PDA

View Full Version : Entire career crushing 100% AI until...

Ryan Neuman
02-03-2016, 01:07
Formula B. Now I can't even compete with 80% AI. Is there some huge disparity between say, FC AI and FB AI? I was winning races by 20-30 seconds in the FC with max AI and can't even qualify in the top 10 against 85-90 AI.

What gives?

Mahjik
02-03-2016, 02:24
Is this in career mode?

Rambo_Commando
02-03-2016, 02:40
Isn't that a good thing? 100% AI strength in the FR series is too easy. I'm around 4-5 second a lap quicker than the AI so this is a good thing for me.

Silraed
02-03-2016, 03:33
Wasn't the AI in career mode "scaled" in a similar way to real life where the higher series are more closely competitive with better drivers, so lower series are easier?

Maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me.

Shinzah
02-03-2016, 05:18
Wasn't the AI in career mode "scaled" in a similar way to real life where the higher series are more closely competitive with better drivers, so lower series are easier?

Maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me.

When you reach FB and FA it's mostly the AI's tires that make a huge difference. The AI in FB and FA just has significantly more grip, so the AI adjustment goes waaaay more out of whack than usual.

Silraed
02-03-2016, 05:48
Yeah it can be a little frustrating in Formula B when the AI take some mid speed corners significantly faster on a very wide line than is possible for you to do on the optimum line.

bradleyland
02-03-2016, 13:30
The same happens in the Gr.A touring cars, to some degree. I can destroy the AI in most cases, but if I load up an E30 M3, I have to dial the AI back to around 80% or I'm toast. You'll notice that tracks vary as well. For example, the AI tend to be very quick at Laguna Seca. Try chasing a 100% AI through Rainey (turn 9, just after the corkscrew). There's no way to match their speed there.

Mahjik
02-03-2016, 14:20
Is this in career mode?

In waiting for the OP to come back; in career mode the AI strength is scaled based on the level of the career path (i.e. the lower tiers have the AI scaled back and the higher tiers have the AI scaled closer to the actual level set). This does not happen with Quick Race so you will see a difference doing a Quick Race of the AI at say 90 using the Formula Rookie verses using AI at 90 for the Formula Rookie series.

So yes, as you move higher in the tiers during career, the AI gets better even if you aren't adjusting the AI level yourself.

Bealdor
02-03-2016, 14:33
In waiting for the OP to come back; in career mode the AI strength is scaled based on the level of the career path (i.e. the lower tiers have the AI scaled back and the higher tiers have the AI scaled closer to the actual level set). This does not happen with Quick Race so you will see a difference doing a Quick Race of the AI at say 90 using the Formula Rookie verses using AI at 90 for the Formula Rookie series.

So yes, as you move higher in the tiers during career, the AI gets better even if you aren't adjusting the AI level yourself.

It's not really connected to the tiers but more to the series you're running. Local series like the German FR are scaled down while the FR World Championship is not.

Mahjik
02-03-2016, 15:17
It's not really connected to the tiers but more to the series you're running. Local series like the German FR are scaled down while the FR World Championship is not.

That may be a variance, but the design clearly called out the tiers as they were designed to have the amatuer type racing early in the tiers with the expectation of that the drivers get better as they get to the higher tiers. It's all back on WMD1. ;)

Bealdor
02-03-2016, 15:32
That may be a variance, but the design clearly called out the tiers as they were designed to have the amatuer type racing early in the tiers with the expectation of that the drivers get better as they get to the higher tiers. It's all back on WMD1. ;)

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?21109-We-got-some-splainin-to-do!&p=893788&viewfull=1#post893788 ;)

Looks like it's a little bit of both.

Rambo_Commando
02-03-2016, 16:27
Nice so there is light at the end of the tunnel. I was hoping it wasn't going to be this easy.

Shinzah
02-03-2016, 17:23

They aren't designed to have some series AI drivers nearly double in potential though. The jump from FC to FB in terms of AI talent is massive, and it really shouldn't be as huge of a jump that it is. You can take 100% AI crushing skills to GT3 or LMP2 and do just fine from FC. But if you leave it on 100%, FB becomes very challenging.

I'm not sure it should be "Fixed" or "Modified" or whatever, but it's a very big cliff.

Mahjik
02-03-2016, 18:45
That likely has more to do with the car than the AI itself. There are certain cars that the AI can control very well (and are very fast), but there are others where the AI is slow and these are independent of the AI level set.

Ryan Neuman
02-03-2016, 22:47
Is this in career mode?

Yes, it's career mode.

Ryan Neuman
02-03-2016, 22:50
They aren't designed to have some series AI drivers nearly double in potential though. The jump from FC to FB in terms of AI talent is massive, and it really shouldn't be as huge of a jump that it is. You can take 100% AI crushing skills to GT3 or LMP2 and do just fine from FC. But if you leave it on 100%, FB becomes very challenging.

I'm not sure it should be "Fixed" or "Modified" or whatever, but it's a very big cliff.

This is very true to what I'm seeing - killing 100% in FC, seconds off per lap in FB. Sounds like it's a combination of several factors from the posts.