PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Classic 9.0 still broken...

Pages : [1] 2

Boskapongen
15-02-2016, 19:35
Sorry SMS, track still broke, just on twitch, i was there to but got disconnected 3 times on 8 minutes, then it all crashed.
As you can see, same as before, all in slowmotion in pits, then crash.

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 19:42
I've reported this to the developers. Thanks for the report.

BigDad
16-02-2016, 01:40
WTF . This is still an issue .
When did this DLC come out ? I'm yet to have a race around Silverstone Classic .

Mascot
16-02-2016, 09:26
This is extremely disappointing after having confirmation that it was fixed in today's patch notes.
I don't understand how it's not picked up during testing?

Photonmonkey
16-02-2016, 10:41
This is extremely disappointing after having confirmation that it was fixed in today's patch notes.

Mascot, I am impressed with your control ;) I know this is a big gripe of yours and yet you are as calm as a proverbial cucumber after finding out the fix isnt working, I wish a lot of other folk on here were as respectful :)

On another note did you ever work out the cloud banding issues that we both experienced when night racing. I eventually realised it was all to do with my black level setting on my Sammy, I think you also mentioned you had a Samsung so wondering if it's the same for you. I had my PS4 on full RGB and my TV on 'low' for HDMI black level, once I changed it to 'normal' no more dodgy clouds :)

Sankyo
16-02-2016, 10:46
Because there's only 2 or 3 devs with a PS4. So if it's due to the number of people, number of pit boxes or certain pitboxes assigned, they'll probably not see it.

Bealdor
16-02-2016, 10:50
Because there's only 2 or 3 devs with a PS4. So if it's due to the number of people, number of pit boxes or certain pitboxes assigned, they'll probably not see it.

To add to that, those issues have to be repro'd on a dev kit, not on a customer console.

Boskapongen
16-02-2016, 10:53

Only 2-3 devs on PS4? Thats sounds not so smart if you look at sales per platform:

PC : 6%
XB1 : 31%
PS4 : 63%

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/20922/project-cars-sales-ps4-leading-console-platform-with-63-sales-xbox-one-accounts-for-31/

Mascot
16-02-2016, 11:00

To add to that, those issues have to be repro'd on a dev kit, not on a customer console.

Please let Bruno know that there are a bunch of us with PS4s who are still willing to continue testing these issues under different conditions if it helps ID the problem.
:)

Boskapongen
16-02-2016, 11:07
Please let Bruno know that there are a bunch of us with PS4s who are still willing to continue testing these issues under different conditions if it helps ID the problem.

We can also try again tonight, if it let us stay connected until race starts.....

Mascot
17-02-2016, 08:44
Here's some videos of the post-patch 9 Silverstone Classic pit bug from last night's session. I'll add more as I receive them.

To the mods/devs: I don't think you'll reproduce this bug with just 2 or 3 of you in a MP race. I spent several hours last night trying to reproduce it with just two other racers and it wouldn't happen. We then abandoned the 'testing' phase and just invited our usual crew in (I think we had 10 humans + 4 AI) and ran a 'normal' ten-lap race with 15 mins quali, and the bug affected around half of the human payers as soon as they pitted. You'll need to take part in a well-populated MP race to see it for yourselves, I think. If you can't get into a public lobby (Joe Public tends to shy away from Silverstone Classic because of this issue) then you are welcome to join us one night if you want to run some detailed tests first-hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--WNcixYx28&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgy4ELz5vFw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4PL7FQC-U&feature=youtu.be

Here's a video from my PoV of the entire 15 min qualifying session, including the full pre-race menus and settings. I enter/exit the pits several times and 'return to pit box' many times with no issues (eg around 4:45). At around 10:45 I return to the pit box and monitor the other players, cycling through them several times where you can see a few of them are affected by the pit bug. Some of them have glitched displays, some have slo-mo/unresponsive controls, some of them have vibrating cars etc etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEnVEuvdRZA

Anyway, hope this all helps, and many thanks to the rest of our group of racers for patiently contributing to something we all knew would turn into a flustercluck of crashed consoles. :)

(At least there didn't seem to be any mass disconnections...)

Bealdor
17-02-2016, 08:50
Thanks Mascot. Forwarded your post to the devs.

could_do_better
17-02-2016, 09:16
First video:
Mascot is the host and in the 1st pit spot where there is clearly a problem with hitting the pit wall entering the slot, note also the large amount of particles created due to the crash on entering the pit slot. Out of the ordinary for pitting at other tracks so could have as yet undiscovered side effects.

Marrrfooo
17-02-2016, 09:26
Sorry I'm late posting these:
https://youtu.be/jpT7gIBtzkQ
https://youtu.be/SLZdy9dScTc
So here are the two videos. The first starts right from just after lobby entry (where I start mentioning the FPS drop in the previous mini-session we did) and goes right the way through the full race up to around lap 6 when I pitted and it all goes down from there. I also added the following 1min clip that shows me in the car still in the garage after the stop looking left and right to better demonstrate the FPS drop and non-responsiveness of it all under that FPS drop. Strangely buttons were working but if you pressed them in time with the FPS jumps then the game registered no button press and instead I had to press/hold buttons to get them to work (you can see me looking left and right, and changing the Motec screen by using this method). However it's interesting that 'X' (change view - for me) was not working at all on the wheel. Holding it down like I did with look and Motec brought no result whatsoever (a bug within a bug perhaps). I didn't get to try the button input with the controller as that had turned itself off at that time and I was more focused on trying to get the most footage out of the appearance of the bug itself.

For my own part there was no setup established for the pit strategy so when I entered and immediately closed the mini-box it was referring to the default (soft) tyres and probably going to fill the car with fuel as I didn't set a strategy before the race as we went straight into a race without practice/qualifying. Coincidentally you can see that pressing the CLOSE option in the mini-box also changes my view one stage (because change view is mapped to 'X'). But other than changing the view back to in-car I make no inputs whatsoever once the AI has control of the car in the pitlane. As I've never entered the pits on Silverstone Classic before I not only completely missed the pits entry I also didn't realise the car would be under human control that far down the lane - hence me slamming the wall at the end rather comically.

Once all of that happened and the car refused to leave the pits (which my mic audio attests to) then I played around with the buttons to see what was working (discovering X didn't seem to work at all) and then quit. But once I pressed Exit to exit session the game basically hung and I had to force-close the application from the PS menu's. Also note that going back to the PS main menu/tiles when I was having the pit problems to save the video presented zero FPS slowdown - so it was clearly the game/application not the entire system that was stuttering.

Hope it's of use. :)

Bruno Alexandre
17-02-2016, 09:27
Here's some videos of the post-patch 9 Silverstone Classic pit bug from last night's session. I'll add more as I receive them.

To the mods/devs: I don't think you'll reproduce this bug with just 2 or 3 of you in a MP race. I spent several hours last night trying to reproduce it with just two other racers and it wouldn't happen. We then abandoned the 'testing' phase and just invited our usual crew in (I think we had 10 humans + 4 AI) and ran a 'normal' ten-lap race with 15 mins quali, and the bug affected around half of the human payers as soon as they pitted. You'll need to take part in a well-populated MP race to see it for yourselves, I think. If you can't get into a public lobby (Joe Public tends to shy away from Silverstone Classic because of this issue) then you are welcome to join us one night if you want to run some detailed tests first-hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--WNcixYx28&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgy4ELz5vFw&feature=youtu.be

Here's a video from my PoV of the entire 15 min qualifying session, including the full pre-race menus and settings. I enter/exit the pits several times and 'return to pit box' many times with no issues (eg around 4:45). At around 10:45 I return to the pit box and monitor the other players, cycling through them several times where you can see a few of them are affected by the pit bug. Some of them have glitched displays, some have slo-mo/unresponsive controls, some of them have vibrating cars etc etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEnVEuvdRZA

Anyway, hope this all helps, and many thanks to the rest of our group of racers for patiently contributing to something we all knew would turn into a flustercluck of crashed consoles. :)

(At least there didn't seem to be any mass disconnections...)

Thank you for the videos, i had a feeling it would be something like this thou i wouldn't be counting on the AI to pit in even with the slot occupied, it should just shoot off the pits. But i believe that when you pitted in you triggered all the other odd behaviours as all the other cars were waiting for you to leave the pits.

Mascot
17-02-2016, 10:37
Thank you for the videos, i had a feeling it would be something like this thou i wouldn't be counting on the AI to pit in even with the slot occupied, it should just shoot off the pits. But i believe that when you pitted in you triggered all the other odd behaviours as all the other cars were waiting for you to leave the pits.

Not sure what you mean by this, Bruno. When I returned to the pit box and stayed there (around 10:45 in the video) it was in response to other players saying that they were already encountering the bug. I simply wanted to monitor them so I could catch it on video. How did this 'trigger all the other odd behavior'? It had already happened. I think I must have misunderstood what you meant?

Gary29
17-02-2016, 11:04
As I've never entered the pits on Silverstone Classic before I not only completely missed the pits entry I also didn't realise the car would be under human control that far down the lane - hence me slamming the wall at the end rather comically.

Haha at least I wasn't the only one.

Did anyone who managed to 'cleanly' enter the pits have the same issue? Martin's video doesn't show him actually entering the pit lane as far as I can see?

If we do this test again, I'll make sure I enter cleanly (so to speak)

BigDad
17-02-2016, 11:47
Nice work getting all that recorded Mascot , hopefully that will help this bug get squashed once and for all .

Mascot
17-02-2016, 12:18
Nice work getting all that recorded Mascot , hopefully that will help this bug get squashed once and for all .

Don't thank me, thank the bunch of misfits and goat-botherers that I race with. Only one of those videos was mine. :)

BigDad
17-02-2016, 12:40
For putting it together and posting it then . Cheers

Bruno Alexandre
17-02-2016, 15:02
Not sure what you mean by this, Bruno. When I returned to the pit box and stayed there (around 10:45 in the video) it was in response to other players saying that they were already encountering the bug. I simply wanted to monitor them so I could catch it on video. How did this 'trigger all the other odd behavior'? It had already happened. I think I must have misunderstood what you meant?

This video is the key: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--WN...ature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--WNcixYx28&feature=youtu.be)

I didn't see anyone else stuck in the pits up to the point where you pitted in, so i can't take in consideration anything that happened before that.
What i can do is observe what happened when you did:
1- Pit slot was occupied but the other vehicles left on time so yours could get in
2- Warning message triggered and remained open for a long period, so there might be a logic issue here
3- The guy who pitted behind you was able to stop and leave while you were doing maintenance, but you never end up being released
4- All the vehicles from this point onward pit in and get stuck after the clear off from the pitcrew member

This makes me believe that none of the vehicles left the pit because they were waiting for your car to leave.
Back when we repro'ed the issue for the first time we were having similar scenario, car wouldn't pit in for some reason as if the slot was occupied, then we returned to pitbox and selected drive, at this point the vehicle would leave the garage and then forced into the pit-slot as if the request was pending but never got out.

Anyway, we'll be looking into it a bit further, there's definitely something odd going on here.

