PDA

View Full Version : Brake line missing

RudyOnRails
17-02-2016, 21:00
Hey...

So, I've been playing Project Cars for 1 month now and the issue I have being facing is that sometimes the brake line just disappears. I have always been a racing enthusiast, but I can't keep track of so many things in my life. .. :p

To be honest, I am sure that there is an issue with the detection of how close you are from a corner, the speed you're in and the display of this line. Does someone ever experienced this issue?

Titzon Toast
18-02-2016, 18:21
Maybe you're not going fast enough for it to kick in?!

Check your settings and see if you've switched it off by accident. Or, leave it off and go native. It's more fun.

bradleyland
18-02-2016, 18:58
Hey...

So, I've been playing Project Cars for 1 month now and the issue I have being facing is that sometimes the brake line just disappears. I have always been a racing enthusiast, but I can't keep track of so many things in my life. .. :p

To be honest, I am sure that there is an issue with the detection of how close you are from a corner, the speed you're in and the display of this line. Does someone ever experienced this issue?

The braking line is dynamic based on your current speed. So, for example, if you've already slowed down enough for the corner, the braking line won't appear. Sometimes the line can appear very faint if you're close to the indicated speed. Try running with "Guiding Line: Full" for a few laps. I find it a little easier to tell if I'm braking too early using "Full" versus "Brake only". Ultimately, I try to run with it off completely though.

Also, as an interesting aside, are you a Ruby on Rails developer? My team and I have been building Ruby on Rails apps since Rails 0.7 :)

RudyOnRails
18-02-2016, 21:39
Maybe you're not going fast enough for it to kick in?!

Check your settings and see if you've switched it off by accident. Or, leave it off and go native. It's more fun.
I would if could keep track of all different track, except the obvious ones :)

I am always trying to be as fast as possible, put the problem is that it kind of intermittent...

RudyOnRails
18-02-2016, 21:48
The braking line is dynamic based on your current speed. So, for example, if you've already slowed down enough for the corner, the braking line won't appear. Sometimes the line can appear very faint if you're close to the indicated speed. Try running with "Guiding Line: Full" for a few laps. I find it a little easier to tell if I'm braking too early using "Full" versus "Brake only". Ultimately, I try to run with it off completely though.

Also, as an interesting aside, are you a Ruby on Rails developer? My team and I have been building Ruby on Rails apps since Rails 0.7 :)

Yes, I've noticed about the way it infers whether to show it or not based on the speed... Maybe using the full line for the practice run would be the key here!

Cool mate! I have been developing on Rails for 5 years now, but I haven't used the old beta versions... Web development made really Agile! From someone who developed using .NET webforms back in the day, such an improvement!

Gloomy
19-02-2016, 06:15
I've had it not appear going full speed into some corners. I switched to full line since it was not very reliable.

RudyOnRails
19-02-2016, 06:38
I've had it not appear going full speed into some corners. I switched to full line since it was not very reliable.

Thanks for he info. I will do the same here... It is definitely intermittent!

VR-42
27-02-2016, 11:07
What do you need one of those for?

RudyOnRails
27-02-2016, 17:23
What do you need one of those for?
Honestly, it doesn't matter why I need it more than it doesn't work properly. I need it because my memory ducks and I can't remember the whole track curves.