PDA

View Full Version : Formula A tyre degradation issue

GabrielB
03-03-2016, 15:15
So I finally made it to Formula A after starting at the bottom with karts. The car is fun to drive but the tyrewear is from an other world. First Grand Prix in Dubai and I have to pit for new tires every 7th or 8th lap. After giving up on lap 27, the AI was still driving on the same set of tires (soft, just like me) and had barely scraped them!

How am I supposed to keep up with them? May I add that I am at best an average driver.

Thanks!

Haiden
03-03-2016, 17:32
So I finally made it to Formula A after starting at the bottom with karts. The car is fun to drive but the tyrewear is from an other world. First Grand Prix in Dubai and I have to pit for new tires every 7th or 8th lap. After giving up on lap 27, the AI was still driving on the same set of tires (soft, just like me) and had barely scraped them!

How am I supposed to keep up with them? May I add that I am at best an average driver.

Thanks!

Dubai is a pretty smooth track. I play with 3x tire wear, and usually get about 9-12 laps out of a set of tires. If you're only get 7 or 8 at 1x tire wear, then you might need to adjust your driving style.

Edit: Also... Depending on the race length, the AI gets around 10-12 laps per set in when I'm racing with 3x wear.

Blind Jesus
03-03-2016, 20:36
You should be getting a lot more life out of those tires on 1x wear. My group just finished up an FA season when we were doing x7 wear and the softs lasted for about 9 laps iirc. FA can really punish your tires for mistakes, turn down your break pressure a bit to avoid locking up the breaks, be sure not to 'scrub' the tires by turning the wheel beyond it's grip....and most importantly, make sure you tires are the right temperature and pressure. Dubai can get really hot, so you may need to raise the pressures a bit higher than other tracks, you should be aiming for ~210F...~230 and up can really start cooking the tires.

GabrielB
04-03-2016, 10:50
Thanks, good tips that I'll take into concideration!

I have seen though through other players on youtube that since the last patch the AI doesn't pit at all any more in FA. I hope SMS fix this issue soon. Or am I the only one dealing with this issue?

sisollazzo
18-03-2016, 16:51
I agree the Tyreswear is exaggerate. It doesn't matter which pressure do you use. The temperature is always to high. The formula a series has a lot of bugs

beetes_juice
18-03-2016, 17:16
No tire wear/pressure issues over here.

If your tires are always hot maybe look into setup/driving style/control settings. FA is tough to avoid scrubbing (wheel and controller) Quick fix for myself was bumping the steering ratio up a few clicks. Sure there are better options.