PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit exposure fix

klorptar
21-02-2016, 01:31
Does anyone know if the cockpit exposures are ever going to get fixed? I know it's a minor issue, but it's annoying. I have my exposure compensation set to 1, but some of the cars like the RUF Yellowbird, the Aston GTE and a few others have a massively over exposed cockpit view. Everything looks washed out and too bright? Is that ever going to be adjusted?

kevin kirk
21-02-2016, 01:38
Does anyone know if the cockpit exposures are ever going to get fixed? I know it's a minor issue, but it's annoying. I have my exposure compensation set to 1, but some of the cars like the RUF Yellowbird, the Aston GTE and a few others have a massively over exposed cockpit view. Everything looks washed out and too bright? Is that ever going to be adjusted?....you need to turn your exposure compensation down to .10 in the visual options

klorptar
21-02-2016, 01:42
....you need to turn your exposure compensation down to .10 in the visual options

Then other cars are underexposed and it's difficult to see, especially at night. The point is that the cockpit exposure in several cars is wildly different.

kevin kirk
21-02-2016, 01:45
Then other cars are underexposed and it's difficult to see, especially at night. The point is that the cockpit exposure in several cars is wildly different.
...well once you change it you can change it back. You aren't stuck with that setting forever with every car.

klorptar
21-02-2016, 01:48
I'm fully aware that I can change it, but that requires me to go to the options menu and adjust the exposure for each car that I drive. You can do that from the in-race menus. Do you understand why some may find that annoying? It would be nice, in my opinion, if the exposure was consistent between the cars so we wouldn't have to constant adjust that in the graphics menu.

kevin kirk
21-02-2016, 02:03
I'm fully aware that I can change it, but that requires me to go to the options menu and adjust the exposure for each car that I drive. You can do that from the in-race menus. Do you understand why some may find that annoying? It would be nice, in my opinion, if the exposure was consistent between the cars so we wouldn't have to constant adjust that in the graphics menu.
.... the exposure isn't even consistent in every camera view in the same car. I'm just saying that's the option you adjust you exposure level with.

Panopticism
21-02-2016, 04:06
I hope they can fix it. Some tracks look like they're covered in snow from the cockpit of the Aston GTE.

Mahjik
21-02-2016, 05:05
Aston GTE will be addressed in Patch 10.

Shogun613
21-02-2016, 05:32
Until the fix is released in patch 10, try a "middle ground" EC setting of .04 or .05. It's not perfect, but at least you can use the Aston GTE and other cars without having to go back and forth in the settings.

Photonmonkey
21-02-2016, 07:08
Until the fix is released in patch 10, try a "middle ground" EC setting of .04 or .05. It's not perfect, but at least you can use the Aston GTE and other cars without having to go back and forth in the settings.

I must admit I have tried the 0.4 setting and I now use this as my default, Tarmac actually looks like Tarmac and skies are not over blown. It makes bright sunny days a little dark in most cars in cockpit mode but I can live with that, like a lot of people I don't want to have to keep adjusting settings before I take to the track :)