PDA

View Full Version : Performance difference between PS4 and Xbox one

babarxxl
15-02-2016, 09:17
Hello Guy's,

I have a little question, I'm sure you are already aware of the performance difference between PS4 en XBOX one, is there any chance we will get a patch correcting that?

With similar setups I noted a difference of 1 to 2 sec /lap

Thanks for letting me know

Have a good day

UNITY Babarxxl

theoriginalR6kid
15-02-2016, 15:44
Wasn't aware there was a difference?

nissan4ever
15-02-2016, 16:17
What were you doing exactly when you saw the one or two second difference in lap time (track, time of day, grid size, weather, POV)? The main difference between the two games is 1080p vs 900p. Other than that, they basically the same (give or take).

Lethal 556
16-02-2016, 00:13
I have both the Xbox one and the PS4 version and I can confirm pcars runs much smoother on PS4 better frame rate graphics look better and I have NEVER had an issue with the sound stutter on the ps4 version like Xbox has. PS4 has a much bigger online community with many lobbies all the time. Also if you have the GTE or TM28 Leather wheel you will know that you have duplicate buttons which is such a sad waste (I know its a Microsoft issue) but on PS4 you can assign and utilize ALL BUTTONS on the wheel! In conclusion, while I have both versions I will not be returning to the Xbox version for the reasons stated above.

CPU M Rossi
16-02-2016, 02:09
I have both the Xbox one and the PS4 version and I can confirm pcars runs much smoother on PS4 better frame rate graphics look better and I have NEVER had an issue with the sound stutter on the ps4 version like Xbox has. PS4 has a much bigger online community with many lobbies all the time. Also if you have the GTE or TM28 Leather wheel you will know that you have duplicate buttons which is such a sad waste (I know its a Microsoft issue) but on PS4 you can assign and utilize ALL BUTTONS on the wheel! In conclusion, while I have both versions I will not be returning to the Xbox version for the reasons stated above.

the only time I have any sound stutter now is when my internet connection is acting up, other then that I don't get the sound stutter with the Win 10 update the xbox got.

Hammerpgh
16-02-2016, 21:47
I've never experienced the sound stutter at all. Not sure why some get it and some don't on the same system. Why does the Internet connection effect the sound?

CPU M Rossi
17-02-2016, 03:46
I've never experienced the sound stutter at all. Not sure why some get it and some don't on the same system. Why does the Internet connection effect the sound?

not sure why but I know if I am having slight problems with my internet connection the sound will stutter, and if I disconnect the screen will freeze few a few seconds even if its an offline race

Salty Dog
17-02-2016, 23:08
Everything runs and looks better on a PS4.:D

theoriginalR6kid
17-02-2016, 23:49

Agreed, the xbox's online disconnections are nowhere near as good:D

Lethal 556
18-02-2016, 02:17

Yes there are a couple of games I have for both systems. Pcars, rainbow six siege, GTA5 and Destiny and they all run smoother and look better of the PS4

Salty Dog
18-02-2016, 04:08
BWAHAHAHAHA at the bloke with his panties in a knot sending me neg rep for the PS4 comment, ''false' extremely false'' sending me to some youtube channel mwhahahahaha, gold.

KkDrummer
18-02-2016, 08:56
you PS4 players can piss off now....there is a topic on this already with a lot of info on both PCars versions, maybe mods can just close this one?

Ixoye56
18-02-2016, 09:55
All these childish "my is bigger than yours" threads gets very tiring in the long run.....

Lethal 556
18-02-2016, 10:03
I just thought it was some friendly conversation. As I stated, I have both systems and enjoy each of them so I am non bias on the situation. I state some opinions of my non bias opinion and some of you start to cry. Maybe you shouldn't partake in a thread that is so upsetting to you.

Ixoye56
18-02-2016, 12:44
I just thought it was some friendly conversation. As I stated, I have both systems and enjoy each of them so I am non bias on the situation. I state some opinions of my non bias opinion and some of you start to cry. Maybe you shouldn't partake in a thread that is so upsetting to you.

Threads like these will always end up in a fanboy flame war......

