PDA

View Full Version : What do you love about the game ?

Ingo_Schwartz
22-02-2016, 18:30
It's time to stop all this bickering about what it wrong with the game! What do you LOVE about the game ?

It can be something HUGE or something small, like the sound the RWD P30 LMP1 makes when it shifts (the phhteww sound, wastegate ? don't know) or the fact they are giving us a free car every month and a DLC, that's HUGE to me! Love it!

Give the game some much deserved love!

BTW any game will have issues long after release, no game is ever 100%! With that covered please don't turn this thread into another bickering contest!

Jescott71
22-02-2016, 18:33
A lot of people dislike this but I love the amount of GT cars that are in the game (especially GT3) and the variety that creates during races.

I also love the timed races option that was introduced for QRW. Those two features there are probably where I spend most of my time in the game. :)

Invincible
22-02-2016, 18:34
I love the feeling when I win a long race by tenths of a second, covered in sweat and grinning like a maniac! An experience which only pcars have me so far.

Other games leave me like: yeah, I won. Whatever. Whilst pcars makes me feel like I really deserved to win. I had to battle for it, swear and sweat and make whatever I could so I can say: victory is mine!

Konan
22-02-2016, 18:37
Not commenting yet...i'm waiting for this thread to come to a close and then i'll put:
All those things combined....:cool:

Tomcul
22-02-2016, 18:47
Adjustable fov and seat position and the proper working dashboards but really I could go on all night there's a lot to like..

TexasTyme214
22-02-2016, 18:50
I love just about everything this game has to offer but what sticks out is the feel of the throttle and different engines.

Mahjik
22-02-2016, 18:54
Tire model

I've cursed sims for years around their tire models.. Even arguing with Simbin about the (lack of) low speed grip back on the HighGear forums when their first mod came out. ;) There are so many things that this tire model does so well that I really miss the smaller things when attempting to drive any other sim.

mr_belowski
22-02-2016, 18:55
Top of the mountain at Bathurst, right foot buried right in, rain pissing down, brake lights come on in front, then 2 seconds of furious panic while you desperately try to avoid a massive accident. Awesome.

Scuderia Paul
22-02-2016, 19:02
My favourite thing about PCars is the Toyota TS040-HYBRID of course!

After that, I love the feeling of actually racing. I only play on console and PCars has delivered the proper racing experience I have craved for so long. It is the best racing experience I have had and I can overlook many of the silly design decisions and unreliability because it is so enjoyable.

The car and circuit rosters also deserve praise.

Sankyo
22-02-2016, 19:06
I would love to see more Mazdas in the game.

Anyway, I always love the graphics of shiny cars in a setting sun in front of me. Simple and small thing, but because it's done so well it sucks me in completely :)

kevin kirk
22-02-2016, 19:38
I like that the game is made so that it has many lifes spans. I can play for a while until I get tried of the way it plays. Then I can go into the options,change the control settings and have a new game that feels and drives completely different. My favorite thing about it is the testing of the weather and time progression, car setups and control setting is endless. I can never say I have fully tested every thing that's in the game.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
22-02-2016, 19:46
I love the feel and variety most of all. The connection between my wheel and the virtual road just feels better than in any sim I've played in over two decades of simming, and the game has the variety to keep me satisfied for over 5 years running, even without mods (which is a first).

Fanapryde
22-02-2016, 20:02
Total immersion...that sums it up for me...

McClusky
22-02-2016, 20:10
I love that I can start a race at noon then have it turn into evening then into night at the timing I choose

I also love being able to dictate what weather I’ll see during a racing

I love the support from the community and SMS

I love the many FFB options (even though I don’t understand it all)

I love how immersed I get while driving, it is second to none

I love that SMS was bold enough to step out of the “norm” to create this gem

FS7
22-02-2016, 20:14
-solo mode options: this is the main reason why I consider PCars the best racing experience one can get on console. All the options available allow me to create a variety of different scenarios and give the game a lot of replay value. It could have better multiclass options, though.
-selection of modern open-wheel cars: this is one of the reasons why I bought PCars. I'm a big fan of open-wheel racing, Formula A/B/C/Gulf + the tracks that were available on launch were enough to keep me busy for a very long time, I saw the other car classes available as a nice bonus. SMS recently added the Formula Renault and Indycar is coming soon, both cars make the modern open-wheel selection even better.
-tracks: PCars has the biggest selection of real track locations on console. Imo tracks have more replay value than cars.

AbeWoz
22-02-2016, 20:16
everything, i love everything about the game. the graphics, the details, realism, customization of QRW, the career, everything. Even all the glitches/bugs/quirks that give the game character and a personality.

TheDoctor46
22-02-2016, 20:24
Just did a 6 lap QR w/ 15 opponents@90% in the Bentley after beeing absent for quite a time to try out the crew chief app...it was bonkers! The app itself is sublime and the AI was very overwhelming. This is what I like about pCARS. Jump in and have fun w/o fiddling with settings for half a day if you dont have much time to spare :rolleyes:

balderz002
22-02-2016, 20:50
Racing at night, at Le Mans. In Group C, late 90's GT1, and I actually like driving the Mustang Trans Am too.........

oneBIGkicker
22-02-2016, 21:01
the feel

Raging Bull
22-02-2016, 21:15
I love, love this game. Yes it has some issues (What game doesn't) but what it does right, it REALLY does right. I only played Gran Turismo in the past, and it was slowly killing my joy of racing as their games got worse and worse. This game is everything I wanted in a sim racer.

I love that fact that I actually have to race the AI. I love the fact that everything looks and feels so real. I love that I can do an 8 hour race with my son and we are never bored for a moment (Not even when I'm the one watching and not driving). I honostly could go on and on about all the things I like about this game.

My only worry is that they will start to go in the wrong directions with PC2. I hope I am really wrong and that they keep doing everything that makes this game great.....and more.

F1_Racer68
22-02-2016, 21:33
It's all the little detail things that are just so right that I love. There are far to many to mention, but as an example.

Late afternoon, sun slowly setting, and your vision gets hampered by the flash of light reflecting off of your opponents rear window.....

It's the little details like this that go so far beyond what other sims currently offer to give you the true immersion I am looking for. For every one of the niggling bugs and issues so many complain about, there are at least 3 things that I can think of that make this sim sooooooooooo good.

The only major detail that is missing are the wallaby at Bathurst :D

Patrick Kulinski
22-02-2016, 21:42
I would love to see more Mazdas in the game.

Anyway, I always love the graphics of shiny cars in a setting sun in front of me. Simple and small thing, but because it's done so well it sucks me in completely :)
The WMD theorem: in forums talking about Project CARS, after approximately 12 posts every thread becomes a car request thread.

