PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Gen 6 DLC?

IrideGravity
23-02-2016, 00:09
Saw on twitter these were comng the 1st.
will there be any oval tracks to go with?

AbeWoz
23-02-2016, 00:33
not this month. maybe in the future. DLC thread here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38467-Upcoming-DLC-Tease-from-SMS-and-Speculation-(Spoilers)&p=1239333#post1239333

Joshua Healy
23-02-2016, 00:34
No ovals this time around. And the latest news was that there are licensing issues preventing SMS from releasing ovals without AI (original issue)

Darren O'Brien
23-02-2016, 00:37
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24686-Where-s-all-the-Oval-Tracks&p=1238601&viewfull=1#post1238601

Ian bell has said.

Neil Bateman
23-02-2016, 00:45
What is it about AI on ovals compared to road courses that is more difficult to get to work, other games dont seem to have problems getting it to work, you would have thought AI just turning left would be less of an issue than turning left and right.:)

AbeWoz
23-02-2016, 00:49
What is it about AI on ovals compared to road courses that is more difficult to get to work, other games dont seem to have problems getting it to work, you would have thought AI just turning left would be less of an issue than turning left and right.:)

it has a lot to do with being 2,3,4 wide around the entire track, have car awareness for all 4 sides of the AI car. The AI has numerous issues on road courses currently, like cutting corners, divebombing apex's and running cars off the track.

Joshua Healy
23-02-2016, 00:50

It's more to do with the AI and collisions together. Pack racing and contact would end up in a rather buggy mess.

Triggerfish
23-02-2016, 01:11
other games have it but its a mess. Even the Nascar game is a mess! Now they have a different developer but will not be out till late year. Iracing is the best now but there are no bots.No AI to worry about.

Sasquatch
23-02-2016, 01:14
IIRC Gran Turismo's licensed Nascar is nothing but bump drafting single-file racing on Daytona and Indy. They hold a line and do not part from it.

Only time I remember AI even working was that one Codemaster IRL game a long time ago. But of course, it was nothing but ovals.

Darren O'Brien
23-02-2016, 01:50
Ovals are coming to pCARS2 but its not what many want to hear now.
Its a shame but what can you do.

Cheesenium
23-02-2016, 02:11
The problem with AI on ovals is, I don't think there is a modern game that got it right. Grid Autosport, rFactor 2, Forza 6 and so on do have oval racing but none of them offers authentic oval racing that you race in a close pack, not in single of double file as if it is a road course. Then, the best oval racing game is Iracing where ironically, it doesn't have offline AI racing at all. There is also a reason why some people are still clinging to NR2003 because it has one of the best oval racing AI ever made.

It is disappointing that Pcars doesn't have oval racing, I rather have the road course versions than nothing at all.

IrideGravity
23-02-2016, 04:36
Hmm. I knew AI was a no go on ovals. I thought they were going to release the ovals for online only.
At least I knew it was being thrown around by IB
Pretty sad.
It has nothing to do with AI. And everything to do with not licensing a single oval track.
Pony up the dough or what's the point of nascar.
At least there is sonOma I guess.
But seriously. Maybe try a fictional oval?
Or are they that hard up to push pcars 2 they have to exclude this?

Kinda lame.

Cheesenium
23-02-2016, 05:59
Hmm. I knew AI was a no go on ovals. I thought they were going to release the ovals for online only.
At least I knew it was being thrown around by IB
Pretty sad.
It has nothing to do with AI. And everything to do with not licensing a single oval track.
Pony up the dough or what's the point of nascar.
At least there is sonOma I guess.
But seriously. Maybe try a fictional oval?
Or are they that hard up to push pcars 2 they have to exclude this?

Kinda lame.

SMS wanted to release the licensed ovals for online only but the track owners does not want their track to be represented as a multiplayer content only. They want it for both so no go at the end.

You are dealing with other people intellectual properly. If they said no, you have no choice but to follow them. If not, you risk damaging the relationship where even Pcars 2 will not get these tracks as you pissed them off the last time.

gotdirt410sprintcar
23-02-2016, 06:05
I think a lot of people should check out a youtube vid on grimy dogs thread it will answer a lot of questions on how they acutely make a sim. And the end of the day this is a race sim there is nothing easy about a lot has to go in to it the video showed the math etc for air plane sim and racecar sim the plane was like two pages the race car sim was like 20 pages just saying not easy.

IrideGravity
23-02-2016, 19:51
That's why I mentioned fictional ovals. Kind of like sakkito. But PCars 2 I guess.
Sigh

Roger Lee
25-02-2016, 02:14
Name one game with good oval AI? And please don't say NR2003 because that AI was horrible too.

blacknred81
25-02-2016, 02:29
Name one game with good oval AI? And please don't say NR2003 because that AI was horrible too.

I don't remember having much problems with the AI of NASCAR Dirt To Daytona or Indycar Series/2005

Cheesenium
25-02-2016, 02:41

If NR2003 AI is bad, then, I think it is sort of justified that SMS couldnt implement a good oval AI in such short period.

Disagree that NR2003 AI is bad, compared to Forza, Grid and other games that attempted it.