PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Ian and Project Cars Crew

Foofer37
02-03-2016, 19:52
I wanted to say thank you to Ian Bell and all involved in creating Project Cars. After playing PC games and console games for many, many years I just had to take a minute to say thank you to all involved in the masterpiece that is Project Cars. This simulator really is excellent. So many things about it are so well executed. From it's graphics to it's superb handling physics and all the configurable features in between, it allows one to become fully immersed in simulated racing. Project Cars did not have to be created. But it was. And those of us that appreciate it for what it is thank you for it. I like to think of it almost as a gift to those of us that really love racing and racing cars. I think Ian and his team are pleased to create something knowing that people will gain a lot of pleasure from it. I think it's what drives them. My personal wish is that Project Cars will not change over time, to become somethings else, but rather will perhaps be updated and improved upon in a minute way that will only make it even better. What Project Cars currently is, I hope it will continue to be. An authentic racing simulator that is configurable to someone's exact abilities featuring stunning race and road cars that make one feel they really own them and drive them. Thank you Ian and team. We love Project Cars!

Best regards, Pete.

BullWinkle
02-03-2016, 19:59
Nice first post. welcome to the forum.:D

Umer Ahmad
02-03-2016, 20:00
Welcome Pete. Introduce yourself here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21839-Welcome-Introduce-Yourself!&p=1242017#post1242017)

The story of Project CARS ("Community Assisted Racing Simulator") was Ian/SMS inviting a bunch of sim-racers (like yourself I presume) to help build this game in 2011. 2015 that game is released and you have it.

Development of Project CARS 2 is already underway (http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/) and I can tell you it will be in the "same direction" (authentic motorsport) of pCARS1.

kevin kirk
02-03-2016, 20:17
They have certainly made me a lifetime SMS game buyer out of me with project cars.

Foofer37
02-03-2016, 22:00
Welcome Pete. Introduce yourself here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21839-Welcome-Introduce-Yourself!&p=1242017#post1242017)

The story of Project CARS ("Community Assisted Racing Simulator") was Ian/SMS inviting a bunch of sim-racers (like yourself I presume) to help build this game in 2011. 2015 that game is released and you have it.

Development of Project CARS 2 is already underway (http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/) and I can tell you it will be in the "same direction" (authentic motorsport) of pCARS1.

Umer my friend, thanks for informing me about PCars2. That is great news!

MrBlacky
02-03-2016, 22:23
I laughed so hard reading this post :highly_amused:

kevin kirk
02-03-2016, 22:59
.....trust me, when if your a console player only playing arcade games for decades and finally get your hands on something on this level its a pretty big moment. Not just that consoles can now handle it, but that someone finally took it upon themself to make this level of game. Even right now with the new consoles being a couple of years old, the big console racing game makers are still pumping out the same games with no gameplay options they did since the last gen consoles came out. The guy,and all those involved, finally broke the mold of console racing games. Thats the place were posts like these saying thanks are coming from

E_Luckow
02-03-2016, 23:04

???

RomKnight
02-03-2016, 23:28
Well it made Kunos made the move to consoles... it says something.

MrBlacky
02-03-2016, 23:34
A real masterpiece.

cluck
02-03-2016, 23:44
- there were working pitstops with realistic repair times (Oh, car completely wrecked? Let's go into the and repair it in 3 seconds!)
I'm glad there aren't realistic repair times. If I damaged my car in game, got to the pits and was faced with a 1-hour repair time, I'd just quit the race and get on with doing something more enjoyable. Like pulling my fingernails out.

Roger Prynne
02-03-2016, 23:48
Why do some people think it's OK to come into someones 'Positive Thread' and post negativity.... that amounts to trolling in my book, so stop it MrBlacky please.

MrBlacky
02-03-2016, 23:52
Why do some people think it's OK to come into someones 'Positive Thread' and post negativity.... that amounts to trolling in my book, so stop it MrBlacky please.

When I buy a new car and you tell me that it's a perfect one, but in fact it has severe problems, you just lied to me. So I don't think this is trolling.

Trolling is the first post, because it's completely untrue.

Roger Prynne
03-03-2016, 00:02
Now your skating on thin ice, last warning.

