PDA

View Full Version : Massive understeer with the DW12

odrik93
02-03-2016, 14:37
I just bought the US Car DLC and wanted to test the DW12 at Road America. However, the car has massive understeer. It turns so slowly, I have to minimize the speed way to much to make a corner. I lapped Road America with 2:06 while the AI were doing 1:51s.

E: I didn't change the setup. However I never really had issues with the unaltered setup, let alone 15 seconds off pace.

Shadowoff
02-03-2016, 14:41
I just bought the US Car DLC and wanted to test the DW12 at Road America. However, the car has massive understeer. It turns so slowly, I have to minimize the speed way to much to make a corner. I lapped Road America with 2:06 while the AI were doing 1:51s.

E: I didn't change the setup. However I never really had issues with the unaltered setup, let alone 15 seconds off pace.

Turn down the front tyre pressure and make the rear sway bar stiffer and the front softer.

odrik93
02-03-2016, 14:43
Turn down the front tyre pressure and make the rear sway bar stiffer and the front softer.

I know how to setup a car but 15s behind the leader is something that never occured to me. Also the car felt really strange, it felt exactly like the Sprint Cup car which I tested before. Could it be that it was some kind of bug?

Mad Al
02-03-2016, 14:52
I know how to setup a car but 15s behind the leader is something that never occured to me. Also the car felt really strange, it felt exactly like the Sprint Cup car which I tested before. Could it be that it was some kind of bug?

It's a possibility... always try restarting the game and retesting before doing anything else

Just tried 3 laps in TT, 1:51 using a controller.. so the car Is in the ball park (and yes it is quite easy to induce understeer..)

havocc
02-03-2016, 16:09
Remember to use "red" option tyres and kers too

Mauler_77
02-03-2016, 16:14
I set lap after lap in the 1:48s round Road America last night and only adjusted downforce and a bit of ride height really and felt no issues with understeer, especially coming straight from the Formula Renault which I'd been driving exclusively for about 3 weeks. I felt it was pretty well balanced, not much understeer, no massive rear-end oversteer. Didn't even change the pressures. Try adjusting the sway bars a bit, stiffen the rear a bit more perhaps. I think SMS have done a great job with this car and it's now my favourite open-wheeler.

N0body Of The Goat
02-03-2016, 16:20
Like with a few other cars, the default DW12 really benefits from a brief release of throttle before corner entry on medium-high speed corners.

3800racingfool
02-03-2016, 16:22
Remember to use "red" option tyres and kers too

What is with this "red" tire thing? I kept hearing about it last night but nobody would actually say what the difference was.

Raven403
02-03-2016, 16:25
What is with this "red" tire thing? I kept hearing about it last night but nobody would actually say what the difference was.

IRL the red tire is a softer compound. As is the case with the Red tire in the game.