Lethal 556
18-02-2016, 12:53
Well it was a mature conversation about the 2 consoles until someone such as yourself comes into the thread and with nothing to contribute to the conversation except get butthurt over what is said. So if anyone came into this thread and started treating it as a fanboy flame war it was you and kkdrummer. Just sayin'

Fractured Life
18-02-2016, 14:22
Well it was a mature conversation about the 2 consoles until someone such as yourself comes into the thread and with nothing to contribute to the conversation except get butthurt over what is said. So if anyone came into this thread and started treating it as a fanboy flame war it was you and kkdrummer. Just sayin'

Its always a fanboy flame war. Even if you have both, once you promote one over the other, you have become a fanboy in the eyes of other fanboys lol. Its harder for people to be racist, homophobic etc etc these days so in order to get the old fix of us versus them we humans seem to love, we have resorted to really sad sides like Android vs. iPhone fanboys, PS4 vs. Xbox fanboys and on and on. As if our sports teams were not enough. It just speaks to what an argumentative species we have become.

I have an Xbox. Main reason being all my RL friends have an Xbox, and we have played the same sort of games together online for years (Gears, Forza, PGR and the like). Those Consoles exclusives mattered to me, and none of my friends had a PS4. So I couldn't really care which was better! Because there is no reason for me to try it on a PS4, I can't speak to any differences between them. And so, ignorance is Bliss :P

Lethal 556
18-02-2016, 15:27
So I couldn't really care which was better! Because there is no reason for me to try it on a PS4, I can't speak to any differences between them. And so, ignorance is Bliss :P

Exactly, so why are you even sticking your nose in this thread

2pfspiff
18-02-2016, 16:06
I will agree that Pcars runs better on the PS4, but I race in a league on the XB1 and have no intention of quitting that league. I did order the T300 base so I can run on both.

Lethal 556
18-02-2016, 16:13
I will agree that Pcars runs better on the PS4, but I race in a league on the XB1 and have no intention of quitting that league. I did order the T300 base so I can run on both.

Yea I have the TX for my Xbox and just bought the T300 for my ps4 and I will say it was nice with the Eco system thrustmaster provides because since I have the TM28 Leather wheel and t3pa pedals and shifter all I had to buy was the t300 servo base. The FFB doesn't seem as strong on the t300 as the TX. I ran about 75 on tire force setting on TX because FFB was so strong but now run 100 tire force on my T300 which still feels really good! I have been very pleased with Pcars since I bought my ps4 and moved over to the ps4 version of pcars. My online experience has been much better as well with a lot more lobbies and more variety of lobbies where as the Xbox only seemed to have 4 or 5 lobbies at any given time and all of them running gt3

2pfspiff
18-02-2016, 16:34
I agree with you. I work shift work so there are times when I am up playing until 6 in the morning (I work 12hr shifts 5 to 5 and rotate from days to nights every 2 weeks). I can still find 5 or 6 lobbies on the PS4. I hardly ever find any Lobbies after midnight on the XB1. I will still race in the league I am in on the XB1 because the people in the league are great to race against, but majority of my racing outside of that will probably be on the PS4 unless some of the league guys are running then I will be on the XB1.

Lethal 556
18-02-2016, 16:44
I agree with you. I work shift work so there are times when I am up playing until 6 in the morning (I work 12hr shifts 5 to 5 and rotate from days to nights every 2 weeks). I can still find 5 or 6 lobbies on the PS4. I hardly ever find any Lobbies after midnight on the XB1. I will still race in the league I am in on the XB1 because the people in the league are great to race against, but majority of my racing outside of that will probably be on the PS4 unless some of the league guys are running then I will be on the XB1.

I see in your signature that you have the newer 599xx Alcantara rim and the PRO pedals, I have the TM28 Leather rim and regular t3pa pedals. Bout to make another upgrade which would you recommend or say is the better buy the PRO pedals or the 599xx EVO rim?

