PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars sound mix & tinnitus.

danowat
15-02-2016, 08:49
Not sure if I am alone in this, but this game has, since day one, made my tinnitus go haywire, I used to have to limit my play sessions.

Lately it's gotten worse, and I have to severly limit my play sessions, so I ask, am I the only one this happens too?, it's one of the only games that seems to does it, and I wonder if there is something in the sound mix that does it?

Sankyo
15-02-2016, 08:51
You don't get this with other racing games? I can imagine that the relatively monotonous and repetitive engine sounds trigger tinnitus?

danowat
15-02-2016, 08:52
You don't get this with other racing games? I can imagine that the relatively monotonous and repetitive engine sounds trigger tinnitus?

Nope, I play a lot of racing games and only PCars appears to do it, not sure if there are some very high, almost inaudible frequencies that are doing it.

Mad Al
15-02-2016, 11:08
certain cars do indeed seem to set it off more.. on those odd occasions where it's actually stopped being a P.I.T.A in the first place..

I certainly wouldn't say it's the only game I've played that set it off....

Invincible
15-02-2016, 11:29
I have this too, but not only from PCars (and there only 4 or 5 cars who trigger it) and also only when I use my headphones. But to me, it is always a sign that the volume was too high. I then turn down volume a bit, wait another ten minutes and from then on everything is fine.

Until if fiddle with the volume again on any other occasion and have it too loud again, that is.

MISTER WU
15-02-2016, 22:34
I use the equalizer on my sound and set it to Soft because of this very same reason otherwise i end up hearing the annoying ringing noise all night long and cant sleep!

Roger Prynne
16-02-2016, 13:17
I suffer with quite bad tinnitus and find it's the high pitch cars that make it worse, like the FA, Pagani and some LMP's etc.
The low end sounds (more bass) like the Sauber C9 are fine, and yes of course turning down the volume does help especially with headphones, but it's still a pain in the ass.

I don't think it's a problem with the game per-se, just that some sufferers are more susceptible to the higher pitched sounds than others.

danowat
16-02-2016, 13:21
I think it might be related to the very high frequency sounds (some almost inaudable in some cases) for both the turbos and the brake squeal on certain cars.

could_do_better
16-02-2016, 13:30
I too have to concur that I've noticed increased tinnitus recently but only at certain times.
I hadn't put two and two together, with my playing habits, but it I'm pretty sure it correlates.
Volume turned right down as of last night, thanks for pointing out the effects of some sounds.