PDA

View Full Version : for dev, watch this video, it's ridiculous

staer90
29-02-2016, 14:57
9 patch after the game is presented in this form: http://xboxclips.com/ManuelDif90/10035aff-72c3-424e-84e6-b84b3acea3e2

Jego
29-02-2016, 15:24
This looks like lag, nothing else.

BigFred
29-02-2016, 15:56
It's not lag.

FWIW I have seen the same thing.

I loved the Brannobrae track and put in quite a lot of hours on it under patch 8.0. I drive on my own, never with anyone other than me on the track (no 20 car grids, so the engine should not be taxed), and mostly with formula A, B, C. I never saw any freezing/stuttering.

In probably 5 hours or so since patch 9.0 I have seen quite a lot of stuttering, maybe once per 2 laps. The places where the stutter occurs are largely similar. The behaviour is not quite the same as the OP. In some places of the ops video it looks like the game pauses then continues from the same point. In the last place of the OPs video it looks like the display freezes, but then the engine carries on underneath. The behaviour I see is always the second type (paused display while the game carries on underneath, almost inevitably putting me into a barrier).

It's pretty much wrecking the track experience for me. It happened before, probably about patch 5.0, but I thought SMS had got rid of it. Now its back.

Patrick Kulinski
29-02-2016, 16:17
This looks like lag, nothing else.

But even if this is lag (it's rather a display freeze), it seems lke this was recorded on the XBOX1. Lag should not appear there, and surely not to that extent. I guess something pretty bad happened under the hood which should not happen at all.

kevin kirk
29-02-2016, 16:18
That's the 2 second freeze. It has happened for me way before the recent patch. I only play off line. Sometimes it does it a couple of time a night and sometimes it doesn't do it for 2 weeks. I just take into consideration that the console is being pushed to its absolute limits and hickups are going to happin because its being pushed to its limits. It does force me to run with damage off. I don't really get mad when it happins anymore.

kevin kirk
29-02-2016, 16:21
It's not lag.

I loved the Brannobrae track and put in quite a lot of hours on it under patch 8.0. I drive on my own, never with anyone other than me on the track (no 20 car grids, so the engine should not be taxed), and mostly with formula A, B, C. I never saw any freezing/stuttering.

In probably 5 hours or so since patch 9.0 I have seen quite a lot of stuttering, maybe once per 2 laps. The places where the stutter occurs are largely similar. The behaviour is not quite the same as the OP. In some places of the ops video it looks like the game pauses then continues from the same point. In the last place of the OPs video it looks like the display freezes, but then the engine carries on underneath. The behaviour I see is always the second type (paused display while the game carries on underneath, almost inevitably putting me into a barrier).

It's pretty much wrecking the track experience for me. It happened before, probably about patch 5.0, but I thought SMS had got rid of it. Now its back.....well if your on PC then that throws my console pushed to the limits theory out the window.

kevin kirk
29-02-2016, 16:23
It's not lag.

It's pretty much wrecking the track experience for me. It happened before, probably about patch 5.0, but I thought SMS had got rid of it. Now its back.......are you on pc or xbox one? Your platform says your on PC

Jego
29-02-2016, 16:29
Well the thing is, I used to get those lags when Steam had connectivity problems, haven't had those since a few months now tho.

kevin kirk
29-02-2016, 16:37
Well the thing is, I used to get those lags when Steam had connectivity problems, haven't had those since a few months now tho.
..for me its offline

Pbucko
29-02-2016, 16:43
This happens all the time on xbox one, when playing online. Its when someone joins your party or session or some one leaves, the rest of the players in game get frozen screen for 2 seconds or more. Its been in the game from day one. If you look at the end of the freeze frame on video, someone joins the session.

Plato99
29-02-2016, 16:59
It's why I haven't touched MP since way before Xmas. Fed up of the death freeze every time someone rage quits and then comes back again when they can't find a new lobby. Always seems to happen at a crucial time which invariably ends with me in the wall, like the top of Radillon at Spa, or braking in to Druids at Brands. Never on the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans eh?!

Flat_out
29-02-2016, 17:23
That cutting out used to happen to me when the game first came out.Didn't need to be online for it to happen.
But after a few patches and putting game on external drive it seemed to disappear!

Mahjik
29-02-2016, 17:51
This happens all the time on xbox one, when playing online. Its when someone joins your party or session or some one leaves, the rest of the players in game get frozen screen for 2 seconds or more. Its been in the game from day one. If you look at the end of the freeze frame on video, someone joins the session.

It has to do with loading/unloading the car in the session. The idea is that it should happen infrequently during a race session (only during practice). I doubt anything will happen for pCARS1, but other titles have used "temporary cars" to aid in minimizing the issue. It's possible pCARS2 does something similar.

