PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment with ps4 and subscriptions

cooper1970man
10-02-2016, 06:34
Hi All,
I have finally finished setting up 2 x driving simulators at home side by side so my son and i can play.
2 cockpits
2 ps4
2 thrustmaster wheels and pedals
2 screens
2 logitech z906
2 pcars discs
etc, etc.
just for those who dont know.
now i find out i need to have a subscription on both consoles to play multiplayer wtf, why is there no direct link or other work around, instead of paying $120 per year this will now double.
I guess if i sell my ps4's and buy computers i would not need subscriptions. not happy.

LukeC
10-02-2016, 07:07
Hi All,
I have finally finished setting up 2 x driving simulators at home side by side so my son and i can play.
2 cockpits
2 ps4
2 screens
2 logitech z906
2 pcars discs
etc, etc.
now i find out i need to have a subscription on both consoles to play multiplayer wtf, why is there no direct link or other work around, instead of paying $120 per year this will now double.
I guess if i sell my ps4's and buy computers i would not need subscriptions. not happy.

It's what they decided and that's how it is. There is nothing any of us can do about it.

Btw your son is very lucky to have a father like you. I got my father to take me to a Grand Prix once when I was twelve and he whinged for years about how he wasted a Sunday. I know that the daily striving for the all-mighty dollar is depressing but life is short. So enjoy racing with your son make great memories and don't worry about a few bucks.

cmch15
10-02-2016, 07:14
No idea if this would work, but if you only have one PS and you're the primary account holder, your son as just another user also has access to multiplayer. So, can you just set up the second PS4 in the same way and your son as a secondary user would have access to multiplayer as above.

I don't know if it is possible to be the Primary account on two consoles though.

SUBGTRACER
10-02-2016, 08:35
I think you perhaps should look at things a little differently , it's more than likely you and you son will try different titles in the future , not just racing games . With the free games you will get every month there will be heaps of co-op joy to be had if you are open to other game genres.

Try it , nothing but joy to be had there

Liquid7394
10-02-2016, 09:55
This should help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IyNsnUxcm8

cooper1970man
10-02-2016, 10:20
I appreciate everybody's comments and have watched the video, thanks for that i will give it a try. i had some emails from sony and they didn't mention anything about sharing and i also spoke to them over the phone. That is why i decided to go onto this forum as there are a lot of helpful people cheers.

GrimeyDog
10-02-2016, 11:40
It's what they decided and that's how it is. There is nothing any of us can do about it.

Btw your son is very lucky to have a father like you. I got my father to take me to a Grand Prix once when I was twelve and he whinged for years about how he wasted a Sunday. I know that the daily striving for the all-mighty dollar is depressing but life is short. So enjoy racing with your son make great memories and don't worry about a few bucks.

Agree 100% I also have 2 driving set ups... My son is 15 and Not a Big Racing Fan though... But just for us to spend hours in the game room together is priceless

BigDad
10-02-2016, 11:58
I think you perhaps should look at things a little differently , it's more than likely you and you son will try different titles in the future , not just racing games . With the free games you will get every month there will be heaps of co-op joy to be had if you are open to other game genres.

Try it , nothing but joy to be had there
SUBGTRACER do you actually enjoy the ps+ crap games Sony is pumping out ? If so your the first person i know that does .

Lethal 556
10-02-2016, 12:22
Hi All,
2 cockpits
2 ps4
2 screens
2 logitech z906
2 pcars discs
etc, etc.

With all due respect, I find it odd that you clearly can financially afford 2 identicley expensive racing setups but complain about having to have 2 subscriptions?

biggbaddwolf
10-02-2016, 12:29
SUBGTRACER do you actually enjoying the ps+ crap games Sony is pumping out ? If so your the first person i know that does .
I agree the free games they offer every month are a complete joke!

Liquid7394
10-02-2016, 13:43
Besides personal preference, what makes the 'free' games a joke?

BigDad
10-02-2016, 14:13
Game play,graphics ,sound.

Liquid7394
10-02-2016, 14:17
So every free game's gameplay, graphics and sound are a joke? If that's what you're saying then you're wrong.

GrimeyDog
10-02-2016, 14:47
With all due respect, I find it odd that you clearly can financially afford 2 identicley expensive racing setups but complain about having to have 2 subscriptions?

Im not being sarcastic but that was not the point of the OP's comment... When XB360 first came out i could play Crack Down and other games from my Home in house net work betwen multiple Xbox 360's... Them MS got Greedy and took that feature away... There was No Need for them to stop us from doing that just on a in house Net work basis....thats the point... Maybe his son is young and he does Not want to expose him to online play yet... some people are Not Kid Friendly cursing, Racist Comments etc. and who wants to be a slave to Pay service if online play is Not your thing. just My thoughts.

Liquid7394
10-02-2016, 15:45
Being forced to pay for online is BS imo, I really wish Sony didn't copy Microsoft in that regard.