2pfspiff
18-02-2016, 16:59
If you have the T3PA then go with the 599xx evo instead. I would only do the pedal upgrade if you wanted to invert the pedals, otherwise you already have the conical brake mod, and Bodin makes a load cell conversion for the T3PA (http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/20570-thrustmaster-t3pa-bodin-load-cell-review/). If you wanted to save the money on the rim and T3PA pro and get the Load cell upgrade for your pedals instead.

I upgraded my pedals from the stock TX 458 2 pedal setup and wheel setup so I don't really have any experience with the TM28 or T3PA.

My next upgrade will be my wheel stand and next year I will shoot for a Clubsport V2 setup.

Lethal 556
18-02-2016, 17:11
Ok thanks, I just looked up the load cell on their website and unfortunately it looks like they are sold out. I will check back in a week or so to see if they are in stock again

2pfspiff
18-02-2016, 17:26
Ok thanks, I just looked up the load cell on their website and unfortunately it looks like they are sold out. I will check back in a week or so to see if they are in stock again

I may upgrade my T3PA pro with the Ricmotech load cell mod. $169 is a hard nut to swallow though.

Lethal 556
18-02-2016, 17:30
I haven't been using the conicle break mod that came with the t3pa pedals. Tried it at first and didn't like the braking performance almost felt like I was underbraking. Maybe I just didn't have it adjusted right. Maybe I will throw it on this evening and give it another try and maybe fiddle with the placement adjustment

beetes_juice
18-02-2016, 17:41
I haven't been using the conicle break mod that came with the t3pa pedals. Tried it at first and didn't like the braking performance almost felt like I was underbraking. Maybe I just didn't have it adjusted right. Maybe I will throw it on this evening and give it another try and maybe fiddle with the placement adjustment

Definitely give the conicle brake mod another go. Little odd a first and peddles need some calibration but once you get it figured out times will drop.

bradleyland
18-02-2016, 18:09

Oh man, I can't imagine going back to no brake-mod. Eventually I'll upgrade to a load cell.

When you reinstall the brake-mod, you'll need to recalibrate your pedals to make sure you're not falling short of 100% brake travel. When you do the adjustment procedure in-game, it will detect your range of motion, so be sure not to stomp the pedal too hard during calibration. Just press firmly at the maximum desired brake pressure.

Also, I'd recommend adjusting the cone up quite a bit so that it hits the pedal sooner. The problem with running the cone way down low is that you'll get a lot of brake pedal travel before you hit the cone. This area is really hard to regulate, because there's no resistance from the brake-mod. You want a little bit of braking before you hit the cone so that you can just rest your foot on the brake for light braking, but you don't want any more than about 40%, otherwise you'll have trouble braking smoothly.

Getting the adjustment right takes quite a bit of time. That's one of the big advantages of a load cell, the range-of-motion is 100% load based, so it's much easier to get dialed in (there's no need to adjust the cone height).

Reinart86
18-02-2016, 18:11
there is no denying that the ps4 is the better console and project cars runs alot better then on the xbox one. its a fact.
and i'm a 15 year long xbox gamer so no fanboyism here. i have been playing alot on the ps4 at a friends house since my tx went in for repair. It's just a better experience overall, and i'm seriously considering to make the jump to ps4. especially now with all the sims coming to consoles.

Benja190782
18-02-2016, 18:35
^^
I feel EXACTLY the same!

But can I use all my Thrustmaster stuff on PS4 then? (See signature)

Reinart86
18-02-2016, 18:39
Well not the tx base, we will have to buy the t300 servo base. I'm thinking of selling my tx with the default 458 wheel and 2-pedals since i already have all the rest and buy the t300 base with that money.

2pfspiff
18-02-2016, 20:55
Oh man, I can't imagine going back to no brake-mod. Eventually I'll upgrade to a load cell.

When you reinstall the brake-mod, you'll need to recalibrate your pedals to make sure you're not falling short of 100% brake travel. When you do the adjustment procedure in-game, it will detect your range of motion, so be sure not to stomp the pedal too hard during calibration. Just press firmly at the maximum desired brake pressure.