Ixoye56
03-03-2016, 00:05

I was actually happy to read Petes post, until you came in and destroyed my mood completely, thanks a lot ..... :mad:

MrBlacky
03-03-2016, 00:08
Now your skating on thin ice, last warning.

I better delete my first posting to keep up the positivity in this thread.

Krus Control
03-03-2016, 00:15
Seriously though, this game is amazing. The fact that these problems aggravate you is a sign that you keep coming back despite their presence, as all of us do. And the reason is that this game is so amazing. And now you keep banging on about it. Why? Troll level 1/10.

MrBlacky
03-03-2016, 00:20
Seriously though, this game is amazing. The fact that these problems aggravate you is a sign that you keep coming back despite their presence, as all of us do. And the reason is that this game is so amazing. And now you keep banging on about it. Why? Troll level 1/10.

Just to answer this question:

The reason why I'm coming back to this forum is because I'm running a very competitive GT3 Racing League based on Pcars. And I'm hoping for bug fixes - among other league racers - that make the game more playable for online racing.

Krus Control
03-03-2016, 00:22
See now that is a reasonable post.

Devosious
03-03-2016, 00:45
I have to agree with Pete, I have always played PC sims and there was nothing that was comparable on consoles when it came to physics calculations and just the little things you get in a Sim like this, graphics, handling, set up options, realism etc

I have been lurking around here since it launched but thought I would finally join up - when I first got it I was playing with the controller and then bought a G920 when it came out (XB1 player) just to play this game, it has not been disappointing quite the opposite - the only thing I wish is that I had more time to play.

Also being in Australia our internet is SO bad I don't even contemplate playing online although I would love to.

Salty Dog
03-03-2016, 01:26
Gee, the troll word is really being overused in social media and forums as an excuse to shut down anybody with an opposing opinion.

Its getting to the point that if you dont just agree with people you are labelled a troll, it seems theres no joking allowed, no sarcasm, no contradictions of another poster, now we seem to have threads that are only allowed to be positive.

If somebody writes a thread about a legitimate problem they are having with PC's like happens 5 times a day, and the fanboys jump into the thread and makes a joke about the issue the person is having like happens every day are they called a troll and threatened with banning?
No, they arnt because it seems to be fine to have an opposing view if its in favour of PC but you are called a troll if its not in favour, that is exactly whats going here.

Salty Dog
03-03-2016, 01:34

Roger any chance we could start getting threads labelled 'positive' and 'negative' just so we all know to keep our comments in those categories?

Id hate to put a joke or negative post in a 'positive' thread.

Could you please define a positive thread and negative thread and outline what we are allowed to say in both please?

How can we tell a thread that we can be both positive and negative mate? What signs should we look for Roger?

This must be just a project cars forum rule as ive never seen it on another forum for adults?

I gather this rule must work the other way around, as in anybody being positive in a negative thread should be warned for being a troll and banned?

Because with all due respect roger thats exactly what you are saying.

cheers

Salty Dog
03-03-2016, 01:59
I wanted to say thank you to Ian Bell and all involved in creating Project Cars. After playing PC games and console games for many, many years I just had to take a minute to say thank you to all involved in the masterpiece that is Project Cars. This simulator really is excellent. So many things about it are so well executed. From it's graphics to it's superb handling physics and all the configurable features in between, it allows one to become fully immersed in simulated racing. Project Cars did not have to be created. But it was. And those of us that appreciate it for what it is thank you for it. I like to think of it almost as a gift to those of us that really love racing and racing cars. I think Ian and his team are pleased to create something knowing that people will gain a lot of pleasure from it. I think it's what drives them. My personal wish is that Project Cars will not change over time, to become somethings else, but rather will perhaps be updated and improved upon in a minute way that will only make it even better. What Project Cars currently is, I hope it will continue to be. An authentic racing simulator that is configurable to someone's exact abilities featuring stunning race and road cars that make one feel they really own them and drive them. Thank you Ian and team. We love Project Cars!

Best regards, Pete.

Welcome and totally agree Pete, PC is the best console racing game with daylight second, i said the same as you when i arrived, its sort of the only real racer on the PS4 imo, happy youve found it too, cheers

Shinzah
03-03-2016, 02:08
If somebody writes a thread about a legitimate problem they are having with PC's like happens 5 times a day, and the fanboys jump into the thread and makes a joke about the issue the person is having like like happens every day are they called a troll and threatened with banning?

