PDA

View Full Version : Little bit disappointed after all this time waiting

MiZtErNiCe
26-02-2016, 11:50
I was asked to be patient, I was! The online section of this game is broken, the netcode for close online racing is not what it should be guys. What happened to the pit crew? will it never happen? After each update I become less willing to spend more than an hour or so on this game at a time, the introduction of the penalty for running wide and corner cutting put simply are arcade tricks to please the plug and crash players and completely ruin the full simulator vibe. Half the time you get penalised even if you are losing time on the lap the other half you don't get penalised for gaining time on specific corners by running way over the track limits. The lag and de-sync issues on multiplayer seem to have got worse and the in game chat is just annoying, cant it be like on other games when you are not using a mic every player is muted until you plug in a mic? In the game it still says if you have problems setting up the car then you can ask your engineer?? still not implemented, I know some will say its up to me to set up the car but like in real life a decent baseline for each track should be preprogrammed and a bit of tweaking made by the driver. I don't know jack about suspension geometry or camber/toe levels, rebound, damping etc etc etc but I know how to drive the car and it is a racing simulator and not an engineering simulator so some preset packages would be ideal, even if it was just 3 presets like, high aero, mid aero, low aero setups.

I like the way the cars sound, feel and drive on track, that side of the game is spot on.

I wish we would get more updated liveries on the fictional classes as its said its the easiest to do as they are fictional, I noticed a guy running a new livery on the Formula A car that I don't have, yet I have downloaded all the livery updates from the store. Maybe with not playing for months I have missed an update or something. Anyone know what update or DLC package you get more liveries for the fictional classes like Formula A, etc?

biggbaddwolf
26-02-2016, 13:49
I agree, you need a degree in engineering to set up the cars. Like you, I like to race, not spend countless hours doing set-ups, and even after all that the cars are no better than when you began :mad:

MiZtErNiCe
27-02-2016, 10:11
Nobody going to answer about the pit crew? tried to search for some info but came up with nothing. I remember when the game first came out all the talk about the pit crew and how it would be in the game.

Roger Prynne
27-02-2016, 11:23
Try this..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45186-Where-are-the-Pit-Stop-mechanics-and-enginners-in-the-game

Konan
27-02-2016, 11:38
Or this one...
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41629-Are-animated-PITSTOPS-still-coming&highlight=Pitstop%2Canimation

Konan
27-02-2016, 12:01
Or just type "animated pitstops" in the search box and you will get a lot of answers....leading up to the one that's important to you and that is that pitcrews are not coming in Pcars1....

MiZtErNiCe
27-02-2016, 13:14
no pitcrew after all the talk after release, ah well.

Konan
27-02-2016, 13:19
No peace in the Middle East after all the talking either...talking a lot about something doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen...

hkraft300
27-02-2016, 22:56
no pitcrew after all the talk after release, ah well.

No peace in the Middle East after all the talking either...talking a lot about something doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH....
snap

Paulzx
28-02-2016, 06:37
Pretty much sums up how I feel about the game too.

I don't care so much about pit crew etc, I think we have more than enough cars, I just want what we have got, to work properly, and it's sketchy to say the least.

Most things I can put up with, but the longer I play career mode, the worse ai behaviour I see. I worked out a long time ago that if you put yourself blatantly right in the middle
of the road in front of the ai, they see you and act accordingly. If you're slightly off to one side, they can't see you.

What is laughable though, is ai behaviour in certain corners. Turn 1 at Monza and turn 1 at Zandvoort spring to mind. Try doing that in singlr seaters. No matter how many times you re-start the race, they pile into each other every time, with cars cart wheeling all over the place. It really is laughable because the ai obviously cannot deal with certain corners on certain tracks.

Hopefully, Assetto Corsa will have that sorted, in which case I can see the majority of people here, switching to that.

jack1984
28-02-2016, 07:57

No country promised peace in the Middel East, while SMS promised pit crews post-launch. That's the difference. ;) A difference I surely will remember when the sequel will be released.

