PDA

View Full Version : Any official information about GNU/Linux version of project cars?

shiba87
16-02-2016, 15:36
I know last topic about this was closed and last user who talk about GNU/Linux version of the game was banned, but still there is no official response about the lack of the GNU/Linux version of project cars the SMS sold with a big campaign around Steam OS, with official announcements, images, trailers... with a later prepurchase campaign with the steam OS logo on it.

Furthermore, Project CARS will also be coming to Valve’s Steam OS, extending an existing partnership with Steam that has already allowed tens of thousands of WMD members the ability to download and play builds of the game during its development and allow specific multiplayer and social features that are only possible using this unique platform.
Later, they change the plan and the official webpage and forum FAQ still says:

"When is Project CARS released?
Project CARS is available to buy right now! Wii U and Steam OS versions to follow later in 2015."
I know, we are in 2016 and they are already "selling" Project Cars 2 (with the same steam os campaign), so they probably don't even care about their GNU/Linux customers at all, but I think they deserve at least any official words about cancelation of this version of the game and even a refund for those who bought it.

Mad Al
16-02-2016, 17:09
If SMS decide to make an official announcement they will.

And the user was banned for his attitude, not asking the question.. but opening the same question within a couple of hours of a thread being closed as above, is asking for similar treatment..

havocc
16-02-2016, 17:56
And the user was banned for his attitude, not asking the question.. but opening the same question within a couple of hours of a thread being closed as above, is asking for similar treatment..

I think that's a record, 1st post -> ban :cool:

shiba87
16-02-2016, 18:33
There is nothing wrong with the question or topic is the question itself is not te problem right?

And you threatening another user is... ¿What?
A response no, that's obvious

Mad Al
16-02-2016, 20:05
There is nothing wrong with the question or topic is the question itself is not te problem right?

And you threatening another user is... ¿What?
A response no, that's obvious

the question was already asked (for the n'th time) and answered by MysterG, namely, if and when the devs decide to answer, you will get the answer and the thread closed for that reason.

Go read the forum rules to see why the user got banned and if you consider my initial reply was a threat, I'd suggest you report it... I was merely pointing out to you that, opening a new thread, to ask the same question, as a thread that was closed a couple of hours earlier, could be considered trolling...

I will also point out for your benefit, that

no one promised any Linux or Steam OS port, no matter what they read into any statements, any more than the Wii U port was promised.. it was something the devs would have liked to do, time, budget and resources permitting.
Steam OS was late getting released itself and is still basically a Beta..
Linux/SteamOS can still be pretty damned poor performance wise and porting to it using OpenGL, rather than waiting for Vulcan (when it comes), would not put SMS or SteamOS\Linux in a good light (SMS got blamed for the shit performance of AMD drivers in Windows, Linux tends to be worse and certainly more variable)
If Linux ever manages to become a viable desktop alternative for use as a gaming OS, I will be more than happy to use it, as I was an avid user of the stuff Loki games did 15-20 years ago.....

MysterG
16-02-2016, 20:29
As Al says, if/when the devs have anything to say on the matter they will.
Until then it is a pointless discussion which history proves (WiiU) will just end up in angry accusations from people who cannot accept that in game development things change.

Demanding answers is not the way to behave, and signing up just to call the devs liars etc.. will get you removed 1st post or not.