PDA

View Full Version : I wanna like this game!!

biggbaddwolf
25-02-2016, 05:13
I really do, but it is hard when every update/patch it ends up like Gran Turismo, with more stuff screwed up than it fixes!! After the latest update now all my cars slide around like they are on ice! Stop playing with the tires, and give us ONE TIRE with grip from hell that doesn't slide all over the place :mad:

Bealdor
25-02-2016, 08:08
What cars? Are you using default setup?

If yes, check this out: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45280-Mercedes-amg-sls-gt3-oversteer-like-hell-after-patch-9-0

konnos
25-02-2016, 08:52
If your cars are sliding around, I feel that you might have gotten used to higher speeds and your poor road cars cannot handle those turns you got used to taking. I don't know your experience so I m assuming that. If anything, cars don't exactly slide very well in Pcars, if you know what I mean, but I blame my crappy wheel's feeling! What cars are sliding around for you? Post a video maybe to let us know? Or describe it.

maxx69
25-02-2016, 10:11
I think the tyre physics are excellent now , if anything I'd like more heat in them .
Maybe you just need to adjust you driving style to suit the car you are driving....this game is meant to be a sim after all , it's not meant to be easy .
Adjusting the set up for more mechanical grip and or down force helps ...?

Gruff
25-02-2016, 10:34
Good racing last night @Maxx!

@Bigbadwolf are the karts and f1's sliding for you cause i found these to have ultra grip with default car settings?

chig88
25-02-2016, 11:58
Agree about more stuff being screwed up than fixed. Given that the fixes are minor now anyway (graphical etc), I wish they'd just leave it alone now.

Fight-Test
25-02-2016, 12:30
They finally got the tires right. They were a mess before the patch.

bradleyland
25-02-2016, 14:13
I really do, but it is hard when every update/patch it ends up like Gran Turismo, with more stuff screwed up than it fixes!! After the latest update now all my cars slide around like they are on ice! Stop playing with the tires, and give us ONE TIRE with grip from hell that doesn't slide all over the place :mad:

What tires & cars are you using? I've noticed the road car's race tires are like ice when they're cold, but they're incredibly grippy once warmed up. The trick is in getting them there. IMO, they're a little unrealistic on the slippy side when cold, but they warm up quickly.

Are you still using a DS4 controller? You gotta get a wheel, dude. It makes a huge difference. I played the game for about three months with a DS4 before I got a wheel. Getting a wheel made it a whole new game.

Roger Prynne
25-02-2016, 15:47

Well personally I think the tyres and FFB on every car I've tried so far is excellent for me, especially the X-Bow.

Haiden
25-02-2016, 15:58

It would help if you posted a video. You're on PS4, so it's not hard to do. Because honestly, it sounds like you're either doing something wrong or your settings are off. I've been testing new FFB since 9.0, and I've gone through at least 75% of the cars in the game. None of them are sliding on ice. Even with cold tires, if you adjust your speed and take it easy through the corners until they warm up, they're fine. That said, I think the "ice" feeling that some people describe is actually understeer. They're either going into the corners too fast, or trying to coast through them in the wrong gear (too high). That's the only time I get the icing feeling. Again, a video would help. Without it, it's impossible to know what's going on with your drive. But since so many other people aren't having the same experience, I think it might be worth it for you to post for comparison.

palerider
25-02-2016, 16:58
Agree about more stuff being screwed up than fixed. Given that the fixes are minor now anyway (graphical etc), I wish they'd just leave it alone now.
Whoa, color me surprised

biggbaddwolf
25-02-2016, 17:05
It would help if you posted a video. You're on PS4, so it's not hard to do. Because honestly, it sounds like you're either doing something wrong or your settings are off. I've been testing new FFB since 9.0, and I've gone through at least 75% of the cars in the game. None of them are sliding on ice. Even with cold tires, if you adjust your speed and take it easy through the corners until they warm up, they're fine. That said, I think the "ice" feeling that some people describe is actually understeer. They're either going into the corners too fast, or trying to coast through them in the wrong gear (too high). That's the only time I get the icing feeling. Again, a video would help. Without it, it's impossible to know what's going on with your drive. But since so many other people aren't having the same experience, I think it might be worth it for you to post for comparison.
It could be a setting issue, and I know there are a lot of them in the settings section, but they don't seem any better than default. When I played GT6 I played with a lot of friends, and some of them helped me a LITTLE BIT, for the most part if someone come across a really good setting they weren't all that eager to share..LOL But none of them play PCars so I am kinda on my own here..but thanks for the reply anyway :D

biggbaddwolf
25-02-2016, 17:06
What tires & cars are you using? I've noticed the road car's race tires are like ice when they're cold, but they're incredibly grippy once warmed up. The trick is in getting them there. IMO, they're a little unrealistic on the slippy side when cold, but they warm up quickly.