Mascot
17-02-2016, 15:14
This video is the key: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--WN...ature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--WNcixYx28&feature=youtu.be)

I didn't see anyone else stuck in the pits up to the point where you pitted in, so i can't take in consideration anything that happened before that.
1- Pit slot was occupied but the other vehicles left on time so yours could get in
2- Warning message triggered and remained open for a long period, so there might be a logic issue here
3- The guy who pitted behind you was able to stop and leave while you were doing maintenance, but you never end up being released
4- All the vehicles from this point onward pit in and get stuck after the clear off from the pitcrew member

This makes me believe that none of the vehicles left the pit because they were waiting for your car to leave.
Back when we repro'ed the issue for the first time we were having similar scenario, car wouldn't pit in for some reason as if the slot was occupied, then we returned to pitbox and selected drive, at this point the vehicle would leave the garage and then forced into the pit-slot as if the request was pending but never got out.

Anyway, we'll be looking into it a bit further, there's definitely something odd going on here.

Aha, I know where the confusion lies now. That's not my video, it was captured by forum member Gary29 (PSN GazGTiR23), one of our members. If you look in the bottom left you can see I'm ahead of Gary in 8th place.

(Edit: after looking closer it's actually me in the Ruf R-GT8 vacating the pit slot just ahead of Gary.)

Gaz, if you're watching - can you remember whether you were the first person in the group to get the bug in this particular race when this video was shot? I think this was in a race we did with no qualifying, just straight to the race, but with one mandatory pit stop.

Gary29
17-02-2016, 16:27
Aha, I know where the confusion lies now. That's not my video, it was captured by forum member Gary29 (PSN GazGTiR23), one of our members. If you look in the bottom left you can see I'm ahead of Gary in 8th place.

(Edit: after looking closer it's actually me in the Ruf R-GT8 vacating the pit slot just ahead of Gary.)

Gaz, if you're watching - can you remember whether you were the first person in the group to get the bug in this particular race when this video was shot? I think this was in a race we did with no qualifying, just straight to the race, but with one mandatory pit stop.

I think I could well have been the first affected yes. Someone else (not sure who) was complaining very shortly afterwards about the same thing, but I think I was first.

Upon entering the pits I didn't even get an option to select a pit strategy, just a message than my pit box was currently occupied, maybe it should've forced me to just drive through the pits in that scenario?

Bruno Alexandre
18-02-2016, 10:01
Yeah, i reckon that's where the problem is and the method to trigger it.

Mascot
18-02-2016, 10:43
Yeah, i reckon that's where the problem is and the method to trigger it.

Are you now able to replicate the issue at will, Bruno? I know that's always the first step to finding a solution.

On a related topic (and while we have your attention :)) it would be fantastic if a toggle was introduced for MP lobbies to randomise the pre-race grid positions. Players would then have the option to go straight into a fair (randomised, but fair) race without a qualifying session (and hence, no need to visit the pits and encounter the bug). As things stand the grid positions are always in the order that people joined the lobby if qualifying is skipped, with the host always in pole position. Regardless of the pit bug, an option to randomise the grid would be a fantastic addition for players in private lobbies who just want to get to a quick race (eg at the end of a night) without all the time-consuming preamble of qualifying.

Pcars99
20-02-2016, 08:12
Played solo and yes pitstops still broken.

Pcars99
20-02-2016, 08:16

With mine I had pit occupied. I did another lap then pitted with no other cars in the pits. Then I got the slowmo thing and I couldn't leave the pits.

Bruno Alexandre
26-02-2016, 09:45
With mine I had pit occupied. I did another lap then pitted with no other cars in the pits. Then I got the slowmo thing and I couldn't leave the pits.

Yes it's similar to what we used to do before, we would enter a pit which was occupied and the AI would slingshot to the pit exit (sometimes it would stop suddenly) and if we tried to return to pits (via pause menu or by entering the pits again) the issue would happen. I still do not have much more feedback to give you guys but i'll try to say something from time to time.

Mascot
26-02-2016, 12:22
Yes it's similar to what we used to do before, we would enter a pit which was occupied and the AI would slingshot to the pit exit (sometimes it would stop suddenly) and if we tried to return to pits (via pause menu or by entering the pits again) the issue would happen. I still do not have much more feedback to give you guys but i'll try to say something from time to time.

Thanks Bruno. If the issue cannot be solved in pCARS 1 (and we really, really hope it can) then, as mentioned above, what are the chances of having a 'randomise grid position' option introduced in multiplayer races (just like the one available for solo play)? This would mean we could race this track fairly (instead of the host always being in pole position) without having to qualify and therefore avoiding the problematic interaction with the pits.

I think this would be a good option to have for any track actually - it would really make quick races a lot fairer to set up.

Mascot
08-03-2016, 09:32
Just wondering about progress with this - any news, Bruno?

Also, try this as it might be a potential source of (or related to) the problem: start a SP race at Silverstone Classic then shortly after the green light pause the race and restart. Do this several times (maybe ten times?) and eventually you get the same slow-motion low framerate bug that you get when using the pits. It's almost as if memory is not getting cleared and is getting overloaded or something by all the restarts. The game seems to bog down as if it's running multiple sessions.

Anyway, it might be related or it might not, but I came across it by accident while pausing & restarting races to make adjustments.

Bruno Alexandre
08-03-2016, 09:39
Nothing new yet, there's some ideas but with too much risk involved so we're still analysing what can be done. I'll check on that restart suggestion, thank you.

Mascot
08-03-2016, 09:40
Thanks for the quick response Bruno - let me know if you need me (or others) to run any more tests.

Fre.Mo
08-03-2016, 10:07
Thanks for the answer even if there is nothing new.
To bad, I bought the DLCs for the new tracks for multiplayer mode and not for the new cars...

Mascot
08-03-2016, 10:36
Thanks for the answer even if there is nothing new.
To bad, I bought the DLCs for the new tracks for multiplayer mode and not for the new cars...

It is a real shame, because Silverstone Classic could be a superb MP racing circuit. At the moment it is still useable, but you have to avoid the qualifying session and go straight to the race (which means setting the car up pre-race is out of the question), and make sure that you never have to pit (which means damage off, tyre wear off, and no fuel pit strategy etc). And of course, by skipping qualifying the grid positions are in the order that people joined the lobby with the host always in pole position.

A 'randomise grid' option for MP would be a huge help for situations like this (or just for quick races, to be honest). There's one for SP so I don't quite understand why the same option isn't there for MP.

Anyway, here's hoping the devs can do something to solve it.

Fre.Mo
08-03-2016, 10:41
It is a real shame, because Silverstone Classic could be a superb MP racing circuit. At the moment it is still useable, but you have to avoid the qualifying session and go straight to the race (which means setting the car up pre-race is out of the question), and make sure that you never have to pit (which means damage off, tyre wear off, and no fuel pit strategy etc). And of course, by skipping qualifying the grid positions are in the order that people joined the lobby with the host always in pole position.

A 'randomise grid' option for MP would be a huge help for situations like this (or just for quick races, to be honest). There's one for SP so I don't quite understand why the same option isn't there for MP.

Anyway, here's hoping the devs can do something to solve it.

This track is really amazing. It s a pity not to drive on this track.
Does it work for a practice session, no qualif and the race? We could thus record the grid position after the practice, jump to race and do a first warmup lap with repositionning the driver grid in the good order and then a rolling start at the starting line?

Bruno Alexandre
08-03-2016, 10:46
Just wondering about progress with this - any news, Bruno?

Also, try this as it might be a potential source of (or related to) the problem: start a SP race at Silverstone Classic then shortly after the green light pause the race and restart. Do this several times (maybe ten times?) and eventually you get the same slow-motion low framerate bug that you get when using the pits. It's almost as if memory is not getting cleared and is getting overloaded or something by all the restarts. The game seems to bog down as if it's running multiple sessions.

Anyway, it might be related or it might not, but I came across it by accident while pausing & restarting races to make adjustments.

Been trying to repro that SP slowdown you've picked up but no luck yet, i might be misunderstand the steps you're taking. Is it:

1- Boot the game
2- Start the race at Silverstone Classic with AI
3- Once green light is up press Options followed by selecting Restart Session
4- Repeat from step 3

Mascot
08-03-2016, 11:01
Been trying to repro that SP slowdown you've picked up but no luck yet, i might be misunderstand the steps you're taking. Is it:

1- Boot the game
4- Repeat from step 3

From memory, yes. I normally run max grid size and was driving for a few seconds (between 10-20?) before restarting the session. 4 weather slots of varying cloud cover (no rain), accelerated ToD, AI on 100, GT3 class (I was in the Ruf R-GT8 GT3).

Try those settings?

Bruno Alexandre
08-03-2016, 11:42
From memory, yes. I normally run max grid size and was driving for a few seconds (between 10-20?) before restarting the session. 4 weather slots of varying cloud cover (no rain), accelerated ToD, AI on 100, GT3 class (I was in the Ruf R-GT8 GT3).

Try those settings?

Nah no luck, can you record a video of it please from the moment you start the race up until the issue begins ? There might be something else you're doing without noticing which is the trigger.

BigDad
08-03-2016, 13:23
Thanks Bruno. If the issue cannot be solved in pCARS 1 (and we really, really hope it can) then, as mentioned above, what are the chances of having a 'randomise grid position' option introduced in multiplayer races (just like the one available for solo play)? This would mean we could race this track fairly (instead of the host always being in pole position) without having to qualify and therefore avoiding the problematic interaction with the pits.

I think this would be a good option to have for any track actually - it would really make quick races a lot fairer to set up.
If it cant be fix what about (hate to say it) a refund ?
The product is not functioning as required .
How would a refund work ? As the rest of the DLC works and i would like to be able to keep the cars and tracks that function correctly .
What is the protocol ? Anyone who purchased this DLC get a working replacement track ? lol .

Mascot
08-03-2016, 13:27
Nah no luck, can you record a video of it please from the moment you start the race up until the issue begins ? There might be something else you're doing without noticing which is the trigger.

Will do. Leave it with me.

Now about that suggestion for a randomised MP grid... :confused:

Bruno Alexandre
09-03-2016, 09:13
Will do. Leave it with me.

Now about that suggestion for a randomised MP grid... :confused:

Thanks man, send me a PM with it.

Mascot
09-03-2016, 09:24
Thanks man, send me a PM with it.

Will do. I totally forgot about it last night (got bogged down in tweaking and re-tweaking my helmet cam options) and I'm away tonight, but should hopefully be able to get something to you by the end of the week.

In the meantime if anyone else here can run a similar test then that can only help to get this great track fixed. :)

Sankyo
09-03-2016, 11:49
If it cant be fix what about (hate to say it) a refund ?
The product is not functioning as required .
How would a refund work ? As the rest of the DLC works and i would like to be able to keep the cars and tracks that function correctly .
What is the protocol ? Anyone who purchased this DLC get a working replacement track ? lol .
Only 'returning' the track of course won't work. A refund would have to be requested where you bought it, so PSN I guess in your case.

Mascot
10-03-2016, 08:56
I couldn't replicate the restart bug at Silverstone Classic at all last night, Bruno - even after several hours. I tried all sorts of combinations, instant restarts before the race had started, after half a lap, after several laps, after full races, with different weather/ToD, restarting 20+ times in a single race... Lets hope the issue I reported was a very rare anomaly (it's happened to me only twice). I'll keep trying and will post a video if and when I can replicate it, but since nobody else has reported something similar it might be rare enough to ignore. The slowdown was just like the pit bug though, which was what led me to think they might be related and it could have been of use in resolving the pits.

Oh well... :)

Fre.Mo
10-03-2016, 12:24
I couldn't replicate the restart bug at Silverstone Classic at all last night, Bruno - even after several hours. I tried all sorts of combinations, instant restarts before the race had started, after half a lap, after several laps, after full races, with different weather/ToD, restarting 20+ times in a single race... Lets hope the issue I reported was a very rare anomaly (it's happened to me only twice). I'll keep trying and will post a video if and when I can replicate it, but since nobody else has reported something similar it might be rare enough to ignore. The slowdown was just like the pit bug though, which was what led me to think they might be related and it could have been of use in resolving the pits.

did you try to replicate the issue in multiplayer or single player mode?

