PDA

View Full Version : FORD_FALCON_FG_STICKERS

chaser
08-02-2016, 23:05
Hi Guys can someone help me work this out pls not sure what I haveto save it as and how to get the name and number blocks out of a solid colour back ground
cheers

Darren O'Brien
08-02-2016, 23:32
Ahh, I had the Same issue as you but i got some help from NWRAP (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?114957-NWRAP).
He put me through these Steps.

-So on the window template you have the groups (folder icon) for ALPHA and DIFF

-Hide the ALPHA group (eye icon)

-So all you see is the DIFF group

-OK open the file FORD_FALCON_FG_STICKERS.dds (in your custom livereies folder)

-So you should have open the window PSD & the dds file Side by Side

-OK now on the template with just the DIFF group showing do the following, Any Logos to go on the Windows, Put them in the Spot.

-Press Ctr+A to select all, then CTRL+SHIFT+C to copy all layers at once.

-THEN on your dds paste the merged layers.

So you should have this after you merger the 2 layers

-NOW go back to the PSD and hide the DIFF group and SHOW the ALPHA group

-NOW in the alpha group you will have a numbers layer & a name layer, change them to suit your windows, Also copy the Logos you may have put on the Windows and paste into the ALPHA layer,
(On my alpha group I tell the folder to have a white overlay...then anything you put into the alpha group will automatically go white)

Example-

-OK now do the following, Ctr+A to select all, then CTRL+SHIFT+C to copy all layers at once.

-Then click on the DDS file and click the channels button so you see the Red Green Blue Alpha channels

-OK, Click on the alpha 1 channel and paste the merged layers

-ok now save as DXT5

- Have a look in game to see :)

Hope this helps you, It does get a little trick but take your time and just trial from error,

chaser
08-02-2016, 23:34
cheers buddy its been driving me mad

Darren O'Brien
08-02-2016, 23:39
Know the Feeling till i got help, sometimes I forget 1 step and it all goes cock up.

chaser
09-02-2016, 00:10
doing something wrong as im still getting solid yellow where the number is and solid white where the name is :(

Darren O'Brien
09-02-2016, 03:53
OK...I had the same problem at first. lol

So on the Stickers PSD. have just the DIFF layer showing Not the ALPHA as well. Then highlight the DIFF and CTRL+A and then CTRL+ SHIFT+C and then go to the Stickers.DDS and paste the layer in there then Merges.

DIFF Layer Only Visable

Then go back to the Sticker PSD and then HIDE the DIFF Group.

Show the ALPHA so its the only one to be seen. Then do your Name and Number as above. Then click on the ALPHA layer and CTRL+A to select the whole group and then CTRL+ SHIFT+C and then go to the Stickers.DDS and go to Channels and make sure that the Alpha Channel is the only one Selected and paste it in there.

Paste to Alpha Layer

Sounds like you have both groups up at the same time.

* I have a Video coming showing the Full steps.

chaser
09-02-2016, 23:04
working now was saving as DXT 1 deeerrrrrrrrrr you clearly said save as dxt5

Darren O'Brien
10-02-2016, 00:58
LOL, Very easy mistake to do..

Glad was able to Help :applause:

Morgan Henstridge
12-02-2016, 07:22
I believe it should definitely be DXT5 as DXT1 does not include the Alpha layer.

Cartman78
13-02-2016, 02:36
You're right :D

Doktor_Drift
02-03-2016, 14:10
You guys got any clue how to do this with Photoshop Elements 7? It handles groups, alphas and channels differently, from what i've read. Not even possible to follow these steps.

Here's where i get stuck - "Then click on the DDS file and click the channels button so you see the Red Green Blue Alpha channels"...

If i load a DDS into PE7, there's nowhere to select channels like this. I get 1 background layer and i can bring up the alpha (I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT AN ALPHA MASK/CHANNEL IS/DOES, BUT I KNOW I NEED IT!!) with "load selection". It displays the alpha over the background layer, but doesn't create a layer or a group or anything and i don't know what to do with it...

Also, with downloaded window templates from this site, why are we pasting stuff onto the existing custom liveries sticker DDS? Is not the idea to create a DDS using the template? I don't get it....

Yep, skinning noob here and average photoshopper here :( Any help would be appreciated. I could just get another photoshop, too