Are you still using a DS4 controller? You gotta get a wheel, dude. It makes a huge difference. I played the game for about three months with a DS4 before I got a wheel. Getting a wheel made it a whole new game.
Wheel isn't an option for me :(

AbeWoz
25-02-2016, 17:09
It could be a setting issue, and I know there are a lot of them in the settings section, but they don't seem any better than default. When I played GT6 I played with a lot of friends, and some of them helped me a LITTLE BIT, for the most part if someone come across a really good setting they weren't all that eager to share..LOL But none of them play PCars so I am kinda on my own here..but thanks for the reply anyway :D

check the setup database:
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

there aren't setups for every single car/track combo, but its worth a look

Sampo
25-02-2016, 17:20
I wonder if the save file has some bad settings now that you got the new patch. If you don't mind losing your settings and career, you could try removing the save file (profile). Remember to remove it from the cloud too.

Rambo_Commando
25-02-2016, 17:24
Wheel isn't an option for me :(

I only play with the ds4 and haven't experience any of this. What is you controller settings?

biggbaddwolf
25-02-2016, 17:36
I wonder if the save file has some bad settings now that you got the new patch. If you don't mind losing your settings and career, you could try removing the save file (profile). Remember to remove it from the cloud too.
So I need to do this every time a new patch comes out?

Titzon Toast
25-02-2016, 18:03
So I need to do this every time a new patch comes out?

I did it last night, my wheel didn't feel great at all.
One complete delete and fresh install later everything was grand.

Umer Ahmad
25-02-2016, 18:06
No not at all. It is NOT a general recommendation from SMS. Hell i've been on the same profile since may, but thats PC.

The guy was suggesting it as a test, not a general "do this every patch" recommendation. Save off your old one first.

Tomcul
25-02-2016, 18:59
Can never understand the delete reinstall hard reset brigade, there's really no need for that..
To the op as others have stated cold tyres can be slippy so take it easy for the first lap, once they're warmed up none/very few of the cars slide around..

Haiden
25-02-2016, 19:15

Actually, the default settings aren't that bad, a little numb/low-range in dynamic range compared to what you can get with a little FFB tuning, but they don't contribute to the icy feel. Are you getting this ice feel with the Formula A, as well? Because that car has a lot of grip.

GrimeyDog
25-02-2016, 20:25

have you done a total Delete of Game and ALL Game save data.... Hard drive and cloud game save data??? when this happened to me on PS4 a total delete and fresh install cured the problem.

bc525
25-02-2016, 21:02
My experience as a more 'casual' racer/gamer - I was away from pCARS for a couple of months and just recently came back, and honestly on my return to the game it’s taken me some time to get adjusted to those early laps on cold tires. It really does feel like I’m driving on ice, but as the tires warm up I’m able to push more and more. It’s very noticeable for me once I’ve got the tires heated up.

What can really make the issue so critical is that the AI immediately get up to their “race pace” on the first lap of practice and they’re literally running me over until I can get some heat in my tires. It’s all I can do just to stay out of their way and avoid causing a collision.

The Renault Clio Cup in career was an example. I’m not very good with FWD cars to begin with and then put me out there on cold tires in that little Clio, and whew the AI cars were constantly hounding me in practice! Thankfully the races began with pre-heated tires so I could get aggressive right from the green lights.

If the grip isn’t noticeably improving as your tires heat up, then it could very well be your controller settings or something with your saved set-ups as others have commented. Hopefully you can get it sorted out because pCARS is an incredibly fun game.

Haiden
25-02-2016, 22:16
My experience as a more 'casual' racer/gamer - I was away from pCARS for a couple of months and just recently came back, and honestly on my return to the game it’s taken me some time to get adjusted to those early laps on cold tires. It really does feel like I’m driving on ice, but as the tires warm up I’m able to push more and more. It’s very noticeable for me once I’ve got the tires heated up.

What can really make the issue so critical is that the AI immediately get up to their “race pace” on the first lap of practice and they’re literally running me over until I can get some heat in my tires. It’s all I can do just to stay out of their way and avoid causing a collision.