Mascot
10-03-2016, 12:29
did you try to replicate the issue in multiplayer or single player mode?

SP, which is where I first encountered it.

Fre.Mo
10-03-2016, 14:40
SP, which is where I first encountered it.

Isn t it more easy to find a way to replicate this issue on multiplayer to help the devs?

Mascot
10-03-2016, 14:48
I don't know if it even happens in MP. And starting/ending/restarting races in MP is quite convoluted and slow. You might even need to invite everyone back in again.

Edit: this isn't the pit problem we are discussing, it's a similar slowdown/lag/crash issue I encountered by restarting the same race several times during testing.

Mascot
11-03-2016, 07:32
I had the restart bug happen a few times last night and grabbed a video of it. It locks the console to a black screen so it's hard getting long footage. Weirdly, when this happens, hitting the PS button then going back to the game 'unlocks' it after a lengthy delay with black screen.
You'll see that (in this instance - not always) when restarting the cars get dropped off-track at the start, there's long periods of black screens, and the framerate is reduced (look at the waving flags in the background).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YLh3Ta6xeU

Anyway, hope it helps. I *might* also have a 12-min video leading up to the first crash if you think that might help, but didn't have time to upload it.

Fre.Mo
11-03-2016, 08:54
I had the restart bug happen a few times last night and grabbed a video of it. It locks the console to a black screen so it's hard getting long footage. Weirdly, when this happens, hitting the PS button then going back to the game 'unlocks' it after a lengthy delay with black screen.
You'll see that (in this instance - not always) when restarting the cars get dropped off-track at the start, there's long periods of black screens, and the framerate is reduced (look at the waving flags in the background).

Anyway, hope it helps. I *might* also have a 12-min video leading up to the first crash if you think that might help, but didn't have time to upload it.

you found it, well done.
Why are there some cars outside of the track, on the left hand side?

Bruno Alexandre
11-03-2016, 08:57

Welcome to the world of bug tracking, one minute it's there the other it's gone :p
Could you tell me how long the console was running last night before the issue appeared and was it always playing pCARS?

Mascot
11-03-2016, 09:48
Could you tell me how long the console was running last night before the issue appeared and was it always playing pCARS?

I'd say it was only about half an hour or so. I was only playing pCARS, and only driving Silverstone Classic in GT3 class (Ruf R-GT8). I *think* I ran about 4 or 5 laps of an 8-lap SP race then did a few restarts (not many, maybe half a dozen?). Hard to remember exactly. I did have this bug happen two or three times though.

Vic Flange
11-03-2016, 12:17

1- Boot the game
4- Repeat from step 3

I have had this same issue. I only race in solo mode and predominantly in the Lotus 49 so spend a lot of time upside down. :)

I have had this restart problem many times.

Mascot
11-03-2016, 13:30
I have had this same issue. I only race in solo mode and predominantly in the Lotus 49 so spend a lot of time upside down. :)

I have had this restart problem many times.

On tracks other than Silverstone Classic?

Vic Flange
11-03-2016, 17:15
On tracks other than Silverstone Classic?

No. Only ever on Silverstone Classic.

Mascot
11-03-2016, 18:46
No. Only ever on Silverstone Classic.

If it happens again can you please capture a video clip and post it here for Bruno?

Vic Flange
11-03-2016, 19:52
If it happens again can you please capture a video clip and post it here for Bruno?

Never done that before but I shall give it a go.

Mascot
11-03-2016, 20:17
Never done that before but I shall give it a go.

Nice one. The more info SMS get, the better chance they have to fix it. :)

scottm18
15-03-2016, 00:59
have you been experiencing what i have been experiencing on classic silverstone.

frame rate drops to a game killing pace. and the time freezes. people can still chat and the menu is very slow to respond.

my screen goes black if i wait long enough and i can still hear the background noise.

heres some vids of this problem:
https://youtu.be/HEdr-6NuD8Q

https://youtu.be/n6eUFGQzMhw

you may have to skip to the end of the videos.

Bealdor
15-03-2016, 06:59
have you been experiencing what i have been experiencing on classic silverstone.

frame rate drops to a game killing pace. and the time freezes. people can still chat and the menu is very slow to respond.

my screen goes black if i wait long enough and i can still hear the background noise.

heres some vids of this problem:
https://youtu.be/HEdr-6NuD8Q

https://youtu.be/n6eUFGQzMhw

you may have to skip to the end of the videos.

Post moved to bug specific thread.

Mascot
15-03-2016, 08:34
Had the restart bug a few more times the other night. Same symptoms as last time. Also the pit stop problem.

Is there any chance of introducing random grids in multiplayer?

Fre.Mo
15-03-2016, 09:16
Is there any chance of introducing random grids in multiplayer?

Indeed it has been asked a long time ago for the whole tracks. I hope this issue with Silverstone Classics will accelerate its implementation in the game.
But, I'm never lucky in random processes... So I wish it can be fixed.

Waiting for the fix, what about doing a first warmup lap with repositioning the drivers grid in another order than "host first" (established from a previous practice session for instance) and then a rolling start at the starting line (but no penalties for anticipated start)?
It s a pity we can't race on this fabulous track.

Fre.Mo
15-03-2016, 21:46
There is also a bug on the Rouen les essarts track with the Corvette.
Qualif during 30 min. At the race lunch, some cars were on the roof inside the pit and I was located near the first 180° corner and could not move at all, with no hud.

Schnizz58
15-03-2016, 22:23
That may be true but you'd think SQA would be full of them.

Mascot
16-03-2016, 12:03
There is also a bug on the Rouen les essarts track with the Corvette.
Qualif during 30 min. At the race lunch, some cars were on the roof inside the pit and I was located near the first 180° corner and could not move at all, with no hud.

Ouch! Did you grab any images or video?

Fre.Mo
16-03-2016, 13:02
Ouch! Did you grab any images or video?

no, 1)I don't have a share button on the T500 and 2) I don't like filling the hard drive with videos and captures...

Mascot
16-03-2016, 13:39
no, 1)I don't have a share button on the T500 and 2) I don't like filling the hard drive with videos and captures...

1. neither do I, I just lean across and press it on the DS4 controller ;)
2. neither do I, that's why I delete them after uploading to YouTube ;)

Vic Flange
17-03-2016, 21:45
Finally got it to happen again.
Here is the full video of the session. The crash is in the last two minutes or so. There is a graphical glitch before the game slows to a crawl and then completely freezes.
Whilst I was faffing around uploading the video the game at some point started running again properly without me closing it.
I was sat on the grid alone, I revved the car normally and set off. So it isn't a terminal crash.

http://youtu.be/IzLlpPVW_5g

Vic Flange
18-03-2016, 22:48
230106Just had a blue screen crash on Silverstone Classic. First time that has happened.

BoereJack
21-03-2016, 15:51
so what's the news on this track????

as i am racing on Silverstone Classic this fryday in our historic f1 72d leaguea

Mascot
21-03-2016, 16:29
so what's the news on this track????

as i am racing on Silverstone Classic this fryday in our historic f1 72d leaguea

Don't use the pits and don't restart too often and you might be fine.

Oh, and avoid qualifying. Go straight to the race.

Mascot
22-03-2016, 09:16
Hi Bruno - did the last hope of fix die with patch 10, or are you still trying to resolve it?

If it is too hard to resolve then pleeeeeeeease give us the option to randomise multiplayer grids.

Hammerpgh
22-03-2016, 20:55
This is such a shame as the track is superb. Was due to race this one in a classic series this Saturday as the final race but no way we can use it with all these problems still so apparent. I love pCars but it amazes me that a paid for dlc can be released in this state. I tested it and found the problem the first time I went into the pits so don't understand how it didn't get picked up in testing.

Schnizz58
22-03-2016, 20:57
This is such a shame as the track is superb. Was due to race this one in a classic series this Saturday as the final race but no way we can use it with all these problems still so apparent. I love pCars but it amazes me that a paid for dlc can be released in this state. I tested it and found the problem the first time I went into the pits so don't understand how it didn't get picked up in testing.
Because

Platform: XBOX1

Fre.Mo
23-03-2016, 14:07
Is the Silverstone Classic issue specific to PS4 platform?

Schnizz58
23-03-2016, 14:22
Is the Silverstone Classic specific to PS4 platform?
No it was in one of the DLC packs a few months ago.

Mascot
23-03-2016, 14:37
No it was in one of the DLC packs a few months ago.

I'm pretty sure Fre.Mo is referring to the pit problem and whether it is platform-specific, not whether the track was released on all formats.

Any further news on this, Bruno? A few of us spent quite a lot of time gathering data and videos to assist in finding a solution so with no mention of it in the patch 10 release notes a quick update would be very much appreciated. It's an awesome track that is currently going to waste, and that's ignoring the fact that we had to pay extra for it.

Schnizz58
23-03-2016, 14:38
You're right, my apologies....still absorbing caffeine into my system this morning while a blizzard rages outside.

Fre.Mo
23-03-2016, 15:04
I'm pretty sure Fre.Mo is referring to the pit problem and whether it is platform-specific, not whether the track was released on all formats.

Any further news on this, Bruno? A few of us spent quite a lot of time gathering data and videos to assist in finding a solution so with no mention of it in the patch 10 release notes a quick update would be very much appreciated. It's an awesome track that is currently going to waste, and that's ignoring the fact that we had to pay extra for it.

Correct, I was talking about the Silverstone Classic issue, sorry for the missing word.
So is there also such problem on other PC and XBOX platforms?

nono782
16-04-2016, 12:58
PC here. Still not working. I can join qualif but when the race starts it blocks the game.
No setup saved, it was a race with forced setup.
Is anyone able to play this track ?

Fre.Mo
17-04-2016, 19:02
SMS, are you still working on this Silverstone Classic issue?

BigDad
18-04-2016, 10:12
There are a few things that let this game down , DLC that was bought and payed for that doesn't work properly and the fan going crazy in tune screens . They both definitely need attention but I'm afraid SMS have given up on the game and will just have one more ca$h grab with the GOTY edition and leave . These things have been around for long enough to be fixed if they were going to be . I guess leaving us with a DLC track we cant use is exceptable .

Sankyo
18-04-2016, 10:15
There are a few things that let this game down , DLC that was bought and payed for that doesn't work properly and the fan going crazy in tune screens . They both definitely need attention but I'm afraid SMS have given up on the game and will just have one more ca$h grab with the GOTY edition and leave . These things have been around for long enough to be fixed if they were going to be . I guess leaving us with a DLC track we cant use is exceptable .
Please drop the cash grab insinuations. All DLC has been priced very decently. The other part is that making video games is business so that the devs can feed their families.

SMS has not given up on the game, but they can only fix what they can reproduce, and what doesn't have a high risk of breaking the game. For the rest they have to move on at a certain point, in order to stay in business. Making games is not charity.

BoereJack
19-04-2016, 15:45
remco, waarom wordt deie dlc dan verkocht als het wel opnieuw te reproduceren is?

cluck
19-04-2016, 15:57
remco, waarom wordt deie dlc dan verkocht als het wel opnieuw te reproduceren is?Please stick to English on this forum. If you cannot translate your post yourself, pass it through Google Translate :).

remco why that dlc is then sold it again to reproduce?

