PDA

View Full Version : T150 disconnect mid corner [video]

jimmyb_84
22-02-2016, 23:39
hi

just posting a problem I had tonight while doing an hour race at Sonoma GP in Solo race mode. As the video showed my controller (T150 wheel) just disconnected mid-corner :(

I tried the unplug and plug back in but nothing so had to do the last 20mins with the DS4 and I was rubbish. I've never really had to many problems with the game since release but since patch 9.0 I've had a game crash and now this, it's a little annoying

http://youtu.be/HQe1qQ5xFZE

Liquid7394
23-02-2016, 14:39
Why does the car pull to the left violently?

jimmyb_84
25-02-2016, 14:52
Why does the car pull to the left violently?

I'm assuming that's the controller (wheel) when it disconnected

jimmyb_84
16-03-2016, 10:20
This happened again to me last night, was driving McLaren GT3 at Nordschleife very annoying

pa_pinkelman
20-03-2016, 23:18
last night I had this problem several times. When I stopped using my USB headphones I had no disconnects anymore. Are you using a usb device while using the wheel?

jimmyb_84
21-03-2016, 16:26
last night I had this problem several times. When I stopped using my USB headphones I had no disconnects anymore. Are you using a usb device while using the wheel?

No I only had the wheel plugged into USB, the controller lead was plugged in too but nothing connected to it

jimmyb_84
03-04-2016, 21:51
and it's happened again!

this time an hour race at Silverstone GP in Clio cup car it lasted 54mins the last 6 mins I completed on the pad.

anyone got any ideas why this happens really started to ruin my experience as I have to set the wheel and everything up each time I play.

cmch15
03-04-2016, 22:32
My mate has a T150 and has the same thing by your description. He thinks it could be heat related as it happens after a similar amount of time each time. I suggested turning the feedback down as a test but not sure where he's at with this.

Where the T300 just reduces feedback, we wondered whether this just shuts down. Can you check it in any other games to see if its just pCars?

jimmyb_84
04-04-2016, 08:29
That's an interesting theory it does only seem to happen when I do longer races but doesn't happen at Le Mans or Monza (less steering input). Looks like I need to do shorter races and maybe an email to thrustmaster.

jimmyb_84
13-03-2017, 16:23
I'm still having this issue, it appears on longer races only 45min to 1hr and only seems to happen in project cars, I tested it with a long race on Assetto Corsa today and all was fine. Does anyone have a solution as it's really ruins my experience. I still love project cars but really want to race up to and past an hour but I just can't at the moment

Roger Prynne
13-03-2017, 20:24
It definitely sounds like overheating to me.

jimmyb_84
14-03-2017, 01:14
It definitely sounds like overheating to me.

any ideas how I can solve this, obviously I would set a fan up or should I turn the FFB down a bit.
Or should I contact Thrustmaster?

Ryzza5
15-03-2017, 04:48
Those first two strategies are a good place to start - let us know the outcome.

jimmyb_84
20-03-2017, 10:05
Update: Finally had a chance to test T150 again. I drove the Mclaren GT3 at Donnington for 1hr race this is the same as my last disconnect.

I turned the master FFB from 32 to 10, I managed a full hour of racing no problem however the feedback was extremely light, I managed to get the hang of it but it just wasn't the same. for my next test I'm going to clamp my wheel to laptop cooling tray thing and try that at FFB 32.

At least I can play without fear of disconnect for a bit.

Ryzza5
22-03-2017, 01:08
When driving, you can adjust the HUD detail to show telemetry. Up the top you can see the FFB output strength as a live graph. The ideal situation as I understand it, is to have large enough spikes instead of tiny squiggles so that you feel stronger feedback when hitting kerbs or crashing, but you don't want those lines disappearing beyond the top of the graph (signal clipping). There are many threads/posts that you can look for to get more detailed info.

My steering wheel came with a fan built into it, so you may want to investigate that as a potential solution as well.