PDA

View Full Version : Changing steering wheel location

VaplexR
12-02-2016, 23:31
Is it possible for you guys to have an option on where the steering wheel and where the player model sits.
I'm a first person view player and would like to see the Bentley and EVO steering wheel on the US side. I can't drive on the right side its way to confusing and annoying. Bentley and the EVO is one of my fav manufacturers and i find that we should have this option since this is a globe game and many country play this game.

kevin kirk
12-02-2016, 23:58
imagine being from a country that drives on the right trying to play the game. Only a couple of cars would seem normal to them.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
13-02-2016, 00:09
To put it bluntly, no. It'd be a ton of work to make the "wrong" cockpits for all cars, it's much more involved than just reversing the 3D model, and that's ignoring possible licensing issues (the cars were generally licensed with the steering wheel on the side of the country of origin, with a few exceptions like McLaren). That's not something that's going to happen now, because it wasn't something that was going to happen at any point (it was asked during development, and instantly shot down).

VaplexR
13-02-2016, 06:01
Thank you for explaining the situation. :( i guess we can inverse our monitor and change the key maping so left is right and right is left.

Chris12345
13-02-2016, 08:42
imagine being from a country that drives on the right trying to play the game. Only a couple of cars would seem normal to them.

Coming from Australia, I have just sucked it up and got used to it. I'm even very proficient with using the shifter on the wrong side (for me)

You'll get used to it

Joe Moore
13-02-2016, 20:46
To put it bluntly, no. It'd be a ton of work to make the "wrong" cockpits for all cars, it's much more involved than just reversing the 3D model, and that's ignoring possible licensing issues (the cars were generally licensed with the steering wheel on the side of the country of origin, with a few exceptions like McLaren). That's not something that's going to happen now, because it wasn't something that was going to happen at any point (it was asked during development, and instantly shot down).

No no no you so wrong ---- lol .

http://youtu.be/k8aUl8zphPA

Had to do it :)

Azure Flare
13-02-2016, 21:19
It was a little strange at first for me to drive RHD, but I got used to it very quickly and have no issue with it at all.

Tomcul
14-02-2016, 10:21
It doesn't matter what side you sit just accept it and race.. It's not as if you have to drive on a certain side of the road..
i can't understand people with this complaint!
It's like the kph mph complaint... Just accept it real race drivers have to!
I like to move my shifter to match the side it's on in game!!

Awong124
14-02-2016, 17:50
If you're on PC you could press ctrl+k and use the WASD keys to move your view to whereever you want. You won't have the dash and steering wheel, but you could be on the left inside the car.

Tbolt47
14-02-2016, 23:46
Strange complaint, I don't have a problem driving on either side, I don't really see how it affects driving. When you get into a new car you have to get use to how it drives, part of that is the driving position, whether it's high, low left or right.

And I'm from England, so a lot of the cars in the game are on the "wrong side" for me, but both feel right.

Mahjik
15-02-2016, 00:08
It can be disorienting if you've never done it before.. I remember GTR2 introduced me into sim driving cars that placed the driver on the opposite side than I was used to (it was the Lister). It took a while for me to get used to and it really had my spacial awareness messed up. I had a hard time judging where to place my car on the track, constantly dropping wheels off the left side. I eventually got used to it (and then eventually used to mods in rFactor which did the same). When pCARS started and had cars representing both LHD and RHD, I didn't find it a problem but I understand those who aren't used to it finding it cumbersome.

Haiden
15-02-2016, 18:28
It really doesn't take long to get used to. And, TBH, having to deal with it, is just part of the simulation experience.

Jezza819
15-02-2016, 19:07
It was a little strange at first for me to drive RHD, but I got used to it very quickly and have no issue with it at all.

I got broken in on driving RHD way back in TOCA Race Driver 3. It doesn't bother me at all to drive RHD.

Roger Prynne
15-02-2016, 19:18
Funny enough I've never really thought of the left/right driving position, I just get in and drive, and I'm just as comfortable/fast either way.

Joshua Healy
15-02-2016, 19:43
Funny enough I've never really thought of the left/right driving position, I just get in and drive, and I'm just as comfortable/fast either way.

Yeah it's the same for me.... I've never been bothered with where the wheel is in a car. I just get in and drive.

bradleyland
15-02-2016, 19:47

I was thinking the same. Kind of funny, one day when I was lapping the Nordschleife in the Evo, the fact that I was on the "wrong" side of the car caught me by surprise. I hadn't even noticed. I made it all the way to Aremburg when I thought "boy, that curb sure seems close" as I apexed :D

AbeWoz
15-02-2016, 20:01
it takes me a bout 1/2 lap to get used to the RHD steering position. but at the same time i usually dont drive the bentley or evo