PDA

View Full Version : [YES]Does it cost to race online on the PS4?

rw02kr43
24-02-2016, 14:50
I know it is a subscription for either the PS4 or the Xbox, but I can't remember which one.

Thanks
Jason

tigerpaw11
24-02-2016, 14:56
Ps4 needs subscription, dont know about xbox.

Liquid7394
24-02-2016, 14:57
Both require a subscription for online multiplayer.

rw02kr43
24-02-2016, 15:01
Okay thanks. I'm a bit bored with racing offline, and with ovals not coming I was hoping to breathe some new life into the game.

Boskapongen
24-02-2016, 15:13
u need Playstaton Plus for PS and Xbox Live for Xbox.

bradleyland
24-02-2016, 15:17
Both require a subscription for online multiplayer.

This^

Oddly enough, PSN on PS3 was free, but Sony decided to charge for PSN on PS4.

wyldanimal
24-02-2016, 16:06
This^

PS Plus is $9.99 a Month or $49.99 for a 1 year membership

Plus is what gives you On-line cloud storage, that's needed by Every PS4 on-line game.
You Get Free games each month plus discounts on other games.
So technically you get more then your money's worth..

But Yes, you Need a PS Plus subscription to play On-Line on the PS4

Umer Ahmad
24-02-2016, 16:27
Another reason to move to PC/STEAM....free online racing!

biggbaddwolf
24-02-2016, 22:42
Are there controllers available for PC similar to the DS for PS4?

Umer Ahmad
24-02-2016, 22:48
Absolutely, basically the same ones. Whats better is you needn't buy anything "platform specific", the PC version of most games are generally more acceptable of peripherals than the console versions.

This is especially true of project cars, my logitech g27 works great but due to "business reasons" Sony and logitech could not allow the g27 to work on PS4. But it works perfectly fine on PC.

Nelson Pacheco
24-02-2016, 22:57

let them pay... let them be noobs... let them spend useless money when there is a free option

vive la republique :P

Umer Ahmad
24-02-2016, 23:00
Hey come on man, they are our sim-brothers. We help each other. #HERMANOS

Konan
24-02-2016, 23:01
let them pay... let them be noobs... let them spend useless money when there is a free option

So....you don't pay for your internet connection then? :cool:

bradleyland
24-02-2016, 23:02
Are there controllers available for PC similar to the DS for PS4?

You can literally use the DS4 controller with Windows.

http://www.techradar.com/us/how-to/gaming/how-to-use-the-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-on-a-pc-1309014

Sum Dixon-Ear
25-02-2016, 00:11

I wish that the game could be renamed ever so slightly to differentiate between the unwashed, lowly console peasants and the infallible, forever upgrading master race...

For consoles - just keep it as "PCARS"

For PC - amend the title to "PC ARSE"

:p

Umer Ahmad
25-02-2016, 00:19
lol you lost me

I was just pointing out some information about online racing related to OP.

All platforms have their +'s and -'s

Sum Dixon-Ear
25-02-2016, 00:21
lol you lost me

I was just pointing out some information about online racing related to OP.

All platforms have their +'s and -'s

"Another reason to move to PC"... subtle.

I'm just messing with ya bud. :D

Umer Ahmad
25-02-2016, 00:37
Yes i suppose my bias is showing.

biggbaddwolf
25-02-2016, 02:30
You can literally use the DS4 controller with Windows.

http://www.techradar.com/us/how-to/gaming/how-to-use-the-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-on-a-pc-1309014
Thanks for that info, have that site bookmarked for future reference :D

Liquid7394
25-02-2016, 09:33
This^

Microsoft proved it was easy money.

Gruff
25-02-2016, 10:23

Well to the OP xbox live is better than ps4 by a long way so if you want to use a console i'd go with live (I currently have a PSN), PSN seems to struggle at weekends....

Erm, to the poster above, you came in to the PS4 section to give these words of wisdom? Maybe you should take your own advice........

Liquid7394
25-02-2016, 20:53
I have no issues at weekends.

Konan
26-02-2016, 03:25

...and i have no issues WITH weekends....lol

Umer Ahmad
26-02-2016, 07:35
Your single experience is not a sufficient statistic

Many people around the world (and even this forum) have reported increased problems with PSN on weekends in recent weeks.

(Honestly i wish people would provide more data than just their personal experience or that of their few friends.)