Also, I'd recommend adjusting the cone up quite a bit so that it hits the pedal sooner. The problem with running the cone way down low is that you'll get a lot of brake pedal travel before you hit the cone. This area is really hard to regulate, because there's no resistance from the brake-mod. You want a little bit of braking before you hit the cone so that you can just rest your foot on the brake for light braking, but you don't want any more than about 40%, otherwise you'll have trouble braking smoothly.

Getting the adjustment right takes quite a bit of time. That's one of the big advantages of a load cell, the range-of-motion is 100% load based, so it's much easier to get dialed in (there's no need to adjust the cone height).

I agree. Once the conical cone is broken in you will be able to run it up against the brake arm. I was about an 1/8" away from the arm at first now it sits on the arm and gives good progressive resistance. Feels more natural and my lap times have improved as well with it. You start to feel more resistance like a real brake the further you push.

Lethal 556
18-02-2016, 21:47
Well not the tx base, we will have to buy the t300 servo base. I'm thinking of selling my tx with the default 458 wheel and 2-pedals since i already have all the rest and buy the t300 base with that money.

Yes Benji this is exactly what I just did. Just had to buy the t300 servo base

Lethal 556
18-02-2016, 21:50

Thanks for the advice bradleyland! I will sit down this weekend when I can get some free time from the kids and try to fine tune it with your advice

nissan4ever
19-02-2016, 00:01
Yeah, I have my conical brake mod as close as possible to the brake pedal as well. I like the brake pedal feeling a ton better than I did the stock TX pedals. Definitely mess with that this weekend Lethal 556.
Remember to recalibrate your brake pedal in game.

Lethal 556
19-02-2016, 00:19
Yeah, I have my conical brake mod as close as possible to the brake pedal as well. I like the brake pedal feeling a ton better than I did the stock TX pedals. Definitely mess with that this weekend Lethal 556.
Remember to recalibrate your brake pedal in game.

Right on, thanks Nissan! Ibthinkbthatbmight have been the problem. I think since I already had pcars and my TX wheel with stock 2 pedal set once I bought the t3pa pedals I think I may have just plugged them in and played without recalibrating the pedals. Definitely going to be giving it another go this weekend

Salty Dog
19-02-2016, 03:40
Somebody call the whambulance for some of these sensitive blokes.

The fact is you cant patch the game to work as well as it does on the PS4 because its a more powerful console, not only that but its graphics are better, thats a simple fact, how is that trolling or being a fanboy?
The reason XBOX users get upset at hearing that is because they know its true, and its not up for debate, its a simple fact that only a complete imbecile would attempt to argue against.

Both consoles are pretty similar to me, your not losing much on an xbox imo but the OP is asking for patches to fix a 1 second supposed difference, my reply to that is go out and buy the more powerful console, it will benefit you in all of your gaming.

If XBOX made a more powerful console tomorrow that gave me games that looked and played better, id go and buy it, but at this point in time they dont, so theres no fanboyism here, i just like the better product, having said that sony is far from perfect, in fact if they didnt make the PS4 i would choose not to deal with them.

OP seriously mate, a new PS4 is pretty cheap, id be thinking about getting one.

Salty Dog
19-02-2016, 03:50
there is no denying that the ps4 is the better console and project cars runs alot better then on the xbox one. its a fact.
and i'm a 15 year long xbox gamer so no fanboyism here. i have been playing alot on the ps4 at a friends house since my tx went in for repair. It's just a better experience overall, and i'm seriously considering to make the jump to ps4. especially now with all the sims coming to consoles.

Exactly my point and well said, its not a matter of fanboyism, its just how it is.

If your a gamer thats not worried about small differences in performance of your games it doesnt matter which console your using, but if your like the OP here and are concerned about 1 second lap time differences, or concerned about the finer points the PS4 is the console for you imo.

Salty Dog
19-02-2016, 03:57
you PS4 players can piss off now....there is a topic on this already with a lot of info on both PCars versions, maybe mods can just close this one?

Mate just pop up and have a look at the title of the blog?

'performance difference of PC between ps4 and xbox'

That means its open to PS4 users, i dont care what forum this is in, i found it in 'latest posts', until you started carrying on like a butthurt 13 year old girl here i didnt know i was in the XBOX forum.

How can the question be answered from only XBOX users?

