PDA

View Full Version : single dlc uninstall?

trinita
01-03-2016, 15:25
hi everybody, just a quick question.
is it possible to uninstall just a single DLC, or would i have to uninstall the entire game and the reinstall it, along with the DLCs i want?

thanks.

biggbaddwolf
01-03-2016, 15:52
Why would you want to uninstall something?

bradleyland
01-03-2016, 16:03
hi everybody, just a quick question.
is it possible to uninstall just a single DLC, or would i have to uninstall the entire game and the reinstall it, along with the DLCs i want?

thanks.

You cannot remove individual DLC. If you go to system storage management on your PS4, you'll see ProjectCARS install (under Applications), profile data (under Application Saved Data), and replays (under Application Saved Data).

One thing to note is that the DLC content is actually included in update files, so uninstalling DLC would only save you a few KB anyway. When you install DLC, you're only installing an "unlock" for the content that is already in the update files.

Hope that helps.

trinita
01-03-2016, 16:09
i see. thanks for the quick and detailed answer! it was very helpful indeed!
just one follow up though; if i were to uninstall the profile data, that would also mean losing all my tuning setups, right?

as for the reason behind my question, apparently my father can't stand seeing a corvette or a cadillac on the grid, and since there's no way to select which cars you want on the grid, i thought the easiest solution would have been to get rid of the dlc altogether.

bradleyland
01-03-2016, 18:52
just one follow up though; if i were to uninstall the profile data, that would also mean losing all my tuning setups, right?

That's correct. The profile data is your game save data, which includes any setups, as well as career mode progress, game settings, etc. It would be as if you installed the game fresh.

Vittorio Rapa
01-03-2016, 19:24
as for the reason behind my question, apparently my father can't stand seeing a corvette or a cadillac on the grid...

Please tell us more...

Sixer
01-03-2016, 22:04
Clearly your old man knows nothing of auto racing.

The Corvette just came 1,2 at Daytona.

Not sure if trolling....

Schnizz58
01-03-2016, 22:39

as for the reason behind my question, apparently my father can't stand seeing a corvette or a cadillac on the grid, and since there's no way to select which cars you want on the grid, i thought the easiest solution would have been to get rid of the dlc altogether.

I like your dad. :D

bradleyland
02-03-2016, 00:22

Not sure if trolling....

He probably just has a brand affinity. Plenty of people do :)

dbo35
02-03-2016, 03:16

Not sure if trolling....

its pretty obvious...

trinita
02-03-2016, 09:29
i don't know what his problem with corvettes or cadillacs is honestly.... and i'm not gonna ask him, coz then i'd probably have to listen to a 30 minutes monologue.
the thing is i was the one who bought and installed the dlc on his ps4, so i felt obliged to fix the problem for him, once he started bitching about it.
anyway, last night, as soon as i explained to him the only way to remove the dlc was to uninstall the whole game and lose all the tuning setups....... the dlc suddenly stopped bothering him so much. :D

to those who "questioned" his knowledge, he's actually quite the car enthusiast... he was a racing driver when he was young and knows much more about cars and driving than i do. but the fact that he's an expert doesn't mean he can't be a moaning pain in the ass at the same time. ;)
to be honest i also don't like corvettes and cadillacs, but every new addition to the game is wellcomed imo.... which is why i decided to install the dlc in both my and his ps4.

to those who claimed i was "trolling" (which is just weird, as i didn't write anything controversial or even slightly inflammatory about the game itself), i suppose the smart thing to do would be to just ignore you....
as for those who contributed to the conversation in a meaningful and intelligent way instead, thanks for your help. :)

I like your dad. :D
i'm gonna show (and translate) your comment to him. that's sure to crack him up:D

edit after 3 days......
.... and now he loves cars in the new dlc.... of course :D
i swear, sometimes i feel like i'm the father and he's the son.