PDA

View Full Version : Tire sounds - Help :)

proloser2
18-02-2016, 06:23
Hi guys, just wondering if it's possible to make the tire sounds louder via a mod or something? I find myself reacting to oversteer too late because I can't tell when the tires are starting to lose grip.

Ty!

Konan
18-02-2016, 06:29
Hi guys, just wondering if it's possible to make the tire sounds louder via a mod or something? I find myself reacting to oversteer too late because I can't tell when the tires are starting to lose grip.

Ty!

I believe they just toned the tyre sound down a while ago...
Because there were complaints of it being too loud...
Goes to show,you can't please everyone...:cool:

proloser2
18-02-2016, 06:31
Hrm, you sure? I haven't been able to tell any difference since I bought the game :S

Konan
18-02-2016, 06:32
Hrm, you sure? I haven't been able to tell any difference since I bought the game :S

I"m not sure but I thought i read it in some release notes (don't know which patch it was though)

Invincible
18-02-2016, 06:38
You can try M4MKey's Ai Sound mod. This one increases Ai engine sounds as well as some of you car's sounds like tyre screeching.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44039-MOD-Better-AI-sounds

Please be sure you get the file from page 3, post 1 of this this thread as the original file (OP) might be a bit too loud for you regarding Ai-engines.

proloser2
18-02-2016, 07:05
I"m not sure but I thought i read it in some release notes (don't know which patch it was though)

Ok, I must have missed it. All they need is individual volume sliders ;)

You can try M4MKey's Ai Sound mod. This one increases Ai engine sounds as well as some of you car's sounds like tyre screeching.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44039-MOD-Better-AI-sounds

Please be sure you get the file from page 3, post 1 of this this thread as the original file (OP) might be a bit too loud for you regarding Ai-engines.

Thanks m8! He mentions a JDougNY mod, I tried searching with the forums search and googling but couldn't find anything.

Any guides for installing mods? Do I just drop the files in \SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\pCars\Audio?

Invincible
18-02-2016, 07:45
Ok, I must have missed it. All they need is individual volume sliders ;)

Thanks m8! He mentions a JDougNY mod, I tried searching with the forums search and googling but couldn't find anything.

Any guides for installing mods? Do I just drop the files in \SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\pCars\Audio?

No, sorry.
I just saw that there are a few parts missing in the Ai Sound Thread.

First you need this: Autoprophet's Unlocker https://mega.nz/#!AlMwnKaT!r-E-w7qpmK4kUpW02ixt51_4FgUngcHkJG-Y0HiKOCA
JDougNY's JGSME (Generic Mod Enabler) is uncluded there.

Copy both, the JGSME.exe as well as the MOD folder into your SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\pCars folder.
Then copy the AI Sounds into the MOD folder. Run JGSME, activate the Unpacked-Boot-files first! Then the Ai Sounds, and you're set.

proloser2
18-02-2016, 08:35
Thanks mate, that is a lot better! I can actually hear my own cars engine over the others, lol. Tire screeches aren't loud enough for my taste, but it's tons better than it was before.

I also installed Jack Spade's FFB tweaks.... feels great now!

Ty for the help :)

Invincible
18-02-2016, 08:39
Thanks mate, that is a lot better! I can actually hear my own cars engine over the others, lol. Tire screeches aren't loud enough for my taste, but it's tons better than it was before.

I also installed Jack Spade's FFB tweaks.... feels great now!

Ty for the help :)

You're welcome. :D