Give yourself an uppercut.

cheers

Lethal 556
19-02-2016, 10:29
"Give yourself an uppercut".

cheers

Hahahaha never heard that one before

Salty Dog
19-02-2016, 11:21

Come down here to Oz, people will be saying it to you all day long lol ;)

Salty Dog
19-02-2016, 11:29

Hey Lethal, you there mate?

Umer Ahmad
19-02-2016, 11:35
Easy everyone.

Anyone can post in any section of the forum regardless of platform. And theres no need to start (again) a console-war discussion, keep it factual and professional please

Lethal 556
19-02-2016, 11:36
Hey Lethal, you there mate?

Where is Oz?

Salty Dog
19-02-2016, 11:46
Easy everyone.

Anyone can post in any section of the forum regardless of platform. And theres no need to start (again) a console-war discussion, keep it factual and professional please

Mate with all due respect an infraction??

You are kidding arnt you mate, i was having a joke with him, its an aussie saying thats a light hearted saying, give yourself an uppercut' he laughed, then i was just about to have another joke.

Treating members like me who come on here, praise the game, the devs, the mods, love the game, dont start any shit here, and you give me an infraction over this, do you think there is a chance you have misread the situation here?
An infraction? really?
Mate im respectfully asking for you to reconsider your action, i think youve been mistaken, you could have simplky sent me a note saying 'hey mate, can you go easy in that thread' i would have said 'no problems mate' but instead you have to send me an infraction.
I just cant believe what im seeing here.

Salty Dog
19-02-2016, 11:47
Where is Oz?

Down under in the land of Oz, Australia, you come down here mate and i'll take you out for a fish on sydney harbour my shout, we can both give each other uppercuts and catch a few big kingfish, cheers

Lethal 556
19-02-2016, 12:03
Sounds like great fun but unfortunately that would be an expensive flight from here in the US lol

Sankyo
19-02-2016, 12:10

You are kidding arnt you mate, i was having a joke with him, its an aussie saying thats a light hearted saying, give yourself an uppercut' he laughed, then i was just about to have another joke.

Treating members like me who come on here, praise the game, the devs, the mods, love the game, dont start any shit here, and you give me an infraction over this, do you think there is a chance you have misread the situation here?
An infraction? really?
Mate im respectfully asking for you to reconsider your action, i think youve been mistaken, you could have simplky sent me a note saying 'hey mate, can you go easy in that thread' i would have said 'no problems mate' but instead you have to send me an infraction.
Pretty sure it wasn't about the 'uppercut' remark, but about the 'butthurt 13 year old girl' sneer. We really don't members jumping on each other, if someone is out of line just use the report button, or at the very least don't start another fight but make clear in a decent way that the remark was inappropriate.

In this case, however, the guy already got an infraction, so no need jump on it further.

Salty Dog
19-02-2016, 12:33
Pretty sure it wasn't about the 'uppercut' remark, but about the 'butthurt 13 year old girl' sneer. We really don't members jumping on each other, if someone is out of line just use the report button, or at the very least don't start another fight but make clear in a decent way that the remark was inappropriate.

In this case, however, the guy already got an infraction, so no need jump on it further.

Remco, the guy had come in after me writing a totally normal post of 'everything looks and plays better on a ps4 :)' thats factual, it had a smily face as to show i was being light hearted in my praise for the PS4.

Then a guy comes in after my post and tells ps4 users to piss off, obviously meaning me, to which i replied he was acting like a 13 year old butthurt girl, and he was, if thats not the lightest tamest little sledge ive ever heard im not here.

Then I get an infraction, Respect goes both ways Remco, what a silly little trivial thing to get an infraction for, ive seen mods abused, the game abused numerous times by some and no infraction.

But here i am, a bloke that always supports the game, pushes it to everybody who loves racing, i join in here in a good spirited nature, i dont spend my time here attacking others but i get some sort of an infraction for this, is that the way to treat grown adults who spend their money on this game when he could have just said something in the blog, i just dont get this place sometimes.

