PDA

View Full Version : No Indycar in Career mode tree :(

Harmoniser
01-03-2016, 20:09
Ever since they announced they had acquired the license for the Indy 500 along with the 2014 Dallara DW12 Indycar ["Indy 500 will also become a integral part of Project CARSí career mode" and "access to all cars and drivers of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar] I have been quite excited about getting my hands behind the wheel and getting into it in my career.

I understand that they are having problems with AI on ovals, but I was hoping today we would have at least be able to play the Dallara in the career mode as part of the career tree, given they said it was integral to the career mode. Disappointingly they have appeared as IndyCar Trophy & Stock Car Trophy support series invitationals. Along with that given the price of the DLC, I would expect the entire carset and drivers to come along side the DLC, unless I've missed them? Do they appear in the invitational?

It would be good to know if anyone knows if they will add this as an integral part of the career mode, when the land the Indianapolis track and if they plan to add all the drivers and cars of the 2015 season?

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

and with all that I must say I do like the car, well done pcars team :)

FS7
01-03-2016, 20:19
I don't think they'll add new career tree, only invitationals. Even then there's content that isn't used at in career at all: Willow Springs, Cadwell Park, Mercedes C-Coupe DTM, GT1 cars.

Rambo_Commando
01-03-2016, 20:43
I really wanted Indy as part or the career like FA but I'll settle for the 4 race invitational. Although I wish it was a 6-8 races. I wonder if they can add more races to the invitational if they can't add it in the career tree.

Harmoniser
02-03-2016, 19:28
I really wanted Indy as part or the career like FA but I'll settle for the 4 race invitational. Although I wish it was a 6-8 races. I wonder if they can add more races to the invitational if they can't add it in the career tree.

I would have liked it to be choice within the tree, it would fit into the original ethos of the career mode which was, freedom to choose your starting position. If it was just the the Indy 500 that would make sense as an invitational. Personally I think they could widen some of the tree to take into account all the new content. It might help drive up sales too.

Having said all this, it still doesn't explain why the 2015 cars and drivers have not been added to the game.