The Renault Clio Cup in career was an example. I’m not very good with FWD cars to begin with and then put me out there on cold tires in that little Clio, and whew the AI cars were constantly hounding me in practice! Thankfully the races began with pre-heated tires so I could get aggressive right from the green lights.

If the grip isn’t noticeably improving as your tires heat up, then it could very well be your controller settings or something with your saved set-ups as others have commented. Hopefully you can get it sorted out because pCARS is an incredibly fun game.

That's a good point.

Biggbaddwolf, have you tried testing the cars in Time Trial? In TT, they start with the tires already warm. That would be a quick way to tell if you're just having problems adjusting to the cold tires in the new tire model or if there's something else going on. :)

biggbaddwolf
25-02-2016, 22:23
That's a good point.

Biggbaddwolf, have you tried testing the cars in Time Trial? In TT, they start with the tires already warm. That would be a quick way to tell if you're just having problems adjusting to the cold tires in the new tire model or if there's something else going on. :)
Actually it was during a race, and I was thinking in a race the tires are already heated up..am I wrong?

Haiden
25-02-2016, 22:48
Actually it was during a race, and I was thinking in a race the tires are already heated up..am I wrong?

No. They're warm when you start. Maybe not "optimal", but definitely not ice cold. IDK, buddy. Without a video, I can't speculate any further as to what's going on.

biggbaddwolf
25-02-2016, 22:49
One that is really giving me a lot of trouble is the Toyota TS040. I go slow in, fast out, but when I accelerate out of the corner it snaps around, or sideways every time, and there are others too, just can't recall which ones off hand. Anyway I will get it figured out. Sorry for bothering everyone

biggbaddwolf
25-02-2016, 23:30
Just discovered that turning Steering Assist ON helps a lot :D

hkraft300
26-02-2016, 02:22
The TS040 has 1600Nm @ the rear wheels while the hybrid is charged.
1600Nm.
Through just 2 wheels. At the back.
Full throttle it with your front wheels not pointing dead straight and it'll head for the nearest wall.
I've had the TS040 spit me out in 7th at Turn 3 Catalunya 220+ kmh.
Did I mention it has 1600Nm?

Basically if you're spinning coming out of the corner means you have too much throttle on.

biggbaddwolf
26-02-2016, 02:54
The TS040 has 1600Nm @ the rear wheels while the hybrid is charged.
1600Nm.
Through just 2 wheels. At the back.
Full throttle it with your front wheels not pointing dead straight and it'll head for the nearest wall.
I've had the TS040 spit me out in 7th at Turn 3 Catalunya 220+ kmh.
Did I mention it has 1600Nm?

Basically if you're spinning coming out of the corner means you have too much throttle on.
Yeah even though the DS has triggers for the throttle there really isn't a whole lot of movement there. It is almost like you are either at idle or at full throttle...

hkraft300
26-02-2016, 05:07
Maybe check your throttle sensitivity?
Mine is ~40 and control is good enough.
Thing with the hybrid LMP1 cars: its engine-only up to 90% throttle and above that you get a big kick of electric boost. So ye, regardless of settings they may feel a bit on/off.

Edit: I tend to stick to the Aston DBR1-2 for the LMP1 class.

konnos
26-02-2016, 10:23
From what you are describing, i think it's safe to say that your problem lies with your inputs. You need to get the proper settings for your controller, to soften your steering input and to make the turning of the wheel less sudden and more smooth.

I know it's a moot point, but playing this game with a gamepad is a sin :P True, many people can play really well with the pad and even post good times on TT, but without good controller settings you can forget about it ;P

Haiden
26-02-2016, 13:58
Yeah even though the DS has triggers for the throttle there really isn't a whole lot of movement there. It is almost like you are either at idle or at full throttle...

From what you are describing, i think it's safe to say that your problem lies with your inputs. You need to get the proper settings for your controller, to soften your steering input and to make the turning of the wheel less sudden and more smooth.

I know it's a moot point, but playing this game with a gamepad is a sin :P True, many people can play really well with the pad and even post good times on TT, but without good controller settings you can forget about it ;P

^^This! I didn't realize you were playing with a controller. You'll really need to dial in the settings for the DS4.

Umer Ahmad
26-02-2016, 17:00
It's gonna be hard, especially for cars with big turbo kicks.

Perhaps reduce wastegate pressure (turbo boost) to gain back some control. I know, not Schwarzenegger's first choice either but sometimes it helps me. Not ashamed to admit it.

maxx69
26-02-2016, 18:22
[QUOTE=Gruff;1240906]Good racing last night @Maxx!

Thanks man , appreciated:)