PDA

View Full Version : No rear view mirror in MP4-12C GT3

Blueflight
24-02-2016, 16:28
Hi there,

is it right that the MP4-12C GT3 ingame shows no rear view mirror?
I tried everything but it does not show up. I really hope I am doing a mistake!

AbeWoz
24-02-2016, 16:30
the car physically doesn't have one. you have to use the mirror that is part of the games HUD

bradleyland
24-02-2016, 16:31
If you're talking about the car model's actual rear view mirror in cockpit view, that car doesn't have one. At least not one I can see with my FOV settings (which are wider than default). The only way to get a rear view mirror is through the full HUD view.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
24-02-2016, 16:32
Doesn't seem like there is one, and since the car is based on CAD and with a quick Google Image Search I couldn't really find a mirror in the real car either, I think it's supposed to be like that.

Blueflight
24-02-2016, 17:09
Agreed with the real car not having one. But how comes that you still canīt see the HUD mirror altough enabled?

FS7
24-02-2016, 17:15
Agreed with the real car not having one. But how comes that you still canīt see the HUD mirror altough enabled?
Not sure about PC but on PS4 I have to manually cycle through the different hud types until I get to the one that shows the virtual mirror everytime I get on track.

Blueflight
24-02-2016, 17:24
This is really strange. You have to do the same on the PC and cylce through the different HUD types in the menu. When I select "complete with mirror" and go the race with the Mclaren there is NO rear mirror visible.
When I pause the game and go to the "change HUD layout" menu, there is the virtual rear mirror visible, I can change the position but as soon as I continue the game it is missing again.
After the race when checking the HUD types in the main menu it says "complete without mirror" again.
I donīt get it :confused:

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
24-02-2016, 17:28
Try going through the HUD options while on track, it should go Complete (no mirror) -> Lite -> Telemetry -> Off -> Completely (with mirror).

Blueflight
24-02-2016, 17:34
Try going through the HUD options while on track, it should go Complete (no mirror) -> Lite -> Telemetry -> Off -> Completely (with mirror).

That did the trick! Sorry, silly me...

Awong124
24-02-2016, 18:21
I noticed this a long time ago, but going into the game menu and selecting "Complete (with mirror)" it never saves for some reason, and you have to manually cycle it on track every time.

GT_Racing
26-02-2016, 18:59
I noticed this a long time ago, but going into the game menu and selecting "Complete (with mirror)" it never saves for some reason, and you have to manually cycle it on track every time.

Yep. It gets annoying when you have to do a standing start online with no mirror. If you don't remember to cycle through right away or you over shoot the right HUD you have to run blind until you get out in the open.

Blaze the Fox
27-02-2016, 03:01
the car has no mirror on the inside for a reason. itd be reflecting basically nothing but the roof XD

the back window is pretty absent on the GT3 car afaik. its odd and i first noticed this, weirdly, playing NFS hot pursuit on the wii. the bodykit it got was the Gt3 one, and with my yellow body it was very apparent