Konan
28-02-2016, 08:09
No country promised peace in the Middel East, while SMS promised pit crews post-launch. That's the difference. ;) A difference I surely will remember when the sequel will be released.

An ANNOUNCEMENT stil isn't a promise...nore is it a certainty....
Otherwise I'd announce myself as King of the universe....
I have spoken :cool:

John Hargreaves
28-02-2016, 08:15

Interesting comparison, and it helps to keep things in perspective. If no pit crews is the worst thing that happens to me and my family today I'll take that thank you.

hkraft300
28-02-2016, 08:40
Christ.
Yet another thread moaning about animated pit crew that, if you're in cockpit view and not in the box behind another car, you can't bloody well see anyway.
+1 with ya Mr Hargreaves. If animated pit crews is a problem in my life worthy of discussion, I'm quite jealous.

MiZtErNiCe
28-02-2016, 09:52
you can see them when entering the pit though? Its not a game breaker for me but it seems the focus was more on car simulation rather than racing simulation. I was expecting marshals at safety posts, flags waving for warnings, chequered flag at race end, real penaltys, the penaltys introduced that slow the car on track when you lose time running wide really pizz me off but I can live with it, but why go all out saying this is a full on sim when (at least on ps4) its turning more arcade with every patch. I honestly thought the standard of players driving with this full on "sim" would reflect the skill you need to drive the cars but almost every online race turns into demolition derby but that's not the fault of sms.

any you want a race I'm on ps4 right now? formula a lobby, probably hit imola, spa, donnington or le mans. Lapping 1.19 imola, 1.45 spa, 1.07 Donny, 3.02 le man. use dualshock 4, few assists ;-) nobody like assist users right . . . . whats your excuse Kraft?

miagi
28-02-2016, 09:59
Turn 1 at Monza and turn 1 at Zandvoort spring to mind.
I think it's laughable and unfair that you criticize the AI behavior on a track that is not even in the game! Maybe the AI is bad in the fist corner of Zandvoort, but as long as the track is not in the game, how cares?!

jack1984
28-02-2016, 10:04
Interesting comparison, and it helps to keep things in perspective. If no pit crews is the worst thing that happens to me and my family today I'll take that thank you.

You know that this ridiculous comparison was not made by me, but someone who is an quite active defender of SMS? That keeps also things in perspective...

jack1984
28-02-2016, 10:07
An ANNOUNCEMENT stil isn't a promise...nore is it a certainty....
Otherwise I'd announce myself as King of the universe....
I have spoken :cool:

I will definitely remember this one and take announcements with a grain of salt... :) Maybe an idea to put it on the box of PCars 2 to manage people expectations?

Konan
28-02-2016, 12:20
You know that this ridiculous comparison was not made by me, but someone who is an quite active defender of SMS? That keeps also things in perspective...

RIDICULOUS? Fact of the world these days...are you living in a cage?
You're wrong about me being quite an active defender of SMS...I'm a VIGOROUS defender of SMS...maybe you should concentrate more on the multitude of things they accomplished instead of the few they didn't....makes for a whole different mindset and point of view...(more pleasant posts also if i may say so myself)

Edit: I always try to support my posts with facts and quotes i read on this forum,mostly made by people who know.
I can't say the same of the majority of ranters...so i really don't think i should even have to defend myself...

Konan
28-02-2016, 12:29
I will definitely remember this one and take announcements with a grain of salt... :) Maybe an idea to put it on the box of PCars 2 to manage people expectations?