Actually, they're usually bullied and crucified by people who get off way too easily.

So why not just take the advice and try not to be a jerk, ever. I mean if everyone made an effort, we might all get along.

But then I'm sure at least one of my three stalkers will hate this post anyway, so I don't know why I continue to bother.

kevin kirk
03-03-2016, 03:04

The reason why I'm coming back to this forum is because I'm running a very competitive GT3 Racing League based on Pcars. And I'm hoping for bug fixes - among other league racers - that make the game more playable for online racing.........on the bugs issue, My point of view is more than likely there will never be a game that doesn't have bugs or hickups or something that you just have to deal with. At the very least it cant happin right now or anytime soon in gaming. Knowing that and from reading past threads and so on it seems the guys turning the nuts and bolts to the game have certainly done a great deal to fix what they can or just straight up tell us they cant fix something and we have to deal with it. So I cant hold the bugs in the game against them.

Konan
03-03-2016, 06:21

Best regards, Pete.

I love these constructive posts....:D

Edit:and welcome to the forum by the way...:cool:

Salty Dog
03-03-2016, 06:33
........on the bugs issue, My point of view is more than likely there will never be a game that doesn't have bugs or hickups or something that you just have to deal with. At the very least it cant happin right now or anytime soon in gaming. Knowing that and from reading past threads and so on it seems the guys turning the nuts and bolts to the game have certainly done a great deal to fix what they can or just straight up tell us they cant fix something and we have to deal with it. So I cant hold the bugs in the game against them.

Im with you here, playing F1 2015 of late and theres bugs left right and centre, i was having cars drive straight through me yesterday, cars jumping all over the track, ive never had those issues with PC on single player, ive had a few small things with PC but nothing more than all the other race games, PCs problem is thats its too real for a lot of the punters out there, they often blame the game for their own driving styles and shortcomings, part of the reason why a poor game like driveclub is so popular, because its easier and more forgiving because they are simplified right down unlike PC which is pretty complex.

Konan
03-03-2016, 06:44
I have to agree with Pete, I have always played PC sims and there was nothing that was comparable on consoles when it came to physics calculations and just the little things you get in a Sim like this, graphics, handling, set up options, realism etc

I have been lurking around here since it launched but thought I would finally join up - when I first got it I was playing with the controller and then bought a G920 when it came out (XB1 player) just to play this game, it has not been disappointing quite the opposite - the only thing I wish is that I had more time to play.

Also being in Australia our internet is SO bad I don't even contemplate playing online although I would love to.

Welcome to the forum to you too...
The "no time to play" is my major issue with the game also....well actually,when i DO have the time,the TV is usually occupied....:( :mad:

kevin kirk
03-03-2016, 07:07
Im with you here, playing F1 2015 of late and theres bugs left right and centre, i was having cars drive straight through me yesterday, cars jumping all over the track, ive never had those issues with PC on single player, ive had a few small things with PC but nothing more than all the other race games, PCs problem is thats its too real for a lot of the punters out there, they often blame the game for their own driving styles and shortcomings, part of the reason why a poor game like driveclub is so popular, because its easier and more forgiving because they are simplified right down unlike PC which is pretty complex......I think the difference between F1 2015 bugs and Pcars bugs is me knowing it probally took a lot of work to put in all the gameplay options Pcars has in the game. With F1 2015 there was no effort from codemasters to put in even the basic gameplay option. That kind of makes me feel different about how I feel about bugs in F1 2015.. What I mean by that is with all the things in pcars which is missing in F1 2015, there is a lot more chance of something not working right.

cluck
03-03-2016, 08:43
Gee, the troll word is really being overused in social media and forums as an excuse to shut down anybody with an opposing opinion.

Its getting to the point that if you dont just agree with people you are labelled a troll, it seems theres no joking allowed, no sarcasm, no contradictions of another poster, now we seem to have threads that are only allowed to be positive.

