PDA

View Full Version : glove color queston

kevin kirk
17-02-2016, 22:45
I'm finding that I have to keep exiting out of races and starting them again because more often than not I get the awlful looking lime green or yellow colored gloves. I just cant stand to look at them for hours at a time. Is the glove color we are given totally random or is it according to the livery we choose. Has anyone found some kind of work around that predicts the glove color? Something that is better than starting races and leaving races hoping you get a reasonable glove color that you can stand to stare at.

Nelson Pacheco
18-02-2016, 00:18
ahhaha problem with gloves?
Oh man... when we reach a point in a forum that we dont think we are going to read gloves = color = problem

Scuderia Paul
18-02-2016, 00:27
The random glove colour is one of my very few remaining pet-peeves with PCars. I also exit races when I get stupid combinations. When I am racing my Toyota TS040-HYBRID for example, I will quit and start again if I get the green and yellow gloves or worse still the Audi ones. It looks silly and amateurish and will hopefully be eradicated for PCars. GT6 had the perfect approach in Arcade Mode with the gloves being for a specific manufacturer in it's racing colours.

ahhaha problem with gloves?
Oh man... when we reach a point in a forum that we don't think we are going to read gloves = color = problem
Despite saying my piece I can understand where you are coming from. Usually this sort of thing would not bother me but I cannot overlook it and that is driving me mad too.

nissan4ever
18-02-2016, 00:28
I personally race with the wheel/driver off. When I use the cockpit view.

However, lately I've been running from the hood cam (fps performance reason).
I'm sure that has a similar effect for my Xbox One version. Game runs smooth, provided I don't run AI grid no higher than 23 (in the dry. 18 in the wet).

kevin kirk
18-02-2016, 01:09
Yea I will admit it sounds kind of silly but I allways seem to get those dam yellow or the lime green gloves.

kevin kirk
18-02-2016, 01:12
I personally race with the wheel/driver off. When I use the cockpit view.

However, lately I've been running from the hood cam (fps performance reason).
I'm sure that has a similar effect for my Xbox One version. Game runs smooth, provided I don't run AI grid no higher than 23 (in the dry. 18 in the wet). I would love that free cam on xbox. I was just taking about the color of the gloves we randomly get. well exept for my case were I seem to get the green gloves a lot.

Alan Dallas
18-02-2016, 03:19
I would love that free cam on xbox. I was just taking about the color of the gloves we randomly get. well exept for my case were I seem to get the green gloves a lot.

At one point in time, long ago in pCARS alpha stage, there was a plan to add player controlled driver suits and helmets. Even had support for Custom Suit/Helmets for a little while. But project focus for those working on those features got shifted away to other stuff. So in late 2012 code to select a random suit/helmet set was written and that bit of the game considered done for the time being. It's been on the 'Future Features we'd like to complete some day' list for 4 years now. :rolleyes:

TheReaper GT
18-02-2016, 03:19
I would love that free cam on xbox. I was just taking about the color of the gloves we randomly get. well exept for my case were I seem to get the green gloves a lot.

I don't really care about the glove colors but I've noticed the green and yellow gloves are more frequent after 8.0...before the gloves were random and I don't remember seen those colors

kevin kirk
18-02-2016, 03:53
At one point in time, long ago in pCARS alpha stage, there was a plan to add player controlled driver suits and helmets. Even had support for Custom Suit/Helmets for a little while. But project focus for those working on those features got shifted away to other stuff. So in late 2012 code to select a random suit/helmet set was written and that bit of the game considered done for the time being. It's been on the 'Future Features we'd like to complete some day' list for 4 years now. :rolleyes:.....I guess all that wasn't needed until one guy doing the gloves part of the game one day leaned back in his chair and thought "you know what color gloves I would like to stare at for hours on in??? some bright green ones"

Alexandre Bardet
18-02-2016, 07:24
this shouldn't sound silly, I feel very unhappy that I can't choose opponents cars and their liveries and the player driver suit... yep, pretty unhappy

Tomcul
18-02-2016, 10:11
Driving the tso40 while wearing Audi gloves always makes me laugh..

Mauler_77
18-02-2016, 10:15
I was driving a lovely black and red Formula B car last night and noted the nasty green and yellow gloves would be far better if they matched the car livery. I see I'm not alone.

BigDad
18-02-2016, 11:25
Driving the tso40 while wearing Audi gloves always makes me laugh..
This I've noticed but colours no , until now , thanks you guys now its going to annoy me , lol .

konnos
18-02-2016, 11:47
At one point in time, long ago in pCARS alpha stage, there was a plan to add player controlled driver suits and helmets. Even had support for Custom Suit/Helmets for a little while. But project focus for those working on those features got shifted away to other stuff. So in late 2012 code to select a random suit/helmet set was written and that bit of the game considered done for the time being. It's been on the 'Future Features we'd like to complete some day' list for 4 years now. :rolleyes:

Really? But, I don't understand, if the colours are already there and are being chosen by random, what is the difficulty in putting 2 or 3 sliders where we select a personalised colour?

Bealdor
18-02-2016, 11:48
Really? But, I don't understand, if the colours are already there and are being chosen by random, what is the difficulty in putting 2 or 3 sliders where we select a personalised colour?

It's not a color that gets chosen randomly. It's a driver "livery". ;)

Cheesenium
18-02-2016, 11:56

Probably because not enough time to polish up the feature.

If it is buggy, when you pick the blue one then the game spawn the red one in game, it isnt something that is acceptable too. Still, I think it ould be better if the Audi suit be removed from the rotation, it feels really weird driving a non-Audi with Audi gloves.

TheReaper GT
18-02-2016, 12:04
Probably because not enough time to polish up the feature.

