PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Oreca 03 Nissan and the Alpine A450, who can help?

Doge
16-02-2016, 18:00
I did some running with the LMP2 cars these days and enjoyed the open cockpit prototypes quite a lot. I usually release some baseline setups in video format when I manage to take a car to WR pace across a variety of tracks and get good balance in all of them without many changes, so I just did that for the Oreca. Here it is in case anyone wants to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq3VOMVpPBE

Now, letīs go with the important bit, the question: will the same setup really work for the Alpine too? Itīs the same car purchased and tuned by a different motorsport team, and the in-game stats reflect that perfectly. They look, behave and feel the same if you ask me, and their default tune is identical.

I like to ask before I mislead anyone, should the same setup work the same across both cars? It looked to me when I tried them as if it did work, but it might be placebo effect... probably someone like Jussi will know exactly what changes under the hood of both cars (and I mean in the game) and could give an answer. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
16-02-2016, 18:24
It's exactly the same car physics wise.

Doge
16-02-2016, 18:36
It's exactly the same car physics wise.

So itīs just like an extra livery for the Oreca... That was fast! Thanks a lot mate, glad tosee it wasnīt a placebo thing. :D

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
16-02-2016, 18:44
So itīs just like an extra livery for the Oreca... That was fast! Thanks a lot mate, glad tosee it wasnīt a placebo thing. :DWell it's pretty much like that in real life as well. =)

And no problem, happy to help since I had the information lying around anyway. =)