What I like most is the people here. Lots of passionate racers, some fast, some slow, but the big part of them is friendly and fair to each other. The other thing that keeps me hooked is the changing environmental conditions. I still remember participating in an endurance race, seeing the sun rise over the Nordschleife after the night has passed. Those laps, when the sky went from black to shining yellow and then to blue... plain magnificence.

Rambo_Commando
22-02-2016, 22:09
For some reason I like the AI. I have it set to 100% and it's great in the Formula Rookie. They are unpredictable and you really need to think twice about where you overtake.

MysterG
22-02-2016, 22:20
Unlocked content.
I love the fact I can in a spare 15 minutes jump in and drive anything, anywhere without having to do any sort of grind which I don't have time for.

The fact it feels pretty damn real and looks great does not hurt either.

Flat_out
22-02-2016, 22:48
Love the variations in cars.The large GT3 field.
Think the AI are pretty good, but the winner for me in this game is the Tracks.

There is a track for everyone in this game and the variety means you don't get bored driving 8-10 tracks over and over!

klorptar
22-02-2016, 22:53
It has nearly unlimited replayability. I have almost 400 hours in this game since launch, and I still play it nearly every day. Everything is unlocked from the beginning, and it makes it feel like a sandbox game.

All of the cars feel so different and appropriate that as soon as I get bored (temporarily) with driving one type, I can switch to another variety and it feels perfectly new again.

I also just got the T3PA pro pedals and the TH8A shifter, and banging gears with a clutch and H-pattern is so satisfying. It does a good job of simulating a realistic bite point on the clutch. It even makes a horrible grinding noise when you miss your shift.

Changing time and weather is also amazing. Seeing the sunset and sunrise while doing the 24 hours of Le Mans (2.4 hours for me) is one of my favorite gaming moments.

NemethR
22-02-2016, 22:53
What I love about it?!

Hmm, there are so many things...

But what I love the most is when you are driving into the sunset, its just beautiful, the game looks stunning, i love how you hear the raindrops hitting the roof of the car...

Driving at night, a multi class race, in front there are two cars battling for position, the wonderful glow of the brake lights, suddenly someone behind is flashing the light, engines scream, and an LMP1 just drives past you as if you would be standing still, the sound of shifting back the gears in the car, brake disks are glowing, and you feel like f***g actually being there at the 24h of Le Mans...

I like driving Bathurst, when from the Cutting till the Forests Elbow, you hold your breath, and try to squeeze the car through that narrow line that is the racetrack, arriving at the Top of the Mountain and descending into hell itself... Then finally catching breath at Conrod straight...

I love when cars try to go side-by-side through the Caroussel at the Nürburgring, every corner of that track, sometimes I just drive laps at it, and my head goes:
Flugplatz - full throttle, Swedenkreuz, back to 2nd, Fuchsröhre, hitting 6th at the bottom, don't lift for the left hander, full throttle, Adenauer Frost back to 3rd, then 2nd, then the right hander, and accelerate, tiny lift for Metzgesfeld, and then back to 2nd, Kallenhard, 4th gear to the blind "S" , don't lift, then tiny lift through the 3 right handers...

I love drifting the Clio through tight-twisty turns, speaking of the Clio, cold tires at Graham Hill bend, is EPIC!

I love the Focus RS, and RUF RGT-8, those are by far my favorite road cars, they are just so nice to drive...

I love driving the old cars (Lotus 49, Ford GT Mk IV), it always reminds me, to respect the drivers who were fighting these cars back in the 60's, you cannot just drive brainlessly with these, you have to carefully use throttle, and brakes, or you die. - simple as that, those were rolling weapons compared to today's machines, and I love driving these.

But after a long night of racing seeing the sunrise in the game, is one of the things I love the most.

I love the details, like in Dubai the sky being red-ish, when she sun starts going down, because sand particles in the air are painting the sky red...

I love ... so many things about this game...

1170 hours driven, says it all... :)

MISTER WU
22-02-2016, 23:30
i guess the ability to race tracks and cars that others pay for but you have not paid for your self is awesome, most other games wont allow you to do that.
the GFX are insane and im not sure about other sims but for me the FFB feels fine and the overall game play is fine, the sounds of some cars when you are approaching them sounds like a buzz box (Mosquito) which can be a downside.

The main thing i like is it helps me relax after a stressful day, a few beers and or wine and a few races always makes me feel really amped up and then relaxed and i even turn around to see if the missus has just watched my awesome race only to find she is reading her iPad.

Haiden
22-02-2016, 23:44
The graphics, open wheel racing, and the selection of tracks and session option, for sure. But the immersion level is like no other game I've played. I love that feeling you get when you're totally in the flow, trailing a car, and you see something--subconsciously, because if asked later, you'd be hard pressed to describe it--a weakness, a gap, an opportunity... Whatever it is, you see it, and you sieze it. When you pull those moves off and come away clean, it's an awesome feeling. And if you've got Crew Chief running, hearing "nice move, mate. F'ing brilliant" is icing on the cake. :)

DreamsKnight
23-02-2016, 00:27
It helped me to get out of the worst moment of my life.

And Ian Bell. :D

Lewis Puppy
23-02-2016, 02:39
I don't have a lot of time to play video games and PCARS is the only game that I've played in the last 5 months. I mostly play just one or two days a week and I've logged 101 hours playing solo quick race weekends. I love that there's over 80 cars and 80 different track layouts, so I play a different car & track combo every day. It definitely keeps things fresh and different. I play without a racing line so I love having to learn the different track layouts. I play with cockpit view, no assists, stick shift on certain cars, but with damage & tire wear off since I race against strictly AI. Every racing game has challenges with creating the perfect AI, and this game is also far from perfect. But I think this AI is the best there currently is. I just go with default car setups, do multiple 20 min practice sessions until I feel comfortable enough to do a 20 min qualy. Then I do a 30 min race or two against 23 AI cars, which usually equates to around 20 laps. I love a good fight from the AI cars so I set the difficulty level where I'm thrilled finishing anywhere between 5th and 10th place. I've raced only 40 cars so far so I'm not even halfway through driving all the cars. Then I log all my results in an excel file.

I love the graphics, sounds and all the details in the game. I can see myself only playing this game for another 5 months (probably longer).

Krus Control
23-02-2016, 02:59
For me the FFB takes the cake. It has amazed me more than any other single aspect. The malleability and sheer power of the FFB system is amazing. And the result on my TX after lots of tinkering is more amazing. It still drops my jaw every time I feel it.