If somebody writes a thread about a legitimate problem they are having with PC's like happens 5 times a day, and the fanboys jump into the thread and makes a joke about the issue the person is having like happens every day are they called a troll and threatened with banning?
No, they arnt because it seems to be fine to have an opposing view if its in favour of PC but you are called a troll if its not in favour, that is exactly whats going here.It's not a case of "not allowing opposing points of view", it's simply that somebody who enjoys the game has taken the time to join the forum and express his joy and along comes MrKilljoy and spoils the party. Sometimes it's nice to just read nice stuff :).

Krus Control
03-03-2016, 09:26
It's not a case of "not allowing opposing points of view", it's simply that somebody who enjoys the game has taken the time to join the forum and express his joy and along comes MrKilljoy and spoils the party. Sometimes it's nice to just read nice stuff :).

This. There are soo many threads bashing the game. And there are places to report and discuss bugs and issues. It's not like the people reading this thread aren't aware of the game's problems.

Sankyo
03-03-2016, 10:55

No, they arnt because it seems to be fine to have an opposing view if its in favour of PC but you are called a troll if its not in favour, that is exactly whats going here.
"I laughed so hard reading this post" is not an 'opposing opinion'. It's just stirring things up. And if the same guy then calls the OP 'trolling' when it's nothing but a positive personal opinion, I think your finger-pointing is very much misplaced here.

It also does not have to do with not allowing opposing opinions, joking or sarcasm, but it does have everything to do with how those things are done.

chig88
03-03-2016, 11:49
Im with you here, playing F1 2015 of late and theres bugs left right and centre, i was having cars drive straight through me yesterday, cars jumping all over the track, ive never had those issues with PC on single player, ive had a few small things with PC but nothing more than all the other race games, PCs problem is thats its too real for a lot of the punters out there, they often blame the game for their own driving styles and shortcomings, part of the reason why a poor game like driveclub is so popular, because its easier and more forgiving because they are simplified right down unlike PC which is pretty complex.

I've got my issues with SMS and Project CARS but they come nowhere close to the nightmare that is Codemasters.

Shockingly poor developer that embarks on an annual mission to con F1 fans into buying their latest half-arsed effort. Removing features year by year, ignoring pertinent questions because they know the answer will be unpopular, trying to promote the image of a fan-friendly developer & then disappearing from their forum for months on end, and on and on......

I really hope they lose the F1 licence as soon as possible. Even if another developer doesn't take it over, no game whatsoever is better than the shit-show they 'develop'.

Konan
03-03-2016, 11:56
I've got my issues with SMS and Project CARS but they come nowhere close to the nightmare that is Codemasters.

Shockingly poor developer that embarks on an annual mission to con F1 fans into buying their latest half-arsed effort. Removing features year by year, ignoring pertinent questions because they know the answer will be unpopular, trying to promote the image of a fan-friendly developer & then disappearing from their forum for months on end, and on and on......

I really hope they lose the F1 licence as soon as possible. Even if another developer doesn't take it over, no game whatsoever is better than the shit-show they 'develop'.

You mean worse right? :cool:

Azure Flare
03-03-2016, 11:59
Someone coming here and saying nice things about Project CARS?

What is this trickery!?

FR-Alan
03-03-2016, 12:02
--WARNING EXPLICIT CONTENT : FORBIDDEN TO READ IF YOU ARE UNDER 80 YEARS OLD --
Maybe it's like Santa. Some believed (and still :D) and some don't for some reasons. But for those who still believe that is, as mods said, not neccesary to break the dream :D.
Pcars do continue this dream, on many area :D

Cheesenium
03-03-2016, 12:05

Codemaster might have some sort of obligation with formula one that they need to release an annual game. Their other games, Grid and Dirt are generally decent especially after their Grid Autosport games where they did some good changes that made the game fun.

I won't put codemaster at Milestone level of terrible where their games has game breaking bugs that probably never fix and the same severe bugs are carried over to other games too. That is an awful developer but SLRE did improved a little.

tomtparis
03-03-2016, 12:24
When I buy a new car and you tell me that it's a perfect one, but in fact it has severe problems, you just lied to me. So I don't think this is trolling.

Trolling is the first post, because it's completely untrue.

well said, Mr.B
as long as you dont try to use the car like its advertised...everything is fine.
But dont try to drive it...some wheels are missing and the Brakes will assembled later on,maybe.