If it is buggy, when you pick the blue one then the game spawn the red one in game, it isnt something that is acceptable too. Still, I think it ould be better if the Audi suit be removed from the rotation, it feels really weird driving a non-Audi with Audi gloves.

In my opinion it's not weird since real drivers do this regularly... Saw Chris Harris using an aston suit to test several cars from other brands.... Yesterday BTCC posted a video on Instagram of a focus driver using a Peugeot suit....

Tomcul
18-02-2016, 13:16
In my opinion it's not weird since real drivers do this regularly... Saw Chris Harris using an aston suit to test several cars from other brands.... Yesterday BTCC posted a video on Instagram of a focus driver using a Peugeot suit....

So when you're contracted in career mode to team running Toyota in Toyota factory colours and the driver sometimes wears Audi kit you don't think that's a bit off?

TheReaper GT
18-02-2016, 13:25
So when you're contracted in career mode to team running Toyota in Toyota factory colours and the driver sometimes wears Audi kit you don't think that's a bit off?

I do, but it's not that important... As I said a official btcc Ford driver was using a Peugeot suit, if it's good enough for them, is good enough for me....

Tomcul
18-02-2016, 13:30
I do, but it's not that important... As I said a official btcc Ford driver was using a Peugeot suit, if it's good enough for them, is good enough for me....
Not important no but still off..
Was the official driver doing an official race or just testing, find it hard to believe his ford team letting him do an official race in Peugeot kit..
Obviously you can wear any kit you want when it's not a contract race..

Alexandre Bardet
18-02-2016, 13:31
But that situation like you said was:
(...) to test several cars (...) Can you show us that happening in an official championship race/event or whatever? Even if you do, it doesn't matter, there are people that do care about being able to control that in a game. Not being able to pick every car for AI opponents, their liveries and player driver suit just feels very unsatisfying for me.

TheReaper GT
18-02-2016, 13:40
But that situation like you said was: Can you show us that happening in an official championship race/event or whatever? Even if you do, it doesn't matter, there are people that do care about being able to control that in a game. Not being able to pick every car for AI opponents, their liveries and player driver suit just feels very unsatisfying for me.

Wait wait wait, I'm taking about a virtual racing suit, I really don't care for that, or even if other people care.. We are just talking about it here.... About choose the cars and liveries for the ai I do care, it's important for me and it's missing but it's not the subject on this thread...

Cheesenium
18-02-2016, 13:41

However, running a TS040 LMP1 with Audi suit does feel that it's a bit too far. Maybe it's just Audi driver taking Ts040 out for a spin.

Not really a big deal, I just exit the game and new a new race, hopefully it will change to something else.

Alexandre Bardet
18-02-2016, 13:43
Wait wait wait, I'm taking about a virtual racing suit, I really don't care for that, or even if other people care.. We are just talking about it here.... About choose the cars and liveries for the ai I do care, it's important for me and it's missing but it's not the subject on this thread...

You're right, I got carried away. I just feel like several stuff belong in the same bag per say.

TheReaper GT
18-02-2016, 13:46
However, running a TS040 LMP1 with Audi suit does feel that it's a bit too far. Maybe it's just Audi driver taking Ts040 out for a spin.

Not really a big deal, I just exit the game and new a new race, hopefully it will change to something else.

The green gloves are the worst, very distracting... I hope it too

Tomcul
18-02-2016, 13:57
The green gloves are the worst, very distracting... I hope it too

Turn off the drivatar and buy yourself a wheel it won't distract you then. Stil visible in replays tho..

Alexandre Bardet
18-02-2016, 14:04
Turn off the drivatar and buy yourself a wheel it won't distract you then. Stil visible in replays tho..

not everyone has money or conditions at home to have a wheel. That type of suggestion is... idk... whatever...

Invincible
18-02-2016, 14:04
Honestly, I never even really noticed the gloves as I am too "distracted" by keeping my eyes on the road.
I couldn't even remember that there ARE green gloves. :confused:
So, glove color, whatever it may be, doesn't disturb me at all. Yet. Now, after I read this thread, I probably WILL notice it.

Tomcul
18-02-2016, 14:35
not everyone has money or conditions at home to have a wheel. That type of suggestion is... idk... whatever...

As the reaper said "I really don't care for that,or even if other people care."..

Ixoye56
18-02-2016, 14:45
Turn wheel/driver off and adjust fov, problem solved...

Alexandre Bardet
18-02-2016, 14:49
Turn wheel/driver off and adjust fov, problem solved...

stop with those obtuse suggestions, that is not solving the problem. If you guys have nothing constructive to say keep it to yourselves.

Alan Dallas
18-02-2016, 14:51
Honestly, I never even really noticed the gloves as I am too "distracted" by keeping my eyes on the road.
I couldn't even remember that there ARE green gloves. :confused:
So, glove color, whatever it may be, doesn't disturb me at all. Yet. Now, after I read this thread, I probably WILL notice it.

You hit the nail on the head here.
Yes, we know it can be distracting to some, but at the end of the day most people don't even noticed those virtual gloved hands as they are too busy watching the road.

P.S. The ability to chose a driver livery would be a nicety at this point, but not a necessity.

VaplexR
20-02-2016, 08:45
Haaha. true. i found the yellow gloves annoying also. Would be neat to have a .DDS file for the driver and interior of the car.

Mad LL
20-02-2016, 17:19
I agree it feels a bit weird having different gloves and race suits everytime, especially with the most colored ones.

It would be cool if there was a mod to force our favorite glove/helmet/suit combination for each era (modern, 60s, ...) to ensure more consistency.

(Sending the Bat-signal to crowtrobot...)