PDA

View Full Version : Always Racing Group Looking for Clean Fast Drivers

alwaysracing2016
25-02-2016, 13:44
Hello, our group Always Racing was formed on Steam to get sims racers together for good racing.
we are located along the East Coast of the USA.

here is a link to us on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AlwaysRacing#

if your interested in joining and racing, come take a look.
We have a PDF to view our the Rules we race under.

Skidmeister
25-02-2016, 16:50
I have raced with these guys for several years, and they drive hard but always clean. Great fun to race in this group. Test your speed againt the top drivers, or just learn to go faster, either way come out and have fun.:D
Here is the direct link to the PDF explaining the Format and Rules for League races.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1KroMin-0qlNFU1Nlp3VWN3R1E5RWxtZmFVX0h5Q25ad2lr/view?usp=sharing
and the email, if you have any questions.
alwaysracing2016@yahoo.com

dale3d
02-03-2016, 19:32
a Good blend racing enthusiasts, I have Always liked racing laps with these guys.

mapguy
03-03-2016, 12:56
Tried to join in last night but kept getting an error message when trying to join.

dale3d
03-03-2016, 14:57
Sorry to here that Mapguy. Here is a race report form my seat in it.

Nurburgring March 02 2016 Formula Renault 3.5

We had a great race last night. It was won by Skids with myself then Al all on the podium. I had a great start and edged Skids out off the line. Skids employed the "discretion is the better part of Valor" perspective and let me have the first turn. I knew that it would be a small miracle if i could hold him off for long and accepted the gift with a smile on my face. This track eats tires and I was happy to make 10 laps on my first set. I totally expected that I would see the rest pitting after me. It didn't happen, i was the lone car on a 2 stop strategy. Unfortunately the pit stop took forever ( more like 40 seconds i think) and i re- entered the race in 6th. I was got pass the 2 cars in front of me a couple laps later and saw that I was gaining on Al (2nd place) when on laps 15 he made his first and only stop. That left me in 2nd. I was elated to see that I was also gaining on 1st place (Skids). but a quick thought process lead me to understand that he was stretching his tires and his lap times were suffering for it. On lap 17, skids made his only stop. I was now in 1st again, but it was to be short lived. I had to stop on laps 21. Again the stop was painfully long ( I thought F1 type stops were very fast ). Skids blew by my like i was standing still. Wait, I was standing still!!!! When i regained the tarmac I was in 2nd. It was laps 27 when I saw the AI cars making a stop. How the heck did their tires last so long? Al popped up in 3rd right behind me and we (1st, 2nd, 3rd) finished that way. We were very happy to have survived that race with no major racing incidents happening. Congrats to SKIDS!!!! nicely done my friend. Great job to all of us.

After the race, we gathered on TS3 and shot the sh*t. It was funny when Skids asked how Al and I were using the DRS. We both said what DRS? We all laughed and I realized I better research the car of choice better before that next race. Hopefully I will be better prepared for the next race, I should be since it is my turn to chose.

allana15
03-03-2016, 17:19
Hello mapguy questions: Do you play pcars from a Steam account? If yes you need to join Always Racing group for all the information needed, to get into a race. If you don't use Steam, you can join Steam for free, then you will be able to join Always Racing group and start racing right away. We use Steam Id numbers for Race entry's. NO id, NO racing

mapguy
03-03-2016, 19:02
Hello mapguy questions: Do you play pcars from a Steam account? If yes you need to join Always Racing group for all the information needed, to get into a race. If you don't use Steam, you can join Steam for free, then you will be able to join Always Racing group and start racing right away. We use Steam Id numbers for Race entry's. NO id, NO racing

Yes, I do use Steam. I did find the group and sent a request. I'll have to wait until next week.

dale3d
04-03-2016, 19:03
Hi mapguy, I didn't see the group join request from you. can you send it again if you haven't received a response

mapguy
04-03-2016, 19:20
Hi mapguy, I didn't see the group join request from you. can you send it again if you haven't received a response

I probably did something wrong. I'll try it again.

dale3d
07-03-2016, 01:04
Next race event (copied from the group page)

Paddock Garage @ Bannochbrea
MAR 16 @ 7:30 PM
We will be stepping back a bit. Into the days when women were women and men wore kilts. Where the only safety gear you would wear was a pair of goggles to keep the bugs out of your eyes. We are taking a seat into the Lotus type 25 Climax and driving the picturesque Bannochbrea. It will feel like a sunny June afternoon (2:00 pm). There will be a 30 minute warm up session with a 1 lap race starting at 7:30 pm the main even will follow directly after. There will be 15 minute qualifier, 5 minute system check/warm up. And the race will be 30 laps. We have a gentlemen a agreement that everyone shall make at least 1 pit stop and it WILL be set to mandatory.