For us,the hardcore League-Drivers the current State of development (PC1) isnt a good advertising for PC2 and im afraid PCars will loosing more and more enthusiastic Drivers to other Sim`s.
And they will never come back,thrust me.

Konan
03-03-2016, 12:32
well said, Mr.B
as long as you dont try to use the car like its advertised...everything is fine.
But dont try to drive it...some wheels are missing and the Brakes will assembled later on,maybe.

For us,the hardcore League-Drivers the current State of development (PC1) isnt a good advertising for PC2 and im afraid PCars will loosing more and more enthusiastic Drivers to other Sim`s.

As has been said before:these issues are well known and reported...flip over the record please... (that black round thing that came before cd's)

tomtparis
03-03-2016, 12:38
As has been said before:these issues are well known and reported...flip over the record please... (that black round thing that came before cd's)

oh yes,
reported a million times.
And the Leagues will sing this "Song" louder and louder.
so, were are the improvements ?

waiting for PC2 isnt an option.

Konan
03-03-2016, 13:08
oh yes,
reported a million times.
And the Leagues will sing this "Song" louder and louder.
so, were are the improvements ?

waiting for PC2 isnt an option.

Well...for one thing:the sound improved with cd's :cool:

All kidding aside...i'm sure they're working on it and i know you heard this a million times before but so did i reading your post...
No offence

tomtparis
03-03-2016, 13:19

All kidding aside...i'm sure they're working on it and i know you heard this a million times before but so did i reading your post...
No offence

oh no, i dont take it as an offence, u r welcome !

and ! i dont think CD`s are better than the good old vinyl...but thats a matter of taste.
by reading the opening Post i remember this short fable by H.C. Andersen
The Emperors New Cloth (http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersholt/TheEmperorsNewClothes_e.html)

and NO this is also no Offence - its just a fairy-tale. :-)

Konan
03-03-2016, 13:23
oh no, i dont take it as an offence, u r welcome !

and ! i dont think CD`s are better than the good old vinyl...but thats a matter of taste.
by reading the opening Post i remember this short fable by H.C. Andersen
The Emperors New Cloth (http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersholt/TheEmperorsNewClothes_e.html)

and NO this is also no Offence - its just a fairy-tale.

Well...at least i agree on the cd versus vinyl part :cool:

As in everything: opinions can differ and each has his own...let's just leave it at that...

chig88
03-03-2016, 13:33
PCars will loosing more and more enthusiastic Drivers to other Sim`s.

Wrong forum dude :D.

E_Luckow
03-03-2016, 13:38
The worst... the guy comes, express his happiness with the game, and the thread ends locked because of the trolls.

t0daY
03-03-2016, 13:38
Wrong forum dude :D.

Thrustmaster? xD

tomtparis
03-03-2016, 13:41
good catch! :o
10x sorry... :yes:

Dakpilot
03-03-2016, 13:52
I bought Pcars on PC at launch, after following the development, and have played ever since (591hrs) , so far I have had a single freeze/crash at around patch 2 (lost my career save) , genuinely that is it

I have never seen or experienced a landmine once, however, there have been many small bugs (that I have experienced) but none that have stopped me being able to enjoy the game and the vast majority have been sorted with the many patch fixes

I have done a few races online but due to internet connection have never considered joining a league, and the "general'' online racing behavior in all games is at best patchy so I (for now) stick to offline.

As a whole package there is nothing to compare or touch Pcars, many others come close or exceed it in many parts but not overall, I congratulate Ian Bell on his vision and can only wish him and all the SMS team the best in the future, hopefully sticking to their goal of Motorsport authenticity, fidelity and adjust-ability.

I have rarely posted due to the overwhelming negativity which sometime could even be seen as whining, even positive threads like this are 'crushed' by complaints that do not belong here

I am sure there is great disappointment with the way things work in organised leagues, but this thread (and many others) are not about that, is it so hard to be able to express enjoyment without being shouted down by someone who may indeed have a legitimate complaint , but about a different part of the whole Game/sim.

