PDA

View Full Version : Cannot save, edit or load setups

Model808
18-02-2016, 02:19
Hello, I've seen a few threads experiencing this same issue but no solution. If I create a setup for the 12C GT3 let's say and do a save to "all" + "circuits" and verified in specific locations that all tracks are checked, when I go to race online or in career the settings have reverted back to default. Not only that but even if you reset your setup before getting on the track, it still reverts to default between PQR or anytime you visit the pits for that matter. I must reset it to how I had it each pit visit by memory, which is exhausting.

Additionally, if I go back to the garage and want to edit the setup a little from my baseline, the saved setup is gone, the edit option is greyed out and locked and says no setup loaded. It forces me to create a new setup on the 12C GT3 every time I visit the garage even tho I'm still in the same car and haven't changed cars. Going to the load setup screen produces nothing but an empty screen, there are no setups to load. Just installed patch 9.0 yesterday and the issue remains for me. Hopefully someone can tell me if there's something I'm doing wrong or step I missed. Thank you, racers.

Model808
19-02-2016, 17:05
Here's a brief video that shows what I'm talking about. Setups will not save no matter what I do. Nothing to load, cannot edit a created setup because it reverts back to default. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q40iJL4r0zc

fido996
20-02-2016, 17:56
I feel your pain, I'm currently having the exact same problem. No saved set up ever saves. It hasn't been a problem with the last few racing events that I've been involved with as they've all run cars in stock set up. But now when I need to adjust and tweak, nothing ever happens. To say 'it's frustrating' is a bit of an understatement!

I would like to add my sentiments to Model808's comment about any help or guidance.

Model808
20-02-2016, 19:29
Thanks for the reply fido. I was afraid it was a bug in the game. Is it the copy I have maybe? I've done multiple delete application and reinstall but it's the same. No setup saves in order to load it and tweak and refine it further.. It's almost one of the most important features of a racing sim in my opinion.

fido996
20-02-2016, 20:53
I did a bit of research earlier. Career mode seemed to work ok but anything in solo offline, my garage or online just doesn't save. I'll be giving it another go later using a car that was originally in the game from the start and one that's been part of a doc package to see if that makes any difference. The one I've had all of my problems with has been the Renault V6 touring car.

I'll update tomorrow.

lancashirelad
21-02-2016, 00:02
I think this is a bug introduced in the last patch as I can't reset any car to default setup. I've tried dlc cars and cars available from the start. I tried changing to rain tyres and saving ( which it did) then pressed triangle to reset and it asked me if I was sure and I clicked yes but tyres stayed on rain.
Edit this is in solo mode.
Edit 2 it will reset the force feedback settings just not the vehicle ones.

Model808
21-02-2016, 02:52
Yes I've also heard this resets FFB as well. I'm currently on a controller and I've tried every car, bought add-ons, every track by itself, save to all, etc. There is no setup that saves or can be loaded. When racing online, it resets after every pit visit. Just a crushing flaw, can't tune on different tracks with different cars and save the setups or even tune your setup during an online race PQR.

fido996
22-02-2016, 14:11
Done a little research over the weekend and so far, the only cars that I have that cannot have any set-up saved to them are the Renault V6 Trophy and the R.S. 275. Anything else I've tried seems to be fine, although, I haven't had time to go through each and every car.

lancashirelad
22-02-2016, 14:29
Done a little research over the weekend and so far, the only cars that I have that cannot have any set-up saved to them are the Renault V6 Trophy and the R.S. 275. Anything else I've tried seems to be fine, although, I haven't had time to go through each and every car.

Has anyone tried resetting (triangle) car settings to default? It doesn't work and it did before last patch. ( on any car)

Model808
22-02-2016, 18:16
I can reset a setup to default while adjusting it in the setup menu but as soon as I close the menu, before even getting on the track, the setup has already reverted back to default. Won't save anything you tweaked or adjusted. If you go back into "edit setup" again, it's all changed to default. So unbelievably frustrating. It makes using road cars impossible. The GT3 cars handle "ok" but forget about the open wheel cars. They're simply not drivable with the default setup. If someone could post a screen shot or video of what the "load setup" screen looks like just so I can have a point of reference since it seems not everyone is experiencing this issue.

