PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Pit Stop mechanics ,and enginners in the game?

palexsanderfsa
20-02-2016, 01:40
Personally, I was playing the game and noticed that only appears one mechanic at the time the person makes a stop at the pit stop to change tires and etc ... only the video presentation of the game, show the game with all five mechanics making repairs. only that the game does not appear the 5. And in beta pc, and Xbox apresentations and ps4 vídeos, summers appears 5. but in the end did not have, nor the pc or the console. you noticed that? can anyone tell me if it will be at some future update?

RacerDude
20-02-2016, 02:22
It was originally planned but I think SMS bit off more than they could chew with all the different car types. I'm sure the majority of car pit animations are completed but we probably won't see them In game until Pcars2

BigDad
20-02-2016, 06:28
I think they are stuck in the Silverstone Classic pits with everyone else .

Ian Bell
20-02-2016, 06:59
It was originally planned but I think SMS bit off more than they could chew with all the different car types. I'm sure the majority of car pit animations are completed but we probably won't see them In game until Pcars2

We did. It's an honest case of us trying and failing.

VaplexR
20-02-2016, 07:34
I was wondering why, but i saw the complexity of it. The pits can get messy a bit, a few times I exit pit and i glitched inside of an AI or rear ended an AI and bounced off. But that is what i expected of smaller community project game. AI is by far the toughest mathematical and coding part of the game. It acceptable. At least 90% of the physics is on point in the game. I took some % off from collisions and tire response off different textures, but 90% is great enough to be called a simulator. even flight simulator X still has physics bugs and glitches till this day.

Vittorio Rapa
20-02-2016, 12:34
I was wondering why, but i saw the complexity of it. The pits can get messy a bit, a few times I exit pit and i glitched inside of an AI or rear ended an AI and bounced off. But that is what i expected of smaller community project game. AI is by far the toughest mathematical and coding part of the game. It acceptable. At least 90% of the physics is on point in the game. I took some % off from collisions and tire response off different textures, but 90% is great enough to be called a simulator. even flight simulator X still has physics bugs and glitches till this day.

There's also a reason which is not considered by the most: you couldn't bump against the people in the box (the mechanics), you can't "damage" them or this will change significantly the ESRB/PEGI rating, with other consequences under the commercial aspects. Finding a proper solution, maintaining the simulative aspect of the title, is more complex than what it could appear initially.

Alexandre Bardet
20-02-2016, 13:25
yeah cars already merge together sometimes as it is, so I was really imagining cars moving through people, but I would take it anyway, it would still be great to see the pits filled with life, and probably with enough people around the car we wouldn't be able to tell if the car in front had just gone through other people or not, idk, could work.

LaughingKoala Racing
20-02-2016, 15:44
It would nice to see them but the one mechanic is glitchy enough as it is.

Otherworld
20-02-2016, 15:56
It would be nice to see them for pCars2 though. Seeing life in the pits is always cool for realism.

Mascot
20-02-2016, 17:59
It would be nice to see them for pCars2 though. Seeing life in the pits is always cool for realism.

There could be a lot more life in the pits even without an animated pit crew. Mechanics could be milling around, more tools and equipment could be on show etc etc.
It's a real shame because entering the pits always breaks all the the immersion built up throughout the rest of the race. The pits in pCARS are the automotive equivalent of a ghost town (and Silverstone Classic is where old cars go to die ;))

hkraft300
21-02-2016, 00:39
It would nice to see them but the one mechanic is glitchy enough as it is.

He forgets his lollipop sometimes that's all.

I've barreled into the pits at full tilt where my box is at the start of the lane, and the lollipop man stands to the side and has a good look for other cars before getting in front of my car. Made me laugh.
Neat touch :)

Rambo_Commando
21-02-2016, 04:08
There could be a lot more life in the pits even without an animated pit crew. Mechanics could be milling around, more tools and equipment could be on show etc etc.
It's a real shame because entering the pits always breaks all the the immersion built up throughout the rest of the race. The pits in pCARS are the automotive equivalent of a ghost town (and Silverstone Classic is where old cars go to die ;))

Couldn't agree more. If they can't add more pit crew then add more static items to make the pits more lifelike.

Konan
21-02-2016, 06:16
Couldn't agree more. If they can't add more pit crew then add more static items to make the pits more lifelike.

As much as i'm in favour of more animation in the pits,i 'd rather have them concentrating on the racing part of the game...
It's just a few minutes max that you spend in the pits as opposed to the time on the circuit....
Whatever they can improve on track has to have priority imho...
So all in all,it's a good thing they have moved it to Pcars2...
Just my 2 cents :cool:

Azure Flare
21-02-2016, 07:04
While a fully animated pitcrew would be nice, think about this, all the other current sims (save for Assetto Corsa) don't have it either.