Jego
29-02-2016, 18:01
..for me its offline

I also had those lags while playing offline, everytime steam lost its connection for a few seconds.

BigFred
29-02-2016, 19:05
......are you on pc or xbox one? Your platform says your on PC

Xbox for this.

I am offline too. I had this before but never really figured out what caused it. I tried to do diagnostics.

The conclusions I draw are these :

It's unlikely to be something to do with the engine being overtaxed, because I run low spec settings, and it happens when weather is not on (I mean no rain) and when only I race, ie the least taxing environment.

It's unlikely to be something to do with online, because if it was it would probably not happen in the same place for every lap.

It is game breaking, in the respect it is not a minor inconvenience. It actually wrecks your race.

I might spend some time doing some more diagnostics.

BigFred
29-02-2016, 19:12
Ironically when it cut out on the old patch (maybe 5.0 or something like that) one of the trip points for me was just before the second chicane on that straight.

oneBIGkicker
29-02-2016, 20:11
this happens to me when my Internet goes out for a sec.
Will happen to me if I am running quick race, and in MP, always tied to a burp on my internet.

kevin kirk
29-02-2016, 20:44
Its hard to put a finger on it because I have went for well over a week without it happening and some nights it happins twice in the same night. (off line play). Lets me finish the race everytime. They only real game impact it has for me is it forces me to turn the damage off. Maybe in shorter races the off track would be game breaking but alittle off track in a 2 or 3 hour race isn't really that big of deal for me.

beetes_juice
29-02-2016, 20:58
When you guys say offline are you physically removing ethernet/enabling offline mode in either XBL/PSN/Steam?

Even if your playing a QRW or FP in single player your still connect to the internet and the game is grabbing WR fastest lap timing, your fastest lap timing, etc from the internet. To go fully offline you needed to enable offline mode or cut the cord (You don't have to do this every time for playing offline/single player, just a test.). When I was playing on XB1 and having issues a test I would do was to either pull the plug or put the my XB1 in offline mode. Boot up pcars and setup the exact session I was just having issues in. 99.9% of the time all stuttering went away.

This would tell me something is going on with my network or XBL....Obviously not the best fix for playing online but it gave me an idea on where the issues was....if something is up with your network/XBL then you wont be playing online anyway. Next time you run into major issues with stutturing online/single player try and take your system "offline" and see if the issue persist.

ashasha
29-02-2016, 21:35
I've never had that problem, but I only have like 6 friends that I never do anything with and I only play offline (with internet enabled). I have played for stretches of many, many hours at a time and never had this happen. I have a really good internet connection so if it is from drop outs then that may explain it....but to be honest I think that it's something else. I have all of my games installed to an external USB3.0 drive and I don't have these problems and I don't think that it's a coincident; I have a feeling that I'd on here complaining about issues if it was on the internal.

I also disabled the quick startup and automatic updates stuff so when the XBOX is turned off it is completely turned off. I think that reduces some of the glitches that others experience. Anytime that I start to get weirdness (usually audio stuff) I go to the Blu-Ray settings and clear the cache and then go to the network settings and delete the alternate MAC address which then requires a reboot. That's cleared up problems in Forza as well as PCARS. Also when I exit the game I go to the main menu and actually quit the game before powering off the system. All of these things seem to help to keep things running efficiently which is important when the game is pushing the limits of the hardware.

But I still say that the external drive is probably what helps me the most. I'd be interested in other people's experiences.

kevin kirk
01-03-2016, 00:34
When you guys say offline are you physically removing ethernet/enabling offline mode in either XBL/PSN/Steam?

Even if your playing a QRW or FP in single player your still connect to the internet and the game is grabbing WR fastest lap timing, your fastest lap timing, etc from the internet. To go fully offline you needed to enable offline mode or cut the cord (You don't have to do this every time for playing offline/single player, just a test.). When I was playing on XB1 and having issues a test I would do was to either pull the plug or put the my XB1 in offline mode. Boot up pcars and setup the exact session I was just having issues in. 99.9% of the time all stuttering went away.

This would tell me something is going on with my network or XBL....Obviously not the best fix for playing online but it gave me an idea on where the issues was....if something is up with your network/XBL then you wont be playing online anyway. Next time you run into major issues with stutturing online/single player try and take your system "offline" and see if the issue persist.
.......I am playing just single player quick race with just AI. My xbox is connected to the internet and I have apps running to my laptop. When I say off line I mean not playing multiplayer with others on the internet.

kevin kirk
01-03-2016, 00:36
also internet connected to my xbox with wireless router

cmch15
01-03-2016, 02:09
When the video catches up and the car is coming off the grass, right at the end there is a blue tag/message on screen. That normally says "you (or someone) have been disconnected (left/joined)". That is likely the reason for the pause.