I realise the mods have a hard time here, they cop plenty, its a thankless job but why alienate and lose the respect of forum members by treating lovers of the game and adults like this, its just so disappointing, i know your just defending your fellow mod Remco, i respect that, id do the same but i feel like i should leave the forum because if you can get an infraction for that it wont be long before i say some minor thing and i'll be banned for good.

If that happened id have to just put down the game i love because of the PC forum, if that happened id be shattered, its probably better to leave than have that happen.

Ive tried to be nothing but respectful to everybody here since ive came, probably sold 30 copies of your game here through recommending it to friends, its my favourite game ever, its amazing how that feeling can be eroded by the flick of a finger from a mod here.

Cheers and thanks mate and thanks SMS for such a great game.

Sankyo
19-02-2016, 13:06
Remco, the guy had come in after me writing a totally normal post of 'everything looks and plays better on a ps4 :)' thats factual, it had a smily face as to show i was being light hearted in my praise for the PS4.

Then a guy comes in after my post and tells ps4 users to piss off, obviously meaning me, to which i replied he was acting like a 13 year old butthurt girl, and he was, if thats not the lightest tamest little sledge ive ever heard im not here.

Then I get an infraction, Respect goes both ways Remco, what a silly little trivial thing to get an infraction for, ive seen mods abused, the game abused numerous times by some and no infraction.

But here i am, a bloke that always supports the game, pushes it to everybody who loves racing, i join in here in a good spirited nature, i dont spend my time here attacking others but i get some sort of an infraction for this, is that the way to treat grown adults who spend their money on this game when he could have just said something in the blog, i just dont get this place sometimes.

I realise the mods have a hard time here, they cop plenty, its a thankless job but why alienate and lose the respect of forum members by treating lovers of the game and adults like this, its just so disappointing, i know your just defending your fellow mod Remco, i respect that, id do the same but i feel like i should leave the forum because if you can get an infraction for that it wont be long before i say some minor thing and i'll be banned for good.

If that happened id have to just put down the game i love because of the PC forum, if that happened id be shattered, its probably better to leave than have that happen.

Ive tried to be nothing but respectful to everybody here since ive came, probably sold 30 copies of your game here through recommending it to friends, its my favourite game ever, its amazing how that feeling can be eroded by the flick of a finger from mods here.

Cheers and thanks mate and SMS.

I think you're blowing this out of proportion a bit. Guy posts something out of line, he gets infracted and that should be the end of it. No need for you to react, as it will probably not contribute anything to the forum. You reply anyway with an unneeded sneer, and you get infracted, too. Might have been a warning maybe, but the fact remains that your reply wasn't necessary.

I know the urge is big to reply to such a thing, but still it's being moderated as any other posting irrespective of how understandable it is to need to reply. It's about keeping the forum a decent place. How much you love the game or how much you promoted the game is not relevant, it's about keeping the forum tidy and decent.

Now please let's move one, too much time and effort have already been spent on this.

Umer Ahmad
19-02-2016, 13:48

An infraction? really?

sent you PM. (had to walk my son to school, just got back home)

The infraction was for the "butthurt 13 year girl old" comment. Tough to let that slide, and yes some worse things have been said and slipped by on this forum but this one caught my attention today. We moderators are not robots, we will not catch all rude language but we try our best to keep it civil around here.

bradleyland
19-02-2016, 14:54
No need to get all tribal over your platform choices fellas :)

What's to be said about requesting a patch for XBone performance issues? XBone hardware is slightly less capable than PS4 hardware. That is a fact, but it doesn't invalidate the OP's request. He's inquiring as to whether SMS intends to adjust game parameters to address performance. That's not an unreasonable question. Although I am a little confused about the tie in to lap times. AFAIK, they're the same game, so there should be no difference in lap time.

On the PC side of things, if you don't have a super-powerful GPU setup, you turn down graphics options like AA and AF so that you get an acceptable, stable framerate. On consoles, some of the graphics settings are adjustable (which is somewhat unique to pCARS, interestingly enough), but some of it is hard coded. For example, you can't adjust anti-aliasing settings on PS4 (I don't have an XBone, so I don't know if it's possible on that console). If framerates are inconsistent on XBone, SMS could reduce AA or AF a bit to improve framerates.