DragonSyr
21-02-2016, 07:06
also is a real shame the auto pit procedure :(

Sankyo
21-02-2016, 07:09
IMO pit lane animations is an area where the simulation aspect could be sacrificed a bit for immersion. It's been discussed elsewhere in depth, one could choose for ghost crews, funnels to guide the car, AI control in the last few meters etc. etc.

Konan
21-02-2016, 08:51
IMO pit lane animations is an area where the simulation aspect could be sacrificed a bit for immersion. It's been discussed elsewhere in depth, one could choose for ghost crews, funnels to guide the car, AI control in the last few meters etc. etc.

A lot of work for a couple of yards of self driving if you ask me...
I understand most people want to have control over the car all the time and i understand why...the reality feeling,gaining a few seconds,etc....
For online i think it's a good idea,for career i think these few seconds are useless,since the AI is beaten to easily as it is...
Just a question as where everyone's priorities lie imo...

Rambo_Commando
21-02-2016, 09:10
Simple static things like having your team sitting at the race monitors along the pit wall at Catalunya help add to the immersion. Another thing that adds to the immersion is not having crowded grand stands on practice days. Also you can have static teammates in the pit garages. I'll be even more happy with little things like this.

Konan
21-02-2016, 09:48
Simple static things like having your team sitting at the race monitors along the pit wall at Catalunya help add to the immersion. Another thing that adds to the immersion is not having crowded grand stands on practice days. Also you can have static teammates in the pit garages. I'll be even more happy with little things like this.

Fair enough..that's your POV but mine is more concentrated on the "racing" part of the immersion....everyone has his own expectations/wishes,that's a well known fact in any type of game,not just this one.
They can't give everyone what they want (or think they need) therefore it's a positive thing to have threads like this one just asking questions and giving opinions without being aggressive about it :D even when the question has been asked and answered before...
Maybe it won't help for this game but they will know (as far as they don't already) what is wanted most for the sequel...

McKiernan
21-02-2016, 12:40
I wouldn't complain about gettin immersed in a couple of grid girls :cool:

Sankyo
21-02-2016, 13:28
I wouldn't complain about gettin immersed in a couple of grid girls :cool:

Well I think they were not included in the game because of PEGI ratings. I think it would actually boost sales if we got a PEGI 12 rating or something like that...

Nomad06
21-02-2016, 17:19
We did. It's an honest case of us trying and failing.

Ok...so for an honest failure, there seems to be a number of honest failures within SMS and Pcars, prior to and post release, for those of us that bought into and paid full admission to be riddled with those honest failures, I am curious what does SMS have in store to compensate its customers? or do you believe you will just go on reputation? As it appears ..and I am sure you'll disagree, but appears we were just used as some sorta huge beta testing playground for the last 8+ months.

You want the public. ..or I assume you want or are looking for public confidence, and your customers to buy into Pcars2, however given the past and ongoing issues. ..like constant disconnects for example, knowing multi player being a huge part of Pcars...how do you expect those of us who spent $70 on the game and all the dlc, to have faith in your product if we can't use it how its intended to be used?

I was honestly hoping you guys would be paving the way...breaking ground in the console market. ..and in some areas that would be true and you were the only kid on the block...but with AC soon to be released my thinking is that advantage may of been squandered as your horse hasn't gotten to the first backstretch and its outta gas.

I think for me...and from what I see from the vocal communities not controlled by SMS, I see thousands and thousands of online sim drivers putting Pcars away, you actually even see it in here even with all the control as at any given time there are what.. little over a 100 peoplein here?? Most of the threads are complaints!...been seeing its steady decline 30 days after its release.... as a business person do you see the model presented in this fourm and the declines as acceptable? Do you consider the treatment and the level of service throughout as acceptable?

Some say; why do you stick with them, why do you continue to try and put on race events?

Part of me is...'in for a penny in for a pound'. ..in hopes that there will be a breakthrough.

The other part of me is. ..I am a single father, I pay huge child support payments and don't have a lot of money, I love sim racing and have a console and can only afford one game, and have putnin almost 600hrs ...all on controller. I know there are many tried and tested. ..stable games out there...but I beleived in SMS. ..in fact and maybe foolishly Ian?...I beleiveed in you and your interviews and visions....so I thought I had made a careful investment. ..I continued to try and play Pcars...even in its broken state to make the best of it...hoping SMS would get it figured out. ..but as time went on. .statements were made...and mmm..well ..yeah...here we are.