Lethal 556
10-02-2016, 19:18
Im not being sarcastic but that was not the point of the OP's comment... When XB360 first came out i could play Crack Down and other games from my Home in house net work betwen multiple Xbox 360's... Them MS got Greedy and took that feature away... There was No Need for them to stop us from doing that just on a in house Net work basis....thats the point... Maybe his son is young and he does Not want to expose him to online play yet... some people are Not Kid Friendly cursing, Racist Comments etc. and who wants to be a slave to Pay service if online play is Not your thing. just My thoughts.

OK I see what your saying now

biggbaddwolf
10-02-2016, 20:06
I have seen better graphics on PS2 games than the free PS4 games they cram down our throats every month...enuff said

bradleyland
10-02-2016, 20:39
I do find it odd that there is no LAN-game option in ProjectCARS. That used to be a thing back in the day. Hell, we used to haul our XB360's over to a rented hotel conference room for LAN parties.

Does anyone know why LAN isn't an option in pCARS? Is it a platform restriction? I know the console-makers were never a fan of the option, but it was kind of expected back then, because not everyone had reliable internet access.

Liquid7394
10-02-2016, 21:22
I have seen better graphics on PS2 games than the free PS4 games they cram down our throats every month...enuff said
Either your eyesight is poor or you've never played any PS2 game.

Show me a PS2 game that has better graphics than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpS-oadeewo

Or this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueDAKruIQNg

Or this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vawwy2eu5sA

Or this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8HqqIGYv3w

Or this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltH1eWxZutE

Plus there was Driveclub: PS+ Edition.

Besides graphics aren't everything, and if you really cared about graphics you should be gaming on PC. Thanks to PS+ I got to play the fantastic Transistor, Rocket League, Infamous: First Light, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Apotheon, Oddworld:New and Tasty, Valiant Hearts, The Unfinished Swan, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

The 'free' games might not be your cup of tea but the majority are far from being a joke.

BigDad
10-02-2016, 23:39
You work for Sony or something?
I've had my ps+ since October and non of those titles or even anything like those have come up .
So basically I'm paying to play online only .
Also i buy a game from psn one day for $90 then the next day it's $47 , if that happens at any store in Australia you can get the difference payed back to you . Not with Sony all purchases are final. Then one week later that same game is $90 again . That store is a JOKE .

JessicaWalter
10-02-2016, 23:58
SUBGTRACER do you actually enjoy the ps+ crap games Sony is pumping out ? If so your the first person i know that does .

ive downloaded a bunch of free games that i enjoy. i had planned on purchasing super meat boy but it was free the month it came out. i probably have at least 15 or 20 games that i really like that i got for free.

BigDad
11-02-2016, 00:49
Glad your Happy .

SUBGTRACER
11-02-2016, 07:20
None of you have ever bothered to try dead nation ? I had a awesome time co-oping that with my misses .....

10s of hrs of fun and the graphics are sweet .

I'm not saying I like all the games they give , yes a lot are woefull but there are some truly great games also .

Liquid7394
11-02-2016, 11:20
I've had my ps+ since October and non of those titles or even anything like those have come up .
Also i buy a game from psn one day for $90 then the next day it's $47 , if that happens at any store in Australia you can get the difference payed back to you . Not with Sony all purchases are final. Then one week later that same game is $90 again . That store is a JOKE .
It's irrelevant whether you have them or not, they were PS+ games and they aren't a "joke".
If you're only paying to play online then yes that sucks, but you can thank Microsoft and Sony for that.
Why are you whining about games going on sale after you payed full price for them? If you can get the difference payed back in Australian stores then go shop in Australian stores. The UK store have ridiculous prices as well, but guess what I do? I buy games elsewhere. I rarely buy big games on the PS Store, unless it's a better deal, because games often cost 10-20 more.

And no I don't work for Sony. I'm just not ignorant, I don't think that because a game doesn't suit my tastes it is a "joke". There are plenty of PS+ games that I've tried where I decided that it wasn't for me, that doesn't mean others won't enjoy it.

Anyway, I've proven my point so I'm done.

BigDad
11-02-2016, 11:25
None on ps4 since i started subscribing .
I did just grab Grid autosport on ps3 for my children though but nothing that interests me .

Liquid7394 , if that is your real name .
I bought the game on psn because i made a mistake and it will never happen again .
Maybe Sony think its a joke pushing all the games no one buys out as ps + and are laughing all the way to the bank .
Love you .XXX
Hey read my posts again , were did i state anything about games being jokes ?

Gloomy
11-02-2016, 12:37
It sucks to have to play online, but I do enjoy the games that come with it. Not all of them but there's been a few that I've really enjoyed. I still play rocket league sometimes with a few friends.
You can find it for 40 sometimes to.

Fight-Test
11-02-2016, 13:11

You have no clue man

Fight-Test
11-02-2016, 13:13
You have no clue man

No one has tried helldivers this month? Epic coop that I can't belive is free.

biggbaddwolf
11-02-2016, 20:11
You have no clue man
I do have a clue..they suck..but PS+ games aren't really what this forum is about, so again ...'nuff said!

