PDA

View Full Version : Spa start/finish

AbeWoz
25-02-2016, 20:04
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before, but why is the start/finish line at Spa after the hairpin and not before it?

havocc
25-02-2016, 20:24
Because that's the starting line used for other categories that aren't F1

Awong124
25-02-2016, 20:27
I personally prefer the F1 starting position simply because it's flat.

Shadowoff
25-02-2016, 20:30
I'd like to see two versions:
1) Like yet, BUT with the large pit (exit after Eau Rouge)
2) The F1 version

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
25-02-2016, 20:49
Because that's the starting line used for other categories that aren't F1I was looking at the R18 e-tron onboard videos from a couple of years back, and at least the telemetry on that video showed the timing starting and stopping at the top, before the hairpin.

Shadowoff
25-02-2016, 20:54
I was looking at the R18 e-tron onboard videos from a couple of years back, and at least the telemetry on that video showed the timing starting and stopping at the top, before the hairpin.

The start is after the hairpin, but the finish at the "Formula Start/Finish". At 24h Spa its the same. But I still would like to see Spa with more Garages/Pits.

Shadowoff
25-02-2016, 20:56
The start is after the hairpin, but the finish at the "Formula Start/Finish". At 24h Spa its the same. But I still would like to see Spa with more Garages/Pits.

And for Quali the time starts/stops at the "Formula Start/Finish" aswell.

Neil Bateman
25-02-2016, 20:56
I prefer after the hairpin, its just one extra overtaking opportunity.

Schnizz58
25-02-2016, 20:59
Seems like La Source would be a brutal Turn 1 in multiplayer.

Neil Bateman
25-02-2016, 21:04

I agree, at least eu rouge doesn't involve slamming on the brakes and getting wrecked by the cars in the 3rd and 4th rows trying to win the race in the 1st corner.

havocc
25-02-2016, 21:26
I agree, at least eu rouge doesn't involve slamming on the brakes and getting wrecked by the cars in the 3rd and 4th rows trying to win the race in the 1st corner.

Idd that happens at les combes :rolleyes:

Btw that's probably why they used that finish line...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmOhDtgsPjc

BigDad
25-02-2016, 21:54
Donington seems to have the start / finish line in the wrong spot also ? Any reason for it's placement?

hkraft300
25-02-2016, 21:56

LA source isn't too bad. Its a slow hairpin. Eu Rouge is what catches people out in MP. Some don't realise the racing line doesn't always belong to them, and its fast with gradient changes and nasty kerbs that throw you if you don't get it right.
I rate it worse than turn 1 Monza.

N0body Of The Goat
25-02-2016, 22:05

It does if you try racing the Formula A AI, from a standing start they ascend the hill as if a stray dog has run across the track!

But Eau Rouge is far from unique in that sense at Spa, the above AI are very messy through a number of corners, mostly but not only due to those "artistic license" poles placed on various corners.

They also take Pouhon far too slow while taking hold a very tight line, easy pickings overtaking them around the outside while keeping at least two tyres inside the track defining white lines.

At Bus Stop, they tend to be overly aggressive.

etc.

ISJR33
25-02-2016, 23:45
Donington seems to have the start / finish line in the wrong spot also ? Any reason for it's placement?

Indeed, I cannot for the life of me understand the placement of the finish line at Donington. The finish line is (in real life) prior to the start line and indeed is clearly marked on the game. (But does not work)
The working "finish line" currently has no markings and is way too far down the pit straight.

Spa start finish line is specifically for the Old pits which is more frequently used by support races this is different from the Formula 1 cars.

havocc
26-02-2016, 07:20
This happens at monza too, the irl finish line is about 300m before the starting line https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/Monza_track_map.svg/2000px-Monza_track_map.svg.png

bradleyland
26-02-2016, 13:26

Money quote right here. Road America turn 1, anyone? Haha :)