PDA

View Full Version : Career mode buggy after 9 patches

J4M35_R
16-02-2016, 21:32
I've been playing project cars since release and today started career mode for the first time. After 9 patches I thought it was time to give it a go after mainly just playing in free practice trying cars and tracks etc.

Tonight I have had two races come to a sudden end in the clio cup, where my car goes into the air and falls to bits. Once it happened at Oulton Park and the second at Brands Hatch. I know these problems have happened before but after 9 patches, come on sms.

Here's a vid of the Brands Hatch crash
https://youtu.be/jH2WLBO4q0c

Have I just been unlucky or is it like this all the time in career mode?

Mad Al
16-02-2016, 22:16
Are there any others reporting similar issues with the Clio on console(s)?
24 Seasons in career on PC and I've never seen that happen (and I've certainly done plenty of laps in all modes at Brands.. during development and since)

Sasquatch
16-02-2016, 22:24
Not quite as dramatic as OP, but only thing i've experienced myself... TS040 at LeMans on the Mulsanne before 1st chicane. The infamous "reset to track and brief lock to reverse gear" situation.

Did this in 8.0 too, but I was using the Oreca 03. Same spot.

JohnSchoonsBeard
17-02-2016, 06:48
Are there any others reporting similar issues with the Clio on console(s)?
24 Seasons in career on PC and I've never seen that happen (and I've certainly done plenty of laps in all modes at Brands.. during development and since)

I've had them fairly regularly. I would say every few weeks on average. The tracks and cars vary. Last one was in a single player kart at dubai kart track. The one before that was in an online race at Hockenheim Classic in the Audi R8 LMP900. Should each different incident be raised as a seperate bug report? I'm on PS4. I've just assumed the simulation of sabotage by other teams ;)

Mad Al
17-02-2016, 09:53
I've had them fairly regularly? I would say every few weeks on average. The tracks and cars vary. Last one was in a single player kart at dubai kart track. The one before that was in an online race at Hockenheim Classic in the Audi R8 LMP900. Should each different incident be raised as a seperate bug report? I'm on PS4. I've just assumed the simulation of sabotage by other teams ;)

If they appear completely randomly, then there is the usual problem of reproduction to track down what might cause it... if on the other hand you get the same issue repeatedly lap after lap in a particular car/track combo then yes report it as an issue because if it's reproducible then it should make fixes easier to find. By the sounds of things the OP has just been rather unfortunate to get it happen twice in such a short time.

JohnSchoonsBeard
17-02-2016, 16:05
If they appear completely randomly, then there is the usual problem of reproduction to track down what might cause it... if on the other hand you get the same issue repeatedly lap after lap in a particular car/track combo then yes report it as an issue because if it's reproducible then it should make fixes easier to find. By the sounds of things the OP has just been rather unfortunate to get it happen twice in such a short time.

What has been the cause of the ones that are repeatable and been fixed? Is it gaps in the track mesh or where imperfections in car or tyre models interact with those track imperfections? Just interesting to understand to see if I can repeat any.

J4M35_R
20-02-2016, 19:59
Update :- After a couple of days off i returned to finish the first race at Brands Hatch without a hitch.

Started the second race tonight and this happened :-
https://youtu.be/xFBEEYFK8rU

Thats 3 races in a row now I've had problems.

Edit After multiple attempts it does this every time, so that's end of career mode for me.

boksandbom
21-02-2016, 00:33
Update :- After a couple of days off i returned to finish the first race at Brands Hatch without a hitch.

Edit After multiple attempts it does this every time, so that's end of career mode for me.

Ps 4 same problem here. Tonigh can't complete a race on carreer, game crash 4 Times in a Row mid session, same in Time trial..
Dont wanna make a hard reset because ffb never feels so good since patch 9.

Pisshead30
21-02-2016, 12:07
I saw somewhere that when somebody installed a new hardrive and reinstalled everything they no longer had any issues with game crashes so im hoping now ive upgraded to 2tb drive itll be the same for me and I can enjoy the game like im supposed to instead of the usual frustration

Tomcul
21-02-2016, 13:25

Is your ps connected to the Internet? If it is try doing the race with the ps disconnected from the net.
I mostly race offline and have over 30 seasons done in career and never seen this happen, it's strange how some are getting bad bugs and some get only a few, there must be some explaination..

Gloomy
21-02-2016, 15:00
I've never had any of those happen to me either. I'm always connected to the Internet. It is strange that it's affecting some alot and others not at all. I've only gone through a few seasons but it's been mostly smooth for me, only the occasional loss of ffb which is usually fixed by restarting the race, usually happens if im tinkering with the feedback settings.
I have a digital version of the game on a white edition ps4, original hard drive if that helps.