Anyway I will leave you all to it, but MY experience in the way I have used this product has been extremely positive

Congrats and thanks again to Ian,SMS and the whole team

Cheers Dakpilot

Konan
03-03-2016, 13:59
I bought Pcars on PC at launch, after following the development, and have played ever since (591hrs) , so far I have had a single freeze/crash at around patch 2 (lost my career save) , genuinely that is it

I have never seen or experienced a landmine once, however, there have been many small bugs (that I have experienced) but none that have stopped me being able to enjoy the game and the vast majority have been sorted with the many patch fixes

I have done a few races online but due to internet connection have never considered joining a league, and the "general'' online racing behavior in all games is at best patchy so I (for now) stick to offline.

As a whole package there is nothing to compare or touch Pcars, many others come close or exceed it in many parts but not overall, I congratulate Ian Bell on his vision and can only wish him and all the SMS team the best in the future, hopefully sticking to their goal of Motorsport authenticity, fidelity and adjust-ability.

I have rarely posted due to the overwhelming negativity which sometime could even be seen as whining, even positive threads like this are 'crushed' by complaints that do not belong here

I am sure there is great disappointment with the way things work in organised leagues, but this thread (and many others) are not about that, is it so hard to be able to express enjoyment without being shouted down by someone who may indeed have a legitimate complaint , but about a different part of the whole Game/sim.

Anyway I will leave you all to it, but MY experience in the way I have used this product has been extremely positive

Congrats and thanks again to Ian,SMS and the whole team

Cheers Dakpilot

Yeah...it lasted 'till post #6 to become negative...good job!...not!...

(Those who feel spoken to:yes i mean you!)

Raven403
03-03-2016, 14:09

No offence

Since you said it Konan can I just ask why you think that? I've seen very little to indicate any existing issue is being addressed further in Pcars1?

That's not a jab i'm seriously asking.

Konan
03-03-2016, 14:15
Since you said it Konan can I just ask why you think that? I've seen very little to indicate any existing issue is being addressed further in Pcars1?

That's not a jab i'm seriously asking.

That statement is based on the fact that support will last,even beyond the last DLC...(stated by Ian)
Besides,it would be a big commercial mistake from SMS to leave it as is...
It also has been stated that some of the issues are difficult to reproduce so that imo is stating they are still working on them...

Raven403
03-03-2016, 14:19
That statement is based on the fact that support will last,even beyond the last DLC...(stated by Ian)
Besides,it would be a big commercial mistake from SMS to leave it as is...
It also has been stated that some of the issues are difficult to reproduce so that imo is stating they are still working on them...

Indeed it would, to which things do you refer?

I just haven't seen a list of things still being addressed or that WILL be addressed is all.

John Hargreaves
03-03-2016, 14:27
Maybe if we all promise not to post anything positive in it, someone could start a 'Project Cars ruined my life' thread.

I like to read the positive threads on here where people are genuinely happy with the game and starting to share some of the pleasure it has given me for the last five years. I also get it that someone's GT3 league might have been spoiled etc, and I'm sorry that's the case, but one doesn't cancel out the other. Some people are enjoying it, some are not, fine. I think what irritates people is that every time someone says something positive, someone feels compelled to shout about how it isn't what they expected, full of bugs, broken etc
Yeah, we get it, but it's just really boring having the saviours of the internet stamping down on people who are enjoying the game. Pouncing on every positive thread will not squash the bugs that are upsetting you.

Konan
03-03-2016, 14:28
Indeed it would, to which things do you refer?

I just haven't seen a list of things still being addressed or that WILL be addressed is all.

Since i'm not a WMD member or SMS employee,i can't answer that...as i explained before,i base my posts on things i've read on the forum and are (mostly) posted by people who are in the position to know...
Since the DEVS are rarely to be seen these days (understandably) your guess is as good as mine.
But i'm convinced they are at least trying to address the online issues (which the greaving was about)...

ELAhrairah
03-03-2016, 14:53
Playing project cars was for me like having sex with a beautiful lady only to wake up the next day and find out it was Ian irish. No just kidding its an excellent game and i hate myself not stepping in time into the project 2 cars thing! F&&&&&& &@@€&&!

Konan
03-03-2016, 15:34

So...got a neg.rep. on this post....ironic...getting a neg.rep.on an answer to a post that shouldn't have been there in the first place....
Not being a smarta$$ by the way...

Umer Ahmad
03-03-2016, 15:46
dont worry about that neg rep stuff...only worry if a moderator corrects you.