I don't quite know what you're asking?

Sankyo
19-04-2016, 17:01
remco, waarom wordt deie dlc dan verkocht als het wel opnieuw te reproduceren is?
The DLC is still sold because the track can still be used offline. It's very unfortunate that this bug is eluding the devs like this, but lots of people will still play it offline so no real reason to remove that DLC. Plus, it may get solved one day.

pavano
20-04-2016, 19:19
Today I had a bug on Silverstone Classic OFFLINE (first time I tried Silverstone classic).
Was doing a quick race weekend with the corvette vs. AI
after I qualified on pole, race should start, but I'm stuck in the pit box.
Race won't start.
Even simulating session or skip to end of session wouldn't work.
really strange.

Is this a documented bug?

Mascot
20-04-2016, 21:52
Yep, that's happened to me too.

I have a feeling this bug won't be fixed in pCARS1.

Psychomatrix
21-04-2016, 11:05
The track didnt work offline since I bought that dlc and some one here reported that months ago!! It's interesting to read that the offline issue is unknown. Only what work is time trial. Races are sometimes playable and sometimes not.

pavano
21-04-2016, 11:10
The track didnt work offline since I bought that dlc and some one here reported that months ago!! It's interesting to read that the offline issue is unknown. Only what work is time trial. Races are sometimes playable and sometimes not.

that's too bad

probably won't be fixed...

jack1984
22-04-2016, 10:28
Please drop the cash grab insinuations. All DLC has been priced very decently. The other part is that making video games is business so that the devs can feed their families.

SMS has not given up on the game, but they can only fix what they can reproduce, and what doesn't have a high risk of breaking the game. For the rest they have to move on at a certain point, in order to stay in business. Making games is not charity.

The first rule to stay in business is not sell broken DLC which is online and even offline buggy, regardless the price.

BigDad
22-04-2016, 13:02

I'm not sure that i ever said anything about charity ? As a matter of fact i paid full RRP for the game and purchased all DLC at full ( decently or not, is not the point !) price , all i ask is that it works as intended .
If it can't be fixed maybe they should say so and maybe remove that said DLC from purchase or at least have some small print to state that it may or may not work and to purchase at own risk of disappointment .

Chap904
27-04-2016, 19:23
well monza short has been broken since launch....

https://youtu.be/JoNOhKVskoY

slif
06-05-2016, 14:06

I have been chewing over your comment for a few weeks, and I cant believe you would make a public statement like that.:mad:
I have brought all your DLC because I thought I was supporting a company that was run by the people for the people, but your statement is like giving us all the finger, so thanks for clarifying how you view your user base.

What you are indirectly suggesting is that;
BUYING GAMES FROM SMS IS CHARITY.
I might start a thread with that as a title, and keep bumping it.

If (as previuosly stated) the PS4 is your largest user base, why wouldnt you want to fix it? Shurely, its just bad press otherwise.
Do you focus on the PC version because the user base is automative companies perhaps?

I suppose at the end of day, you stole the code from SIMBIN, removed their DLC and added you own DLC. So the reason it works on a PC is because all you lot did was port it to the consoles.:yes:

The funny thing is, I moved away from the PC versions of GTR, Race etc because I presumed the console version would be MORE stable.

Is there a statement on you website that specifies which operating systems you are prepared to support?

Feed their families??!! Aww. Boo hoo hoo. I don't care if it's mean. It no excuse to letting everyone else around get killed along the way!

Roger Prynne
06-05-2016, 14:19
That's enough now slif, I realize your not happy with the game but try and word your posts in a better manner or you might find yourself removed.

maxx69
06-05-2016, 15:14
Can someone please say if this track is going to get a fix ? Our race community enjoy the vintage cars to race and would like to race them on all the classic tracks .
Silverstone classic is an amazing track if only it worked for multi-player.
I find as a whole the rest of the game is working to a pretty satisfactory point , a few invisible blocks , steering bugs etc but the disconnection side of things is way better now on PS4 .

Fre.Mo
08-05-2016, 16:43
No patch this month. Is the bug correction work stopped?

Sankyo
09-05-2016, 19:23
No, if the devs can reproduce bugs and fix them without risk, they will.

Fre.Mo
10-05-2016, 06:12
No, if the devs can reproduce bugs and fix them without risk, they will.

Yes I known the argument of reproducing the bug, but I don t understand why devs do not succeed to reproduce it since it is as simple as getting into the pit on mp session on ps4.

BoereJack
10-05-2016, 13:24
Yes I known the argument of reproducing the bug, but I don t understand why devs do not succeed to reproduce it since it is as simple as getting into the pit on mp session on ps4.

this

Tomcul
10-05-2016, 14:13
Doesn't need to be mp session it happens all the time on this track off or online..

pavano
10-05-2016, 15:32
Doesn't need to be mp session it happens all the time on this track off or online..

unfortunately, it is also true for offline... happened to me too

maxx69
14-05-2016, 13:13
Again ....is there any hope that this classic silverstone track is getting a fix ?
Is there anyone who can answer this ?
It's an amazing venue, but bloody pointless if you can't race there.
There has to be someone who can say if it's at least getting looked at , right ?
I'm not looking for the old " you got free cars, so stop moaning" answer .
This was a paid for dlc that hasn't worked since day one .
Every patch since I live in hope , but never a mention.
Please, can we get a sensible answer from someone in the know?

BigAlex
16-05-2016, 18:17
I'll second that!! There is no excuse for not fixing it.

degobiol001
19-05-2016, 08:55
+1

With some friends of mine, we wanted to use this track in our championship. But with these conditions, it's impossible.
We paid for every DLCs and we don't have something correct for this price (original game : 49,99€, 14 DLCs paid from 3 to 5 €). Not fair from SMS.

maxx69
14-06-2016, 16:16
Is there anyone out there ?
Are there any more patches planned or have you just given up now ?
I suppose fixing anything else , is like flogging a dead horse , no more money to be made from DLC , so just forget about the broken bits of this game and concentrate on getting us to part with more money on your next project .
Unbelievable that this has been ignored , I can't make a door for somebody that won't ever open and still expect to get paid ....this is bit of a joke , hideous respect for the consumer
Oh sorry did that sound negative ?

BigAlex
14-06-2016, 18:57
Is there anyone out there ?
Are there any more patches planned or have you just given up now ?
I suppose fixing anything else , is like flogging a dead horse , no more money to be made from DLC , so just forget about the broken bits of this game and concentrate on getting us to part with more money on your next project .
Unbelievable that this has been ignored , I can't make a door for somebody that won't ever open and still expect to get paid ....this is bit of a joke , hideous respect for the consumer
Oh sorry did that sound negative ?

If there's one thing customers don't stand is lack of respect!

BoereJack
15-06-2016, 10:49
the never ending story.....sms please end this limbo for us......either yes we are fixing it or no we can't.....

Mascot
29-06-2016, 08:46
Can a developer please confirm whether a fix for the Silverstone Classic pit bug is still being worked on, or whether work has now been abandoned? A few of us did a lot of work to help the dev team identify and replicate the problem so I think an official response would be very much appreciated. Apart from the common courtesy of a reply, this is paid DLC that unfortunately, due to untested and unresolved bugs, cannot be used as originally intended. Silverstone Classic a fantastic track and it is a great shame that its use is being severely restricted in this way.

Many thanks.

BoereJack
29-06-2016, 10:52
is it too much to ask after more then eight month's of waiting for a fix to just anwser our simple question:

can we expect a fix or did you give up(to us it looks like seven month's ago) fixing it?

Goresh
29-06-2016, 10:58
Silence speaks volumes, though I hope I'm wrong, come on SMS. This track is a gem and needs to be right!

Bruno Alexandre
29-06-2016, 11:12
Can a developer please confirm whether a fix for the Silverstone Classic pit bug is still being worked on, or whether work has now been abandoned? A few of us did a lot of work to help the dev team identify and replicate the problem so I think an official response would be very much appreciated. Apart from the common courtesy of a reply, this is paid DLC that unfortunately, due to untested and unresolved bugs, cannot be used as originally intended. Silverstone Classic a fantastic track and it is a great shame that its use is being severely restricted in this way.

Many thanks.

It hasn't been forgotten, the support ticket is still open and we're constantly with an eye on any similar reports which might give us a better lead on why this is happening or what could be causing it.
We even compared this track with several others in terms of setup and we simply cannot see any visible reason for this to be happening.

When there's some breakthrough or valuable information we can give on this subject we will alert everyone.

pavano
29-06-2016, 11:40
It hasn't been forgotten, the support ticket is still open and we're constantly with an eye on any similar reports which might give us a better lead on why this is happening or what could be causing it.
We even compared this track with several others in terms of setup and we simply cannot see any visible reason for this to be happening.

When there's some breakthrough or valuable information we can give on this subject we will alert everyone.

thanks for this insight!
And it's not that uncommon that whatever it's causing it is elusive.
But at least you haven't given up on it!

That's great!
Thanks again!

Mascot
29-06-2016, 12:45

Thanks Bruno. Good to hear it's not forgotten, but worrying to hear that the reason is still unknown. I'd hate the same bug to creep into pCARS 2.

Goresh
29-06-2016, 15:20
Thanks for the reply Bruno.

Bruno Alexandre
29-06-2016, 17:07
Thanks Bruno. Good to hear it's not forgotten, but worrying to hear that the reason is still unknown. I'd hate the same bug to creep into pCARS 2.

There's new debugging methods and tech (read tools) available on pC2 which should aid us (QA) a bit more into finding/analysing this kind of issue, so if we stumble upon it on pC2 and we can fix it, you guys will be the first to know.

Mascot
30-06-2016, 07:46
There's new debugging methods and tech (read tools) available on pC2 which should aid us (QA) a bit more into finding/analysing this kind of issue, so if we stumble upon it on pC2 and we can fix it, you guys will be the first to know.

Good stuff! Those same tools don't work with PC1 code then?

BoereJack
30-06-2016, 12:36
oke tnx for the update.... even though it is not looking very positive that it will be resolved

degobiol001
22-07-2016, 08:12
Around one month since the last news about this track. Will it be usable some day or not ?
I love this track, but it's curently not possible to use it, everybody crash every time we try. What's wrong with it ? Why just this track ? Is there the same issue with other plateforms (PC, XBOX) ? WE WANT IT FIXED. PC2 can wait, finish the first job first...

Konan
22-07-2016, 08:15
Around one month since the last news about this track. Will it be usable some day or not ?
I love this track, but it's curently not possible to use it, everybody crash every time we try. What's wrong with it ? Why just this track ? Is there the same issue with other plateforms (PC, XBOX) ? WE WANT IT FIXED. PC2 can wait, finish the first job first...

Did you read posts #112 and #116 at all?

Mascot
22-07-2016, 08:21
Is Silverstone Classic intended to be in pCARS 2?

I know pCARS 2 info is locked down tighter than the Crown Jewels (which seems daft to me, as most non-WMD people seem to be losing interest and drifting away) but it'd be nice to know if we'll get a chance to enjoy this track at some point in the future.

degobiol001
23-07-2016, 09:10
Did you read posts #112 and #116 at all?

I read all the posts about this subject, all i saw is "wait and see", but all i understand is "we fixed a lot of bug till there was DLC to sell". I feel really angry, PC is an excellent simulation, and all you can say is "we didn't forget", "we will debug it", how old is this track in the game ? How do you want to be trusted with evasive answers like that ? You got a new tool ? good when will you start to use it ? More than a month to find the big bug, this tool doesn't seem to be efficient...