Shogun613
23-02-2016, 05:22
I love everything about this game, especially:
The setup complexity. I have a passion for both learning new things and racing, so every testing session in free practice is like therapy to me.
No grinding. I love the fact that I don't have to compete in the "Yaris Cup" or any similar waste of time to get to the cars that I love.
The physics and sound. Love the fact that this game requires actual racing skills and understanding, and I thank God that the cars don't sound like vaccum cleaners.

This is the racing sim I've been waiting for as a console user.

Rambo_Commando
23-02-2016, 05:55
I love everything about this game, especially:
The setup complexity. I have a passion for both learning new things and racing, so every testing session in free practice is like therapy to me.
No grinding. I love the fact that I don't have to compete in the "Yaris Cup" or any similar waste of time to get to the cars that I love.
The physics and sound. Love the fact that this game requires actual racing skills and understanding, and I thank God that the cars don't sound like vaccum cleaners.

This is the racing sim I've been waiting for as a console user.

Lol. The good old Yaris cup. I remember those days.

seb02
24-02-2016, 09:47
I love all the options and settings that we are offered in the game.
Firstly at the level of driving: lowering/raising the seat for cockpit view (maybe a little detail for some but for me, it's great), aids on/off, fuel consumption, tire wear...
But also at the level of the QRW : number of rounds, IA, date, weather, cycle day/night, this really is a great success at this level.
Thanks SMS for that.

Enkidu
24-02-2016, 10:39
The selection of tracks. So many classic ones such as Monza, Nordschleife etc are in there. This was actually my number one reason for purchasing the game in the first place.

Also: All cars and tracks are unlocked from the start - if I want unlockables I can just stick to real life.

In general, I like the attitude of the developers and the direction they have taken with this game. This is also very promising when it comes to pCARS 2.

danowat
24-02-2016, 10:44
The racing.

No game has come close (for me) to replicating close, inch from each others bumper, racing as PCars has.

Ingo_Schwartz
24-02-2016, 10:58
Yeah the racing is for sure the best thing about this game overall!

I just did a Practice and Qualifying at Road America in the Tri-Nations GT Championship (Audi R8 GT3) and upped the difficulty from 60 to just 65 and that made a huge difference, now instead of being 3+ seconds ahead of next driver in 2nd place I came second in the practice with a difference of 0.00.042 and first in qualifying with a difference of 0.00.052 now THAT is amazing! Makes me kick myself for not upping the difficulty before! But maybe all the practice at 60 made the difference! Probably done about 70hours of GT3 at 60 :o

danowat
24-02-2016, 11:02
Yeah the racing is for sure the best thing about this game overall!

I just did a Practice and Qualifying at Road America in the Tri-Nations GT Championship (Audi R8 GT3) and upped the difficulty from 60 to just 65 and that made a huge difference, now instead of being 3+ seconds ahead of next driver in 2nd place I came second in the practice with a difference of 0.00.042 and first in qualifying with a difference of 0.00.052 now THAT is amazing! Makes me kick myself for not upping the difficulty before! But maybe all the practice at 60 made the difference! Probably done about 70hours of GT3 at 60 :o

Yup, agree, the close racing is pretty amazing in this game once you've got the AI settings dialled in.

way off topic, I see you're Icelandic, you are a lucky person to live in such an amazing country, I visited Iceland last year, and adored it, and will be returning again in October!

Konan
24-02-2016, 11:08
Stupid thread...my finger hurts from liking every post...lol

Laamapalmu
24-02-2016, 11:11
Mazda MX-5 with Alternate Handling mod. Don't care about anything else.

bmanic
24-02-2016, 11:17
The immersion. While not perfect, it's this game that fools my brain into thinking I'm actually there. No other sim/racing game comes even remotely close. They all feel a bit "spreadsheet" like and too sterile with tons of moments that pull you out of the flow. pCars very rarely does this. The graphics (and I run the lowest possible graphics settings on this laptop!!), the sounds, the physics, the awesome AI and the FFB make the immersion for me. 99% of the time I crash I can clearly understand why it happened. Over driving the car actually punishes you in this game. Under driving the car is also very easy to do. Finding that perfect groove, managing the tires and maintaining precision driving is so incredibly satisfying in this game.

Absolutely my favorite sim ever and I've been doing this since the very beginning of "serious" simracing (Indianapolis 500 probably being one of the first true sims for me).

Riccardo De Rosa
24-02-2016, 12:02
The immersion. While not perfect, it's this game that fools my brain into thinking I'm actually there. No other sim/racing game comes even remotely close. They all feel a bit "spreadsheet" like and too sterile with tons of moments that pull you out of the flow. pCars very rarely does this. The graphics (and I run the lowest possible graphics settings on this laptop!!), the sounds, the physics, the awesome AI and the FFB make the immersion for me. 99% of the time I crash I can clearly understand why it happened. Over driving the car actually punishes you in this game. Under driving the car is also very easy to do. Finding that perfect groove, managing the tires and maintaining precision driving is so incredibly satisfying in this game.

Absolutely my favorite sim ever
Also for me. I quoted you because your english :)

Fernandito
24-02-2016, 12:29
- Open wheels, specially FB. I can no longer play Codemasters F1 games and their simplistic physics. Project Cars is complex at least.
- The fact that you have to stay on the track lap after lap. Project cars seems to revolve around pure racing experience regardless Its semi-sim physcis, basically.
- That I'm a lot faster with the pad than with the wheel. This means I can play the more comfortable way as with any other game.
- Weather = win win win!!
- Some prototype cars, specially the Dallara, so I can have a break from the blast experience open wheels offer in project cars.
- Tracks = love

Dislikes:

- Project Cars AI = Maximum retardation. Worst AI ever, because making AI faster doesn't make her a better AI if she can't detect you 90% of the times. You can't race in a pack with this AI, specially on open wheels just because of this problem.
- That the AI will sure be just as retarded in PC2. I'm not falling into the "they're looking into it/rewriting it" bullshit. Things will stay the same as we all suspect, thanks to past experience with other franchises. Project Cars will be no different when It comes to this.
- GT3 ladies. They're like the plague, and use assists xD. You're a shame to the human kind

24-02-2016, 12:47
- Project Cars AI = Maximum retardation. Worst AI ever, because making AI faster doesn't make her a better AI if she can't detect you 90% of the times. You can't race in a pack with this AI, specially on open wheels just because of this problem. I always find it odd when I see comments like these, because I very rarely if ever have any issues with the AI, and certainly less issues than in most other sims, and their challenge and driving behavior has also been far above other sims I can think of right now with the possible exceptions of RRRE and Game Stock Car.

