PDA

View Full Version : After about six months away from PCars, I came back and found...

aerchak
23-02-2016, 06:42
Yep. It's still really good.

Seems like the tires are a bit more responsive in general. Overall it feels more responsive. I mean, I was happy before, and I'm happy now.

Got a new graphics card, and it turns out the GTX 980Ti can really put the hammer down on this game. Still a really great looking game you guys made.

I lapsed on a lot of the DLC, though. I'm gonna have to get caught up on that. I took a spin around the test track, and that's a hell of a lot of fun. Pretty cool stuff. I also see that my record at Nurburgring in the Mustang GT has fallen to 6th worldwide. I guess I'll have to settle that with a little dust-up.

Still, I've really gotta say: This is still hands-down the best racing experience I've ever had in a game.

I have taken time to make such comments in the past, but I just again wanted to extend a thank you to Ian and the team for giving me this outlet from the world. My depression has improved a lot, and weirdly that was the reason I got away from the game for a bit. The game kinda pulled me out of the deepest pit I'd been in for a long, long time, and through therapy and some medication I've been enjoying life a ton. Playing tons of guitar (I've somehow managed to get two new ones and an amp), doing a bit more reading, socializing, etc...

I was really in the lowest point of my adult life when this game released, and it got me through it, so that I could live to see another day, and that means everything to me.

You guys kick ass. Thanks again and always.

Scuderia Paul
23-02-2016, 07:24
Your post is too positive and doesn't fit with the majority of this forum. Please adjust accordingly.

:rolleyes:

Sankyo
23-02-2016, 07:29
Quick, someone turn this into a car request thread...

Joshua Healy
23-02-2016, 07:41

I'll take some early 90's group A cars and some late 90's Super Touring cars thanks :)

Sankyo
23-02-2016, 07:48
Anyway, to return to the OP: what are your complete system specs? I'm wondering whether I would see a difference if I'd switch from my 2xGTX780 cards to a single GTX980Ti.

John Hargreaves
23-02-2016, 09:30
I'm sure you're aware, but if you can hang on for a bit, we're not far from GTX1070/80 and the inevitable price drops for GTX9xxx. Probably 4-5 months off but 9 series must be about as expensive as they will ever be right now. Still, it's tempting isn't it?

havocc
23-02-2016, 09:49
I'm sure you're aware, but if you can hang on for a bit, we're not far from GTX1070/80 and the inevitable price drops for GTX9xxx. Probably 4-5 months off but 9 series must be about as expensive as they will ever be right now. Still, it's tempting isn't it?

I just switched to Msi 970 OC edition because my Gtx580 died and i can run almost maxed out (car/track at ultra) with MSAA (i could use DS too) and SMAA

Umer Ahmad
23-02-2016, 10:40
Ovals!

Invincible
23-02-2016, 10:43
Ovals!

Cars, not tracks Umer. :p

BTW: Nissan, Purrari, Lamborghini, Honda, Mazda, Vauxhall, VW, Koenigseggeggegg!!

And Coleslaw!

John Hargreaves
23-02-2016, 11:56
I just switched to Msi 970 OC edition because my Gtx580 died and i can run almost maxed out (car/track at ultra) with MSAA (i could use DS too) and SMAA

It's a brilliant card, probably the best balance between price and performance out there at the moment imo.

havocc
23-02-2016, 12:01
Cars, not tracks Umer. :p

BTW: Nissan, Purrari, Lamborghini, Honda, Mazda, Vauxhall, VW, Koenigseggeggegg!!

And Coleslaw!

And Ferrari

Invincible
23-02-2016, 12:05
And Ferrari

I already said... Purrari :p (see Deadmau5's Purrari)

bc525
23-02-2016, 20:57
Coleslaw?

Cheesenium
24-02-2016, 01:34
Coleslaw?

Yes, we need Coleslaw. No game is complete without them.

hkraft300
24-02-2016, 03:00
Here's to good health, mental and physical, a big F* you to whoever says video games are for kids, positive escapism and therapy wherever we may find it to make the daily grind tolerable.
If it ain't in a real race car on a real race track, let it be in Project Cars.

dbo35
24-02-2016, 04:04

in 4-5 months you will have had 4-5 months of a great card, and then there will be a better card released. 6 months after that an even better one, and 6 months after that an even better one. and 6 months after that, a Samsung Galaxy S20.