Gloomy
26-02-2016, 07:38

Many people around the world (and even this forum) have reported increased problems with PSN on weekends in recent weeks.

(Honestly i wish people would provide more data than just their personal experience or that of their few friends.)

Xbox live has been experiencing quite a few issues the last few weeks as well.

Oh, here's a bit more data on that
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2016/02/23/microsofts-xbox-live-experiencing-continuing-service-issues/#7a8543cf3af3

Liquid7394
26-02-2016, 09:31
And neither is his. I stated I have no issues, not that no one has any issues, read properly next time. He made it sound like PSN is worse on the weekends for everyone which is a lie.

I'm sure you'll quote a few random people claiming PSN is down while ignoring random people who say it's fine, keep trolling though.

Liquid7394
26-02-2016, 09:34
Xbox live has been experiencing quite a few issues the last few weeks as well.

Oh, here's a bit more data on that
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2016/02/23/microsofts-xbox-live-experiencing-continuing-service-issues/#7a8543cf3af3
Clearly fake. Only PSN has issues. /s

DragonSyr
26-02-2016, 10:05
So....you don't pay for your internet connection then? :cool:

yes.... but if you have ps4 you pay both internet and psn .........................

I did not know that you need to pay for online play on ps4
i dont understand why psn is not free......
Thinking of buying a ps4........ NOT GOING.... F*** sony

chig88
26-02-2016, 10:46

Not to defend Sony, but PSN was free on the PS3 (despite Xbox Live on the 360 already being a paid for service IIRC) and, in my experience at least, it was bloody awful.

After buying the PS4 I wasn't happy about having to pay, but I must say it is a drastically improved service. There are still areas for improvement, but personally I'd rather pay the fairly small yearly fee for the higher quality service it provides.

Fully understand those that don't though.

Liquid7394
26-02-2016, 12:13
It does seem better on PS4, but I'd still prefer multiplayer was free.

Gruff
26-02-2016, 12:37
Yeah... sorry..... PSN doesnt play up every weekend. Just enough for me to have a little moan about it........I do like the free games well rocket league and injustice was decent, just wish they'd make it a little more solid. I've done all i can at my end, have a decent router good internet connection, made a static ip for the ps4, opened up ports etc.......

Well DragonSyr with that set up I wouldnt even recommend a PS4 ;). Was looking at one of those msi cards the other day, look good.

DragonSyr
26-02-2016, 14:15
Not to defend Sony, but PSN was free on the PS3 (despite Xbox Live on the 360 already being a paid for service IIRC) and, in my experience at least, it was bloody awful.

After buying the PS4 I wasn't happy about having to pay, but I must say it is a drastically improved service. There are still areas for improvement, but personally I'd rather pay the fairly small yearly fee for the higher quality service it provides.

Fully understand those that don't though.

for the psn on ps3 the problem is the large amount of users online (up to millions)
for the ps4 pay service the online problems not exist yet because the pay users is limited
i dont want to eat the banana of improve services because users pay.
we pay allready for fast internet that include improved services.

Konan
26-02-2016, 14:37
yes.... but if you have ps4 you pay both internet and psn .........................

That's just it...i bought pcars to play on ps4 not my ps4 to play pcars
Buying a suitable pc would mean a large extra cost to me...
One of the reasons i don't play online IS the extra costs so...

chig88
26-02-2016, 14:57
It can also be thought of like this - if you game on a PC you'd be pretty dumb not to pay for yearly anti-virus software. You don't need that for PS4.

No matter which platform you use - if you operate legally and wisely, you will have to pay. Just the way of the world unfortunately.

DragonSyr
26-02-2016, 15:11
yes but you have the option also for free antivirus on pc....
on ps4 you have no option for free psn at least without network improvements.....

is not the same at all

Konan
26-02-2016, 16:02
It can also be thought of like this - if you game on a PC you'd be pretty dumb not to pay for yearly anti-virus software. You don't need that for PS4.

No matter which platform you use - if you operate legally and wisely, you will have to pay. Just the way of the world unfortunately.