Summary;
Car = Lotus Type 25 Climax
Track = Bannochbrae
7:30 PM
30 minute warm up with a 1 lap race
8:00 PM
15 minute Qualifier, 5 minute warm up, 30 lap race

dale3d
11-03-2016, 18:47
Man, this track is beautiful and these cars are great! I hope all can make it!!!!

dale3d
13-03-2016, 20:22
Wow, this is going to be a tough race. This track takes no hostages!

dale3d
13-03-2016, 20:36
My first attempt at a movie upload. I am still working on getting the process down.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BEP7RFgDBbA

ilmor
13-03-2016, 22:18
Hello, our group Always Racing was formed on Steam to get sims racers together for good racing.

I just joined your Steam group; I'd like to give your league a try.

ilmor
14-03-2016, 08:50

Sorry, changed my mind as I found a league that may suit my schedule better. Nothing personal! Thanks.

dale3d
14-03-2016, 18:33
ilmor, anytime you want to spin some laps. just come on back. :D

allana15
14-03-2016, 21:06
My first attempt at a movie upload. I am still working on getting the process down.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BEP7RFgDBbA

Great video, Bannochbrae is a great country road course meant for classic race cars. It does take a bit of talent to race hard at that course, but it also separates the good from the not so good as well. Good racers will appreciate your video.

allana15
14-03-2016, 21:42
If you like old race courses then you love the Nürburgring Nordschleife it is coming, So with no farther delay, start the video https://youtu.be/ZaYZQi8wtQA
Gentlemen start your Lotus 25 Climax engines............................

dale3d
15-03-2016, 14:10
Here is a new video upload!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyJpOiMcJuU

Thanks for the vintage video Al

kidcurry
19-03-2016, 20:13
My buddy and I may join if you think we are fast enough. We usually race together with AI at 98 percent and start from the back with 30 AI. We usually get to the top 5 in a 60 minute race. I usually run no aids and he runs full aids, we do run damage. So if you think we are what you are looking for pm me.

alwaysracing2016
20-03-2016, 21:16
My buddy and I may join if you think we are fast enough. We usually race together with AI at 98 percent and start from the back with 30 AI. We usually get to the top 5 in a 60 minute race. I usually run no aids and he runs full aids, we do run damage. So if you think we are what you are looking for pm me.

kidcurry ALL clean racer are welcome to come and race, speed is not a requirement. Every track can be different to each driver. The next race will be announce and posted in a couple days.

dale3d
21-03-2016, 14:05
Great kidcurry! look forward to you and your friend lapping with us.

dale3d
12-04-2016, 13:55
So we are getting ready for another Wednesday evening of racing 4-13-2016. This time we will be at Zolder in Formula cars. First session will be in the Formula Rookie cars then in the 2nd session will be in the Formula C cars. The big challenge is the shift the driving style quickly. My style tends to favor the style needed in the rookie cars, but i will do my best in the C cars as well.

NSA Travis Wallace
13-04-2016, 20:28
Is this open to anyone? If so I may pop in, depends on if my daughter will go to bed easily or not. What time for formula races tonight?

dale3d
19-04-2016, 20:20
WOW, how time gets away with us. As it worked out Travis, we had some Tech issues that night. We are getting it taken care of. We have rented space on a Dedicated server rack so that there will be little if none bandwidth problems for anyone. To answer your question, Yes open to anyone as long as you are on our white list. So if you want to race with us, please send an email to alwaysracing2016@yahoo.com

I think we are going to try GT3 cars next Wednesday. Please keep and eye open for and announcement in the Steam Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AlwaysRacing#