PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Starting in 4th gear.

mapguy
02-03-2016, 13:39
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this. Whenever I start a race or come out of the pits, whether at the start of a session or during a pit stop, when the car transfers to manual control it automatically changes to 4th gear. This is a slight annoyance but during an online race during the weekend I had someone hit me from behind exiting the pits at a Donington. I didn't change down quick enough. (I was driving a Z4 GT3 so if you hit one this past weekend it was me and I apologize).

Is there a way to stop this?

P.S First post here. Love the game, but it is lacking one thing. Mosport... :D

cluck
02-03-2016, 13:43
Do you have an h-shifter by any chance? Check that isn't in a gear :).

If you're on PC (as per your platform line below your name), it will help if you add your PC and controller specifications to your signature - go to Control Panel at the top right of the forum page and then click Edit Signature in the list of options down the left-hand side of the window that appears. The more detail the better - see my sig as an example :).

Roger Prynne
02-03-2016, 13:46

If you're on PC (as per your platform line below your name), it will help if you add your PC and controller specifications to your signature - go to Control Panel at the top right of the forum page and then click Edit Signature in the list of options down the left-hand side of the window that appears. The more detail the better - see my sig as an example :).

This is the usual problem.

mapguy
02-03-2016, 13:52

:facepalm: I never thought to check that... Thanks!

Silraed
02-03-2016, 14:07
Don't worry, we have all done it at least once :rolleyes:.

Mad Al
02-03-2016, 14:54
Don't worry, we have all done it at least once :rolleyes:.

and it's nowhere near as funny as selecting reverse instead of first on the start line..... :)

Invincible
02-03-2016, 15:04
and it's nowhere near as funny as selecting reverse instead of first on the start line..... :)

Especially for the one behind you :p

TwilightUA
02-03-2016, 15:09

I bet that the driver behind you felt everything but funny seeing your reverse lights :D

Edit: ninja'd

Invincible
02-03-2016, 15:18
I bet that the driver behind you felt everything but funny seeing your reverse lights :D

Had that once IRL. A second before the light went green (street, not track!), the dude in front of me put in his reverse and mashed the go-pedal as soon as the light was green. :mad:
As a result, the rear wheels of that dude's car were standing on my hood / bonnet. :(

Angst1974
02-03-2016, 20:26

:D I had this "issue" last night and I thought it was some bug in one of the new cars, then I looked at my shifter

Mad Al
02-03-2016, 21:12

What reversing lights...

https://youtu.be/q_xPpk_IFcw?t=360

Shogun613
02-03-2016, 21:26
Lol, just yesterday I paused the game while on a straight in 4th gear in a paddle shift car, only to blow the engine when I unpaused it, because my shifter was in first gear. I have to remember to always keep that bad boy in neutral if I'm not using it.

Silraed
02-03-2016, 23:55

I actually did this on sunday. I span and made some contact on the first corner and went into reverse to get back on track before noticing I had somehow lost a wheel, hit restart session and forgot to move the shifter. It was a bit of a surprise I can tell you.

Bealdor
03-03-2016, 07:24
Happens to me at least once a week... :highly_amused:

mapguy
03-03-2016, 13:54
Confirmed. It was in 4th. I was doing some GT3 events and left the shifter on the floor...

Craig Martin
03-03-2016, 14:51
Confirmed. It was in 4th. I was doing some GT3 events and left the shifter on the floor...