PDA

View Full Version : Tire/Brake sound almost inaudible

Ahmed.ali
03-03-2016, 18:32
i can't hear the tire sound when sliding or oversteering or even when brakes are locked !
i put almost everything in 100% except music volume and still hard to notice the tire/brake sound

poirqc
03-03-2016, 18:41
i can't hear the tire sound when sliding or oversteering or even when brakes are locked !
i put almost everything in 100% except music volume and still hard to notice the tire/brake sound

The tire / brakes are ties to the engine sound slider. Leaving that one high while lowering the others will help you. However, it may still be somewhat low, depending on the car.

ramm21
03-03-2016, 19:01
you can hear different sounds better than others depending on the view you use. For example, trail view lets you hear the exhaust the best. In car cams usually are better at transmitting tire noises (I think helmet cam is best?), IMO, but I don't use that so I can't remember correctly anymore. I use hood cam for the expanded view, cockpit cams are too limited for my tastes. From the hood view, you hear the engine loudest, but I have no trouble hearing the tires when you learn to tune out the engine sounds a bit.

wyldanimal
03-03-2016, 23:37
you can hear different sounds better than others depending on the view you use. For example, trail view lets you hear the exhaust the best. In car cams usually are better at transmitting tire noises (I think helmet cam is best?), IMO, but I don't use that so I can't remember correctly anymore. I use hood cam for the expanded view, cockpit cams are too limited for my tastes. From the hood view, you hear the engine loudest, but I have no trouble hearing the tires when you learn to tune out the engine sounds a bit.

GT6 introduced the ability to Select your Sound View.
So even if you change the visual View, the sound remains fixed to the view you chose for it.

As you stated. the car sounds very different depending on which view you are using.

I think being able to Fix the Sounds so they are heard from a specific view
would be great.
Or allow the Mic to be adjusted freely around the car, then you can position it to get the sound you want to hear.

bmanic
04-03-2016, 00:04

It's been an issue for years now.. it's unfortunate that SMS didn't have the resources to split the tire squeal audio system from the rest of the audio channels and give it it's own volume slider. :(

What makes it even more frustrating is that the actual skid sounds are probably among the most dynamic and useful in any racing sim. It's such a shame they were left so low in volume and with no way to make them louder by the user.

bmanic
04-03-2016, 00:05
The tire / brakes are ties to the engine sound slider. Leaving that one high while lowering the others will help you. However, it may still be somewhat low, depending on the car.

It's maddening that it's on the engine volume slider. It's the engine sounds that drown out the tire sounds. :(

Titzon Toast
04-03-2016, 15:36
GT6 introduced the ability to Select your Sound View.
So even if you change the visual View, the sound remains fixed to the view you chose for it.

As you stated. the car sounds very different depending on which view you are using.

I think being able to Fix the Sounds so they are heard from a specific view
would be great.
Or allow the Mic to be adjusted freely around the car, then you can position it to get the sound you want to hear.

That was a fantastic feature and one I sorely miss in PCars, I use Bumper or Bonnet cam so I never get to hear the cars on full song.