Konan
23-07-2016, 09:22
I read all the posts about this subject, all i saw is "wait and see", but all i understand is "we fixed a lot of bug till there was DLC to sell". I feel really angry, PC is an excellent simulation, and all you can say is "we didn't forget", "we will debug it", how old is this track in the game ? How do you want to be trusted with evasive answers like that ? You got a new tool ? good when will you start to use it ? More than a month to find the big bug, this tool doesn't seem to be efficient...

A bit unfair imo...
Bugfixes are still ongoing despite no more DLC...which was put out so cheaply it didn't even cover the costs...so accusing SMS for being money hungry is uncalled for...
I'm sure SMS is as frustrated not finding the solution than everyone is waiting for it...

Simracer29
23-07-2016, 10:54
But project cars with dlc cost the same as call of duty with dlc €120

Konan
23-07-2016, 11:07
But project cars with dlc cost the same as call of duty with dlc €120

Since i don't know anything about the quantity of COD DLC i won't argue your point...
MY point is: we got a heck of a lot for our money and from what I've heard a heck of a lot more than other games provide...
(Not even talking about the GOTY)
Anyway,the real issue here is that the support is still ungoing despite (probably) no more DLC...

Simracer29
23-07-2016, 11:13
My point is that all ps4 games generally cost 120 with dlc so saying we got cheap dlc is not accurate let's hope the fix comes soon

Konan
23-07-2016, 11:22
My point is that all ps4 games generally cost 120 with dlc so saying we got cheap dlc is not accurate let's hope the fix comes soon

I've never payed 120 for a game (even with DLC) besides Pcars as of yet though...
The quantity and quality of DLC differs a lot from game to game yet the overall price seems to be the same so i guess everyone has to figure out for themselves to buy it or not...so back to my point:Pcars DLC imo was worth every cent...because of the sheer quantity/price alone...
Enough off topic from me...
I do hope the fix will come soon too...:cool:

Simracer29
23-07-2016, 11:32
Totally agreed it was worth every penny and more imo, but it wasn't givin at a cheaper price like you said, then we can get into the fact that some of it doesn't work..
That's way off topic though!

Konan
23-07-2016, 11:36
Looking at the title it actually isn't..:cool:

Simracer29
23-07-2016, 11:44
You got me there!!
Let's hope a fix can still come.

Mascot
24-07-2016, 06:57
I've never payed 120 for a game (even with DLC) besides Pcars as of yet though...
The quantity and quality of DLC differs a lot from game to game yet the overall price seems to be the same so i guess everyone has to figure out for themselves to buy it or not...so back to my point:Pcars DLC imo was worth every cent...because of the sheer quantity/price alone...
Enough off topic from me...
I do hope the fix will come soon too...:cool:

About the bolded part: when deciding whether to buy DLC you kind of assume it will work as advertised, and if it has bugs then those bugs will be fixed within a reasonable time frame.

The problems with Silverstone Classic are immediately obvious the first time it is used in multiplayer, so it either wasn't tested in MP at all, or was released with a known game-breaking bug for which a solution wasn't known. Which was it?

It would have been a lot fairer to advertise Silverstone Classic as a single-player only track with no promise of MP being patched in. As things stand it's still being sold without any warnings about MP, and work on a solution seems to have been abandoned.

Konan
24-07-2016, 07:57
As been stated before by Bruno,they are still working on a solution...
There is no timeframe that can be put on that unfortunately but i'm sure SMS wants this issue resolved ASAP...

crowtrobot
24-07-2016, 14:54
As been stated before by Bruno,they are still working on a solution...
There is no timeframe that can be put on that unfortunately but i'm sure SMS wants this issue resolved ASAP...

Really?

Konan
24-07-2016, 14:59

I find this more reliable...

Konan
24-07-2016, 15:00

...and this...

Konan
24-07-2016, 15:07
Really?

If there aren't any fixes yet to put in a patch said patch won't be planned yet...

Schnizz58
24-07-2016, 16:49
...and in particular this...

Mascot
24-07-2016, 18:05
Call me a cynic but I really don't think that fixing Silverstone Classic makes the top thousand list of SMS priorities right now.

Schnizz58
24-07-2016, 18:16
Call me a cynic but I really don't think that fixing Silverstone Classic makes the top thousand list of SMS priorities right now.
Exactly. And to pretend otherwise is to spread false hope.

Sankyo
24-07-2016, 18:59
No patches planned doesn't mean they won't issue one when they happen to solve a major issue. Also, on PC smaller patches can be issued through Steam without official announcements I can imagine.

Schnizz58
24-07-2016, 20:11
No patches planned doesn't mean they won't issue one when they happen to solve a major issue.
Agreed but they aren't going to just stumble across a major issue.

Mascot
25-07-2016, 07:34
Is Silverstone Classic planned for pCARS 2? It'll be a crying shame if this broken version in pCARS is the only one we get to 'enjoy'. There's a truly superb racetrack hidden beneath all the bugs.

Goresh
25-07-2016, 10:39
I agree with Mascot, a track I loved so much in Test Drive Ferrari, I was over the moon to see it in PCars. Shame it ended up less than it was in TDF. Fingers are crossed for a solution still.

Fre.Mo
25-07-2016, 12:36
I really don't understand the SMS's way of working; we paid for this track and it does not work!
From my experience, if I deliver to my boss a work that is not good, he makes me correct it and even restart from the basis. Why don't they do this? The "we can't reproduce it, so we can't fix it" and "we are working on it" arguments really make me feel they laugh at us. It is really sad since I love this game.

BigAlex
26-07-2016, 16:07
Pretty much agree. This game is very amateurish in many aspects.

Roger Prynne
26-07-2016, 16:52
^ Can you elaborate more.

Goresh
28-07-2016, 09:53
^ Can you elaborate more.

Come on Roger the thread will just get locked if you encourage the trolls. Its been a reasonable voicing of concerns so far, lets not get side tracked.

Roger Prynne
31-07-2016, 18:53
^ CalledIt

Banned for 7 rejoin accounts :mad:

maxx69
02-08-2016, 10:55
No fix still ?
Loved this game , even with many , many bugs it's been the best racing game on console....so far ....and that's an SMS issue , with other great sim racing games heading to console such as Assetto Corsa , many will move over .
Even GT sport is looking more promising .
Customer relations with SMS has been terrible , with any words of criticism or complaints, ending in a ban or infractions .
I cannot understand why this dlc was released for sale broken . I mean come on SMS you must have at least played a multi-player game before releasing ?
I will probably buy the next game (though many won't ) but will wait till the cheap, fixed version is released .
Great game but very poor relationship with the very people that you hope to go and buy PC2 .
I paid for this DLC in good faith and it was released with you knowing it was broken and with no intention of fixing it .
I used to race PCars with a large race forum , who now refuse to race the game , because of its bugs .
I now have a thriving race forum of my own but won't be racing PCars after the 26th of Aug .
You had a great game here SMS but you ended up destroying it with bad relations and lack of respect for your customers .

Sankyo
02-08-2016, 11:35
No fix still ?
Customer relations with SMS has been terrible , with any words of criticism or complaints, ending in a ban or infractions.
No fix because it's not clear what is causing the issue.

But please stop repeating this untrue statement that people get banned or infracted for criticism or complaints. People oblige get banned or infracted for how they criticise or complain. Rude and aggressive behaviour and language is not tolerated.

Konan
02-08-2016, 11:36
A ban has never been given for being reasonable in criticising...in fact every legitimate criticism has been replied to when possible...
It's usually those people who weren't happy with the answers and started to go off on a ranting-spree that got banned...

Well...Remco'd....:cool:

maxx69
02-08-2016, 15:26
What answers ? Nobody official has answered anything an answer would at least be a start .
Can you really blame people for ranting when nobody bothers to oblige them with any useful information .
The idea they don't know what's wrong with it is just silly , doesn't SMS bother with trying their DLC before releasing it for sale ?
Take our money and turn your back .
Just admit to yourselves SMS don't care a bit about this game as there's no more money to be made in it , they've all gone over to the next installment .
And they leave you guys holding on like little faithful lap dogs

Konan
02-08-2016, 15:37
We're all volunteers here...we choose to stay and defend the game by our own free will...not in any way are we being influenced by SMS to do so...
Maybe it's just our positive view on things?
Yes,there are bugs...yes,they are annoying (and some game breaking)..and yes,it takes a long time to resolve them...
But that by no means suggests nothing is being done...it's a well known fact that the majority of the staff moved on to Pcars2 but did SMS say everyone did? No...in fact a statement (by SMS) was made that the support ticket is still open...
Until stated otherwise that is what i will be defending...

Goresh
02-08-2016, 15:39
I resent being called a faithful lap dog, this topic has clearly run its course and the trolls are moving in.

maxx69
02-08-2016, 15:53
We're all volunteers here...we choose to stay and defend the game by our own free will...not in any way are we being influenced by SMS to do so...
Maybe it's just our positive view on things?
Yes,there are bugs...yes,they are annoying (and some game breaking)..and yes,it takes a long time to resolve them...
But that by no means suggests nothing is being done...it's a well known fact that the majority of the staff moved on to Pcars2 but did SMS say everyone did? No...in fact a statement (by SMS) was made that the support ticket is still open...
Until stated otherwise that is what i will be defending...

Lol , good on you ...tut,tut
The support ticket is still open is it haha who's working on it the lad from work experience ?
Aren't you supposed to reimburse people for selling them faulty goods ?
Same as always then no news from anyone who has any importance , just the same as always , a lot of blah , blah ,blah and woffel about nothing .....nothing changed here then .
Wish you all the best in your project cars defence work

maxx69
02-08-2016, 15:58
I resent being called a faithful lap dog, this topic has clearly run its course and the trolls are moving in.

?????? Haha .....thanks for getting involved
Great attempt at getting me an infraction 5/10 must try harder .
It's a great band wagon , jump on lol

Konan
02-08-2016, 16:00
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45044-Silverstone-Classic-9-0-still-broken&p=1291734&viewfull=1#post1291734

Seems like someone of importance to me...

Bealdor
02-08-2016, 16:03
OK that's enough now. Please stop with your disrespectful tone or take a break from the forums.
A detailed answer has been given already a few weeks ago (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45044-Silverstone-Classic-9-0-still-broken&p=1291734&viewfull=1#post1291734) and another update will only be posted when there are actually any news.

Edit: Konan'd

maxx69
02-08-2016, 16:19
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45044-Silverstone-Classic-9-0-still-broken&p=1291734&viewfull=1#post1291734

Seems like someone of importance to me...

29/06/16 .......so no news then ?

Konan
02-08-2016, 16:21
Nothing so far...

iiEJSii
02-08-2016, 16:56
This is taking the piss. Paid dlc that doesn't work. I'm not going to be one of the many people here who crawl up the Dec's ass'. As part if a community of racers, with championships, we all want to race what is a brilliant track. We paid for the dlc and it doesn't work, waste of money and disgusting treatment towards everyone who paid for it. Full refunds should be issued, we have been sold a faulty product, wake up people and realise we have all been taken for fools.

maxx69
02-08-2016, 17:07
This is taking the piss. Paid dlc that doesn't work. I'm not going to be one of the many people here who crawl up the Dec's ass'. As part if a community of racers, with championships, we all want to race what is a brilliant track. We paid for the dlc and it doesn't work, waste of money and disgusting treatment towards everyone who paid for it. Full refunds should be issued, we have been sold a faulty product, wake up people and realise we have all been taken for fools.

Amen brother

Konan
02-08-2016, 17:12

Knock it off with the swearing please...it's obvious you are discontent but there's no need to get rude...
Nice first post by the way...:rolleyes:

iiEJSii
02-08-2016, 17:19
At what point did I swear? Lol

Thanks haha. To be honest I've had enough of a broken game, I had it on xbox from day one and it was in playable, I've given it another chance on PlayStation and it's much better, but still, can't use one of the dlc we paid for which is wrong

Konan
02-08-2016, 17:34
At what point did I swear? Lol

Thanks haha. To be honest I've had enough of a broken game, I had it on xbox from day one and it was in playable, I've given it another chance on PlayStation and it's much better, but still, can't use one of the dlc we paid for which is wrong

I understand your frustration and i'm sure so do SMS...as for the disgusting treatment,can you explain?
I believe everyone has been treated according their attitude...state your frustrations in a calm and normal manor and you will be treated the same but if otherwise...(not a threat by the way)
You've been a member as long as me i see so you should know what sh*t SMS has had to swallow in the beginning, so now it's being nipped in the bud (hope that's right?) before it escalates...

Rodgerzzz
02-08-2016, 17:36
http://youtu.be/tbkOZTSvrHs

maxx69
02-08-2016, 17:52
http://youtu.be/tbkOZTSvrHs

One word ....epic :cool:

iiEJSii
02-08-2016, 18:14
Disgusting treatment in the fact the release a paid dlc that was broken, we paid for it and they still haven't fixed it. If they can't fix it, remove it from the game and refund everyone their money. It's wrong.

Konan
02-08-2016, 18:36
Disgusting treatment in the fact the release a paid dlc that was broken, we paid for it and they still haven't fixed it. If they can't fix it, remove it from the game and refund everyone their money. It's wrong.

It's never been said they can't fix it though...they can't find the problem atm but when they do it'll get fixed...that's little comforting i agree but that's what we have to work with until further notice...
As for removing that DLC from the game...heck no...losing 4 cars and 2 tracks on top of the faulty one is too big of a sacrifice to me,as i'm sure some would agree...
No idea what will happen IF SMS can't find a solution for the issue but that's up to them and only they can give a conclusive answer on that so i'm not even going to speculate...

iiEJSii
02-08-2016, 18:53
So remove it until you can identify the issue. I'm not saying take the whole dlc, just remove that broken puddle of gentleman juice and if from there it still can't be fixed then issue refunds. I'm sorry but for me they've ripped everyone who paid for the dlc off.

beetes_juice
02-08-2016, 18:57
So remove it until you can identify the issue. I'm not saying take the whole dlc, just remove that broken puddle of gentleman juice and if from there it still can't be fixed then issue refunds. I'm sorry but for me they've ripped everyone who paid for the dlc off.

Yeah, don't remove the track from the game. Know it sucks there is not a fix in yet for the pit bug but the track can still be enjoyed by others. Feel like people forget there is the entire single player side to this game and options in race setup. Past week I've been having a blast running QRW's in the historic openwheelers.

RoccoTTS
02-08-2016, 19:17
Yeah, don't remove the track from the game. Know it sucks there is not a fix in yet for the pit bug but the track can still be enjoyed by others. Feel like people forget there is the entire single player side to this game and options in race setup. Past week I've been having a blast running QRW's in the historic openwheelers.

Indeed, i only play offline so i don't have any problem with this track.
Sometimes i don't understand why people make such a fuss about such a small problem.
Asking a refund for that track only ? Really ??? Are you gonna ask a refund for 1 or 2 €/$ ????
Get over it, it's not the end of the world, there are more important things in live.

Rodgerzzz
02-08-2016, 19:24
It's never been said they can't fix it though...they can't find the problem atm but when they do it'll get fixed...that's little comforting i agree but that's what we have to work with until further notice...
As for removing that DLC from the game...heck no...losing 4 cars and 2 tracks on top of the faulty one is too big of a sacrifice to me,as i'm sure some would agree...
No idea what will happen IF SMS can't find a solution for the issue but that's up to them and only they can give a conclusive answer on that so i'm not even going to speculate...

I believe this may be an interesting read to anybody playing the "they're trying to find a solution" card... It quite clearly states that a consumer has a right to the refund of a product if it is of unsatisfactory quality, and then goes onto say a consumer is entitled to a full or partial refund for a variety of reasons, among them being if the repair takes an unreasonably long period of time and if the repair is unsuccessful or impossible.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/can-i-get-a-refund-on-a-digital-download

This took me two minutes to find on the Internet and invalidates the entire argument of "they're trying to find a fix, and if one is found they will release a patch. I didn't even buy the DLC pack with Silverstone Classic, but before you or anybody tries and talk SMS' way out of explaining why they are not providing refunds on a quite evidently faulty product please read up on basic consumer rights.

crowtrobot
02-08-2016, 19:33
Sometimes i don't understand why people make such a fuss about such a small problem.
Asking a refund for that track only ? Really ??? Are you gonna ask a refund for 1 or 2 €/$ ????
Get over it, it's not the end of the world, there are more important things in live.
Even if you only play offline, no pitstops still limits the duration of your races to one fuel stint without accidents.

True, partial refunds/removal is not a practical solution, but I think people are upset more out of principle than the money. The track was significant portion of a content package that cost extra on-top of the cost of the game, and it was released with a pretty major bug. Part of the justification of DLC is that the devs have some time after release to continue to work on the product, refine and test it, but this was a fairly obvious bug that was either not caught, or released anyway, which is understandably frustrating. Certainly not the end of the world, but I think its reasonable that people would be upset that the product they paid extra for isn't up to the standards of the rest of the content in the base game.

maxx69
02-08-2016, 19:36

Add all those couple of £s up of all those who race in multi-player races who can't enjoy it and you'll see that they made a bucket of money knowingly releasing a broken track .
I would have been happy to have bought just the cars and not bothered with tracks that don't work .
And this rubbish they didn't know it was broken .....haha really don't they have QC guys who actually try the dlc before releasing it .

beetes_juice
02-08-2016, 19:44
Add all those couple of £s up of all those who race in multi-player races who can't enjoy it and you'll see that they made a bucket of money knowingly releasing a broken track .
I would have been happy to have bought just the cars and not bothered with tracks that don't work .
And this rubbish they didn't know it was broken .....haha really don't they have QC guys who actually try the dlc before releasing it .

Again, even ppl who only race online can run the track. DMG: Visual/off. Mech Failures: Off. Tire/Fuel: Off. Obviously, not the ideal race setup for leagues but races can still be run online.

And don't get me wrong, everyone has a reason to be upset by this bug, I'm not trying to downplay the issue. I just don't get the comments of "this track is 100% unplayable, send my $0.75 back" when QRW, TT, CE, Online (with a few setting changes) etc can still be run. All we can do is report the bugs and hope SMS can plug away repo'ing for a fix.

*Silverstone Classic and Nur Combined are the ones I'm aware of. Nur Combined is fixed on pc, just need a console patched pushed out

maxx69
02-08-2016, 19:44
Silverstone isn't the only bugged track in that dlc ....all three are pretty much unplayable with regular bugged starts .

RoccoTTS
02-08-2016, 19:49

I do understand it's frustrating when it's not working like it should, but sometimes it's easier to accept the things like they are.

Schnizz58
02-08-2016, 21:08
Certainly not the end of the world, but I think its reasonable that people would be upset that the product they paid extra for isn't up to the standards of the rest of the content in the base game.
Well said crow but I think it might be just the opposite. After tolerating many bugs on release and then seeing that many of those bugs didn't get resolved, a buggy DLC pack might have pushed some folks past the tipping point.

iiEJSii
02-08-2016, 21:14
I do understand it's frustrating when it's not working like it should, but sometimes it's easier to accept the things like they are.

I'm not accepting something that's broken when I paid for it

If you went to a shop, brought a new set of dinner plates and they were broken, you'd take them back. We brought something that's broken, therefore, take it back

maxx69
03-08-2016, 00:38

If you went to a shop, brought a new set of dinner plates and they were broken, you'd take them back. We brought something that's broken, therefore, take it back

Some people would be happy with the broken plates and would just make do, eating many tiny dinners off of the shards .
It's beyond a joke people are still prepared to accept this bugged up game and DLC because they don't play online multi-player.
If you play off line then and don't have an issue why comment?
The fact of the matter is the game has many faults but on the whole is still very enjoyable.
Landmines , pit bugs , blue screen , disconnects , replays and game crashes aside it's really quite good ....it's the fact this dlc was released broken and money was taken knowing it was broken and no fixes refunds or apologies given , just some rather weak words of hope that it's being looked at .
I know they rushed the game out and with fingers crossed have tried to fix some of the issues , but selling us even more bugs was a massive no, no .
They won't release any fixes now and if they did it should have been done months ago .
I'm off to take my plates back

Goresh
03-08-2016, 02:36
Just curious, how many games have you played that have zero flaws? I ask because even some of the best games out there have major flaws. Its a reality you seem to miss I guess. As games get more complicated in design the problems we find do the same. To suggested SMS is not fixing the game because there's no money to be made in doing so is ridiculous.

Sankyo
03-08-2016, 06:53

A broken plate is not the right comparison here, rather a plate with a smudge on it. The track is still playable, though with some minor adjustments to circumvent the pit issue. Racing can still be done on it. Yes is not 100% as online racers would like it to be and a fix would be welcome, but it's not unusable-broken.

maxx69
03-08-2016, 07:07
Just curious, how many games have you played that have zero flaws? I ask because even some of the best games out there have major flaws. Its a reality you seem to miss I guess. As games get more complicated in design the problems we find do the same. To suggested SMS is not fixing the game because there's no money to be made in doing so is ridiculous.

Just recently I've revisited Drive Club and although this game was a mess at release it's now fault free after being Fixed and pretty flawless also all the dlc has been released without flaws ...I don't know why you feel it's your place to jump into a conversation that's aimed at mods and devs .
I've played a fair bit of cod ghosts in my time which is pretty much flawless , none of this is relevant to this conversation.
Reality is not something I miss nor am I ridiculous thank you very much for your argumentative and insulting remarks .
Im pretty sure the mods and devs can speak for themselves .
You are completely missing the point here and I'd rather not get drawn into a pointless argument with you , if your happy buying broken plates and eating tiny dinners that's your choice and power to you .
I run league races and have become extremely annoyed with the game ruining bugs in this game .
An earlier reply about turning off all realistic wear as not to pit is not a option , also the starts are also bugged .
Thank goodness for Assetto Corsa and GT Sport ,fingers crossed they know what they are doing and don't make the same mistakes PCars has .

RoccoTTS
03-08-2016, 07:15

Ok, where did you bought the game ? Go back there and ask for a refund. Contact SMS directly and ask them, explain your situation.
You're on a forum here, we are not going to refund your game.

Mascot
03-08-2016, 07:40
I certainly wouldn't advocate removal of the DLC but perhaps a simple note should have been added to the description outlining the current limitations due to unresolved bugs, just as a heads-up to potential purchasers.

The ticket may still be officially open on this one but I'm personally convinced that proactive work on a resolution has ceased. I think SMS have bigger fish to fry with pCARS 2 and that diverting resources to fix old DLC that possibly isn't being used much (or selling in significant numbers) is considered a false economy.

It's disappointing, but kind of understandable.

I do hope that Silverstone Classic will be in pCARS 2 though, and that it will work entirely as intended.

maxx69
03-08-2016, 08:19
Ok, where did you bought the game ? Go back there and ask for a refund. Contact SMS directly and ask them, explain your situation.
You're on a forum here, we are not going to refund your game.

He's voicing his opinion, which he has a right to do . Just because you happen to disagree with it doesn't make it void .
This is a forum here ....yes ....a place where players can raise points and hopefully get heard by the right people .
Why are people who have no problem with said DLC and game even here on this thread , other than to cause arguments and basically troll valid points ?
Brownie points ?
If you're so happy with everything maybe start another thread for people to post how much the game is great .
If the game has issues and we have problems , I'm sure SMS and the devs would like to know about it .

maxx69
03-08-2016, 08:41
A broken plate is not the right comparison here, rather a plate with a smudge on it. The track is still playable, though with some minor adjustments to circumvent the pit issue. Racing can still be done on it. Yes is not 100% as online racers would like it to be and a fix would be welcome, but it's not unusable-broken.

How about a record player that won't play certain records or you try playing it with friends round and it can only be heard by some of them .
Maybe it will still be heard but only if you take away the guitar and drums from the music ......still a song but takes the point of the song and enjoyment away

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 08:47
And now we have perfect examples of people crawling so far uo the dev's ass' you don't know which way is up.

It isn't a plate with a smudge on it, it's broken. The main points of these games, with online capability is to group uo with friends, or random and race, to build communities and have fun. You can't do that on a track that everyone wants to race together but is BROKEN. No I will not return my copy, purely because the store I brought it from aren't responsible for it being broken, sms are. It's beyond a joke, they have the money, the community and resources to take that ONE track out of the game and work on fixing it. Personally I would rather see them do that than leave it on the game when it's BROKEN! If certain people pulled their heads out of the dev's rear ends you would also see that what they've done is take our money for a broken product and have no intention or making it work. Pcars 2 will come out and this track will still be broken.

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 08:55
How about a record player that won't play certain records or you try playing it with friends round and it can only be heard by some of them .
Maybe it will still be heard but only if you take away the guitar and drums from the music ......still a song but takes the point of the song and enjoyment away

Amen brother haha

maxx69
03-08-2016, 09:00
Showing my age with that comment haha .....twas all fields in my day

maxx69
03-08-2016, 09:16
Hey do you think all these guys who are happy with the game as it is , are posting here to cause arguments ....there's a name for that , they call them trolls I think .

Bealdor
03-08-2016, 09:28
Hey do you think all these guys who are happy with the game as it is , are posting here to cause arguments ....there's a name for that , they call them trolls I think .

Enjoy your holidays from the forum. Calling other members trolls is not tolerated here.

You were warned before. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45044-Silverstone-Classic-9-0-still-broken&p=1297715&viewfull=1#post1297715)

RoccoTTS
03-08-2016, 09:30

Do you really think post like this and all your recent posts are gonna solve the problem ?
If you're gonna keep on going like this, the only result is a couple of people are getting a ban and the problem is gonna be still unsolved.

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 09:35
Maxx69 has a point though. This is for people who are unhappy with the state of the track, people who are happy with it and happy to dumb the game down to use it commenting is just causing an argument. But while we are on the subject of trolls, if your handing out bans what about konan?! Posting that link and saying if the shoe fits is basically calling him a troll. But if course, he won't be banned, because he's a moderator. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is censorship

Rodgerzzz
03-08-2016, 09:35
I find it amusing that I posted a link to basic consumer rights when it comes to refunding digital downloads and everyone ignored it for the sole reason that you cant argue against it.

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 09:38
Censorship rodgerzzz. Only see and read what they want to. They won't respond to your link because they don't have am argument to make from it, so change the subject, Bury the comment, job done.

Goresh
03-08-2016, 09:56
This is not censorship. This was a rather civil thread until a few rotten eggs decided to start pointing fingers making accusations that held no water. Like this sort of tactic was going to speed up the process. If the devs say they can't find the cause who are any of us to say they are wrong? I'm also disappointed this track is bugged but it is what it is, stomping my feet and crying I've been robbed will not fix it.

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 10:01
It is censorship, someone posts something that isn't agreed with and he's then banned. I'm not saying they're wrong, but who actually know if they're working on it? YOU? I doubt it. They should be taking the track, nit the dlc, just the track, out until it is ready to be used. It's still a civil thread, but people are now saying, those people who have a different opinion to them are wrong. Just a hint. Opinions CANNOT BE INCORRECT

Konan
03-08-2016, 10:02
Maxx69 has a point though. This is for people who are unhappy with the state of the track, people who are happy with it and happy to dumb the game down to use it commenting is just causing an argument. But while we are on the subject of trolls, if your handing out bans what about konan?! Posting that link and saying if the shoe fits is basically calling him a troll. But if course, he won't be banned, because he's a moderator. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is censorship

Deleted the post... Apologees,i admit that was wrong...

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 10:06
So now what? You escape a ban? Maxx didn't actually directly call anyone a troll. He used the word, but didn't aim it, yet he wasn't able to retract it like you did if he believed he was wrong because the first thing that happened was a ban. His account should be reinstated

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 10:33
More censorship. I saw MightyDane's comment. Hus comments have since been removed nd I can't find him anywhere.

Rodgerzzz
03-08-2016, 11:44
More censorship. I saw MightyDane's comment. Hus comments have since been removed nd I can't find him anywhere.

Really surprised at that to be honest, dont think Ive ever heard of people being banned or censored for critizicing parts of this product that dont function as intended...

Roger Prynne
03-08-2016, 12:31
He was banned because it was a rejoin account after he had already been banned.
This is not allowed on this forum.

BoereJack
03-08-2016, 12:47
Well said crow but I think it might be just the opposite. After tolerating many bugs on release and then seeing that many of those bugs didn't get resolved, a buggy DLC pack might have pushed some folks past the tipping point.

for me you hit it right in the kisser.... From allmost everyone in my friendslist/racing communties i get the same respons.......i will not buy pcars2 as i am fed up with al the bugs, dispite i race it still every week(and enjoy it when bugfree.rarely...). But that is only because it has it's monopoly at the moment in sim's for console's.......And there isn't a race wich is bug free.....from starting glitches to ffb-losses to random disconnects... all thingsw that destroy the joy of leageau racing
i fell the same. i did not like the news of not beeing able to fix, but yeah you should not have released it............
Then there are the mod's.....what can i say......... it looks to(opinion) me that you all really enjoy bullying the customers with valid points(even though you don't like there way of expressing it)....And people here are not trolling here, they are fed up with the attitude towards us with valid points, who don't look at the world with pinkglasses on.

Sankyo
03-08-2016, 13:31
It is censorship, someone posts something that isn't agreed with and he's then he's banned.
If that were true, a lot more people would have been banned here, and not only those who responded to this thread in the last day. That didn't happen, so your statement is false. People get banned for how they behave, not for something that isn't praise of the devs or the game.

Mahjik
03-08-2016, 13:55
Just a warning. Keep the thread "on topic" of Silverstone Classic. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Schnizz58
03-08-2016, 15:35
The ticket may still be officially open on this one but I'm personally convinced that proactive work on a resolution has ceased. I think SMS have bigger fish to fry with pCARS 2 and that diverting resources to fix old DLC that possibly isn't being used much (or selling in significant numbers) is considered a false economy.
Absolutely. There's a difference between a ticket being open and actively pursuing a solution.

It's disappointing, but kind of understandable.
Kind of. It's still hard for me to wrap my neurons around just choosing not to fix a bug. But I guess that's how things work in the game development world.

Rodgerzzz
03-08-2016, 16:07
Just a warning. Keep the thread "on topic" of Silverstone Classic. Off-topic posts will be removed.

The guy was asking why people are getting bombed off when asking for a refund on a clearly faulty product in Silverstone Classic, it doesnt get much more on topic than that.

Roger Prynne
03-08-2016, 16:13
^ That was a general statement and not aimed at anyone in particular.

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 16:19
He was banned because it was a rejoin account after he had already been banned.
This is not allowed on this forum.

FYI. Your assumption is wrong. MightyDane and Maxx69 are different people. You banned Maxx69, for using the word troll, then, MightyDane was given a life ban, for what? Being a rejoin? WRONG new account all together. So what's just been done, is someone has been banned for using a word and not aiming it at anyone, then someone completely different was banned for absolutely no valid reason other than an INCORRECT assumption.

Well, I suppose that's a good way to censor someone with a different opinion isn't it.

How do I know they're different people? Because I speak to both of them on a daily basis, MightyDane, I've known for years and I can assure you, two very different people. Your welcome

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 16:21
If that were true, a lot more people would have been banned here, and not only those who responded to this thread in the last day. That didn't happen, so your statement is false. People get banned for how they behave, not for something that isn't praise of the devs or the game.

Apart from the fact maxx didn't call anyone inparticular a troll, he just used the word, and MightyDane spoke his opinion and got banned because someone assumed he was maxx using a new account. That's censorship. Statement correct

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 16:43

Apart from the fact maxx didn't call anyone inparticular a troll, he just used the word, and MightyDane spoke his opinion and got banned because someone assumed he was maxx using a new account. That's censorship. Statement correct

Sankyo
03-08-2016, 18:28

Let's stop the word play, okay? If someone writes: "What you're doing now is trolling" then he effectively calls that person a troll, and whether it's one particular person or a generalisation of a certain group of people is irrelevant.

Whether the two mentioned accounts are the same or not I'll look into.

iiEJSii
03-08-2016, 18:46
It's not word play, he was saying what a troll does. He was told he was banned for calling someone a troll and he didn't, never did he aim that comment at anyone.

One is from England, the other Denmark, hence the name lol

Mahjik
03-08-2016, 18:54
Ok. One more time. This is not a thread about who or why someone got banned. Moderators do NOT need to justify their actions. Keep this thread on topic. Any more derailments will result in removed posts and/or temporary bans for not abiding by the moderators.

Rodgerzzz
03-08-2016, 21:32
So... what's happening with the fix for Silverstone Classic then?

Schnizz58
03-08-2016, 21:51
The ticket's still open. It's only a matter of time.

http://www.welovewhq.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/skeleton-at-desk_1-300x295.jpg

Mahjik
03-08-2016, 22:55

There was a post from SMS on the forum a few weeks back. Essentially what was said, they do not yet understand why the issue happens with this track. They have compared this track construction to others and nothing has shown why the problem exists. If/when it's found, it will be fixed. The post also went on to mention that pCARS2 will have built-in tools for being able to diagnose problems like this easier (so it's possible that if it pops in pCARS2 development, they can find the fix and patch it into pCARS1).

Mahjik
03-08-2016, 22:58
BTW, the post is in this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45044-Silverstone-Classic-9-0-still-broken&p=1291734&viewfull=1#post1291734

Mascot
04-08-2016, 08:44
And now we have perfect examples of people crawling so far uo the dev's ass' you don't know which way is up.

It isn't a plate with a smudge on it, it's broken. The main points of these games, with online capability is to group uo with friends, or random and race, to build communities and have fun. You can't do that on a track that everyone wants to race together but is BROKEN. No I will not return my copy, purely because the store I brought it from aren't responsible for it being broken, sms are. It's beyond a joke, they have the money, the community and resources to take that ONE track out of the game and work on fixing it. Personally I would rather see them do that than leave it on the game when it's BROKEN! If certain people pulled their heads out of the dev's rear ends you would also see that what they've done is take our money for a broken product and have no intention or making it work. Pcars 2 will come out and this track will still be broken.

I have a lot of fun racing the AI on this track so I wouldn't want it completely removed, even if it was only temporary. The fix can be worked on behind the scenes while the track is still active.

Are people still submitting info to the devs about how/why/when the pit bug is encountered? A lot of energy is getting spent in this thread but not a lot of it seems productive. Rather than penning long complaints and getting into pointless squabbles with moderators, why not spend that time compiling detailed bug reports and sending them to Bruno? You never know, they might contain the key to unlocking this whole mess.

eracerhead
04-08-2016, 11:22
Are people still submitting info to the devs about how/why/when the pit bug is encountered? A lot of energy is getting spent in this thread but not a lot of it seems productive. Rather than penning long complaints and getting into pointless squabbles with moderators, why not spend that time compiling detailed bug reports and sending them to Bruno? You never know, they might contain the key to unlocking this whole mess.

Quoted For Truth: time of day, car selection, number and strength of AI, race length and weather conditions all could potentially have an impact here. There are a huge number of potential combinations that could interact in unknown ways. It was this that made WMD such a helpful concept in the game's development, as thousands of people - all with different settings - would naturally come across oddities which caused bugs. WMD ended with the game release, and DLC's had to be bug-tested in a different way, which some point out has its downsides. That's means it's doubly important to report all the above parameters to the devs here so they can replicate exactly what causes issues.

Rodgerzzz
04-08-2016, 16:39
The ticket's still open. It's only a matter of time.

http://www.welovewhq.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/skeleton-at-desk_1-300x295.jpg

Ahh as long as the ticket is still open I can finally have peace of mind, god forbid that ticket ever got conveniently pushed to one side or even worse ignored... I'll sleep easy tonight knowing this.

degobiol001
06-08-2016, 09:35
A lot of blah blah blah, but no patch since february...
Watch out guys, Assetto Corsa is coming up

maxx69
18-08-2016, 09:58
Can someone please tell me why I had a ban from this forum ?
And why mightyDane also got a permanent ban ?
This is a bit of a joke here , I have legitimate complaints about this game and have repeatedly been banned for apparently making an undirected comment about people who are here just to cause arguments .....if you have no problems why are you in this thread ?......or is it just to stir it up so people complaining or trying to find information about faults can be banned ?
I would just like to add ....after being directly accused of being a troll before my ban , I would like to know that person also had a ban .
I would like Mighty Dane have his ban lifted as he was not me under a different name and I'd like the mod 'konan' banned for apparently calling me a pri@k and a troll after you banned me and then after being confronted by a friend of mine then went back and deleted his posts .
This forum is biased towards people who add likes to mods posts (lol) and is run by mods who make there own rules up and unfairly ban users for complaining about a faulty product .
An apology from the mods who called me offensive names behind my back and then deleted the messages would be nice and maybe he should issue himself with a ban in order of fairness and the guy who called me a troll before who stoked the fire for my ban , how about a ban for him ?

maxx69
18-08-2016, 10:04
No fix because it's not clear what is causing the issue.

But please stop repeating this untrue statement that people get banned or infracted for criticism or complaints. People oblige get banned or infracted for how they criticise or complain. Rude and aggressive behaviour and language is not tolerated.

As above .....so this is only for some then and not others because you just apply the rules how ever you like ?

maxx69
18-08-2016, 10:07
Enjoy your holidays from the forum. Calling other members trolls is not tolerated here.

You were warned before. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45044-Silverstone-Classic-9-0-still-broken&p=1297715&viewfull=1#post1297715)

Goresh directly called me a troll and I was called a pri#k and a troll by konan .....so how are you going to treat them ?

Konan
18-08-2016, 10:25
Goresh directly called me a troll and I was called a pri#k and a troll by konan .....so how are you going to treat them ?

Show me where i called you that...and the only post i deleted was the one with the link to the definition of a troll and a comment underneath which i posted at the same time you were banned by another mod...
I apologised for that which is more than can be said from you ,given you had a couple of pages of time to do so...but you kept on ranting...
If the only reason you came back is to do the same i'll ban you myself,permanently,without apology...

maxx69
18-08-2016, 10:36
That's right you deleted it after being confronted by a friend .
I was here with a legitimate complaint , without ranting in the correct manner .
Now you threaten to ban me again , without as much as an apology ( you never made an apology to me )
One rule for one and another for another .
This is a thread for people to voice concerns and issues with silverstone classic not for people to come in and stir it up by saying it has no problem .
Obviously I can't show you your deleted messages as you had banned , me although screenshots were taken.
And again Mighty Dane was banned because you thought he was me coming back .....you were wrong he's someone else .
Forgive me for being annoyed ......

maxx69
18-08-2016, 10:41

So this is why I was banned ?
Why would this be any different to your definition of a troll ???

Bealdor
18-08-2016, 10:42
For the last time:

Ok. One more time. This is not a thread about who or why someone got banned. Moderators do NOT need to justify their actions. Keep this thread on topic. Any more derailments will result in removed posts and/or temporary bans for not abiding by the moderators.

If you want to complain about how this forum is moderated do it via PM.

Next time this thread will get closed.

maxx69
18-08-2016, 11:30
OK , so tell me about any news on fixing this track while I've been on a forum holiday .
I don't see anything new or messages from developers telling us what they're trying to do to resolve the issues.
I take it they're so busy trying to fix it they hadn't the time to give us any information on progress so far .
No news is sometimes a good thing , in this case it's really poor customer relations

Sankyo
18-08-2016, 11:36
OK , so tell me about any news on fixing this track while I've been on a forum holiday .
I don't see anything new or messages from developers telling us what they're trying to do to resolve the issues.
I take it they're so busy trying to fix it they hadn't the time to give us any information on progress so far .
No news is sometimes a good thing , in this case it's really poor customer relations
The devs have no obligation to keep people informed. I know that they're still chasing this, but I don't know the details.

BTW I don't think I have seen any response to the suggestion to race this track in MP without pit stops (e.g. no fuel consumption), which would make this track fully usable online.

maxx69
18-08-2016, 11:48
The devs have no obligation to keep people informed. I know that they're still chasing this, but I don't know the details.

BTW I don't think I have seen any response to the suggestion to race this track in MP without pit stops (e.g. no fuel consumption), which would make this track fully usable online.

Apparently without pit stops will obviously stop pit bugs but it in no way helps the bugged race starts .
We tend to race long races , where pit stratagems play a big role in the race .
Races without pitstops would mean turning off damage , tyre wear, fuel consumption and mechanical failure and that's just not at all sim racing .
That sort of thing is fine in drive Club but isn't suitable for a sim racing community.
Hopefully we can get some good honest answers soon from the devs

Fre.Mo
18-08-2016, 22:07
Race this track without pit stop won t change anything. As we show to the devs in a video recorded by Mascot, the bug already appears during qualif session when entering pits...
But we are talking in the wind since there is no patch since several months, this game reached the developpers' satifying point (and make more money than expected) and no further development will be implemented.

Konan
18-08-2016, 22:37
Race this track without pit stop won t change anything. As we show to the devs in a video recorded by Mascot, the bug already appears during qualif session when entering pits...
But we are talking in the wind since there is no patch since several months, this game reached the developpers' satifying point (and make more money than expected) and no further development will be implemented.

Mascot
19-08-2016, 10:06
For the last time:

If you want to complain about how this forum is moderated do it via PM.

Next time this thread will get closed.

Please do not close this thread because of off-topic bickering that has little to do with the subject in hand. This thread is a valuable resource of information, and is a useful conduit for two-way interaction between consumers and the devs during the ongoing process of trying to resolve Silverstone Classic's many issues.

Surely there must be more appropriate methods of moderating threads than threats of closure?

Mahjik
19-08-2016, 13:32
Surely there must be more appropriate methods of moderating threads than threats of closure?

And you are helping by doing the same thing? Again, no more off topic conversation in this thread please.

Mascot
19-08-2016, 13:50
And you are helping by doing the same thing? Again, no more off topic conversation in this thread please.

Mahjik, I do not appreciate this comment at all. Please read through the thread. I (along with others) have spent a lot of time and done a lot of work with Bruno in trying to identify the root cause of the Silverstone Classic problem. Please remember, this is content we bought in good faith with no prior indication that what we paid for was faulty, and one would not ordinarily expect to have to spend time trying to fix somebody else's product, especially one that you had paid money for. But we were happy to do it because it is for the betterment of the game. Your dismissive attitude gives me serious pause for thought as to whether I have been completely wasting my time.

Mahjik
19-08-2016, 14:16
Your dismissive attitude gives me serious pause for thought as to whether I have been completely wasting my time.

This has nothing to do with the thread topic nor driving to a resolution. This has to do with off-topic posts such as this one. To make things better, lead by example. Don't continue the off-topic conversation which has zero to do with solving the issue. At the end of the day, unless people are posting about solving this problem (and/or direct replication steps for SMS), it's off-topic and should not be in this thread.

Mascot
19-08-2016, 14:33
This has nothing to do with the thread topic nor driving to a resolution. This has to do with off-topic posts such as this one. To make things better, lead by example. Don't continue the off-topic conversation which has zero to do with solving the issue. At the end of the day, unless people are posting about solving this problem (and/or direct replication steps for SMS), it's off-topic and should not be in this thread.

I simply asked for the thread to stay open. I think the power might have gone to your head sir.

Sankyo
19-08-2016, 16:48
And that's how you get a thread closed. Move on now, the topic of the thread is clear, if disagreements have to be resolved, take it to PM.

VR-42
29-08-2016, 06:39
Its still not fixed!!!!!
How long does it take
Or is it true that no Pcars 1 is no longer supported

Sankyo
29-08-2016, 07:30
Its still not fixed!!!!!
How long does it take
Or is it true that no Pcars 1 is no longer supported
It is still supported for major bugs, but this bug just isn't as easy to find as others.

BrianTH
29-08-2016, 08:52
Please let us stay connected!

Mahjik
29-08-2016, 18:26

Fre.Mo
29-08-2016, 19:39
Why my post is always deleted?

The Nürburgring Combined track is also broken on PS4. This track has been quickly patched for PC but console players are still waiting...

Mahjik
29-08-2016, 21:32

The Nürburgring Combined track is also broken on PS4. This track has been quickly patched for PC but console players are still waiting...

If it's not about Silverstone which is the title of this thread, it's off-topic.

Mascot
30-08-2016, 08:14

I think we have all been wasting our time, buddy. I can't see Silverstone Classic (or Hockenheim Classic, or Nurburgring) being fixed for pCARS 1. My only hope is that they find what's been causing these issues (and everything else on the long, long list of serious issues) and do something about them for pCARS 2. My other hope is that I'm still somewhat interested in the franchise by then.

Fre.Mo
30-08-2016, 12:17
I think we have all been wasting our time, buddy. I can't see Silverstone Classic (or Hockenheim Classic, or Nurburgring) being fixed for pCARS 1. My only hope is that they find what's been causing these issues (and everything else on the long, long list of serious issues) and do something about them for pCARS 2. My other hope is that I'm still somewhat interested in the franchise by then.

It s sad, this game is truly amazing on ps4. The devs have included many of the players' expectations (button boxes, Fanatec wheels, authorization from Sony to use 3rd party apps...) and they fail to fix some dlc tracks, and it always a bug related to the pits (Silverstone classics and Nurburgring combined). PCars could stay as a reference if the game was still supported. From my point of view what makes the game interesting is the different tracks not the new cars.