PDA

View Full Version : g27 brake mod.

DreamsKnight
20-02-2016, 11:52
:D

so the main problem is understand where is the end of the brake, so i'm searching for a more progressive brake with a real feeling of "where is my end point". i'm doing also the step from socks to shoes and all pedals seems too light.

i'd like to know if someone inside here use some of these solutions.

the options are:

nixim - http://www.nixim.com/ordering/

progressive spring with rubber

gteye - http://www.ebay.it/itm/GTEYE-Brake-Pedal-Spring-for-LOGITECH-G25-G27-G29-G920-Racing-Wheel-Upgrade-Mod-/161090295458?hash=item2581bad6a2:g:0rIAAOSwBahVYDQY

progressive spring

sim racing: http://www.simracingstation.com/GB/srs_gb.html

a little more expensive than previous, but it is a double spring with rubber and a mod for the lenght of all pedals.

thank you.

Mark Bevan
20-02-2016, 11:55
I have been using the Nixim brake mode for ages and would recommend it. It's cheap, easy to fit & makes a huge difference. The brake pedal feels much more realistic with some weight behind it and the weight also means that it's easier to modulate the pressure, as you brake.

DreamsKnight
20-02-2016, 13:52
I have been using the Nixim brake mode for ages and would recommend it. It's cheap, easy to fit & makes a huge difference. The brake pedal feels much more realistic with some weight behind it and the weight also means that it's easier to modulate the pressure, as you brake.

Can you understand during the braking if you are at 50% or 70% or .. ? So is it really progressive?

resmania
20-02-2016, 13:53
I've been using GTEYE brake mod and it definitely feels better than stock spring, but it's nothing like the real brake.
It has somewhat progressive feeling but very basic. How can I describe this? 30% soft and 70% stiff feeling?
Still it's a cheap and easy solution so I'd recommend getting it :))

Mahjik
20-02-2016, 15:27
Can you understand during the braking if you are at 50% or 70% or .. ? So is it really progressive?

None of the "springs" really do that. You need to move to a load cell. However, the "springs" will make the pedals feel less like a "toy". I've been using the Nixim springs for all three pedals on my G25 for years. It's much better than stock, but it will still not compete with a load cell setup (or the other higher end pedals).

Mark Bevan
20-02-2016, 15:35

Yes, because you have to apply so much more pressure, you can feel more of a difference between 50% & 70%, than with the stock pedals.

SGETI
20-02-2016, 16:12
In my opinion, worth every cent.
Not only do you receive a quality product which will enhance your driving pleasure you also receive top notch customer service. I live in the states and delivery time from the other side of the world was only 10 days. Kristian, was a pleasure to deal with. She answered all inquires in a timely and professional manner. I had some unique issues and Kristian worked with me for a solution rather than simply say it cannot be done.
I have had the spring for about 2 years and the only regret or issue is I wish I had bought this spring earlier. The spring really does make a difference. No more over braking. Now I can brake on pedal feel and not just muscle memory. I usually race in bare feet and the pedal pressure works just fine, shoes are not required. I could go on and on but I think you get the point.
This product is one of those non brain moments, go ahead and order, The GTEYE spring is that good.

DreamsKnight
20-02-2016, 19:12
thank you all!

anyone has an opinion about the last mod? also if you don't have, what did you think about longer pedals?

None of the "springs" really do that. You need to move to a load cell. However, the "springs" will make the pedals feel less like a "toy". I've been using the Nixim springs for all three pedals on my G25 for years. It's much better than stock, but it will still not compete with a load cell setup (or the other higher end pedals).

honestly i don't understand how works load cell technically. how do it give the feedback?

In my opinion, worth every cent.
Not only do you receive a quality product which will enhance your driving pleasure you also receive top notch customer service. I live in the states and delivery time from the other side of the world was only 10 days. Kristian, was a pleasure to deal with. She answered all inquires in a timely and professional manner. I had some unique issues and Kristian worked with me for a solution rather than simply say it cannot be done.
I have had the spring for about 2 years and the only regret or issue is I wish I had bought this spring earlier. The spring really does make a difference. No more over braking. Now I can brake on pedal feel and not just muscle memory. I usually race in bare feet and the pedal pressure works just fine, shoes are not required. I could go on and on but I think you get the point.
This product is one of those non brain moments, go ahead and order, The GTEYE spring is that good.

thank you for your explanation! i need to use shoes. my right foot is more sensitive because of a broken bone one year ago. with hardcore gaming my foot start to give problems again. :mad:

Mahjik
20-02-2016, 19:41
honestly i don't understand how works load cell technically. how do it give the feedback?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNTLggI2leo