I already pay for telephone,digital TV,Internet connection and anti-virus...that's why i'm not willing to pay for PSN also and to convert my pc into a descent gaming pc would cost me a lot on top of that...i've always been a PlayStation fan from the beginning....i've had them all from the very first one (and Sega before that :D)
The ps4 is the best in technology (which is logical) but the worst costumer friendly:
-no free PSN
-you can't play cd's or cd-roms on it
-not backward compatible
So i had to sell all my ps2 and ps3 games because they were useless....
But since i'm so used to playing on PlayStation i'm not likely going to change platforms...
Once i bought an Xbox but couldn't get used to the controller.....

Umer Ahmad
26-02-2016, 16:54
And neither is his. I stated I have no issues, not that no one has any issues, read properly next time. He made it sound like PSN is worse on the weekends for everyone which is a lie.

I'm sure you'll quote a few random people claiming PSN is down while ignoring random people who say it's fine, keep trolling though.

Not random people but published articles. Your sample set (you and your friends) doesn't pass a laugh-test in a basic statistics course.

Infraction issued for the "trolling" comment...next problem & you're out for good.

Liquid7394
26-02-2016, 17:00
Lol, typical. You're just a power hungry moderator that throws their weight around by issuing threats and bans because you can't actually argue with any facts. Everytime issues with this broken game are brough up coporate slaves like you rush to it's defense to claim "It's a hardware problem", "The game's fine", "Delete you're game" etc. when the fact is the game was released in a broken state and remains broken for many people.

On top of that, the game is still missing features that were falsely advertised and yet again you slaves rushed to defend your corporate overlords when people found out they were now Pcars 2 features by closing threads when conversations turned to criticism of the developers actions, handing out bans, infractions and threats. The hypocrisy and double standards you clowns show is amazing. You love to talk shit about other games and their fans/fanboys while acting as if you are better than them when the fact is you aren't. Insults against the game, SMS, moderators or WMD members isn't tolerated but insults against critics is perfectly acceptable.

Funny how you liked a post from VR-Mustard's 3rd account where he was praising SMS while admitting he was VR-Mustard, but then another moderator banned him for making a new account for promotion. Had he criticised the game instead and admitted to being VR-Mustard he wouldn't have got a like, he would've been banned instantly, isn't that right Umer? Seems you lack any ability to moderate a forum properly.

Go ahead and ban me, I'm done with this rushed, broken, falsely advertised, unfinished game. SMS clearly haven't got a clue what they're doing and I won't be buying any future products from these amateurs. So yes, ban me, I don't care, in fact I look forward to seeing the "lunatic fringe", "shutup you idiot", "get some perspective" comments from Ian Bell. Maybe if the thread gets closed he'll reopen it just to use one of those predictable insults.

Before I go though, I want to say thanks to Tim Mann for the UDP stream and the makers of Crew Chief and Pcars Dash. Those apps improved the game a lot for me and I don't regret purchasing them. Oh and Umer, I think you should get a PS4, you seem to be obsessed with PSN already so why not pick up a PS4 so you can see how it supposedly struggles on the weekend or how it's always down.

Peace out bitches.

Umer Ahmad
26-02-2016, 17:11
It's unhealthy enough on weekends to affect other online games & services. Call it whatever you want. It's well-documented by other sources besides me and you.

chig88
29-02-2016, 16:01
yes but you have the option also for free antivirus on pc....
on ps4 you have no option for free psn at least without network improvements.....

is not the same at all

How is it not the same?

You're paying for a service (both yearly and for a similar price) that allows you to play on your chosen platform.

Yes, you can download free anti-virus software. You can also game on the PS4 without PS+. In both situations you probably won't be getting the best out of the platform (free AV unlikely to offer as many services as a paid product, no PS+ meaning no multiplayer).

Konan
29-02-2016, 16:58
How is it not the same?

You're paying for a service (both yearly and for a similar price) that allows you to play on your chosen platform.

Yes, you can download free anti-virus software. You can also game on the PS4 without PS+. In both situations you probably won't be getting the best out of the platform (free AV unlikely to offer as many services as a paid product, no PS+ meaning no multiplayer).

I agree but most ps4 owners already pay for an Internet connection and anti-virus (PC,smartphone,even TV) so it hardly seems fair that they have to pay in order to play MP on top of that...
The perks you get with PS+ hardly are worth that extra cost imo...

lmntr
01-03-2016, 23:55
Does Steam charge for subscription or membership? I thought I read that some time ago. If you do not pay for membership more power to you. But really what is cheaper. Top of the line PC rig with all the whistles against a console and yearly ?subscription? and you still have some issues trying to make games work properly.