PDA

View Full Version : Brightness Calibration Screen

Photonmonkey
19-02-2016, 10:32
Basically I asked this some time ago and nobody ever got back to me. I know that with the PC release there was a brightness calibration screen buried in the settings for PCARS and yes whilst I know it is pretty basic I would love to know, 1 why didn't console users get it and 2 is there any way a PC user could share the screen in any way or someone from the DEV team as I am forever trying to tweak my visual settings on my LCD and it drives me nuts. As with any game with such variance in lighting it would be nice to have a reference image to work to. Yes I have used brightness calibration test cards on my PS4 off the internet but they are not specifically designed for PCARS, I have already had to dial down my calibrated colours on my Samsung LCD as I feel the PCARS PS4 palette is rather over saturated?

racesafegrandad
19-02-2016, 11:06
I would like an answer to this question myself. My problem is nighttime racing means I have to have the lights in my room turned out and the curtains drawn. God knows what the neighbors think I am up to! :)

Joshua Healy
19-02-2016, 11:46
I have no idea how to even use the adjustment screen.... my monitor is set to "Yep, close enough. " :cool:

Photonmonkey
19-02-2016, 13:28
I have no idea how to even use the adjustment screen.... my monitor is set to "Yep, close enough. " :cool:

See, why does no one get my OCD ;)

kevin kirk
19-02-2016, 16:45
I use exposure compensation setting in the visual options to adjust how bright and dark everything is. Don't know if that's the intended purpose for that setting but it works.Default is 1.00. If a certian views are to bright. I just move it down to .10 if a driving view is to dark I just adjust it up to 2.00. Works pretty good.

VaplexR
20-02-2016, 08:41
Yes, This gets annoying some times. I wish there was button for the sunscreen visor at times. When i play Time Trail in certain cars the sun reflects of the asphalt directly into your EYES (screen) and it blinds you from seeing the white racing lines. Wearing the helmet will help a little to dim it since the helmet has a sunshield, but in some cars limo-tinted sunglasses are needed.

Shogun613
20-02-2016, 10:21
I use exposure compensation setting in the visual options to adjust how bright and dark everything is. Don't know if that's the intended purpose for that setting but it works.Default is 1.00. If a certian views are to bright. I just move it down to .10 if a driving view is to dark I just adjust it up to 2.00. Works pretty good.

You know, until I read this thread, I didn't even think to do that for when I'm throwing the Aston GTE around. It actually works pretty good. Instead of moving the exposure compensation up and down though, I've settled on a happy medium of .04. I tried this setting at La Sarthe at night, and the lower EC value also helps tame the overly bright skies at 3 - 4 AM. Good stuff.

Mad Al
20-02-2016, 10:42
it's not that exciting.. and frankly adjusting whilst playing makes more sense (not that I've ever adjusted anything colour or brightness wise on Project CARS on PC)

Joshua Healy
20-02-2016, 11:14
Yep, still don't know how to use this damn screen. :)

Photonmonkey
20-02-2016, 16:09
it's not that exciting.. and frankly adjusting whilst playing makes more sense (not that I've ever adjusted anything colour or brightness wise on Project CARS on PC)

Why thank you, not exciting to you but very useful for me much appreciated ;)