PDA

View Full Version : Daytona

billk1
08-02-2016, 20:21
Will there ever be a track for Daytona in PC?

AbeWoz
08-02-2016, 20:27
doubtful in pCARS1, maybe in 2 but we shall see. There is supposed to be one more track expansion in March/April but only time will tell.

STEELJOCKEY
08-02-2016, 22:02
I hear the Corvette is coming this month, so anything is possible track wise.

Akra
09-02-2016, 07:33
Daytona, Sebring, Road Atlanta are the big American ones we're missing!

kevin kirk
09-02-2016, 15:05
yea sebring or road amercia. Daytona looks fun but the banking gets boring after the cars spread out.

Rockefelluh
09-02-2016, 16:37
yea sebring or road amercia. Daytona looks fun but the banking gets boring after the cars spread out.

As much as I love those tracks, an Oval is well overdue. And I am not a stock car fan. But there is a stock car in the game that is begging for an oval. And with Indycar likely, an Oval is even more overdue.

bradleyland
09-02-2016, 17:05

Daytona would certainly include the road course layout used for the Rolex 24. After all, there is only one stock car in the game.

The only US endurance series still active is the Patron North American Endurance Cup, which includes Daytona Road Course, Sebring International Raceway, Watkins Glen GP (w/Bus Stop), and Road Atlanta. Of those circuits, we only have Watkins Glen in pCARS, so North American racers are only able to simulate racing series held across the big pond. I'm really hoping we see even more North American representation in ProjectCARS 2.

kevin kirk
09-02-2016, 21:58
Daytona would certainly include the road course layout used for the Rolex 24. After all, there is only one stock car in the game.

The only US endurance series still active is the Patron North American Endurance Cup, which includes Daytona Road Course, Sebring International Raceway, Watkins Glen GP (w/Bus Stop), and Road Atlanta. Of those circuits, we only have Watkins Glen in pCARS, so North American racers are only able to simulate racing series held across the big pond. I'm really hoping we see even more North American representation in ProjectCARS 2.....or a long beach or another real street coarse. Maybe something the indy cars race on. To be honest any real street course from anywhere would make me happy.

kevin kirk
09-02-2016, 22:03

The only US endurance series still active is the Patron North American Endurance Cup, which includes Daytona Road Course, Sebring International Raceway, Watkins Glen GP (w/Bus Stop), and Road Atlanta. Of those circuits, we only have Watkins Glen in pCARS, so North American racers are only able to simulate racing series held across the big pond. I'm really hoping we see even more North American representation in ProjectCARS 2......yea I was actually talking about the road course saying the banked turns lose the thrill when everything gets spread out. The excitement in huge banking is being 3 wide 4 rolls deep. I certainly wouldn't complain if daytona was added. Don't get me wrong.

Dynomight Motorsports
10-02-2016, 00:40
I would happy so happy with Daytona road course. 24 hours there would be epic! We did a simulated 24 hour race at Le Mans and it was a blast! To have both Daytona and Le Mans in the same game would make this game THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!

Darren O'Brien
22-02-2016, 00:45
Long Beach is Coming to pCARS 2

Ian Bell
22-02-2016, 06:56
Long Beach is Coming to pCARS 2

We don't talk about pCARS2 specifics Darren.

daohaus
29-02-2016, 23:21
I'm waiting for those mentioned as well as COTA that would be nice.

Pbucko
03-03-2016, 15:21
Darren is p cars 2 going to be bug free ??? Lol

THATladNOBLE
04-03-2016, 11:52
Hope you're joking on Daytona, I'm sure most consumers and the Devs won't want to waste time making that god awful race track, especially with how many tracks are leagues ahead which could possibly be included. What a waste of time and energy making the most boring race/track in the world.

oscarolim
04-03-2016, 13:13
Actually the infield (track used for the 24H) is quite interesting.

kevin kirk
07-03-2016, 21:14
Darren is p cars 2 going to be bug free ??? Lol.....no game that has or ever will be made by anyone or any company will ever be bug free. No game, ever.

kevin kirk
07-03-2016, 21:15
Hope you're joking on Daytona, I'm sure most consumers and the Devs won't want to waste time making that god awful race track, especially with how many tracks are leagues ahead which could possibly be included. What a waste of time and energy making the most boring race/track in the world...I bet your not really that sure about that

Dynomight Motorsports
09-03-2016, 16:35
Daytona would be able to accommodate the Stock Car in the Oval configuration as well as the GT3-LMP's in its 24H configuration. Why would that not be an awesome addition to pCars.

Nelson Pacheco
09-03-2016, 16:50
doubtful in pCARS1, maybe in 2 but we shall see. There is supposed to be one more track expansion in March/April but only time will tell.

one more and DLC's end?

Dynomight Motorsports
09-03-2016, 18:07
one more and DLC's end?
If they kept supporting pCars 1 why would you even buy pCars 2? I just hope it isn't a long excruciating wait.

THATladNOBLE
20-03-2016, 22:59
..I bet your not really that sure about that

Okay maybe not the dev side, but the rest 100% ha. Daytona is beyond boring, half the fun of racing is nailing the track, Daytona is purely racer vs racer. Even so, who really outside of America is a fan of oval racing, as well as the fact there's plenty of better tracks to make which aren't included.

kevin kirk
23-03-2016, 02:13
Okay maybe not the dev side, but the rest 100% ha. Daytona is beyond boring, half the fun of racing is nailing the track, Daytona is purely racer vs racer. Even so, who really outside of America is a fan of oval racing, as well as the fact there's plenty of better tracks to make which aren't included....I would agree with the oval being boring.

Raven403
23-03-2016, 17:46
Okay maybe not the dev side, but the rest 100% ha. Daytona is beyond boring, half the fun of racing is nailing the track, Daytona is purely racer vs racer. Even so, who really outside of America is a fan of oval racing, as well as the fact there's plenty of better tracks to make which aren't included.

How much have you raced on it to come to that conclusion? Since your opinion is obviously the only one that matters......:rolleyes:

Boring to WATCH doesn't mean boring to RACE on.

Psychomatrix
25-03-2016, 03:32
What is the patron endurance cup never heard from such a cup ??? So far as i know was patron only main sponsor at the american le mans series. I only know weather tech united sports car championship former tudor uscc. Patron was there sponsor on the number plates.

AbeWoz
25-03-2016, 12:17
The Patron Cup is an endurance cup built into the IMSA series. They had it last year at well. It includes Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Petite Le Mans. Some race teams will only compete in those 4 races or will field additional cars in those races.