Sorry long note here...and sure it won't be well recieved as I've witnessed some of the responses by mods and staff towards customers that have stood their ground even in frustration....

Anyway Ian,..Mods or... whomever. ..do as you wish. ..with my comments, its how I feel and your recent comments inspired my response...I will end by saying I am very disappointed with the out come of Pcars...but all that was fixable imo...what has made me think twice about Pcars2 is the arrogance, the...'oh well...sorry I know we promised...but too bad...take or leave it', attitude, the continual, need to control and lock threads that you just don't don't like and some of the asine excuses made for doing it... If SMS would of been more upfront about its "honest failures", imho you would've kept a larger number of your customers...

Cheers

kevin kirk
21-02-2016, 17:55
Ok...so for an honest failure, there seems to be a number of honest failures within SMS and Pcars, prior to and post release, for those of us that bought into and paid full admission to be riddled with those honest failures, I am curious what does SMS have in store to compensate its customers? or do you believe you will just go on reputation? As it appears ..and I am sure you'll disagree, but appears we were just used as some sorta huge beta testing playground for the last 8+ months.

You want the public. ..or I assume you want or are looking for public confidence, and your customers to buy into Pcars2, however given the past and ongoing issues. ..like constant disconnects for example, knowing multi player being a huge part of Pcars...how do you expect those of us who spent $70 on the game and all the dlc, to have faith in your product if we can't use it how its intended to be used?

I was honestly hoping you guys would be paving the way...breaking ground in the console market. ..and in some areas that would be true and you were the only kid on the block...but with AC soon to be released my thinking is that advantage may of been squandered as your horse hasn't gotten to the first backstretch and its outta gas.

I think for me...and from what I see from the vocal communities not controlled by SMS, I see thousands and thousands of online sim drivers putting Pcars away, you actually even see it in here even with all the control as at any given time there are what.. little over a 100 peoplein here?? Most of the threads are complaints!...been seeing its steady decline 30 days after its release.... as a business person do you see the model presented in this fourm and the declines as acceptable? Do you consider the treatment and the level of service throughout as acceptable?

Some say; why do you stick with them, why do you continue to try and put on race events?

Part of me is...'in for a penny in for a pound'. ..in hopes that there will be a breakthrough.

The other part of me is. ..I am a single father, I pay huge child support payments and don't have a lot of money, I love sim racing and have a console and can only afford one game, and have putnin almost 600hrs ...all on controller. I know there are many tried and tested. ..stable games out there...but I beleived in SMS. ..in fact and maybe foolishly Ian?...I beleiveed in you and your interviews and visions....so I thought I had made a careful investment. ..I continued to try and play Pcars...even in its broken state to make the best of it...hoping SMS would get it figured out. ..but as time went on. .statements were made...and mmm..well ..yeah...here we are.

Sorry long note here...and sure it won't be well recieved as I've witnessed some of the responses by mods and staff towards customers that have stood their ground even in frustration....

Anyway Ian,..Mods or... whomever. ..do as you wish. ..with my comments, its how I feel and your recent comments inspired my response...I will end by saying I am very disappointed with the out come of Pcars...but all that was fixable imo...what has made me think twice about Pcars2 is the arrogance, the...'oh well...sorry I know we promised...but too bad...take or leave it', attitude, the continual, need to control and lock threads that you just don't don't like and some of the asine excuses made for doing it... If SMS would of been more upfront about its "honest failures", imho you would've kept a larger number of your customers...

Cheers......You lucky someone even bothered to try and make a sim for consoles. The other racing games makers are to this very day pumping out the same games they have been since the last gen consoles with no options or enhanced gameplay. Its the limitation of our consoles that causes a lot of what your missing. How in the hell could you take a stand of sms ripping you off when its the limitation of the console your using that made the game play out this way? If anybody has anything to say it would be the PC guys that's been more than understanding about giving them time to sort the gameplay of a sim because consoles are involved now. Right now they are having to wait 10 extra days to get the DLC because of my console. Then here you are with this attitude

Konan
21-02-2016, 18:04

Cheers

First of all,your private situation is not an exclusive one...been there,done that...as have a lot of people on this forum i'm sure...
Second,for me too every game i buy is a bit of an investment....have to calculate it in with the budget as i'm sure a lot of people have to do also....
BUT...for the investment i made in this game i must say i get a hell of a return...
You're on PS4...have you ever had a racing sim worth comparing to this one?
The online part,i agree,is having issues right now but is that a reason to crush SMS as you are doing?
This game is the best i've seen for a long time on PlayStation and i really don't think SMS deserves this kind of demeaning posts,certainly not as they are doing everything they can to hear/help with/resolve the issues at hand....