Admittedly I don't really drive open-wheelers, but I do get along with the AI really well, even though they could be a bit faster at 100%.

BigDad
24-02-2016, 12:55
The whole game , when It's working !
The evolution of the Wookie's PR skills .

m355y
24-02-2016, 13:05
When you're racing in a field of GT3 cars (which the Corvette and Caddy will boost further), everything is working and you're in the middle of an intense wheel to wheel battle with another driver, the game can feel brilliant. Whether you're in 2nd place fighting for the lead or 18th. That's the distinction from most other games. You get the racing 'feel' and the immersion that means that fighting for that one position is the most important thing in the world at that moment.

I'm not going to lie. Overall, compared with my expectations, what was originally announced and so on, the game is such a disappointment that I'm really going to think long and hard before buying the sequel. But when it works, it's very satisfying.

Bealdor
24-02-2016, 13:36
- GT3 ladies. They're like the plague, and use assists xD. You're a shame to the human kind

You've been warned once already Fernandito. Cut off your elitism complex and stop insulting other forum members, not to mention your inappropriate language.
Consider this your final warning.

chig88
24-02-2016, 14:06
Getting to learn & love tracks I've never raced on before (Road America, Sonoma etc).

Ingo_Schwartz
24-02-2016, 14:12
Yup, agree, the close racing is pretty amazing in this game once you've got the AI settings dialled in.

way off topic, I see you're Icelandic, you are a lucky person to live in such an amazing country, I visited Iceland last year, and adored it, and will be returning again in October!

Meh it's not so great when you live here... I live really close to Mount Hekla and I go to Geysir once per week during the winter and 2 - 3 times a week during summer... I'm over it!

It is beautiful don't get me wrong! But it get's boring :)

You should come in the summer sometime and take a trip to the West fjords, now THAT is beautiful, I went there for the first time in 2012 to work (used to drive a massive mining truck and hoping to do that again in the summer) and it blew me away! Such beauty, highly recommended! :cool:

- Open wheels, specially FB. I can no longer play Codemasters F1 games and their simplistic physics. Project Cars is complex at least.
- The fact that you have to stay on the track lap after lap. Project cars seems to revolve around pure racing experience regardless Its semi-sim physcis, basically.
- That I'm a lot faster with the pad than with the wheel. This means I can play the more comfortable way as with any other game.
- Weather = win win win!!
- Some prototype cars, specially the Dallara, so I can have a break from the blast experience open wheels offer in project cars.
- Tracks = love

Dislikes:

- Project Cars AI = Maximum retardation. Worst AI ever, because making AI faster doesn't make her a better AI if she can't detect you 90% of the times. You can't race in a pack with this AI, specially on open wheels just because of this problem.
- That the AI will sure be just as retarded in PC2. I'm not falling into the "they're looking into it/rewriting it" bullshit. Things will stay the same as we all suspect, thanks to past experience with other franchises. Project Cars will be no different when It comes to this.

What's wrong with using Assists ??? for someone like me that has not really done any type of simulation gaming before it's a great asset to have to start getting better at it and at some point I'll turn it all off but is that not the point of the game ? to make us better drivers as we progress ?

I have around 500 hours in game and I'm still not comfortable taking the assists off for any car but that's just my preference and should be my choice and not be mocked by some keyboard warrior on a crusade against everyone who does not play the game as they do! We're all different and that's how it should be!

The AI is great in this game and I truly and honestly don't see what the problem is with it! Sure they are aggressive but that is how it is in real racing!

bradleyland
24-02-2016, 15:42
I love the variety. ProjectCARS doesn't have the largest selection of cars, but the actual difference in the way the cars feel is spot on. It makes this game so much more enjoyable than many car racing games I've owned in the past.

As a car nut, I've owned a lot of different cars, ranging from a MkI Rabbit with manual everything (steering, brakes, and windows [remember those?!]), to an E92 M3 DCT with its race-bred S65, sporting ITBs and an 8,400 redline. Thinking back over all the cars I've owned, I found a way to have fun in every one of them; even the 75 HP MkI Rabbit! ProjectCARS delivers that same sensation.

I can hop in a Road D class FR-S and have a blast trying to carry momentum through the tight switchbacks of California Hwy.

Later I can hop in the Sauber C9 and wrestle a 6:20 Nordschleife lap time out of the beast, rubbing my sore forearms at the conclusion of the stint.

I can slide in to an Aston Martin DBR1 for a few laps of Silverstone Classic, marveling at the courage it must have taken to go flat out on these tires that look better suited for a motorcycle than a race car.

After that, I can take a moment to stare at the beautiful Zonda Cinque Roadster before blasting along Azure Coast.

All of these driving experiences bring something fun, exciting, and distinct to the table. Sometimes it's the raw speed, sometimes it's the way the car moves around, sometimes it's the challenge of keeping a slow car moving quickly. That's the kind of variety that keeps a racing simulator fun forever. So long as you enjoy driving, you'll enjoy the game.

FS7
24-02-2016, 16:50
I love the variety. ProjectCARS doesn't have the largest selection of cars, but the actual difference in the way the cars feel is spot on. It makes this game so much more enjoyable than many car racing games I've owned in the past.
Imo the great thing about PCars is that it provides me with lots of interesting things to do with the cars, unlike GT6 which have 1200+ cars but there's nothing interesting to do with them.

Knightfall
24-02-2016, 16:52
This one is easy for me. The immersion. When I start racing, I forget about everything else around me. Often I use video games as stress relief and a break from 'real life' and pCars does a RIDICULOUSLY good job of making me forget about my surroundings.. Good or bad.

hkraft300
24-02-2016, 17:08
+1 to the details.
That painstaking, OCD level of detail in every car.
From spring/damper options to the gauges, the dashboard reflection on the screen...
The way every car feels so different and unique (except maybe the Oreca and Alpine. They feel the same).
Even the varied feel of different eras.

What gets me though is the stress. The anxiety of the pit stop gamble when weather is expected to change.
Making your car go one more lap when the tyres are worn and track is cold because pit strategy. Tyre management, their dynamics... Its a bloody nightmare. Having to concentrate so hard to keep your rhythm that if someone clears their throat over the mic in an MP race you want to tear them a new one...

Love it!

A buzzin hornet
24-02-2016, 17:25

As a car nut, I've owned a lot of different cars, ranging from a MkI Rabbit with manual everything (steering, brakes, and windows [remember those?!]), to an E92 M3 DCT with its race-bred S65, sporting ITBs and an 8,400 redline. Thinking back over all the cars I've owned, I found a way to have fun in every one of them; even the 75 HP MkI Rabbit! ProjectCARS delivers that same sensation.