Haiden
12-02-2016, 01:16
Apparently, everyone seems to have forgotten the days of paying for multiplayer access and NOT getting any free games every month. Whatever they're handing out now-a-days, consider it gravy, because they could just give you a MP connection and call it a day. Just saying. :)

Fre.Mo
12-02-2016, 13:35
Apparently, everyone seems to have forgotten the days of paying for multiplayer access and NOT getting any free games every month. Whatever they're handing out now-a-days, consider it gravy, because they could just give you a MP connection and call it a day. Just saying. :)

Yes but Sony should propose 2 different access: one for multiplayer online gaming (say 40€/year) and the other one for MP online and "reduced price" games (say 50€/year)... I don t care about these too numerous mini games. Or instead Sony should propose only ONE GOOD game/year...

Salty Dog
12-02-2016, 14:27

Mate your comment about being able to get your money back if youve bought before a sale at 'any store in Aus' is not even remotely true, there are very few stores that offer that option, if it was 1% of all stores in Oz id be very surprised.

Shops have sales, thats how it works, wait for the sales if you dont want to pay full price.

Haiden
12-02-2016, 16:08
Yes but Sony should propose 2 different access: one for multiplayer online gaming (say 40€/year) and the other one for MP online and "reduced price" games (say 50€/year)... I don t care about these too numerous mini games. Or instead Sony should propose only ONE GOOD game/year...

Has the price gone up since they started offering free games? I don't know, because it's been this way since I joined PS+. But on Xbox, I don't think the price changed when the free games started. If that's the case with PS, then why offer to price points, if the games were a free add-on? If people were okay with the price of PS+ before the free games, then what's changed?

BigDad
13-02-2016, 05:10
Mate your comment about being able to get your money back if youve bought before a sale at 'any store in Aus' is not even remotely true, there are very few stores that offer that option, if it was 1% of all stores in Oz id be very surprised.

Shops have sales, thats how it works, wait for the sales if you dont want to pay full price.
It's become a policy of lots of retail store FYI . Even money back if your unhappy in ANY way .
Find the same product else were cheaper and get the difference refunded .
But of course you know best pulling out your statistics with that 1%stat. lol.

ChrisK
13-02-2016, 06:33
You only need one ps+ membership to play on both consoles. If you have the ps+ membership, then make sure your son uses the ps4 which has been activated by you as your primary ps4. Then you use the other one cos you take your ps+ membership to whatever console you log in as. We do it this way at home and it works perfectly.

BigDad
13-02-2016, 09:08
Hey ChrisK can you play on both at once ?

Liquid7394
13-02-2016, 21:32
Has the price gone up since they started offering free games? I don't know, because it's been this way since I joined PS+. But on Xbox, I don't think the price changed when the free games started. If that's the case with PS, then why offer to price points, if the games were a free add-on? If people were okay with the price of PS+ before the free games, then what's changed?
PS+ started off as an optional subscription service on PS3, and it still, then it became mandatory on PS4. In Europe the 1 month and 3 months subscription increased a bit but the yearly sub has remained the same. I think people are more bothered by the fact they have to pay for something they don't want.

ChrisK
14-02-2016, 07:03
Hey ChrisK can you play on both at once ?

Different users can, yes.
Sony won't tell you that cos it's technically game sharing.

BigDad
14-02-2016, 08:00
Well doesn't this solve the problem the OP was having ?

ChrisK
14-02-2016, 09:59
Yep. lol
He just has to make sure he sets one ps4 as his primary. That's all. Pretty easy.
Pretty sure there is a link to a video of hw to do it further up.

Just to clarify a bit further. If you are a ps+ member and set your ps4 as primary, it means that all of your sub accounts can log onto that machine and play that game with their own username and their own game saves etc as if it were their own game. (It may actually be any user at all, not sure.). So in other words, your licence for the game is allocated to the ps4 whereas if you aren't a ps+ member, only your username can use the game.

For that reason alone, it's worth it. There have been a few good games on ps+. My kids played rocket league to within an inch of its life. Pretty sure I got journey for free aswell and that was superb. Most beautiful looking game I've ever seen on screen. Wasn't tank wars and hardware rivals free aswell just recently ? Or were they just heavily discounted. They're other game the kids have been going berserk on.

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 14:40
Yes i can also confirm that so long as you put the primary account on one ps4 but create 2 accounts and have them both set to their respective PS4s. Our full website do it lol. Sorry sms. If its any conciliation i did buy two copies of your game though.

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 14:46
x1 game + x1 ps subscription = 2 completely different people from all over the world playing online together for the price of one. Add this account to your friends list and I'll talk you through it my friend.
VR-Mustard ;) (sorry mods)

cooper1970man
21-02-2016, 22:33

This is something that i have saving for for a couple of years and doing extra work on the side to achieve.

Lethal 556
21-02-2016, 23:43
Well good for you, I hope your kid appreciates your hard work and dedication!

pa_pinkelman
22-02-2016, 19:51

:rolleyes: I guess this is what they call first world problems ehh?

Slicker_VR
26-02-2016, 12:37
just to add my comment on the quality of ps+ titles - the good games mentioned above are mostly from early ps4 days, and on ps3 we used to get top titles (about a year after release).
i totally agree that the quality of recent ps+ titles is poor, lots of them are 'hd' remakes of ancient games, which were great when they came out, but now are indeed a joke