PDA

View Full Version : One second freeze online

plama
17-02-2016, 11:02
So last week I had an induction night and the room was packed 24+ people if I recall. I got like atleast three 1 second freezes ingame and they happened at corners and next to other drivers which made a bad wreck and ruined the experience.
Yesterday I was at the induction night again and the first two races with around 24 people went smooth, then the 3rd race with even less people (20 I think) it happened again in the 3rd corner of the first lap with heavy traffic which caused a huge wreck again and ruined the whole race for me and some other people I crashed into. Has anyone else experienced this issue before? If so, any fix for it? It only happened on these private servers and it never happened to me before on any other server or single player

EDIT** The screen freezes but I can keep hearing the sounds

AndrexUK
17-02-2016, 12:44
Yes, had a couple of variation of this too.

The normal one (normal in that I know others also suffer from) is the mini freezes, which are usually linked to another player joining / leaving the lobby.
Screen freezes for about half a second, with the car continuing to drive with the last controller input.
I'm normally hit with this about 3 / 5 times a night (over approx 3 / 4 hours of gameplay)
I think this had been raised with Ian Bell, and he mentioned it's a limitation of how players are loaded / un-loaded from the lobby, and will not be resolved in pCars1.
Incredibly frustrating, and I couldn't possibly count how many Laps have been destroyed by this 'feature' (I don't think I want to know, as it would be very depressing!).

Other (much worse) occasions have lasted for about 5 / 6 seconds of screen freeze (blank screen), again, the last controller input continues to be applied to the car.
This has happened during a league race, where others had a micro freeze at a similar time, but mine lasted for about 6 seconds (I met with a wall, and effectively took me out of a half decent finish). No one else left the lobby at that time.
This is more rare, but I've had this happen 3 / 4 times since about patch 8.0.

Mahjik
17-02-2016, 13:09
EDIT** The screen freezes but I can keep hearing the sounds

First thing, check your Windows Event Log and make sure you aren't seeing messages like "Display driver has stopped responding".

plama
18-02-2016, 02:59

The normal one (normal in that I know others also suffer from) is the mini freezes, which are usually linked to another player joining / leaving the lobby.
Screen freezes for about half a second, with the car continuing to drive with the last controller input.
I'm normally hit with this about 3 / 5 times a night (over approx 3 / 4 hours of gameplay)
I think this had been raised with Ian Bell, and he mentioned it's a limitation of how players are loaded / un-loaded from the lobby, and will not be resolved in pCars1.
Incredibly frustrating, and I couldn't possibly count how many Laps have been destroyed by this 'feature' (I don't think I want to know, as it would be very depressing!).

Other (much worse) occasions have lasted for about 5 / 6 seconds of screen freeze (blank screen), again, the last controller input continues to be applied to the car.
This has happened during a league race, where others had a micro freeze at a similar time, but mine lasted for about 6 seconds (I met with a wall, and effectively took me out of a half decent finish). No one else left the lobby at that time.

I haven't experienced this before patch 8-9 either. I think I experienced the second one you are talking about, it was a little bit more then a second for sure. And they all happened during the induction night league races, and the room was set so nobody joined/left.Not sure if it has something to do with private servers? I never experienced this in a public lobby and I play those allot.

First thing, check your Windows Event Log and make sure you aren't seeing messages like "Display driver has stopped responding".
I checked it and it had none of these issues on the logs of those specific dates/times.

Mahjik
18-02-2016, 13:42
I checked it and it had none of these issues on the logs of those specific dates/times.

But you have those messages in your logs at all (it could indicate an issue with your display drivers in general)?

What are your system specs?

Was it the same corners every time?

plama
20-02-2016, 10:02
But you have those messages in your logs at all (it could indicate an issue with your display drivers in general)?

What are your system specs?

Was it the same corners every time?

1. Nope, the last time I had those messages was over 1.5 years ago when one of my fans on the GPU stopped working and it would overheat and turn the screen black/freeze and then a message would pop about display driver has crashed/not working). But I haven't gotten that in a long while now( Before I bought Project Cars)

2.i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr OC 2
6 GB Ram
Win 7 64 bit

3. Nope it was actually on different corners/straights on different tracks. The ones I can recall were at oulton park and at Willowsprings.

I will be going into a private server again this tuesday. I'll report if anything happens.

f1lover
20-02-2016, 11:03
I generally get the freezes when people enter or leave a server.... or even is someone is sending me a steam request.
Maybe your issues are similar?

neruxxx
28-02-2016, 04:20

ive always had this kind of stutter/lag.
1 second freeze and the car continues with the last input.
sometimes a bit worse and not always when people join/leave.
also it happened to me with different PCs, i have one with an i5/gtx 670 and other with a fx6300/ hd7850 both with ssds and 8gb ram.
bugs me a lot and i havent been able to find a solution.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
28-02-2016, 08:14
On the ps4 we get the same slowdown as someone joins the session I have just recently doubled my broadband speed and since then the time of it freezing each time someone joins session has been reduced loads and I hardly notice it now. I've never experienced the 2nd issue

NoBrakes
28-02-2016, 08:25
I used to get these freezes with some newer NVIDIA graphics drivers. The solution that helped was to completely remove the graphics drivers (I used the DDU tool (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html)) and then did a clean install of an older version from August 2015 ... I think SMS should check back with the NVIDIA guys if their newer drivers have some bad routines that kill the performance and lead to those micro freezes of pCARS especially with "older" graphics cards...

VFX Pro
31-05-2016, 05:19
I have 3-way 980ti SLI, Win 10, 64bit, latest drivers, latest version of game (11) and I'm getting massive stuttering when people join or leave an online qualifying sessions... NOT GOOD :(