I can hop in a Road D class FR-S and have a blast trying to carry momentum through the tight switchbacks of California Hwy.

Later I can hop in the Sauber C9 and wrestle a 6:20 Nordschleife lap time out of the beast, rubbing my sore forearms at the conclusion of the stint.

I can slide in to an Aston Martin DBR1 for a few laps of Silverstone Classic, marveling at the courage it must have taken to go flat out on these tires that look better suited for a motorcycle than a race car.

After that, I can take a moment to stare at the beautiful Zonda Cinque Roadster before blasting along Azure Coast.

All of these driving experiences bring something fun, exciting, and distinct to the table. Sometimes it's the raw speed, sometimes it's the way the car moves around, sometimes it's the challenge of keeping a slow car moving quickly. That's the kind of variety that keeps a racing simulator fun forever. So long as you enjoy driving, you'll enjoy the game.

Yup this game is the mutts nuts

FS7
24-02-2016, 17:30
One thing that's really cool in PCars is that in addition to qualifying in solo mode there's also the option instead to have race only and choose my position on the grid. That combined with adjustable AI difficulty and same car/same class/multiclass options enables me to create a variety of scenarios.

cluck
24-02-2016, 17:32

Absolutely my favorite sim ever and I've been doing this since the very beginning of "serious" simracing (Indianapolis 500 probably being one of the first true sims for me).Just to expand on this, with the Oculus Rift I have found the immersion and feeling of 'being there' like no other.

I love the fact that I instinctively reach for the handbrake when I'm starting a race on a slight hill. I don't have a handbrake on my rig and never have had one.
I love the fact that I try and cool my hands on the virtual air vents and get confused when I can't feel the draught.
I love the fact that it takes my brain a moment to catch up when I try and look at the time on my watch and wonder why my virtual arms haven't moved.
I love the fact that I instinctively move my hands up to shield my eyes from the glare of the setting sun.
I love the fact that Project CARS can convince my brain so utterly, so comprehensively that I might actually be in a racecar on a race track, racing against real people.
I love Project CARS.

falm
24-02-2016, 17:38
The AI, but this is some sort of Love/Hate relationship. Some Car / Track combos are perfectly balanced, some not (just try the KTM at Bannochbrae in a single class race).

Enkidu
24-02-2016, 19:34
Imo the great thing about PCars is that it provides me with lots of interesting things to do with the cars, unlike GT6 which have 1200+ cars but there's nothing interesting to do with them.

True, the number of cars in pCARS have never bothered me, it's not the quantity the matters but the selection. Personally, and I think this is true for many people, I try to master a few cars instead of just cycle through all of them. I probably spend about 90% of the time with less than 15% of the cars, in fact I haven't even tried some of the cars.

Konan
24-02-2016, 19:42
True, the number of cars in pCARS have never bothered me, it's not the quantity the matters but the selection. Personally, and I think this is true for many people, I try to master a few cars instead of just cycle through all of them. I probably spend about 90% of the time with less than 15% of the cars, in fact I haven't even tried some of the cars.

Ditto here...bought all DLC but haven't even touched the majority of the cars....makes me wan't to come back for more since there' still so much to explore....
To answer the question of the OP: all of the above (and all posts still to come)
There...i think i covered everything now :cool:

Shogun613
24-02-2016, 19:50
Just to expand on what I love a little bit, I absolutely love the free camera rotation during replays. I think I might try to make a little cinematic using Sharefactory on PS4.

Foofer37
04-03-2016, 17:51
I wanted to start a discussion about all of the great things that make Project Cars so awesome.

Please take a moment to post up what you believe makes Project Cars so great. Please mention all the features, nuances, etc. that you love about this wonderful simulation.

There's only room here for what we love about this title. This leaves no room for critical comments. There's already been too much time spent on those.

With the moderator's help this could be great and very constructive. We all want to look forward to the future of this title and contribute to making it even greater!

Regards, Pete.

AbeWoz
04-03-2016, 17:55
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45245-What-do-you-love-about-the-game

Umer Ahmad
04-03-2016, 17:56
No ranting/hating please...just this thread. Rant elsewhere!

Konan
04-03-2016, 18:03
No ranting/hating please...just this thread. Rant elsewhere!

Ehm...rather not elsewhere either....

Phill
04-03-2016, 18:16
Not one thing sticks out for me I find it very rounded and enjoyable, helps to keep me sane. You'll find me (dranddad) on most days just soaking up the great sounds and scenery in the game.

Top job SMS

04-03-2016, 18:32
I love the massive variety. I especially love that this was the first proper PC sim with a significant amount of road car content (though this counts development, since AC managed to kinda snatch that by releasing earlier). I never run out of things to do or try.

I love the physics, the connection between the car and the road feels most like rubber out of all sims I've tried, and I'm not far off if I say I've tried all of them. I love all the little things that no-one else does, like altitude affecting power output dynamically across a lap, not just per session.

I love the graphics, even if I've sort of gotten used to them a bit over the past 4-5 years. The game still looks fantastic.

I love how the game made me learn more about how real cars work, and getting me started on the setup calculator that has proven itself to be a supremely effective tool when setting up a car.

I love the WMD community, as well as a large part of the post-release pCARS community. I've made some great friends there.

Yet still, I think for me, personally, the best thing about pCARS wasn't the game, it was the whole process of making it, being properly involved in shaping a serious entry into very contested territory, and showing many people what is possible nowadays. Learning insane amounts about how game development works in practice, getting to know the various developers, helping them, being helped by them, getting the inside scoop on things to come years in advance. WMD changed my perspective completely when it comes to games, and has made me appreciate every game that manages to come out as the achievement that it is.

Foofer37
04-03-2016, 18:36
I think the greatest feature of PCars is it's focus. Racing. Many titles (games, if you prefer) claim to be racing games. Yet after you spend time with them, they are nothing of the sort. They are games in which you can pick a car perhaps and start driving around and perhaps earn money etc. and accomplish some sort of goal. That really is what those games are all about. I only mention this because in contrast to those sorts of titles, this is what shows PCars to be so awesome. Project Cars is a racing simulator and nothing else. That is what it proves it's true focus to be. This is what so many of us really want. We are the true race fans. So many of us can't afford a real race car or are not in a position to be on a real race team, yet we wish we could. We know racing. We know most of what can be known about racing. Yet, we are not in a position to do it for a living. Project Cars lets us live it. It allows us to simulate it and bring us as close to the real experience as possible. Project Cars' format, design, focus is exactly this. Nothing else comes close in this regard. The developers truly had this in mind when they conceived it. And we thank them for it.

