PDA

View Full Version : Fine tuning audio on XB1

daohaus
29-02-2016, 23:23
I've watched video feeds from Project Cars on PC and it seems that you can hear the whine of the straight cut gears more so than you do on the XB1. I looked in the control panel and didn't really see an option to adjust that. I like the sound of the exhaust but want to hear more of the whine of the gears. Anyway to edit/change that?

kevin kirk
01-03-2016, 00:29
I can bring out certain sounds like rumble strips and debri hitting the car and the sound of rain hitting the car be adjusting my tv EQ. Other than that I don't see how unless you run with the engine sounds and 100 and effects at 50. Or vice versa

daohaus
01-03-2016, 06:48
Thanks I'll play with the sound levels. Rumble strips are a bit muted for me right now as well

nissan4ever
01-03-2016, 07:10
Are you playing your audio through a TV, receiver or headsets?

daohaus
01-03-2016, 16:06
Are you playing your audio through a TV, receiver or headsets?

through the TV

kevin kirk
01-03-2016, 16:20
Thanks I'll play with the sound levels. Rumble strips are a bit muted for me right now as well....I am really just turning down the mid range sounds with the EQ, mostly engine, and that allows me to have my tv up louder making the lower and high sounds come out more.

daohaus
01-03-2016, 16:59
....I am really just turning down the mid range sounds with the EQ, mostly engine, and that allows me to have my tv up louder making the lower and high sounds come out more.

ah i see, takes some fiddling i guess

nissan4ever
02-03-2016, 01:48
You should really consider picking up a set of gaming headsets (entry level just fine). Your gaming will come alive.

Hammerpgh
03-03-2016, 14:30
I am still using my old Xbox 360 headset so have to have the chat headset on underneath as well. Been considering picking up a dedicated Xbox One set recently (Turtle Beach XO One) but the price of around 50 quid over here in the UK was putting me off. Just the other day I saw another set the Recon 50X. Anyone know whether these are any good?

daohaus
04-03-2016, 17:33
You should really consider picking up a set of gaming headsets (entry level just fine). Your gaming will come alive.

we have one, now if i read this right. I plug the headset into the controller and then disconnect the control and the audio will still work right?

beetes_juice
04-03-2016, 17:55
Yes. If your on a wheel may want to keep it plugged in to usb as the controller will turn off after a while of sleep and you drain batteries.

daohaus
04-03-2016, 18:25
i'll give it a try, it worked before and then stopped working. Maybe that was why, not being plugged into the usb to keep it on. thanks.