PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of a Road America surface update?

Alan Dallas
25-02-2016, 06:27
Was watching this video and noticed a few corners at RA have been resurfaced. Would it be worth time to update the Surface in pCARS to reflect the changes? Or are we still locked into what was approved at the time of licensing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnVs9LRdWBk

Cheesenium
25-02-2016, 06:55
IMO, i think track surface changes would probably be reserved for pcars 2.

Quite a few tracks has changes since they were made for pcars such as Oulton Park also had resurface, Nords has some curbs changes, Le Mans getting new pits and so on.

Alan Dallas
25-02-2016, 08:16
Ya. Can add Watkins also, they got an entire track resurface this last off season.

TheDoctor46
25-02-2016, 08:47
I doubt SMS is even in the mood to care about that, given the endless track surface discussion they had back in the WMD days :rolleyes:

x ImJakeyy
25-02-2016, 09:14
Probably not, before the launch of the game last year a corner changed in shape slightly at Oulton Park, and SMS weren't going to change that. Probably due to it being a Laser Scanned track, but the corner is more flowing now and more natural to what it used to be.

I doubt any track changes for pCARS 1, unless said circuit asked for the change that is.

Mahjik
25-02-2016, 14:27
Very few sims keep that up to date with various track updates (i.e updating every track they support every time they do an update). There is no ROI for doing it.