PDA

View Full Version : PS4 DLC

Goresh
02-03-2016, 11:02
With regards to the latest DLC and the $2 over charge, will people that have already bought it be required to contact Sony for a refund or will this come automatically? Might add its still listed at $5.49 here in Canada.

FS7
02-03-2016, 11:51
It's still listed at $5.49 in the US PS Store. I suggest contacting Sony & Bandai Namco for the refund.

Invincible
02-03-2016, 12:07
It's still listed at $5.49 in the US PS Store. I suggest contacting Sony & Bandai Namco for the refund.

Sony first, since they're the ones who made the mistake.

Goresh
02-03-2016, 12:45
Thanks guys but I think a reply from SMS might be best on this matter. I have no issues waiting for a refund just want to be sure its coming.

BigDad
02-03-2016, 13:11
$5.25 here in Australia ? Is that correct for ps4 ?
It's only a couple of $ if it is incorrect but giving that to $ony for nothing , never .

FS7
02-03-2016, 13:16
It's only a couple of $ if it is incorrect but giving that to $ony for nothing , never .
Check the price for the DLC on the Xbox website, that should be the correct price.

ports
02-03-2016, 13:19

On the UK ps store the DLC is 2.89 , $5.25 converted to is 2.71 so you get it cheaper than us in the uk but the US is paying 3.49.

BigDad
02-03-2016, 13:55
Check the price for the DLC on the Xbox website, that should be the correct price.
$4.65 here . ?
Seems odd .

FS7
02-03-2016, 15:07
$4.65 here . ?
Seems odd .
That's what I've been talking about since yesterday, the price of the X1 US Race Car Pack is correct (it's the same price charged for previous car packs) but for some reason the PS4 US Race Car Pack is more expensive (it costs the same as previous track expansions).
SMS has already confirmed that it was a mistake and Bandai Namco is working with Sony to fix it, but there's no word yet on when the price will get corrected.

siemens123
02-03-2016, 15:09
question. if i got the game from PS Store Canada and i want to download the paid DLC from my other UK account, will it work in game or do i need to buy it only from PSN Store Canada to show and use it in the game?

Goresh
02-03-2016, 15:14
question. if i got the game from PS Store Canada and i download the DLC from my other UK account, will it work in game or do i need to buy it only from PSN Store Canada to show and use it in the game?

I know with other games the DLC is regionally locked. I think its safe to say it is for Pcars also.

ports
02-03-2016, 15:50
question. if i got the game from PS Store Canada and i want to download the paid DLC from my other UK account, will it work in game or do i need to buy it only from PSN Store Canada to show and use it in the game?

If you buy the DLC on your canada account it will work on your uk account as long as you have them both set to primary accounts.

siemens123
02-03-2016, 19:19
i want to buy the DLC from UK cause it's cheaper and i can buy a 5GBP code. on Canada i have to buy a 20$ CAD code cause the 10$ CAD codes are extinct. so it's not worth it. but i downloaded the game from PSN Canada. yes i know they are region locked that's why i was asking. :( anyone knows where i can get a 10$ CAD digital code on the internet? only secure sites not phantom ones like g2a.

FS7
02-03-2016, 19:40
Price has been fixed on USA PS Store, US$3.49. Hopefully people who paid extra will get the difference refunded soon.

Goresh
02-03-2016, 19:57
Price has been fixed on USA PS Store, US$3.49. Hopefully people who paid extra will get the difference refunded soon.

Thanks for the update, I'll wait to see if Sony offer the discount before I call.

wyldanimal
02-03-2016, 20:03
I never really checked Before.
But there were 3 Other DLC Car Packs that were $5.49 US.
Does this Mean that All the $5.49 DLC car Packs were $2.00 over charged in the US?

Edit:
Just checked.. Sorry.. Looks like all previous DLC Packs were Priced Correctly..

TheDoctor46
02-03-2016, 20:07
If its was, my condolence to the devs, because selling it for less would have been a joke given the work for it...

Massy72
02-03-2016, 21:05
Some nice new cars for us, but the sound of them is nothing near what the video's gave away, especially the sound of the Corvette...

Goresh
02-03-2016, 22:28
Some nice new cars for us, but the sound of them is nothing near what the video's gave away, especially the sound of the Corvette...

Please don't use my thread to complain, let's keep it on topic.

JessicaWalter
02-03-2016, 23:51
wow, i didn't even realize. oh well. if they give me my refund it'll be nice, but if they don't the dallara is worth what i payed by itself. i was excited for the aston but i haven't even tried it yet, haha. on topic: sony needs to get a better grip on their shit.

BigDad
03-03-2016, 00:18
wow, i didn't even realize. oh well. if they give me my refund it'll be nice, but if they don't the dallara is worth what i payed by itself. i was excited for the aston but i haven't even tried it yet, haha. on topic: sony needs to get a better grip on their shit.
But the overcharged money "won't "get paid to SMS so it's not okay with me. $ony get enough from me having to pay to play.

JessicaWalter
03-03-2016, 01:33
But the overcharged money "won't "get paid to SMS so it's not okay with me. $ony get enough from me having to pay to play.

yeah i agree. we know sony won't pass the extra they collected on to the providers of the product for which they overcharged, but it's gonna be a really unpleasant phone call if that's the route we have to take to get reimbursed. it may be an hour or more and I'm deciding if $2 is worth it to me. i will probably do it just for principalities, but itll be really annoying. ill probably shotgun a beer or two beforehand and open one to sip while i wait.

Goresh
03-03-2016, 02:08
yeah i agree. we know sony won't pass the extra they collected on to the providers of the product for which they overcharged, but it's gonna be a really unpleasant phone call if that's the route we have to take to get reimbursed. it may be an hour or more and I'm deciding if $2 is worth it to me. i will probably do it just for principalities, but itll be really annoying. ill probably shotgun a beer or two beforehand and open one to sip while i wait.

I must agree, Sony once double charge me for several Gran Turismo DLC and it was a real pain trying to deal with them. My fingers are crossed the refund is done automatically.

Goresh
03-03-2016, 12:15
Well I had hoped we could get some word from SMS on this.

Invincible
03-03-2016, 12:17
Well I had hoped we could get some word from SMS on this.

What should SMS say? They cannot refund you for a failure of Sony. And they already said that Sony messed it up.

Goresh
03-03-2016, 12:55
Ya why would I expect them to do that, my mistake I guess.

FS7
03-03-2016, 14:46
For those who paid extra try contacting Sony's support page:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45495-Project-CARS-US-Race-Car-Pack-%96-Content-Overview&p=1245631&viewfull=1#post1245631

Goresh
03-03-2016, 17:34
Just got a refund, in fact Sony offered a $5 store credit as apposed to waiting for a $2 refund. Gotta love happy endings, great DLC pack and made a profit ta boot!