCARS 2, so we have a better ffb out of the box in the next iteration.

What if every 1 doesnt like his FFB feel??? Im Not too particular to his Tweek feel..... I like the every 1 can create their own FFB feel Method better... But as i said im Not even a JS Follower and i will support this...ijs

RoccoTTS
09-02-2016, 12:29
What if every 1 doesnt like his FFB feel??? Im Not too particular to his Tweek feel..... I like the every 1 can create their own FFB feel Method better... But as i said im Not even a JS Follower and i will support this...ijs

I mean JS settings just as a preset, so you can choose between standard and his settings.

valfar
30-09-2017, 09:29

this action?

A new GPU is what you really need :D

senna94f1
01-10-2017, 23:58

Who like this idea ?

Now forgive me Ian but this is one of thousands who thought the ffb on first game was brilliant, so why have ps4 users got this horrible tacky useless 3 flavours mode ,,gain can't go higher then 45% as wheel won't turn do to ffb being too strong, so I really don't understand this but I do understand why you subcontracted beta testing out , tbh I am on verge of selling pc2 , as its left me really fed up with too many frustrations ,basically miserable. ,no wonder the PC version of pc2 are having a blast, much too the dismay of me and other ps4 users,all the best ,may be I will come back in 2 years time when ps4 users are included in SMS sim racing games.

senna94f1
02-10-2017, 00:00
A new GPU is what you really need :D

See what's coming lol

Olijke Poffer
02-10-2017, 07:08
Cool Idea indeed... c’mon SMS, send JP the asked hardware so he can provide us the needed info on car and FFB setup. :very_drunk: