PDA

View Full Version : Head Tracking Jitter with Oculus DK2 0.8

sdsusnowboards
16-02-2016, 04:51
I get jittery head tracking at all times: in menu, and in game.

I capped FPS to 75 via steam launcher, and Vsync is ON. Shadows are OFF. I'm running a single GTx970, 12gb RAM, i5 2500k. I have verified that I do not experience head tracking issues in other applications.

I only have few hours left before I must request a refund through steam. Can anyone help me solve the problem before that window passes?

stitchbob
16-02-2016, 10:21
Turn Vsync OFF.

Don't cap FPS to 75 with steam launcher.

Jonathan Newsam
16-02-2016, 11:41
you need to turn everything down to the lowest setting and try it sounds like your not hitting the 75fps required and is going down to 37.5fps.

sdsusnowboards
17-02-2016, 00:38
Hi guys, thanks for the reply. Thanks to Steam's refund policy, I had to refund the game rather than trouble-shoot it. However, to assist your future replies to similar inquiries, here are responses to your suggestions.

Turn Vsync OFF.
Don't cap FPS to 75 with steam launcher.

I tried it with out Vsync, also ensuring vsync was disabled at the gforce control panel.
Capping the FPS was something I did to trouble-shoot the problem. I had the problem before capping FPS.

you need to turn everything down to the lowest setting and try it sounds like your not hitting the 75fps required and is going down to 37.5fps.

I am certain I was hitting at least 75fps in the menus ;)

The game looks AMAZING, especially with it's varied track selection. I hope the team eventually adds acceptable Oculus support, because once it does I will purchase the game and play the heck out of it. Until then, Assetto Corsa.

beetes_juice
17-02-2016, 00:52
May want to keep the thread going and wait for a few more reply's. Good amount of members run with the rift and are very helpful.

From what Ive seen and read the rift experence in pcars is/looks awesome; besides ED, pcars was the main reason to pre-order the cv1.

Any chance you found this thread? DK2 Setup Guide. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21856-Oculus-rift-DK2-Setup-Guide&highlight=rift)