PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 24hr invitational : PS4 crashed with 5 hrs to go ( sigh)

DNF61
15-02-2016, 15:06
Got my 1st invitation to run the 24 Hrs in career mode. Chose the Toyota TS040 LMP1. Started last ( 30th) just for grins. By sun-up I was up to 4th overall and was closing in on the 3rd place car. This is a blast, especially the real-time transitions from day to night to day. Recommend you try it if you get the invite. BUT...with about 5 hours to go, the PS4 crashed. Most frustrating. I have only had maybe 5 or so PS4 crashes since I bought the game when it first came out. Oh well.

havocc
15-02-2016, 16:14
That's why i don't do endurance races, i tend to enrage quite easily and if something like that should happen to me i could easily throw my pc wheel and monitor out of the window...

jhonatas
15-02-2016, 16:51
This weekend I went to the 25 hours of Green Hell, reduce the time for a full two hours, on the last lap, missing 1:45 I missed a curve and left the track (wasting time) and was disqualified for cutting corners .

kevin kirk
15-02-2016, 17:16
For xbox one I havnt had a race totally crash and not been able to finish it. I have had the random studdering and the one second freeze then the race carried on to the finish as normal. I just turned damage off to prevent getting damage during the freeze, turn the penalties off to avoid any head ache of that and just took into consideration that I am trying to run a long race with a console pushed to the absolute limits. Its pretty much a giving that I'm going to have issues. I don't even get mad at it anymore.

DreamsKnight
15-02-2016, 18:42
Got my 1st invitation to run the 24 Hrs in career mode. Chose the Toyota TS040 LMP1. Started last ( 30th) just for grins. By sun-up I was up to 4th overall and was closing in on the 3rd place car. This is a blast, especially the real-time transitions from day to night to day. Recommend you try it if you get the invite. BUT...with about 5 hours to go, the PS4 crashed. Most frustrating. I have only had maybe 5 or so PS4 crashes since I bought the game when it first came out. Oh well.

be happy. it was one of my best gaming experience, and you can do again. :D

DNF61
15-02-2016, 18:47
Oh, I will !

rev happy
15-02-2016, 20:40
Yeah, I had the same thing happened (PS4) on the final lap after two hours. I was leading too, but I can't stay mad for long as I enjoy the game so much.

rotorrian
16-02-2016, 03:14
Had the same thing on Green Hell 12 hour GT3 Race.

2hr race. 20 mins to go then. Robot sounds and crash !

Grrrrrrrr!

Yeah, I had the same thing happened (PS4) on the final lap after two hours. I was leading too, but I can't stay mad for long as I enjoy the game so much.

kevin kirk
16-02-2016, 04:29
is the game crashing and not letting you finish the race or is it the 2 second freeze then returns to normal and lets you finish the race?

rotorrian
16-02-2016, 06:54
Crash, Dead, Report to Sony etc.

is the game crashing and not letting you finish the race or is it the 2 second freeze then returns to normal and lets you finish the race?

DNF61
17-02-2016, 16:54
Same for me . Freezes , then crash, then "opportunity" to fill in a report to Sony about the crash. I have never, ever seen this "2 second freeze then returns to normal and lets you finish the race" that kevin kirk asked about ; all the ( admittedly few in number) freezes I have had turn into crashes, no matter what race, track or car.

kevin kirk
17-02-2016, 17:02
Crash, Dead, Report to Sony etc.....so I guess I really cant be that mad at the xbox 2 second freeze then.

AngelBrow
17-02-2016, 17:12
....so I guess I really cant be that mad at the xbox 2 second freeze then.

Could just be the xbox framerate drops to 0,5FPS ;)

PS4 doesnt have that issue.

Pisshead30
19-02-2016, 12:19
I personally wouldn't even attempt to do an endurance race because the instability of project cars,9 patches and it still freezing never had any issues before patch 3.0,used to freeze in career mode now its doing it in quick race too. Such a shame cos I love doing long races but unfortunately what could've been the best racing game ever on console has just been a frustrating disappointment for me

rotorrian
19-02-2016, 13:16
I finished the 12 hour today......

But not with an issue.

About 75% distance on it started to rain. I jumped in the pits with a 20 second lead and switched to wets.

Due to the horrible weather and also being at 'Green Hell' at dawn I thought I needed some extra grip so I changed to wets and dropped the tyre pressure 0.20 bar (thinking too much like a real race car I think )

The result was 8 place and 2 spins and red hot tyres It was full wet track. you could see the sheen and the wipers were going.

Luckily it went away thanks to time progression so it only cost me 1 lap on my 2 hour race.

I managed to fight my way back to 2nd...... but it should have been 1st. :(