PDA

View Full Version : Cut Track Detection

OBigO
18-02-2016, 14:22
Hi! Is there an app out there that could help with cut track detection? Our league would like to turn off the cut track penalties however we don't want to have to review hours of footage to make sure no one is abusing the track limits...

An app that could display all 'red' laps and those lap times would be great and make reviewing races much more efficient.

Does anyone have a good system/tips for reviewing races?

Cheers!

satco1066
18-02-2016, 20:53
Cut track is also seen in the webAPI. you can parse that output

SenorPez
18-02-2016, 22:03
The X, Y, Z position of each car is supplied in the race telemetry data (I think it's in the replay telemetry data, too). While there's not an app I know of, that data could be used along with your own definitions of "problem areas" to detect cheaters. In a lot of areas on a track, there's no advantage to being off track. By setting up those areas to detect cars, you can focus on the areas where someone would gain an unfair advantage, while preventing you from going crazy defining your own complete track definitions.

F1_Racer68
18-02-2016, 22:28
It would be post race, but if you are using a Dedicated Server you can use simresults.net Our league uses it to get full results for every race.

Find out more here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41853-Simresults-net-a-webbased-result-reader-amp-PHP-library

OBigO
19-02-2016, 00:45
We don't use a DS but it is something we could look into...Do you race with penalties off F1 Racer? I assume it still shows in the race telemetry data if there is a cut track even with penalties off right? Thanks guys!

F1_Racer68
19-02-2016, 14:35
We don't use a DS but it is something we could look into...Do you race with penalties off F1 Racer? I assume it still shows in the race telemetry data if there is a cut track even with penalties off right? Thanks guys!

Yes we turned penalties off. Too many drivers falling victim to penalties for things that didn't merit them (avoiding spins, pushed off, etc). The penalties are also dangerous when the field is.bunched up. Penalized cars slow down too quickly and end up collecting other cars.

We use the post race data to determine if a driver deserves a league penalty or not for cutting.