Konan
03-03-2016, 15:50
dont worry about that neg rep stuff...only worry if a moderator corrects you.

I know...thanks...just needed to vent a little...all good now :cool:

Shinzah
03-03-2016, 16:33
My stalkers negged my post too, Konan.

But I still have 7547 arbitrary internet points before they tarnish my beyond repute reputation ^^;;

They should come and fite in public, I'm not afraid of them or the moderators ^^;

Except Umer, he's got a huge hammer

Konan
03-03-2016, 16:38
My stalkers negged my post too, Konan.

But I still have 7547 arbitrary internet points before they tarnish my beyond repute reputation ^^;;

They should come and fite in public, I'm not afraid of them or the moderators ^^;

Except Umer, he's got a huge hammer

That's actually what i originally wanted to post...to say it to me in my face but i toned it down for the sake of (an actually non-existing) peace...
And for the fear of Umer's hammer offcourse :cool:

amazed
03-03-2016, 16:40
It's been an amazing journey, and it feels a sad now it's ending.

It would be nice to see a few more dlc cars released before PC2.

But even if that's not possible, I'm glad I've been able to join up for PC2 and see how it progresses.

I know Ian Bell has taken some stick on this forum (and others) but I would like to thank him (and the team) for being as open as they have been (bearing in mind that there must have been some constraints in the background) during the development and maturation of this game.

Many thanks to him and the team for a game that continues to give hours of pleasure!

Konan
03-03-2016, 16:49
It's been an amazing journey, and it feels a sad now it's ending.

It would be nice to see a few more dlc cars released before PC2.

But even if that's not possible, I'm glad I've been able to join up for PC2 and see how it progresses.

I know Ian Bell has taken some stick on this forum (and others) but I would like to thank him (and the team) for being as open as they have been (bearing in mind that there must have been some constraints in the background) during the development and maturation of this game.

Many thanks to him and the team for a game that continues to give hours of pleasure!

Hear hear...(or here here,not sure)

Shinzah
03-03-2016, 16:51
Hear here?

Konan
03-03-2016, 16:55
Hear here?

:rolleyes:

To keep it simple:
+1
I agree
Second that
Couldn't say it better
In total confirmation
Right on

Haiden
03-03-2016, 17:28
I better delete my first posting to keep up the positivity in this thread.

Or you could just stop talking. :)

The reason why I'm coming back to this forum is because I'm running a very competitive GT3 Racing League based on Pcars. And I'm hoping for bug fixes - among other league racers - that make the game more playable for online racing.

So basically, the game is sooo terrible and laughable that you're running a GT3 racing league in it, despite the flaws???? Uh... I think that says a lot for the game.

MrBlacky
03-03-2016, 17:59
So basically, the game is sooo terrible and laughable that you're running a GT3 racing league in it, despite the flaws???? Uh... I think that says a lot for the game.

You know, as the game was released almost one year ago I gave it a chance to improve. And well, there were a lot patches fixing a lot of bugs, that's what made me hope that the game will be playable soon. But in the last 3-4 months there were no mandatory bug fixes.
And yes, you might be right. That says a lot for the game that I was still hoping for it to become good, but now we're running our 2nd season and from 4 races there 4 races with trouble. First race got delayed one week because everyone got disconnected three times in a row. The other three races got the same problem plus some other bugs you never heard about, but it worked after one or two restarts, even though some people disconnected nevertheless.

So just for your information. And if you're curious: I will not run a third season.

Patrick Kulinski
03-03-2016, 18:04
Statement number one from my side: the game's neither shiny white not pitch black in its quality. So everybody should calm down a bit if necessary/possible.

Number two: maybe like me, some people may be quite invested into the game at an emotional level (As he was a WMD member) which could be why he keeps on running the league. At the same time problems might be hard to swallow as at least I wished the game to bang Forza's and GT's heads against each other once it would be out. It did a bit, seeing GT's half-assed try to implement night racing (but only in selected locations, and static) and Forza's attempt to have rain racing (in static conditions). But it never could develop the potential punch due to technical downsides, f.e. in online races as Blacky mentioned. This is what I think is a pity and definitely is an area to be improved for pCARS2.