PDA

View Full Version : 250cc superkart smoking?! - BUG

NemethR
21-02-2016, 12:20
I just driven the 250cc Superkart (who did not try it, should do so, its a lot of fun).

I wanted to watching something in the replay, but I discovered that in the replay the Kart is smoking constantly
See pictures below.

This is on all tracks, and with DEFAULT setup - smoke seems to come from the tires.

HiSpeeder
21-02-2016, 12:31
Yep, I wondered the same about the constant smoke, even on straights. Haven't driven the superkarts for a while, but did a lot around patch 3.0 I think, is when I just bought PCars. Anyway, it seemed to me that the tires were constantly overheating, while at the same time I oddly didn't really experience any negative effects on the driving behaviour from that.

NemethR
21-02-2016, 13:55
Yep, I wondered the same about the constant smoke, even on straights. Haven't driven the superkarts for a while, but did a lot around patch 3.0 I think, is when I just bought PCars. Anyway, it seemed to me that the tires were constantly overheating, while at the same time I oddly didn't really experience any negative effects on the driving behaviour from that.

Well, according to the HUD, they are not overheating. - all is green

FS7
21-02-2016, 14:29
I've noticed the same thing.
I've been driving the 250cc Superkart a lot lately, very fun to drive, I use cockpit cam with virtual mirror & hud enabled. I don't see any smoke in the mirror or when looking back during the race, and the tyres are green throughout the race, no overheating, Superkart handles fine the entire race. However when watching replay after the race I always notice a lot of smoke like seen in the pictures in the op.

Cheesenium
21-02-2016, 14:46
Doesnt look right to me, it looked bugged. I'll give it ago on my PC when I can.

danowat
21-02-2016, 15:13
It's been bugged since the game was released, despite the devs saying it's been fixed on more than one occasion.

CPU M Rossi
21-02-2016, 18:27
I just driven the 250cc Superkart (who did not try it, should do so, its a lot of fun).

I wanted to watching something in the replay, but I discovered that in the replay the Kart is smoking constantly
See pictures below.

This is on all tracks, and with DEFAULT setup - smoke seems to come from the tires.

your just that fast in the 250cc kart that the tires smoke from your awesome driving skills :p

as the post above says they have been bugged for a while

BigAlex
22-02-2016, 17:56
IMHO the smoke happens whenever the rpm goes too high. It is not the tyres that are smoking but probably the engine. It happens on straights. Maybe it is just the nature of this car.

madmax2069
22-02-2016, 19:03
Its just the typical replay bug that's been there since the game launched.

balderz002
22-02-2016, 20:43
Maybe its running an old-school 2 stroke engine..... Hmmmm, 2 stroke smell........

havocc
22-02-2016, 22:12
Maybe its running an old-school 2 stroke engine..... Hmmmm, 2 stroke smell........

The sound of the kart is from a 2 stroke idd