Of course, this is the kind of thing that is very difficult to get right. Sensitivity to framerate varies from person to person. Personally, I'm fine down to around 30 fps. I'm just not all that sensitive to low framerates. It gives the game a "film" feel, which I don't mind.

To the OP, I'd recommend that you try disabling some visual FX. Start by turning everything off, then enable options until you see a performance drop. Maybe someone else has insight in to which visual FX affect performance the most. That should help improve your framerate.

Umer Ahmad
19-02-2016, 15:43
some decent advice here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28540-Having-Problems-with-Project-Cars-This-MAY-help!)

forza_maniac
27-02-2016, 09:46
lol haha.Most of the games running and looking worse on PS4.The AF issue and 1080p killing the consolesperformance most of the time.What have you been smoking out there?

BigDad
03-03-2016, 13:04
Come down here to Oz, people will be saying it to you all day long lol ;)

I'm in Australia and haven't said that or had it said to me ever , lol , are you from Tasmania ? lol .

Psychomatrix
03-03-2016, 14:56
The only way out for microsoft is a new console in 2017. Maybe I switch to ps4 when attractive bundle with dirt rally or arsetto corsa is then available. But I don't sell my xbox because I have lot of content for one and 360. But the performance difference in racing games really hurts. Or I switch to pc. Because ps4 is not that much stronger than the xbox one.
I really disappointed that the replays have such a worse draw distance on xbox. Can't imagine that this is fixable. I looks not nice when you that cars switch from low detail in high detail mode. But all in all im not unhappy with pcars even on xbox.
First I will wait and see how ar.etto corsa will perform on xbox. If 900p or 1080p is not that important. More the detail level and framerate.

BigDad
04-03-2016, 12:47
PSVR !
BOOM!

Salty Dog
04-03-2016, 14:25
I'm in Australia and haven't said that or had it said to me ever , lol , are you from Tasmania ? lol .

LOL im in Sydney, played League and union most of my life, ive heard it maybe 10000 times, id hear it 5 times a day at training alone, where are you living?

Give yourself an uppercut is standard fair where im from, are you sure your Australian lol ?

GrimeyDog
04-03-2016, 15:14
I have PS4 and XB1... I ca Run the same times on both systems with the V2 wheel using same FFB Tweek just Different Game Master FFB Values.... Matter of Fact i have a few times that are fater on XB1 than they are with PS4.... the Biggest difference is the Graphics and Button Mapping that gives PS4 the edge over XB1. JMO

BigDad
04-03-2016, 23:00
LOL im in Sydney, played League and union most of my life, ive heard it maybe 10000 times, id hear it 5 times a day at training alone, where are you living?

Give yourself an uppercut is standard fair where im from, are you sure your Australian lol ?

Born n bread in Manly, 40yrs. So yeah I'm sure I'm Aussie.
Surfed and skated my whole life.
Go have a Hottie (cone).
So probably different circles.

KkDrummer
07-03-2016, 09:31
I hope this comes out before PCars2 so SMS can use the extra power: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-boss-clarifies-console-hardware-upgrade-comme/1100-6435381/

nissan4ever
07-03-2016, 09:38
I hope this comes out before PCars2 so SMS can use the extra power: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-boss-clarifies-console-hardware-upgrade-comme/1100-6435381/

Not on Xbox One. But perhaps future consoles.

KkDrummer
07-03-2016, 11:29

no,no....this IS for the Xbox ONe...It will not have you opening your console...but hardware upgrades are coming for this Xbox gen.

nissan4ever
07-03-2016, 16:31
no,no....this IS for the Xbox ONe...It will not have you opening your console...but hardware upgrades are coming for this Xbox gen.

The only thing I see happening to Xbox One is software updates. Like a DX13 update possibly (whenever that comes out. DX12 just got released. So we talking years!). That won't happen before PCars2 (which is being built around DX12 instead of Project CARS DX11). There won't be no hardware upgrades for Xbox One.

STEELJOCKEY
07-03-2016, 21:36

That's how I read it, not for Xbox one. It is a sealed system and not designed to be upgradeable for the life of this current console system.