kevin kirk
21-02-2016, 18:15
the playstation disconnect is happening on multible games.Not just project cars

Nomad06
21-02-2016, 18:15
First of all,your private situation is not an exclusive one...been there,done that...as have a lot of people on this forum i'm sure...
Second,for me too every game i buy is a bit of an investment....have to calculate it in with the budget as i'm sure a lot of people have to do also....
BUT...for the investment i made in this game i must say i get a hell of a return...
You're on PS4...have you ever had a racing sim worth comparing to this one?
The online part,i agree,is having issues right now but is that a reason to crush SMS as you are doing?
This game is the best i've seen for a long time on PlayStation and i really don't think SMS deserves this kind of demeaning posts,certainly not as they are doing everything they can to hear/help with/resolve the issues at hand....

"Demeaning"? ...and herin part lies the problem.

Konan
21-02-2016, 18:21
[quote]

Anyway Ian,..Mods or... whomever. ..do as you wish. ..with my comments, its how I feel and your recent comments inspired my response...I will end by saying I am very disappointed with the out come of Pcars...but all that was fixable imo...what has made me think twice about Pcars2 is the arrogance, the...'oh well...sorry I know we promised...but too bad...take or leave it', attitude, the continual, need to control and lock threads that you just don't don't like and some of the asine excuses made for doing it... If SMS would of been more upfront about its "honest failures", imho you would've kept a larger number of your customers.[end quote]

Seems pretty demeaning to me...

kevin kirk
21-02-2016, 18:46
[quote]

Anyway Ian,..Mods or... whomever. ..do as you wish. ..with my comments, its how I feel and your recent comments inspired my response...I will end by saying I am very disappointed with the out come of Pcars...but all that was fixable imo...what has made me think twice about Pcars2 is the arrogance, the...'oh well...sorry I know we promised...but too bad...take or leave it', attitude, the continual, need to control and lock threads that you just don't don't like and some of the asine excuses made for doing it... If SMS would of been more upfront about its "honest failures", imho you would've kept a larger number of your customers.[end quote]

Seems pretty demeaning to me.......edit, sorry I replied to the wrong quote

Nomad06
21-02-2016, 18:51
......You lucky someone even bothered to try and make a sim for consoles. The other racing games makers are to this very day pumping out the same games they have been since the last gen consoles with no options or enhanced gameplay. Its the limitation of our consoles that causes a lot of what your missing. How in the hell could you take a stand of sms ripping you off when its the limitation of the console your using that made the game play out this way? If anybody has anything to say it would be the PC guys that's been more than understanding about giving them time to sort the gameplay of a sim because consoles are involved now. Right now they are having to wait 10 extra days to get the DLC because of my console. Then here you are with this attitude

I guess that's were we fundamentally differ right out of the box...I don't consider myself "lucky", I consider myself a "customer", a customer who paid a lot money for a product based on what the seller advertised it would do. It clearly hasn't done what they said it would do, has been full of bugs and not playable for its intended use...easy to blame other 3rd party limitations but you'd think these smart people playing with all our money would knkw that going in?. Pretty simple concept really.

I don't consider myself lucky that I amd many others have made these devs significant amounts of money. ..its the profession they chosen and like any other job they have to take responsibility for when things go good, and bad...so not really feeling sorry for them. ..if they don't do it...someone else will...which btw they are. I am sure they will make heaps of money too....good for them...as long as they come through and support their products.

Time will tell...you defend them for your own reasons whatever they maybe. Let me ask you this though. ...you really beleive things are going great in Pcars or even ok?

All I am saying is, the community is but a fraction of what it used to be...anywhere outside of this controlled environment you'll hear much harsher criticisms and imho a lot of people are fed up and I think you're seeing a reflection of that.

I gues time will tell...we'll see what happens. If you think there is nothing seriously wrong then hey...that you...I see something different.

Cheers

Shinzah
21-02-2016, 18:58
I guess that's were we fundamentally differ right out of the box...I don't consider myself "lucky", I consider myself a "customer", a customer who paid a lot money for a product based on what the seller advertised it would do. It clearly hasn't done what they said it would do, has been full of bugs and not playable for its intended use...easy to blame other 3rd party limitations but you'd think these smart people playing with all our money would knkw that going in?. Pretty simple concept really.

I don't consider myself lucky that I amd many others have made these devs significant amounts of money. ..its the profession they chosen and like any other job they have to take responsibility for when things go good, and bad...so not really feeling sorry for them. ..if they don't do it...someone else will...which btw they are. I am sure they will make heaps of money too....good for them...as long as they come through and support their products.