F1_Racer68
04-03-2016, 19:27
I think the greatest feature of PCars is it's focus. Racing. Many titles (games, if you prefer) claim to be racing games. Yet after you spend time with them, they are nothing of the sort. They are games in which you can pick a car perhaps and start driving around and perhaps earn money etc. and accomplish some sort of goal. That really is what those games are all about. I only mention this because in contrast to those sorts of titles, this is what shows PCars to be so awesome. Project Cars is a racing simulator and nothing else. That is what it proves it's true focus to be. This is what so many of us really want. We are the true race fans. So many of us can't afford a real race car or are not in a position to be on a real race team, yet we wish we could. We know racing. We know most of what can be known about racing. Yet, we are not in a position to do it for a living. Project Cars lets us live it. It allows us to simulate it and bring us as close to the real experience as possible. Project Cars' format, design, focus is exactly this. Nothing else comes close in this regard. The developers truly had this in mind when they conceived it. And we thank them for it.

You have just described me and my feelings and attitude towards virtual racing to a "T".

It is as close as I will ever get to being able to experience being a part of a racing series/team. I will never be able to have a career in that area (too old now), but running a serious league and putting in all the work to be competitive is my way of experiencing it.

Project CARS allows me to truly experience it on a budget (Smaller than a real car, but can still be expensive!). The technical accuracy of the cars, the physics and the engineering involved in setting the car up perfectly is fantastic.

I mentioned before that there are far too many things to identify when it comes to what I love about Project CARS. It is the entire package. The graphics, the physics, the attention to detail, the level of immersion, the support for 3rd party add-ons (Second screen apps, Crew Chief, telemetry, even game mods).

Sure, there are still things that need improving, but as a package, Project CARS is the best racing sim on the market at the moment. The input from great teams and drivers alone (i.e. Pratt & Miller and Tommy Milner providing input on the Corvette C7.R) helps to ensure that this sim provides the closest thing to reality you will find.

Now all they need to do to make it complete is figure out a way to provide the exhaust fume smell............

FS7
04-03-2016, 20:04
I think the greatest feature of PCars is it's focus. Racing.
Agreed.
The focus of the game isn't having lots of random clones of boring cars, it's proper racing, and that's why I think it would be more appropriate to call the game Project Racing.

Sum Dixon-Ear
04-03-2016, 20:17
The sensation of actually being in a race, coupled with the physics/FFB is just outstanding.

Myself and my old last gen racing mates have all spent money upgrading our rigs... for what... for this game. I've merely upgraded with displays and button boxes etc, whereas they have invested in better wheels, pedals, rigs... everything... for what.... for this game.

A quick look at the 'show us yer rig' thread has countless others doing exactly the same and more... for what... for this game.

You must be doing something right when people on modest incomes spend big money to enjoy a 'wee game' to the maximum of their ability.

FS7
04-03-2016, 20:25
Myself and my old last gen racing mates have all spent money upgrading our rigs... for what... for this game. I've merely upgraded with displays and button boxes etc, whereas they have invested in better wheels, pedals, rigs... everything... for what.... for this game.
Working on a project rig to play Project CARS, that's nice.

hkraft300
05-03-2016, 02:03
+1 to all of that. The learning curve has been immensely enlightening.
Just moved house and don't have internet hooked up yet, so I've been doing some Solo races of my preference (QRW) and I forget the AI are AI. I'm only on about 85% AI pace at best and the battles on track are just fantastic.
The escapism this game provides me is unmatched.

05-03-2016, 02:07
What I love about the game is the pure racing online with friends/people that know how to race, and most importantly without contact.

Cheesenium
05-03-2016, 02:14
+1 to all of that. The learning curve has been immensely enlightening.
Just moved house and don't have internet hooked up yet, so I've been doing some Solo races of my preference (QRW) and I forget the AI are AI. I'm only on about 85% AI pace at best and the battles on track are just fantastic.
The escapism this game provides me is unmatched.

I don't know about other people, I don't find Pcars AI to be terrible like many people still claiming. No doubt that it has issues, like cut tracks, a little slow and sometimes pits you off the road but generally, it is really competent as a whole. It is also one of the few games where the AI does defend its position and some AI on the field are faster than others. I had so many fun battles in this game where it is hard to find in other games.

The pitting is definitely not as bad as AC or R3E but the main thing is, you need to respect the drivers position and racing line in racing. Treat them like a real driver competing for the race, not drones on the road. Once you respect other drivers and make decisions based on that, the pitting issue is a lot less prominent. The AI knows how to brake quickly where many games couldn't.

However, I think the corner cutting and AI being slow for faster players is a bigger issue too where I hope SMS will rectify it in the sequel or via a patch.

05-03-2016, 03:22
Gonna throw a wrench, and say that one of my favorite things about pCARS is that it still caters for people who aren't that interested in racing. 95% of the time I'm just driving for my own amusement, and it definitely delivers. =)

hkraft300
05-03-2016, 04:35
Wrench indeed.
1/3 of the time I'm on pcars I'm just in FP tuning and practicing, so I can't argue with you there.
Slowly working my way through career mode too I've only just got to the Palmer Jags.
I've come to realise I agree with Cheesy in that I can't just treat the AI like I have in previous games. They move around, and battle you. The times I've been hit I know I made a reckless move and the AI just didn't "see" me. When I position myself in their "view" and in an advantageous position, they concede to avoid contact, more so in open wheelers than LMP cars. In LMP I've had the odd paint swapper but nothing to knock me off. The cut track moves by the AI I've seen have been to avoid collision!
Can't race the AI in this game like in GT/Forza and expect them to be static or just yield position.
Top job, SMS.

Cheesenium
05-03-2016, 05:03
Sometimes when the AI pits me, a lot of times it is due to me trying to slip into their racing line with little space for them to slow down or avoid you. Try doing that in real life, you probably get rear ended.

Learn that the hard way in AC as you really need to respect their AI lines as their AI does not know how how avoid you at all where now, I do get some really good races in AC too.

