PDA

View Full Version : Bug in MP Spectator?

erw1n
12-02-2016, 13:37
Hey guys. need your help, plz.

We are running a MP season with m1 procar, fixed setup. the last time more and more drivers ask me why one of our drivers looks worst in spectator mode.
I made a short video to show what they mean. the video shows that he seems to drive without fuel and had a strage throttle movement and sound... (other cars are normal)
the lap looks not so round and clean but its 2-3 sec faster than the rest of the field. but have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oewGG2bEBko

The question is, is it a bug or something else, i blacked the names to call nobody a cheater... but thats the question at the end. :rolleyes:

At the end itīs just a connection problem... but to all others... every race... donīt know... :confused:

Would be great if somebody had a answer for me.

thx

(and sorry for my english, itīs not my language ;))

Sankyo
12-02-2016, 14:04
Hey guys. need your help, plz.

We are running a MP season with m1 procar, fixed setup. the last time more and more drivers ask me why one of our drivers looks worst in spectator mode.
I made a short video to show what they mean. the video shows that he seems to drive without fuel and had a strage throttle movement and sound... (other cars are normal)
the lap looks not so round and clean but its 2-3 sec faster than the rest of the field. but have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oewGG2bEBko

The question is, is it a bug or something else, i blacked the names to call nobody a cheater... but thats the question at the end. :rolleyes:

At the end itīs just a connection problem... but to all others... every race... donīt know... :confused:

Would be great if somebody had a answer for me.

thx

(and sorry for my english, itīs not my language ;))
We've had a few reports before about people being much faster than others in MP. Does this guy have his PC overclocked?

Daynja
12-02-2016, 14:11
We've had a few reports before about people being much faster than others in MP. Does this guy have his PC overclocked?

Hi Remco,

If your referring to a post made by a club mate, Charger from RWB Racing (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40649-Why-am-I-winning&highlight=Winning), pls PM me. We discovered the root of the problem (and fixed it) , that being excess lag and more power than others, plus a sync issue which allowed his client to start (green light) before anyone else.

Sankyo
12-02-2016, 14:26
Hi Remco,

If your referring to a post made by a club mate, Charger from RWB Racing (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40649-Why-am-I-winning&highlight=Winning), pls PM me. We discovered the root of the problem (and fixed it) , that being excess lag and more power than others, plus a sync issue which allowed his client to start (green light) before anyone else.

Indeed, if you read that thread then you'll see that I contacted some people through PM who experienced that, they shared how they managed to produce this issue, and I passed all (very useful) info to the devs.

erw1n
12-02-2016, 14:48
thx for your reply, very useful/interesting link

Charger
12-02-2016, 16:59
As said I sorted mine after extensive investigation and it isn't really overclocking that causes it as I run mine overclocked now but something else, you would have to show me the start of a race and a side by side drag race with the same cars and default setups and I can tell you if it's similar, I have been pulling my hair out with this bug but it is quite easy to fix if you know how.

Get his system specs also as this will help diagnose it.

erw1n
14-02-2016, 10:32
As said I sorted mine after extensive investigation and it isn't really overclocking that causes it as I run mine overclocked now but something else, you would have to show me the start of a race and a side by side drag race with the same cars and default setups and I can tell you if it's similar, I have been pulling my hair out with this bug but it is quite easy to fix if you know how.

Thanks charger, will try to get his specs and a record of the start/ 1on1. will ask him to get his help to finaly fix the problem...

Jan Studenski
14-02-2016, 10:38
Its known that the replays are broken, just ask Elmo

Here my specs (btw it highly unlikely that its a bug on 2 very different systems)

Computer: See signature

Laptop (last 2 races i drove with that)(https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/medion-erazer-x7835-1730-full-hd-intel-core-i7-4710mq-32gb-win-81-win-10-ready-notebook-4655857):
i7-4710MQ 2.5 - 3.5 Ghz
GTX 980M (up to date drivers)
32 GB DDR3 RAM
250 GB SSD
No Overclock for the laptop and CPU of Computer isnt overclocked aswell for thermal reasons (it may be damaged)

I just would say im naturally quick.

About connection:
On the laptop i drove with 4G, there were NO connection problems at all, no start light dsyncs aswell.
On the computer i drove with copper cable, 200kbps down / 20kbps upload

In the past i had fibre (a year ago) and there i already was much faster than them.

I think its just that the drivers (not the admins) are jealous / annoyed of my speed. (There are various reasons to believe so). I already joined 3 races later (The leader had already 75 point lead over me when i first raced there).
In the RSR League (see sig) im in their Top 10 and that says it all. Im just quick and they cant handle that.

P.s. Im actually rendering the quali & race [with telemetry] on my computer, will take like 3h and some more to upload, will post it in this thread.

P.p.s I have no CPU Bottleneck on my system and my settings are set so i always have 60 FPS (even in rain), except at the start (there i also accept 50 FPS). I always aim for no bottleneck during racing.

P.p.p.s I have on both system a FPS Cap of 60 (done with MSI Afterburner)

erickgoldner
14-02-2016, 15:29

Don't you think your knowlodge on this matter should made public ?!

Especially if the devs can't reproduce and you seem to had it figured it out ?

Charger
14-02-2016, 18:09
Don't you think your knowlodge on this matter should made public ?!

Especially if the devs can't reproduce and you seem to had it figured it out ?

I think I said enough in the thread I made, I won't make it public as it could be abused, lets just say I fixed mine by doing a BIOS flash, there was a guy that PM'd me who also had the problem for different reasons, the easiest way to tell is by the grid start, I could get away 1-2 seconds ahead of people and it was pretty obvious and I see it occasionally with other people, doing a drag race side by side with default set ups is another test, it not specific to any type of CPU either and it isn't down to overclocking as there would be a lot of people having an issue.

Jan Studenski
14-02-2016, 23:02
@Charger: If you think i have the same bug - plz pm me

Here my view (incl. telemetry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC1DdaWtNz4

Charger
15-02-2016, 00:58
Looking at your race craft, no I think you are very quick and I assume you are manual, but I need to see a race start and also do a drag race on a straight with default set ups with a couple of people either side of you, but from what I have seen you can drive very well, nice downshifts pre corner and holding power mid corner, I see nothing wrong so far, your telemetry looks good.