Bruno Alexandre
23-02-2016, 14:22
Could you do a test please, backup your savegame into a USB stick/external drive and then delete it from the console, boot the game and see if the issue is still present.

Model808
23-02-2016, 19:34
Hey Bruno, thanks for replying. I will do but not sure how to delete my game saved data. That's not the same as deleting the application and letting it download again is it? I don't mind just deleting it all since I haven't gotten very far in career mode and since there really isn't anything to unlock as you progress. So for the sake of testing, should I delete both game save data and the application?

Mr Schumacher
23-02-2016, 23:01
i experienced the same thing. i had to completely uninstall the game and any cloud memory just to fix this issue..

Model808
24-02-2016, 02:06
I took both your advices and deleted everything off the console after copying my save data to a thumb drive. After the game reinstalled, I checked all my favorite GT3 cars and did a save setup and low and behold all the tracks show up to select from! I reloaded my save data and restarted the game and checked the GT3 cars again. The issue has returned for all the cars except the Vantage. It sucks but I guess there was some corrupt data from the start because I've never seen any tracks in the load setup screen. I'll lose all my progress but I don't even care because now I can tune setups per track per car and race online which is all I wanted. Thanks for the help everyone!

Bruno Alexandre
26-02-2016, 09:40
I took both your advices and deleted everything off the console after copying my save data to a thumb drive. After the game reinstalled, I checked all my favorite GT3 cars and did a save setup and low and behold all the tracks show up to select from! I reloaded my save data and restarted the game and checked the GT3 cars again. The issue has returned for all the cars except the Vantage. It sucks but I guess there was some corrupt data from the start because I've never seen any tracks in the load setup screen. I'll lose all my progress but I don't even care because now I can tune setups per track per car and race online which is all I wanted. Thanks for the help everyone!

If you still have the old save please zip it and send it to me via PM, use a file hosting like Google Drive, One Drive or dropbox.

inthebagbud
26-02-2016, 13:37
is this not related to the "cant save setups" issue that has been on the xbox for a while and if we are looking at the PS4 issue can we also look at the xbox issue

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35792-Investigating-Problem-with-saving-a-set-up-after-Patch-2-0-Xbox-One

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34073-Tune-saving-grievances/page2 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35792-Investigating-Problem-with-saving-a-set-up-after-Patch-2-0-Xbox-One)

At present I only save to individual tracks to avoid this, but would be great if I could save to multiple tracks with confidence

Model808
26-02-2016, 23:52
If you still have the old save please zip it and send it to me via PM, use a file hosting like Google Drive, One Drive or dropbox.

Sent. Side note: I've been playing these last few days, different cars different tracks, and the setups are golden. They no longer revert back to default after returning to the pits and all settings are saved exactly as I left them for each track. You guys have no idea how frustrating that was for the first month lol

CPS-3
18-06-2016, 12:15
I have the same problem but not with all cars. I deleted the game and installed it back and downloaded all DLC again but it's the same...

CPS-3
19-06-2016, 07:56
I have also deleted the save file from console and cloud storage. I started the game and the cars did save. Then I put the save file from my thumb drive back to system storage and started pc but the issue was back. I tested different cars, DLC and cars that were there from the beginning and it seems that only the DLC cars don't save.
Is this something that's going to be solved in the near not so far future? Because this gets frustrating really fast... I just started a new season with the GT4 Toyota GT86 RBE and can't change my car...
Or is pc 1 out of patches?

Wheel-user
19-06-2016, 09:46
They said the game is still going to get updates but when nobody knows.. I think there all too busy working/playing on pcars 2

Sessionerror
25-01-2017, 20:07
Mh...one of our community members is just suffering from the same issue after he had to reinstall the game and all DLCs. Has anyone found a solution without deleting the old savegame in the meantime?