Rambo_Commando
05-03-2016, 06:15
I'm surprise not much people mentioned this but one of the greatest thing in this game are the tracks. I'm not talking about the number of tracks but more so the tracks themselves. The look and feel, the ups and downs, the bumps and dips, the leaves on the tracks that get kicked up into the air. The tracks in Pcars actually make you feel like your there. Nothing beats sitting at the starting grid holding the brakes so the car doesn't roll forwards or back. No other racing game comes close to Pcars in this department. My hat goes off to those responsible for making these tracks. You guys and girls should get a well deserved raise.

obalouafi
05-03-2016, 16:16
everything , you just can't find a negative thing in it

ingrobny
05-03-2016, 17:31
I love the sound on each car (listen and learn pholyphony digital)
I love that all cars have interior (another feature pholyphony digital must learn)
I love that all cars is premium (not all cars in Gran Turismo 6 is premium)
I love career mode
I love all DLC which is very cheap compared to the content in each DLC
I love all classes, especially GT3 class
I love all the settings, we can adjust almost every settings (maybe all?)
I love the weather changes during practice, qualifying and races
I love that we have the opportunity to practice and qualify before races
I love that we have both grid start and rolling start
I love the variety of cars
I love the low amount of cars, quality over quantity
I love that there is no tire restrictions ( it's almost like Project Cars are saying, you want to use slicks in a thunderstorm? with full damage and mechanical failure on? go ahead, i won't stop you, but don't come crying to the pit crew, when your car is damaged beyond all repair and ready for the scrapyard)

Mascot
05-03-2016, 18:42
I love that SMS provided the framework to enable companion apps on the PS4. Crew Chief and pCARS Dash are simply brilliant additions to an already authentic and immersive sim and if you are at all serious about Project CARS, you need them in your life. Trust me.

shiftee
07-03-2016, 15:30
I love the particle system. playing in 4k it just looks AWESOME having bits of dirt and grass flying past me as a car in front gets a wheel off the track. the clouds of dirt and smoke look great, bits of rubber, leaves. I wish there was an ultra setting so I could pump it up more!

hell, I wish there was a slider to control how often AI cars slide off track a little more so i could see even more glorious particles. I even hate being in first place, as the game is so beautiful when you have other cars in front. they look so real, and like they are really driving on the road surface, you can see the suspension shift etc. just sooooo immersive. I came from console (Forza 1-5), and I'm never going back :)

can't wait for Pcars 2!

Montana.BE
07-03-2016, 18:43
I like the tracks, because most of the best tracks are in the game
I love the old 90's DTM and the even older Ford Capri
I love the effects with the sun glare and such
I like the easy menu system

Montana.BE
07-03-2016, 18:45
everything , you just can't find a negative thing in it

No ... that is for another thread. Where is it ?

hkraft300
08-03-2016, 09:21
The tuning. How every car is so responsive to minor tweaks. Revel in my inner race mechanic (using Jussi's calculator though, lol)

Edit: the community. From the guys developing telemetry and dash apps, the way the devs support the 3rd party stuff, to Jussi's and Jimmyb's work, to the sharing of knowledge and information to spur each other on and help each other get quicker...

Lewis Puppy
08-03-2016, 14:02
16 lap race around Dubai Int'l in a Caterham Superlight R500 driving stick...Pure heaven!

hkraft300
08-03-2016, 14:35
Try that at Bannochbrae ^
I love the options. Customise and play the game how you like: gamepad? Tune it to a T. Full sim rig with bells and whistle? options for days...
Feel like a winter endurance race at night in the wet? Why not!
Want to watch the sunset on a lovely summer evening while you practice? Enjoy!

FS7
08-03-2016, 15:10
I love some of the fictional cars made by SMS: Formula A/B/C, Superkart, RWD LMP1, RWD LMP2.
Sure there's some real cars I'd like to be included in the game but I think SMS did a great job with the cars above and I really enjoy driving them.

Salty Dog
08-03-2016, 15:26
Great Tracks
Amazing graphics
Car sounds
The handling of most of the cars
The in depth tunings
The liveries
The no in game gimmicks like having to earn money to buy cars
The fact i can jump into the game and drive any car i like or do what ever i like without having to jump through hoops put into games by devs to try and keep people interested, PC doesnt need that stuff.
The decent priced DLC
The fact that the Devs/Ian communicate with us and include the community
I love that we have the game on PS4, its the only game that provides console users with an in depth racing experience imo.

Theres tonnes to love about this game, im so grateful we have it on console.

Chrisps
09-03-2016, 00:56
I like all of the cars in the game I also like the formula cars in the game I also like the sound of the cars I like that the weather changes in the game to been sunny to raining I like the prices of the DLCs for this game I also relly like the formula Renault cars in the game I bout that DLC just for that car I also like that we have Indy cars and ford stock cars that look like the 2016 Nascar cars. I also like the handling of the formula Renault cars and the ford stocks cars I also like the graphics in this game the best graphics I have seen in a racing game and I have played a lot of racing games I am glad that I bougt a PlayStation 4 last year I have been enjoying this wonderful racing game 2 days before Christmas. I can'nt wait to get project cars 2 for the PlayStation 4 when it comes out sometime soon.

pollinho123
09-03-2016, 12:22
I really like the variety and the challenges that pCars offers. If I get bored by a specific car/track combination I can just pick a new combination and have a totally new challenge. I also like, that I still have lots of content to explore, I still really didn't try racing in wet conditions for example, let alone a mixed conditions. At least not in an competitive field.
What I absolutely love and what propably is my favorite feature is the day/night cycle. There is just not a better racing experience than fighting against the sun at sunset, adapting to total darkness and than get close to sunrise and get back to normal visibility. That in combination with the weather is just such an brilliant thing to see and amazes me everytime I do those races.

Salty Dog
09-03-2016, 12:46
One of the best things is theres lots of race cars to get the real race track experience, it feels like the game is more race car orientated instead of street cars and id hate for that to ever change, the more race cars the merrier.

FS7
09-03-2016, 17:16
Although I prefer race cars over road cars I really enjoy doing track days with some of the road cars.
Solo mode, pick a car, pick a track, maximum number of AI opponents, multiclass, practice length between 20-60 minutes.

Poulka
11-03-2016, 11:11
What I love are the options. I am a single race guy. So if I have 10 minutes to spare I can put in PCars and do my own custom heat race. I create my own racing series set up times, dates, and locations and have at it.

The best single moment on this game I forgot which layout, but I did an early morning race at Mojave. Coming up the side of one the mountains I saw the sun just coming up over the horizon. Now I have never had a game that gives a beautiful backdrop while in an intense door battle. That my friends was a priceless moment. Most do that again soooon!!!!

DuMaDitMeDeoMe
31-08-2016, 08:28
If you drive a lowered car on the highway and you approach a sudden dip and you know you are going to bottom out...that clenching feeling that you get but your car doesn't bottom out...That's the feel when you play Project CARS. You can describe it as "on the edge of your seat."

MrA2theK
31-08-2016, 09:17
I love it all, forget the haters.

