PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

Evilcee
03-03-2016, 15:42
Is it possible to create an app that can track custom championship progression like you would on a spreadsheet?

For example:
To set up a championship in the app.
Select cars and tracks, from drop down menus.
Select points system.
Etc.

Then set up each race weekend within PCars accordingly.

The app colates the race results and produces a table with a running total.

Is this possible?

Umer Ahmad
03-03-2016, 15:57
Outside the game, yes.

Inside the game, no.

Not sure I answered your question.

chig88
03-03-2016, 16:12
Would also like an app that does this

Umer Ahmad
03-03-2016, 16:15
I think you want the game data (race results etc.) to automatically "flow into" this 3rd application. I think it is possible, but it will take careful programming.

Definitely information can only flow FROM the game....NEVER INTO the game. Hope that is clear.

crowtrobot
03-03-2016, 16:23
I'm taking a stab at it, at least the front end part that would allow you customize the career series.

The initial version will probably only allow for edits to the current setup (meaning alter the location for existing races within the series, or existing weather slots, etc.), but should be expandable to adding those things as well once the file is completely decoded. It's all in binary markup, so it requires a bit of reverse engineering to figure out what bytes are what.

I'd be happy to work with someone to implement the scores and standings on the back-end, though it might not be necessary if you're already working within the construct of the career mode.

EDIT: didn't see that OP is on PS4 - this would require mods/unpacked files, so not happening on a console, sorry.

Evilcee
03-03-2016, 17:00
I was thinking of something like a very simple app for offline race weekends that collects the race results and produces a running table that auto populates (within the app obviously). Just like a spreadsheet.

I don't know how to do any of this by the way, I was just asking if it was possible.:D

MikeyTT
04-03-2016, 12:20
Simply, yes, it's possible to do what you're asking. Even possible to set pCars up a custom championship roster by setting up a DS and controlling the tracks, etc. on that.

At a simple level tho, if you set the app to watch for certain event combinations (race, quali, track, car, etc.) within a time window, then you could keep those results separate. The trick would be if you planned on doing this in MP, as there would be some other hoops to get through.

I have a penned approach to delivering this kind of feature for an online competition. So for instance a fastest lap competition, that would aggregate the results from all participants centrally and keep everyone informed of their positions/times. It's very much conceptual today, but that kind of approach would work to track what you're after. You just need an app developer to pitch the idea to and see what they say.

Evilcee
09-03-2016, 15:48
Here's an example of the kind of thing I mean.
I have made a master spreadsheet that has all the circuits laid out (in blue squares).
I then create a 16 race championship by copying and pasting the required tracks from the master sheet into the championship sheet.
This particular example is for 2 players (no point tracking the AI drivers).
Each person races the same track against the AI under the same conditions.
Of course you can mix it up in all sorts of ways with weather slots and rules and it can easily be expanded for more players.
Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to do this but it would be a really useful app to have.

ports
09-03-2016, 15:51
The attachment is invalid mate .

Evilcee
09-03-2016, 18:23
Fixed.

Just to reiterate, all the required fields would be auto populated by the data coming from the PS4.

LamboMantisMan23
09-03-2016, 20:13
This would not be possible on the PS4

Evilcee
10-03-2016, 12:17
This would not be possible on the PS4

Can you elaborate a little?

It seems to me that grid positions, lap times, driver names, race results etc are already being captured by various apps that work on all platforms.

Can this info not be put into a championship standings file and shared?

LamboMantisMan23
10-03-2016, 15:17
Can you elaborate a little?

It seems to me that grid positions, lap times, driver names, race results etc are already being captured by various apps that work on all platforms.

Can this info not be put into a championship standings file and shared?

If you are looking at a program that collects all that data, then yes it's technically possible, but it's the way you set up races and making the game and program work together to collect info from specific races if you get what I mean.

However if you are talking about adding a new championship to the actual game, then no, it's not possible on PS4.

Evilcee
10-03-2016, 21:51
If you are looking at a program that collects all that data, then yes it's technically possible, but it's the way you set up races and making the game and program work together to collect info from specific races if you get what I mean.

Thanks for replying and please bear with me as I'm trying to get my head around this.

When you say "collect info from specific races", the program would only ever need to collect info from the currently running Quick Race Weekend. The custom championship would be in the program/app, not the game.

The player would make up the championship from menu selections within the program/app and then he would use that info to manually set up a QWR. The program/app would then collect the data from the game as you are playing the QRW and put that info into a championship table within the program/app.

I hope it's clear now that I am not trying to add anything into the game. Can it be done?