Time will tell...you defend them for your own reasons whatever they maybe. Let me ask you this though. ...you really beleive things are going great in Pcars or even ok?

All I am saying is, the community is but a fraction of what it used to be...anywhere outside of this controlled environment you'll hear much harsher criticisms and imho a lot of people are fed up and I think you're seeing a reflection of that.

I gues time will tell...we'll see what happens. If you think there is nothing seriously wrong then hey...that you...I see something different.

Cheers

If you consider yourself a customer, you should have been more diligent in your purchases and not based your purchase of what it might become.

If SMS or Namco had done anything outside of the law, they would have been punished for it. They didn't. Your only real excuse for soap box negativity is that you made a poor personal decision and want to push that responsibility onto others.

There are laws that prevent companies from defrauding consumers, and they are quite well policed. Especially in the videogame industry.

kevin kirk
21-02-2016, 18:58

Cheers
.....just stop,you know very well that added features and added dlc they plan to add get worked on after games release and during the games life. That means you know if they are going to have problems with features and dlc they plan to add, they will run into them after release and during the games life. Your taking a stand of your mad because they didn't know every problem they would ever have with the game at the time you bought it and its silly.

Nomad06
21-02-2016, 19:20
If you consider yourself a customer, you should have been more diligent in your purchases and not based your purchase of what it might become.

If SMS or Namco had done anything outside of the law, they would have been punished for it. They didn't. Your only real excuse for soap box negativity is that you made a poor personal decision and want to push that responsibility onto others.

There are laws that prevent companies from defrauding consumers, and they are quite well policed. Especially in the videogame industry.

Whoa!! "Defrauding", "outside of the law", whose saying that?

Yes thanks you're right, I did make a poor peronal choice in buying Pcars, however it was based on what I was told it was going to do...and do well...it hasn't done that for the majority of its 8 month life since release...so yeah you're right I concede I shouldn't of trusted SMS....as for the other stuff you mentioned. ..police outside agencies fraud....well that's way beyond me dude.

Having said that though I think you opened up a very valid question about what vid devs say they're going to do to sell a game and then not provide the end product. ..and what the consequences maybe of those actions if someone were to filena complaint?

Cheers

Nomad06
21-02-2016, 19:30
.....just stop,you know very well that added features and added dlc they plan to add get worked on after games release and during the games life. That means you know if they are going to have problems with features and dlc they plan to add, they will run into them after release and during the games life. Your taking a stand of your mad because they didn't know every problem they would ever have with the game at the time you bought it and its silly.

No...that's not what I am saying nor did I imply that my main concerns are with dlc releases. You assumed I think.

Anyway doesn't matter...typical jump on responses, I get it.

My original response was from what I've seen and have had to deal with over the past 8 months.

I am not someone who has put in a couple of hours in game...I've dedicated 600hrs...There are other communities reporting very similar issues and frustrations and are turned off not only by Pcars but by SMS...if the people, SMS or whatever can't see beyond the safety confines if this fourm then thats on them...take leave it...whatever but when there is no one left playing. ..oh wait a minute. .for a month of the 8 we can't play online ...sorry, then that'son you guys...anyway keep at'er guys and good luck .

Cheers

Shinzah
21-02-2016, 19:30
Whoa!! "Defrauding", "outside of the law", whose saying that?

Yes thanks you're right, I did make a poor peronal choice in buying Pcars, however it was based on what I was told it was going to do...and do well...it hasn't done that for the majority of its 8 month life since release...so yeah you're right I concede I shouldn't of trusted SMS....as for the other stuff you mentioned. ..police outside agencies fraud....well that's way beyond me dude.

Having said that though I think you opened up a very valid question about what vid devs say they're going to do to sell a game and then not provide the end product. ..and what the consequences maybe of those actions if someone were to filena complaint?

Cheers

This is exactly my point. If someone were to file a complaint in any professional capacity, it'd get thrown out. Project Cars has a fair amount of consumer dissatisfaction, sure. But those involved in creating and marketting it have done nothing negligent or criminal, and that places the responsibility on the consumers. As well, despite the amount of dissatisfaction - there is more satisfaction with the game.

If you want to see what happens to developers when they do truly damning things, look at Koei Tecmo's, Ubisofts and WB's 2015 release year. These are companies that could have been torn into very handily by class action lawsuits and have truly hurt their relationships and their integrity to consumers. Those were very real problems that demonstrated very clear negligence.

Sankyo
21-02-2016, 19:40
Looks like this thread has run its course.