Rambo_Commando
24-02-2016, 04:23
You gotta love how a thread about the games positive effect on someone's mental health gets turned into a discussion about graphic cards.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
24-02-2016, 06:13
Nice to read something positive on here, Glad to hear you are enjoying life again and long may it continue.

xautos
25-02-2016, 09:13
i have also returned after months out. not sure how long i will be around, anyway, it is good to see the game growing, this forum has really expanded since i was last around during december!

cluck
25-02-2016, 09:25
Yes, we need Coleslaw. No game is complete without them.What have I done :o

@ the OP, great post :yes:. It can't have been easy being in that dark place but glad you found something that helped pull you out of there. Now, welcome back to the forums, time now for you to go get your world record at Nurburgring back :D

cluck
25-02-2016, 09:31
You gotta love how a thread about the games positive effect on someone's mental health gets turned into a discussion about graphic cards.and coleslaw.

On the topic of graphics cards, I've got one of Gigabytes watercooled 980Ti cards on the way for a customer build. All the reports seem to suggest it is about 20% faster than the standard 980Ti, which puts it very close, from unconfirmed leaks, to the performance of the next-gen cards from NVidia. The only major downside is the price - you won't get much change from 650 :eek:.

poirqc
25-02-2016, 10:28
Yep. It's still really good.

Seems like the tires are a bit more responsive in general. Overall it feels more responsive. I mean, I was happy before, and I'm happy now.

Got a new graphics card, and it turns out the GTX 980Ti can really put the hammer down on this game. Still a really great looking game you guys made.

I lapsed on a lot of the DLC, though. I'm gonna have to get caught up on that. I took a spin around the test track, and that's a hell of a lot of fun. Pretty cool stuff. I also see that my record at Nurburgring in the Mustang GT has fallen to 6th worldwide. I guess I'll have to settle that with a little dust-up.

Still, I've really gotta say: This is still hands-down the best racing experience I've ever had in a game.

I have taken time to make such comments in the past, but I just again wanted to extend a thank you to Ian and the team for giving me this outlet from the world. My depression has improved a lot, and weirdly that was the reason I got away from the game for a bit. The game kinda pulled me out of the deepest pit I'd been in for a long, long time, and through therapy and some medication I've been enjoying life a ton. Playing tons of guitar (I've somehow managed to get two new ones and an amp), doing a bit more reading, socializing, etc...

I was really in the lowest point of my adult life when this game released, and it got me through it, so that I could live to see another day, and that means everything to me.

It's been said a 1000 times, but the more you enjoy the little things, in ways that speak to you will goes a long way.

Even if i don't know you, i'm glad you're in the right path! Keep it up!

It's refreshing to ear a story that went the right way.

John Hargreaves
25-02-2016, 11:41
in 4-5 months you will have had 4-5 months of a great card, and then there will be a better card released. 6 months after that an even better one, and 6 months after that an even better one. and 6 months after that, a Samsung Galaxy S20.

However, you can spend your money wisely; GTX 980Tis are currently about 50-60 more expensive than they were a couple of months back, so yeah, there's always something better round the corner, but if you time it right you can get a bit more for your money.

DreamsKnight
26-02-2016, 01:06

I can understand. 4/5 months ago i also was in the lowest point of my life. It's only 2/3 weeks I can say that I'm OK. I was very near to the point to ask a therapy help, and it is strange for a man optimistic and with a very strong personality like me.

That decision to buy a wheel to play massively Pcars, or better: Pcars helped me to focus my mind away from sad thoughts.

I written also in another topic, but thank you SMS. from great games comes great responsibility. :D

Ah, just to stay in topic: I have a gtx970 and play guitar. :D

m355y
26-02-2016, 07:04
The tone on here has been increasingly negative lately, and I think I've been the same because I'm still gutted that the Indycar content has been so watered down. BUT, it's easy when you're annoyed with SMS for pulling this, not releasing this till the sequel, etc etc etc to forget how good this game can be when you're in the middle of a GT3 race. All the different cars, the battling in the pack, can't wait for the Corvette and the Cadillac to boost that even more. There still aren't many racing games anywhere that compare with battling for 14th place in a tight GT3 field on a high AI setting.

John Hargreaves
01-03-2016, 10:15
Well said, a lot of people get caught up in negative vibes and forget how to enjoy the game. I'm not saying it's perfect, but obsessing about the things you can't do instead of enjoying the things you can do seems daft.

m355y
01-03-2016, 12:57
I think a lot of my recent posts have seemed pretty hacked off really about stuff. Then you play the game and think 'yeah it's not perfect, but if I'd known about all this stuff when I bought the game, all the bugs, pulled content etc, would I have still bought it?' Er yeah, because it's the best attempt at a serious racing game on a next gen console.

I'm really looking forward to the DW12, ovals or not.

jeneric
01-03-2016, 20:13
I'm with ya on how good this game looks. I'm playing on triple screens with two 980ti's in SLI and it looks very nice indeed.

https://youtu.be/I5V1RZhFVIU

hkraft300
02-03-2016, 22:02
I thought this game is stunning on console.
Then I saw the screenshots thread.
I need 4K in my life.