A very recent example... Bernie Ecclestone announced a new format of qualifications in F1 some time ago....now they have already delayed it for technical reasons.
So my statement wasn't just in defence of SMS,it happens everywhere...
If they can't even get it right in a multi-billion event,how can you blame a small company like SMS for making a few mistakes?
And yes...that IS defending them again...I don't care...praise where it's deserved.

hkraft300
28-02-2016, 12:30
any you want a race I'm on ps4 right now? formula a lobby, probably hit imola, spa, donnington or le mans. Lapping 1.19 imola, 1.45 spa, 1.07 Donny, 3.02 le man. use dualshock 4, few assists ;-) nobody like assist users right . . . . whats your excuse Kraft?

No excuses. I'm just naturally slow. Nothing against using assist . The FA cars with TC is blinding fast, though it has so much traction you'd barely trigger TC.
There are marshals at their posts, but I'm usually concentrating more on the driving line to notice.
They're not actively waving flags though.
This is far more of a racing and/or car simulation than anything else on console. I don't see what's wrong with it being the latter: to simulate good racing, you need to simulate the cars and tracks...

Paulzx
29-02-2016, 20:10
I think it's laughable and unfair that you criticize the AI behavior on a track that is not even in the game! Maybe the AI is bad in the fist corner of Zandvoort, but as long as the track is not in the game, how cares?!

I meant Zolder not Zandvoort. I'm guessing most people who read my post probably worked that out for themselves.

Except you obviously. The point I was making still stands

MiZtErNiCe
31-03-2017, 00:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X49uK9tCrrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X49uK9tCrrc

MiZtErNiCe
31-03-2017, 00:57
but for doing nice hotlaps its ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjJi0cyncuw

the hotlap is ok but when the Ai is set to 100% and you're 2 secs + a lap quicker and only 1% of the best 1% of the racers who play can actually get the cars going this fast then where is the fun?

Sankyo
31-03-2017, 06:04
but for doing nice hotlaps its ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjJi0cyncuw

the hotlap is ok but when the Ai is set to 100% and you're 2 secs + a lap quicker and only 1% of the best 1% of the racers who play can actually get the cars going this fast then where is the fun?

So what's your point? AI not strong enough for you? Show me a game where they are. Other players not strong enough online? Find yourself buddies that have the same strength as you. Not sure how you think the game would be to blame for that?

MiZtErNiCe
31-03-2017, 10:15
out of all the things in the videos you pick out the Ai speed. You guys should look long at hard at all the things you said in the past, it was all BS. Nothing got fixed online its still a nightmare but who cares game number 2 on route, you think we will buy in the numbers we bought number 1?? no chance, Lucky if you have 2000 regular players. It doesn't help when you get infractions and warnings off angry sms mods/staff cos they cant take the truth. Tell me what kind of racing simulation leaves 10+ cars on the start grid that cant be removed?? Game was a joke at the start and is still a joke after 2+ years of post release development.

Kinda sucks cos I was in on the development, left when all the arcade penalty's started to be introduced, not what we signed up for unfortunately.

hkraft300
31-03-2017, 13:33
It's unfortunate to see how many do have issues online on ps4 especially public MP. Still see the odd car stuck on grid/garage. Happened to me sometimes, even after I've upgraded my internet (significantly). Switch lobbies, same exact settings: all is fine :?
That said I regularly race USA UK European guys MP and even with those having supposedly crap connection I can go wheel to wheel lap after lap on private sessions (my ps4 is connected via Wi-Fi, haven't bothered with a cat cable).
This game is next level and allows replay (not the replay feature. That's still terrible) value Unmatched on console. What alternative is there on console for MP sim racing league competition? On the PC side pcars has plenty of competition, where players jump between ams, rf 2, AC and pcars. AFAIK AC is the closest competitor for sim racing on console, and that has very limited options for MP.
I'll be giving SMS a second chance with pcars2. I think many leagues still running strong will be making the switch to pcars2 when that's out later in the year. In the first 12 months post release pcars had improved in every way, from stability to tyres (except the patch 6 tyregate, because patch 7/8 was a step backwards), features, options, everything except maybe graphics. The feature and car/track lists for pcars2 are looking saucy, by the way.