Froggystomper
11-03-2016, 11:37
My own interpretation (and it's just my own view) is that MS are considering applying the mobile phone model to console. Releasing hardware iterations that are all compatible with one another and games will scale (similar to PC or mobile games) depending on which version of the console you have.

rtazz17
11-03-2016, 15:58
Better off just building a gaming pc....

Dan77 DESTROYER
14-03-2016, 08:34
Better off just building a gaming pc....

Something I am seriously considering at the moment, want to try out iracing and also Pcars will be better on pc.

the_monk
14-03-2016, 19:50
PSVR !
BOOM!

yeah it will BOOm for sure lol, flop i mean ;-)

BigDad
22-03-2016, 13:15
yeah it will BOOm for sure lol, flop i mean ;-)
umm , HoloLens , lol
F
L
O
P

Raven403
23-03-2016, 17:54
Something I am seriously considering at the moment, want to try out iracing and also Pcars will be better on pc.

Do it.

It makes no sense to stay tethered to a console anymore. PC gaming has become so affordable in comparison Ill never go back. My Xbone has been collecting Dust since I went full time PC.

PS-iRacing isn't worth it to me but its a matter of personal opinion. Pcars is way better on PC yes.

beetes_juice
23-03-2016, 19:56
Do it Dan!!!

Best gaming decision I made was going this route.

You will not be disappointed.

junmisugi
09-04-2016, 17:23
I hesitate to buy Project Cars GOTY on Xbox One. Aliasing has been reduced since last year ?

Salty Dog
10-04-2016, 01:54
I hesitate to buy Project Cars GOTY on Xbox One. Aliasing has been reduced since last year ?

Tell you what looks and plays very well on XBOX from all reports and what ive seen, thats the just released DIRT rally, the XBOX crowd seems to be raving about it, i picked it up a few days ago, outstanding game, pick it up if you get a chance,

cheers

the_monk
10-04-2016, 21:47
Tell you what looks and plays very well on XBOX from all reports and what ive seen, thats the just released DIRT rally, the XBOX crowd seems to be raving about it, i picked it up a few days ago, outstanding game, pick it up if you get a chance,

cheers

dirt rally looks awesome compare to project cars, both are sims racers i dunno how code master pulled it out with the xbox one, looks fantastic i guess they have some talented coders in their team there ;-)

Plato99
11-04-2016, 16:33
dirt rally looks awesome compare to project cars, both are sims racers i dunno how code master pulled it out with the xbox one, looks fantastic i guess they have some talented coders in their team there ;-)

Must have sacked the "Grid Autosport" lot then. That title made pCars' bug list look irrelevant !!!

the_monk
05-07-2016, 09:30
project cars goty is on sale on xbxo1 store, thinking of getting it again & getting back to the game, i had sold my disc copy 5 months back & totally got into forza6, lets see time to decide.

speedmeister
10-03-2017, 14:07
I'm glad I held onto mine. Had almost ended up selling it after playing the launch version but my God have they improved it. More consistent performance and handles like a dream.

Really itching to get the $30 season pass or whatever they call it.

BSDShoes
10-03-2017, 23:37
I play PS4 and XB1 (and PC) versions too, PS4 can play with no FPS issues at high settings (PC-like) but XB1 stutters so I had to turn off specific settings and it still spikes. Apparently the Xbox One S helps performance, I'm waiting for the Scorpio myself to replace the original Xbox One.

speedmeister
14-03-2017, 11:53
I play PS4 and XB1 (and PC) versions too, PS4 can play with no FPS issues at high settings (PC-like) but XB1 stutters so I had to turn off specific settings and it still spikes. Apparently the Xbox One S helps performance, I'm waiting for the Scorpio myself to replace the original Xbox One.

You referred to "high settings, PC-like"; what settings are you referring to? Didn't know you could tinker with visual settings in DR on consoles.

I play DR on my XB1 and it's smooth as silk. Very rarely will it stutter and even then, it's like a micro screen pause, kind of like the ones you'd see in FM5 occasionally.