Cholton82
31-08-2016, 19:50
After playing AC I can put my finger on why I prefer PCars especially career , I like the overall management of the race car and its tyres .
Take GT3 in career , I like how I struggle sometimes with either one tyre overheating or not getting to optimal temperature , I like how sometimes my fuel is marginal so I have to adjust my pace or style and I don't get any of that in AC .

Sp00ky 1
04-09-2016, 17:23
I like the grafficcs, I like the big sellection of race cars & race classes, the big sellection of tracks, wether slots, night driving, damage looks good, its just a very good racing game, I wish I could force raceline off as a host in multiplayer, I wish the cars had better & more realistic light on when i do the night driving. only have a problem with bugs in single player...

TheBadBoyRay
04-09-2016, 18:34
So many great tracks

Mattman
05-09-2016, 22:51
I have owned this Sim from day 1 however i only recently started really driving this Sim because of the VR support. Now i dont understand what all the "hate mail" is about.
I think it is actually a very good Sim.
My Top Five Reasons are.

1. VR support is the best on offer ATM.
2. Variable Weather, track conditions, temperature etc, etc.
3. Fuel use, tire wear, and setup options.
4. Variety of cars and tracks. ( A couple more Australian tracks would be superb. Lol )
5. Immersion from FFB, Physics, VR, working dash, changing track conditions, graphics and VR and VR and Virtual Reality and Rift VR support.

Well Ok that may be more than 5 reasons but WTF.
Haha.

DerrellBiffle
07-09-2016, 00:41
The variety, and the helpful community.

CarlRaven
18-09-2016, 13:06
Dynamic weather, wide variety of GT3 and LMP1 cars, track list, custom liveries for PC, good choice of RL liveries for most cars.

bigal1000
18-09-2016, 13:52
I can only repeat what everyone has already stated here, it is the best racing sim you can buy bar none. There is something for everybody. Can't wait for Pcars 2 ..........

antonpaco
19-09-2016, 10:20
I love the long career and the goal of the game " RACE, RACE and RACE", I love the great number of challenges in PC.

Stewy32
19-09-2016, 11:56
Everything! All right, maybe I could give 1 negative. Er....(2 minutes later)Maybe they could have a real life Audi livery. But I love the cars ,tracks ,career ,community ,options, online, variety, quality and quantity. Oh, definitely the sound of the C7.R

Fanapryde
19-09-2016, 14:35
Except a few minor points (but this topic is about "love for the game") I love almost ALL of it.
I finished career on PS4 and (maybe I was just lucky - or smart to have only pCars on my HD) I had VERY few bugs.
Then I moved to PC, mainly for a triple screen setup and some more possibilities, finished career here too and had NO bugs.
I need sto stipulate that I only raced in SP.
I must have over 1200 hrs combined (rough guess).
I love the immersion pCars gives (no other sim comes even close). Graphics are the best, FFB is hard to get right, but once you succeed it is amongst the best.
Day/nigh transition, weather... no other sim can produce this for the moment.
Physics are great, car & track count, quality is top, AI keeps up with the best available.
A few minus points for:

It was not about that eh... :victorious:

jaredinhouston
19-09-2016, 17:03
So much to love about this game. Im a single player guy so career mode and quick race are my things. In car camera nothing beats the sight of the sun in your eyes, half the time I feel the need to grab some sunglasses. I enjoy having all assists off with difficulty at 85% and no tuning racing a full field of AI starting from the back and see where I can end up. Graphics and feel are perfect in my eyes. Amazing selection of cars and tracks. I enjoy that the AI actually race and dont just follow the train like on GT.

Zpectre87
19-09-2016, 17:40
Despite what other people think, IMO it really feels like a GTR3. And that's a great thing. They even remixed the menu song from GTR2!

Driving is pleasant, the atmosphere is great as well. I also love the changing conditions.

FS7
19-09-2016, 19:01
I've posted before about things I liked back when I played the PS4 version.
I've been playing the PC version for about 1 week and I'm really liking some of the custom liveries I've seen.

Rosinbag1
20-09-2016, 02:15
The wide range of ability to set up the cars, the visuals are amazing, the variety of cars, the enthusiasm of the PCars community..and it's just a lot of fun compared to other car games.

BreadedVirus
21-09-2016, 00:35
The ability to race the ever so amazing Ginetta GT4. I like it so much, i even asked Ginetta on Twitter if we would have the pleasure of the GT4 in PCARS 2. From the response i got from both Ginetta and PC that'll be a yes.

BreadedVirus
21-09-2016, 00:37
I've posted before about things I liked back when I played the PS4 version.
I've been playing the PC version for about 1 week and I'm really liking some of the custom liveries I've seen.

I'd do PCARS on the PC, but i know for sure i would spend ALL my time modding and not racing. That happened to me with Richard Burns Rally and is why i gave up with racing on the PC.

FS7
21-09-2016, 01:40
I'd do PCARS on the PC, but i know for sure i would spend ALL my time modding and not racing.
Lol, I know that feeling.
I spent a lot of time searching and downloading tracks for rFactor, these past few days I've spent most of my gaming time searching and downloading tracks for Race 07 & AC.
It's all good, though, once I download a good number of tracks I have enough content to keep me busy for a very long time.

TheBobbyTee
21-09-2016, 21:24
I'd do PCARS on the PC, but i know for sure i would spend ALL my time modding and not racing. That happened to me with Richard Burns Rally and is why i gave up with racing on the PC.

I get what you're saying there. Although I spend more time racing than skinning, I do enjoy that side of it greatly. You can never hold back a creative mind.
I've done a couple of liveries for GT3 cars, namely the Z4 and the R8, but I'm looking to work on a few liveries for historic cars as that's what I prefer racing.
I love racing the historic stuff.I love racing in all forms, but historic racing for me is where it's at.
I love the Grp5 BMW's and Capri's, the IMSA Audi and the Lotus 98T, all great cars and lots of fun to drive. Oh.... And that BMW M1....

Bernice_Richardson
27-09-2016, 16:18
If you are ever criticized for loving video games, don’t sweat it; people love to criticize things that they know nothing about. If you love games, you should feel lucky because you are experiencing one of the most unique and beautiful art forms in the world.

BreadedVirus
29-09-2016, 01:10
Lol, I know that feeling.
I spent a lot of time searching and downloading tracks for rFactor, these past few days I've spent most of my gaming time searching and downloading tracks for Race 07 & AC.
It's all good, though, once I download a good number of tracks I have enough content to keep me busy for a very long time.

Richard Burns Rally is what got me into the modding and skinning. I would spend about 99% modding, skinning and the measly 1% driving. It got a bit too time consuming in the end, that is why i can never go back to racing on the PC. i'd never get to enjoy the racing aspect of the game.