PDA

View Full Version : Its finally clicked (Yes clicked, not clucked! )

balderz002
27-02-2016, 14:47
At last!

My biggest problem (apart from not being terribly fast) in this game is consistency. Just had a race and for the first time since I bought PCars, I managed to not only win a race, but to lap consistently within a second for a 10 lap sprint race. And for all the cars in the game, it was a bloody Clio Cup!

It was round Oschersleben GP, and apart from the first lap (from a standing start) of 1:52, I was able to lap consistently in the 1:44's (ranging from 1:44.0 to 1:44.8), which although it won't light up the leader boards, has made me very happy! Every lap was a good lap too, so no invalidated laps this time!

cluck
27-02-2016, 14:56
Consistency is crucial, yep :).

You can be as fast as you like, but it doesn't matter if you can only do that for 1 lap out of 20, with the other 19 laps resulting in big crashes. I'm still not there yet myself, but I'm working on it. I still have a hard time, here and there, switching between the "balls out time trial" and the "I need to finish the race" mentalities.

Sometimes, all it takes is a combination that you 'click' with, for whatever reason. For me, it was a recent league race in the Aston GTE at Road America. It was 'only' a 45-lap race but I would have been happy to drive that combo for another 2 or 3 hours.

bradleyland
27-02-2016, 15:06
Could be clucked though? Yeah?

balderz002
27-02-2016, 15:10
Could be clucked though? Yeah?

Could be, yeah, you never can tell with that one! Gotta keep your eye on him!

cluck
27-02-2016, 15:17
Have I really become a verb?

Clucked verb (Action)

The act of doing something in a style associated with the once famous forum-litterer Cluck (see 'Cluck, forum malingerer'). Although once a common term, through the early half of the 2010-2020 decade, it's use rapidly dwindled in later years as people grew tired of his continued upbeat approach to everything related to Project CARS (see 'Most awesome driving games ever created') . To 'Cluck' usually referred to the act of providing a cheery - and heavily sarcasm-laced - reposte to a miserable, moaning post on a forum.

Clucked verb (Misdirection)

An alternative meaning also came into being through the latter half of 2015 and early 2016. To be 'Clucked' meant you had been misdirected, especially with regard to - at the time, unreleased - additional content for the game Project CARS (see 'Best driving game ever made, no matter what the whingers say'), even though he had no more knowledge of what was coming than anybody else.

John Hargreaves
27-02-2016, 15:18
Jackie Stewart has some good advice, and that's 'to drive about 10% slower than you think you can, you'll be faster'. I think that was on the documentary that Paul Hollywood made about Aston Martin when he got to race a GT4.

bradleyland
27-02-2016, 15:39
Jackie Stewart has some good advice, and that's 'to drive about 10% slower than you think you can, you'll be faster'. I think that was on the documentary that Paul Hollywood made about Aston Martin when he got to race a GT4.

See, this is one area where I think I've one-upped Jackie Stewart. I drive about 20% slower than I should. Therefore, I am clearly better at strategery (totally a real word, trust me) than Jackie Stewart.

Roger Prynne
27-02-2016, 15:41
I thought this is what 'Clucked' meant.... :highly_amused:

cluck
27-02-2016, 15:53

228429mum? :eek:

(bit close to the mark aren't you there Roger, and you, a mod, shocking :o)

Roger Prynne
27-02-2016, 16:01
It's just a chicken tripping over another chicken is all.........

I've had a few to many JD's I think, so it might be close to the mark..... lets see if my fellow mods give me an infraction :tongue-new:

Invincible
27-02-2016, 16:24

This one goes right into the "post of the month thread" over here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44917-Post-of-the-month

Schnizz58
27-02-2016, 18:00
It's just a chicken tripping over another chicken is all.........
At least that's what you tell the little chicks when they ask why mummy and daddy were wrestling.